• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Kirby and the Forgotten Land |ST| Hero in Another Dimension

Favorite Kirby game from the 2010s?

• Kirby's Epic Yarn

Votes: 35 21.1%
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Kirby Mass Attack

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Kirby Triple Deluxe

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Kirby: Planet Robobot

Votes: 78 47.0%
  • Kirby Star Allies

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
lol lots of varied opinions.

So I got to World 5 yesterday, and personally, it is my favorite world so far. Really clever ideas and level design, and the setting is incredible. As someone that does not normally enjoy desert levels, I love this world. Also, the visuals and use of color and lighting made my jaw drop. Especially before he enters the abandoned mall.

Great stuff.

Now for Waddle Dee town, fuck the restaurant stall. I want to get the figure, but I simply cannot win on Frenzy Mode. Ugh.

I guess some of that is dependent on where the player is in the game. IMO, it's a game that constantly transforms and adds new things. For me, I've become more and more impressed of how "balanced" the game is from game design point, the further I've progressed in the game.

I think what's notable here is that whether or not this is a good game is not what's being questioned. We're all enjoying our time with the title! It's more so the finer nuances of the execution, which goes to show that Forgotten Land is in a pretty healthy place.

I think what's notable here is that whether or not this is a good game is not what's being questioned. We're all enjoying our time with the title! It's more so the finer nuances of the execution, which goes to show that Forgotten Land is in a pretty healthy place.

Well yeah, meant more that the worlds I love seem to be the least liked by some others. I am enjoying the 4th and 5th world more than the 2nd and 3rd for example. I enjoyed them a lot, but just the whole visual vibe.

Well yeah, meant more that the worlds I love seem to be the least liked by some others. I am enjoying the 4th and 5th world more than the 2nd and 3rd for example. I enjoyed them a lot, but just the whole visual vibe.
That's fair. A lot of it comes down to preference, huh? Like, theme park worlds do a LOT for me, so yeah, Wondaria Remains was absolutely going to be my favorite world. But in general all of these worlds have had incredible theming so far.

For what it's worth, I'm really interested in seeing how World 5 plays out. The prior four worlds have been pretty lively despite their abandoned nature. I think a world that is more desolate, especially now that the story has taken a darker turn and Elfilin has been kidnapped, might be extremely effective. But I'll be experiencing that for myself next weekend!

That's fair. A lot of it comes down to preference, huh? Like, theme park worlds do a LOT for me, so yeah, Wondaria Remains was absolutely going to be my favorite world. But in general all of these worlds have had incredible theming so far.

For what it's worth, I'm really interested in seeing how World 5 plays out. The prior four worlds have been pretty lively despite their abandoned nature. I think a world that is more desolate, especially now that the story has taken a darker turn and Elfilin has been kidnapped, might be extremely effective. But I'll be experiencing that for myself next weekend!
Look forward to your thoughts. Visual storytelling is just so on point with this game.

The first two worlds are actually my least favorite I’d say, which is a pretty good thing!

The latter worlds may not have introduced much new mechanics, but what they did with the existing mechanics put them above imo. Plus more interesting environments

You're in for a very big shock, I'll tell you that much.
Good. Can’t remember if I struggled on base arena too much in previous games, but they give you so much meta tomatoes that it almost defeats the boss rush purpose

Late game spoilers: So
I beat Morpho Knight but didn't get all of Leo's fractions of his soul. Is there anything else worthwhile or is this pretty much it except 100% completion and more difficult fights?

Late game spoilers: So
I beat Morpho Knight but didn't get all of Leo's fractions of his soul. Is there anything else worthwhile or is this pretty much it except 100% completion and more difficult fights?
getting all the items in that area is needed for a 100% clear but there's no new content that you haven't already unlocked

This game is gorgeous.

OXFPHKC.jpg

This game is gorgeous.

OXFPHKC.jpg
Although they didn't really have to, I 'm happy they gave so many of the levels these kind of "establishing shot" moments. It does a lot to give the first 3D Kirby a nice sense of place and scope.

Just got the Tier 3 Fire power and it is overpowered in the best and most awesome way. Obliterated the boss of World 4 with it. (Though I am playing on Spring Breeze Mode to make it more relaxing)

Love all the worlds so far, but if I had to pick a favourite I think it would have to be Wondaria Ruins, as it epitomizes one of the game's best qualities; taking a setting (post-apocalypse) that is usually portrayed as dark, gritty, and depressing, and giving it a playful, wondrous feeling instead.

That said, there has not been a dud world or even a dud level so far, I'm really impressed at the consistent standard of quality it manages to pull off.

Will get stuck into World 5 tonight, can't wait!

Game beaten. The finale is fucking incredible, HAL outdid themselves
If Elfilin becomes a recurring character now that Popstar and the Forgotten Land are connected, let's get him in Smash

They can pull from Fecto Elfilis's attacks to give him a moveset

Post game

I can SEE a smash trailer doing an amazing fake out kinda thing with the morpho knight butterfly if he ever got in lol

Played the game through last night.

Solid final boss/es and some really nice storytelling.

All in all started of as absolute masterpiece, then stagnated a bit with the stereotypical ice/fire worlds and ended alright.

Metacritic 84 seems about right for the game.

Man, this game is pretty damn fun and charming, isn't it. Just finished the fourth "world" last night.

I've been stressing over getting everything before moving on and I think that I'm enjoying the game more now that I'm not worried about it. Some of the Waddle Dees are pretty tough to track down or have fairly difficult tasks to complete before you get them - I think I'll just go back through after I'm done.

got to the boss of world 3. my favorite world so far, just amazing visually.
Seeing the boss’ silhouette under the spotlight as you walk around the big top to get to it with the pre-boss music playing was a great moment for me

I made it to world 5, playing through the game in co-op and I have to say this is one of my favorite games on Switch. This is everything I wanted from Kirby 64 and more. It just seems a tad short, but hopefully there is more than there seems to be.

World 5 boss was fantastic in the creepiest way. From his design to the art direction in the level. Wow. Incredible.

Also, legit first time I died in a boss fight. I had close calls with the World 3 boss, but survived at least. Usually in a boss fight I have to restart it getting the missions - did so many restarts on World 3 - but this guy literally finished me off in the third phase.

I made it to world 5, playing through the game in co-op and I have to say this is one of my favorite games on Switch. This is everything I wanted from Kirby 64 and more. It just seems a tad short, but hopefully there is more than there seems to be.
FWIW, there's a good amount of post-game content if you want to complete everything.

Finished the story last night and now working on the post-game. Why is this getting so tough?

I also want to point out the texture work on certain surfaces. Lots of Nintendo games do this but there are such nice textures on the Waddle Dee's leather hat, or the wood of the hammer, or the reflection of light off the metal surfaces. This game looks so nice.

Just finished world 4, and loving the game so far.

KING DEDEDE STOLE MY FRIEND!

I love the fact that they worked the seemingly useless sleep power into one of the side objectives; that's one of my favourite ones so far, though I doubt any will be able to top returning the ducklings to their mother.

World 5 continues the game's awesome penchant for taking what would normally be a generic world theme and making it feel fresh through environmental storytelling. I think it does this better than any game of its kind since Tropical Freeze honestly.

I love the fact that they worked the seemingly useless sleep power into one of the side objectives; that's one of my favourite ones so far, though I doubt any will be able to top returning the ducklings to their mother.

World 5 continues the game's awesome penchant for taking what would normally be a generic world theme and making it feel fresh through environmental storytelling. I think it does this better than any game of its kind since Tropical Freeze honestly.

Oh for sure. Like Tropical Freeze, there is a sense of flow and place to each level, naturally feeling like it is leading into one another. Fantastic.

On a side note I got all the capsules for the two machines… spent so many coins in the missing ones. And now there is a third….. fuck

Do you get anything for getting all of Leongar's soul? I kind of want to do it just for the 100%, but i'm missing a few and idk if it's worth it.

Yeah the bosses get more and more difficult as the game goes on, ESPECIALLY in the post game. Might not be Elden Ring, but I'd say they're a lot more difficult than 3D Mario bosses and such.

Yeah the bosses get more and more difficult as the game goes on, ESPECIALLY in the post game. Might not be Elden Ring, but I'd say they're a lot more difficult than 3D Mario bosses and such.
That's Kirby tradition for ya! Once you get to post game bosses, the kid gloves come off and they actually challenge you. Very different from the Mario philosophy of boss fights, which at their best serve as climaxes for specific mechanics.

On a side note I got all the capsules for the two machines… spent so many coins in the missing ones. And now there is a third….. fuck

Don't know if this is bad news to you, but there are more than three.

Omg lol I have no clue where I am going to get more coins
There are mini games in Waddle Dee Town where you can win money pretty fast. Keep in mind that collecting all capsules on each rerun of the levels helps a lot as well to build the collection as well.

Last edited:
Played the game through last night.

Solid final boss/es and some really nice storytelling.

All in all started of as absolute masterpiece, then stagnated a bit with the stereotypical ice/fire worlds and ended alright.

Metacritic 84 seems about right for the game.
its stable at 85 now.

The Freaking Music in this game man..........

The second phase music for the final boss is outstanding!

One easily overlooked but really awesome thing about this game for me is the quiet moments.

Moments like the entry segments of the boss levels, or the openings of stages like Wondaria Parade or Alivel Mall Staff Side, where the music is silent and the game gives the player space to breathe and drink in its world.

It creates such a terrific sense of place and mood.

I beat the game today and damn... What a gem!!! HAL delivered big time. It's instantly become one of my favourite Switch games. Can't wait to sink my teeth into the post-game.

One easily overlooked but really awesome thing about this game for me is the quiet moments.

Moments like the entry segments of the boss levels, or the openings of stages like Wondaria Parade or Alivel Mall Staff Side, where the music is silent and the game gives the player space to breathe and drink in its world.

It creates such a terrific sense of place and mood.

Yup, this game's environmental storytelling and immersion are top-notch.

3rd tier Sword is a might OP wouldn’t you all say? Just unlocked it before heading into world 4 and hoo boy is this going to be fun 🤩
The collectible figures in this game just remind me of how much I miss Smash trophies.
Spirits we’re such a missed opportunity it hurts.

Finished up getting 100% tonight. Really enjoyed my time with the game, and looking forward to what HAL brings next. This is a great start for 3D Kirby.

Back
Top Bottom