• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Kirby and the Forgotten Land |ST| Hero in Another Dimension

Favorite Kirby game from the 2010s?

• Kirby's Epic Yarn

Votes: 35 21.1%
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Kirby Mass Attack

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Kirby Triple Deluxe

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Kirby: Planet Robobot

Votes: 78 47.0%
  • Kirby Star Allies

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
Ya like NSO icons? Time to get some Kirby and the Forgotten Land ones!

EDIT: Icons are until May 5th. Rotates on Thursdays instead of Mondays, same 6 PM PDT time.

I love that there's an upgrade to make the apparent joke power sleep into something really helpful. I already like its base form as the sort of cool double edged sword type thing where it seems useless but can be harnessed if do it right, but I also like that they didn't just leave it at that.

Halfway through world 6 now, the level design is still gold tier. Personally I am absolutely not feeling any kind of late game slump or dropoff in quality. Still loving it to bits.

Last edited:
Goddamnit
Stop stealing potentially cool boss fights from me, Morpho Knight. Why can't you have cool theme music like Galacta? Such a downgrade

Goddamnit
Stop stealing potentially cool boss fights from me, Morpho Knight. Why can't you have cool theme music like Galacta? Such a downgrade
it is interesting they used him twice in a row as the true final boss.

I like him, and clearly he means a lot lore wise. But I also hope Galacta Knight isn’t ditched completely.

I started my save file on a wrong Nintendo Account without Nintendo Online and now I cannot access the online features (including the codes for items and wise waddle Dee). Is it possible to transfer the save file to my account with a Nintendo Online account? I have absolutely no idea but I do not want to start over just for this.

Just finished world 4.
Nice story twist
. They strike a very interesting balance between the game being really cute but also feeling like there's stakes.

Also, the level design and environmental art are so crazy good.

Just started this one because during the past two weeks I was away from my Switch.

I really like it! As I expected, the fact 3-D environments are a first time for the series was not really used to change the formula. In a way, I kind of wish they had done a leap of the sort, as it would have been a more, let's say, intriguing path to take. But on the other hand, this is one of the best-designed Kiby games out there.

Robobot left me completely cold and I didn't even pick up Star Allies and Return to Dream Land due to how vanilla they looked. Forgotten Land has been gold so far, though, and considering I am only done with the first two worlds, I assume it will get even better down the line.

got to the credits. man, kirby indies are so unhinged, lmao

looks like there's still a lot left to do tho, which is great. i can't get enough of this game.

edit: tweet reposted

Last edited:
Ultimate Cup Z. Seriously big spoiler
I LOVE how Elfilis Soul Chaos Elfilis has a second form. I narrowly beat the first form after loosing my copy ability like an idiot, and got destroyed right when I thought I had won. That's always fun

I'm sitting at 96% right now and wondering if it's worth it to go for 100%. Do I have to beat all of the target times and collect every figurine to get full completion?

I'm sitting at 96% right now and wondering if it's worth it to go for 100%. Do I have to beat all of the target times and collect every figurine to get full completion?
You don’t have to do the target times, but you do need to collect every figurine. Getting 100% is worth it if you’re a completionist, but if you don’t mind missing “small” content like figurines then you won’t be missing anything at this point.

You’ll get a photo in your house for reaching 100%

I love that there's an upgrade to make the apparent joke power sleep into something really helpful. I already like its base form as the sort of cool double edged sword type thing where it seems useless but can be harnessed if do it right, but I also like that they didn't just leave it at that.
The HD Rumble effect when that upgraded version is activated is quite fun.

i'm stuck at the final tilt and roll hard challenge. i just can't do it, my hands aren't steady enough i guess. i guess i got lucky beating it on normal.

Last edited:
World 5 Good.

The environmental storytelling through this world, especially the first three levels, was amazing. You got the first level, a dried out ocean wasteland turned desert. You reach the end and you see...a resort? This was the ocean by an old beachside resort! And you play thriugh the ruins of the resort in level 2 - a great contrast between what was once some tropical and bright setting and the dried out husk that exists now. Even the pool is just dirty water. Going to a second mall was a treat, too. The focus on the staff areas was a wonderful twist.

I hit 100% last night and just...man. What a great game. So happy it exists and that it was done with the care and polish it was. Honestly I think what most excites me is thinking about what they'll do for the next one!

Managed to 100% the game a few days ago. HAL did such an amazing job with the transition to full 3D. Loved everything about this game! The least amount of copy abilities we've had in a while but all of them and their upgrades were fun and intuitive to use. The visual and audio presentation was extremely top-notch. Gorgeous level design and world building, stunning score.

Loved that we finally get a mascot "fake-out" and Elfilin was always on our side. Loved the lore of the past world becoming this animal kingdom and the environmental themes.

Very short but very enjoyable game, Kirby will always heal me. Star Allies was very generous with free DLC which I wouldn't expect again, but if we did get some DLC, I'd love to actually be able to play as Waddle Dee and maybe even Meta Knight in single player! Would also love more copy abilities and worlds. I think they nailed so many cool level designs with the deserted world concept and I think there's still more that could be done.

Just beat the final boss and finished the end credits.

Holy moly, that last stretch was something else. The finale was truly epic and I love that they kept that streak of cosmic horror contrasting with a cuddly and innocent exterior. As with most things about the game, it goes above and beyond the standard to deliver something special.

Taken as a whole, it's an absolute delight; its charming, varied, polished, and just packed to overflowing with delicious goodness, like an overflowing box of luxury chocolates or a great big multicoloured birthday cake or a mug of hot chocolate topped with extra cream and marshmallows.

It's my new favourite game in the series, and an excellent addition to the Switch's library.

Last edited:
finished the bonus world. the final boss was surprisingly not that hard. now on to the final level of the colosseum.

I hit 100% last night and just...man. What a great game. So happy it exists and that it was done with the care and polish it was. Honestly I think what most excites me is thinking about what they'll do for the next one!

Same here. Ultimate Cup Z was tough, the final boss beat me when I thought I had won!

As someone whose only previous experience with Kirby was the N64 game, what an amazing experience this was, honestly. I was expecting the game to be good based on the trailers, but not this good. One of my favourite Switch games so far.

What a game, I finished it after 10 days.

It was my first Kirby game ever (I tried the Star Allies demo and a bit of Kirby's DreamLand 3 on NSO before and didn't enjoy them) but the trailers and the demo convinced me it was gonna be good and boy, it exceeded expectations!

Nintendo should have another evergreen game with this one.

Bring on DLC or a sequel :cool:

goty tbqh. i can't see the playtime right now (started 7 days ago) but based on where it's landed in games sorted by play time, it took 25-30 hours.

img_6068erjew.jpg

Damn they could have made entire minigames out of some of these treasure road stages. Genius level design. The Galaga like shooter level was fun.

I finally figured out the witch time thjng you all have been taking about. It’s not strictly the same since you don’t have to push in the same direction as the enemy. Simply guarding + moving the stick to dodge in any direction when the attack is close to hitting will trigger the slow-mo. 💪

Also not all copy abilities can do this apparently.

Finished the extra world and rolled credits a second time. Excellent game, with bags of enthusiasm and creativity.

A great foundation for 3D Kirby games going forward. The best game Nintendo has released in a long time in my opinion.

I finally figured out the witch time thjng you all have been taking about. It’s not strictly the same since you don’t have to push in the same direction as the enemy. Simply guarding + moving the stick to dodge in any direction when the attack is close to hitting will trigger the slow-mo. 💪

Also not all copy abilities can do this apparently.
It goes one step further for Sword and Hammer btw. If you press the attack button immediately after getting the slo-mo dodge, Kirby will do a wide counterslash with sword, if you hold the button down with Hammer, he'll get a super fast Hammer Flip charge. It's very strong, especially for Hammer

So I finally got to the final boss since I've been busy recently and once again, Kirby games turn into horror.
Hearing the voice in the elevator on the way up and seeing the animals being absorbed into the blue goop had me feeling freaked out.

Just finished the fourth world and it has quite possibly cracked into my top five winter-themed video game levels/worlds. What an absolute delight, and the music is fantastic. Did not think Wondaria could be toppled but here we are.

The Dedede fight was also pretty fun, loved it when he started swinging the column around. And then that sneaky penguin kidnaps Elfilin during the victory screen!

Just beat the main game yesterday. What a wild ride. Now to work on the post game content. I’m so glad there were no missions for the final boss because that would be too much for me to handle lol

Now time to grind coins for the capsule machines and powering up my copy abilities.

Oh sorry, I missed that! Good news, though. Some of these are tough!
surprisingly there's no reward or recognition for hitting all the target times at all, which is weird because almost every other bit of optional content will at least acknowledge that you've done it. not even a message box

Got 100%!

That final Colosseum challenge was brutal. I am not a fan of Boss Rush modes, as they usually frustrate me, so after a couple of tries on Wild difficulty I opted to embrace my cowardice and do it on Easy Mode.

I am not ashamed! :p

surprisingly there's no reward or recognition for hitting all the target times at all, which is weird because almost every other bit of optional content will at least acknowledge that you've done it. not even a message box
I thought they counted towards 100% (it's weird that they don't) and I was fighting pretty hard to nail some of them. By the time I found out they were not necessary for full completion, I had already hit most target times so I decided to go ahead and get all of them. It was a fun challenge despite some particularly tight margins.

Feel like I’m completely missing something here with this game. It’s fine but it’s so mind numbingly easy it’s really making my mind drift off while playing, it’s difficult to find the motivation to keep going. The copy abilities seem way overpowered and make an already easy game trivial. The level design is linear and simple. Again fine but some people comparing this to Mario Galaxy is just mind blowing to me.

The visuals and music are great. I like Kirby as a character but I haven’t played the previous games so I guess that’s an issue. I’ll keep going with it until the end for the simple fact I paid £50 for it digitally 😝

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread! That's what I get for posting before my morning coffee.

Last edited:
Feel like I’m completely missing something here with this game. It’s fine but it’s so mind numbingly easy it’s really making my mind drift off while playing, it’s difficult to find the motivation to keep going. The copy abilities seem way overpowered and make an already easy game trivial. The level design is linear and simple. Again fine but some people comparing this to Mario Galaxy is just mind blowing to me.

The visuals and music are great. I like Kirby as a character but I haven’t played the previous games so I guess that’s an issue. I’ll keep going with it until the end for the simple fact I paid £50 for it digitally 😝
Kirby games always have easy campaigns and difficult postgame content. If you really want a challenge, you'll find it there. It does get a little more involved and difficult towards the end (the final boss made me pull my hair out a little bit), but nothing especially drastic.

The running theme through most Kirby games though is the levels are generally designed to be straightforward whereas the boss battles are more complex and demanding.

Okay, doing the post game world. It’s optional, which is great, but this is my only complaint about it. Wish it was an original new world. I beat the first level and missed one single soul, and now I’ll have to go through it again.

My only quibble with the game.

Okay, doing the post game world. It’s optional, which is great, but this is my only complaint about it. Wish it was an original new world. I beat the first level and missed one single soul, and now I’ll have to go through it again.

You don't have to get all of them. If you get like 80% of them you'll have enough to meet the requirements to unlock the final post-game level/boss. As far as I know those souls aren't tied to the 100% requirements either.

You don't have to get all of them. If you get like 80% of them you'll have enough to meet the requirements to unlock the final post-game level/boss. As far as I know those souls aren't tied to the 100% requirements either.
Oh thank friggin’ god. When I saw I got 49/50 you should have seen the side eye I gave my Switch lol

Oh thank friggin’ god. When I saw I got 49/50 you should have seen the side eye I gave my Switch lol

I feel ya. On that first level one soul fell off of a roof, so I was unable to grab it. But then I saw how the soul meter looked after exiting the level and deduced that the game was probably not going to require me to get all of them in every level.

Yeah this is my only significant issue with the game as well, that recycling/remixing old levels for the post-game world instead of having all new ones was a letdown.

Still, this one shortcoming is greatly outweighed by almost everything else about the game being brilliant, so I'm not too fussed.
Fingers crossed for some actual all new levels via DLC!

they actually are tied to 100% completion (both directly and because there's a capsule reward for getting them all)

Kirby games always have easy campaigns and difficult postgame content. If you really want a challenge, you'll find it there. It does get a little more involved and difficult towards the end (the final boss made me pull my hair out a little bit), but nothing especially drastic.

The running theme through most Kirby games though is the levels are generally designed to be straightforward whereas the boss battles are more complex and demanding.
Ah I get you. I enjoyed it more last night as it was a bit more challenging.

Just beat
Fecto Elfilis
What a cool boss,
starting from Forgo DeDeDe to the truck section

The best part is discovering there's another post-game world.

This is my first Kirby game since the NES.
I tried Planet Robobot but found if too easy and boring.
But this one has so much charm and top-notch level design. Easily one of the better games I've played this year so far.

Taking my time with this game (as well as juggling other 2-3 games lol) It has been an amazing experience so far.
The soundtrack a big win as usual.

The Kirby bag is available in NA now. 600 platinum points + shipping fee.

If only I had enough Platinum Points to spare… Alas, I must save them all for icon elements since Nintendo doesn’t provide enough ways to earn Platinum Points.

Back
Top Bottom