• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

i'm just gonna go ahead and do myself the favor of ignoring this thread for a bit

Found this neat timeline for anyone wondering how long it's really been between official updates. You have to scroll A LOT but it puts into perspective just how little the team has communicated. Hopefully this clears up some confusion as some members have asked how long it's been since official communication (just look for the green markers).

I've been waiting for so long with zero communication or whatever that I flat out don't give a crap anymore. The game went from "instant purchase the moment it goes live" to "eh whatever I'll get it when I feel like it" which might be several months after launch at this point. In fact team cherry could come out today and announce a 2026 release for this game and my reaction would just be "cool goes back to what I was doing"

Never again.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for so long with zero communication or whatever that I flat out don't give a crap anymore. The game went from "instant purchase the moment it goes live" to "eh whatever I'll get it when I feel like it" which might be several months after launch at this point. In fact team cherry could come out today and announce a 2026 release for this game and my reaction would just be "cool goes back to what I was doing"

Never again.

If not having your ego pandered to because you've developed a very unhealthy obsession in the form of a parasocial relationship is the defining point as to whether you buy a game or not, I'm sure they'll manage.

You say this all like saying "cool and going back to what you're doing" isn't the entirely expected normal reaction from the vast majority who haven't made a videogame that they haven't even played yet is anything but the reaction a normal person would have.

I just think it's kinda weird being this opposed to just a simple yearly blog post update, some people will keep acting insufferable but overall it'd be a net improvement into managing expectations.

I personally don't care (believe it or not) as I have plenty of other things to play (like Nine Sols) but seeing some of the responses is baffling as it goes way overboard at defending Team Cherry while being condenscending to other users which just escalates hostilities for no reasons.

Never again.
I see. But why are you posting here if you don’t care…

As much as I don't think it's good communication (neither from a fan goodwill perspective nor a pr perspective), we all know:
The moment it releases people will buy it even if they where "over it".

What they are loosing is only goodwill if the games not living up since the secrecy soured part of their fanbase I guess. 🤔

If not having your ego pandered to because you've developed a very unhealthy obsession in the form of a parasocial relationship is the defining point as to whether you buy a game or not, I'm sure they'll manage.

You say this all like saying "cool and going back to what you're doing" isn't the entirely expected normal reaction from the vast majority who haven't made a videogame that they haven't even played yet is anything but the reaction a normal person would have.

Lol

I see. But why are you posting here if you don’t care…
Because I finally decided to say something about the Silksong situation? Because I'm a big Hollow Knight fan and was excited for Silksong? It's not like I walked into a Metroid Prime 4 thread to say "I don't give a shit about the Metroid series"

I'm still going to play Silksong at some point. I'm just saying I'm no longer part of the hype train. Game could get a release date of 2030 and I'd feel nothing

I just think it's kinda weird being this opposed to just a simple yearly blog post update, some people will keep acting insufferable but overall it'd be a net improvement into managing expectations.
I mean they DID use to do this and many people WERE insufferable about it. Most people didn't respond gratefully for the small updates. They were entitled jerks about it. Lots of "that's it? why even bother" energy

team cherry logging into kickstarter to comment on other games, lol

this-confirms-that-team-cherry-doesnt-care-about-us-v0-9po31qi3wi6d1.jpeg

Never again.
You're feeling some sort of way because you no longer desire a game due to... waiting. Lol truly a gamer moment. Stop kidding yourself; you'll go back to desiring again once they drop a new trailer.

team cherry logging into kickstarter to comment on other games, lol

this-confirms-that-team-cherry-doesnt-care-about-us-v0-9po31qi3wi6d1.jpeg
The first official communication from TC in 5 years, and it's a supportive comment on a friend's Kickstarter lmao. This is the funniest outcome of TC logging into their Kickstarter.

The first official communication from TC in 5 years, and it's a supportive comment on a friend's Kickstarter lmao. This is the funniest outcome of TC logging into their Kickstarter.
This is the best outcome given the weird stalker behavior of monitoring when someone logs into their Kickstarter account.

I'm not gonna go into doom and gloom mode if it's not shown, but I'll have no clue anymore as to when and how it'll show up again.

Thank goodness for Prime 4 because I was about to crawl into a hole and die

There comes a point where people stop getting excited and start getting frustrated. Even if a trailer dropped today, I don’t think people would be as excited about it as they would have been six months ago.

The complete lack of communication is getting to the point of feeling disrespectful.

I've said it and maintained that I think it'll be at the Switch 2 launch event/Direct and I'm sticking to it....

Like I said in the other thread, at this point my expectation is that Team Cherry will suddenly drop a trailer on us eventually, because it's crazy they had three opportunities to show the game to a huge audience in June and just didn't take any of them.

maybe team cherry is gonna release a trailer the day after the direct, like they did with the silksong announcement tailer /cope

I'm just saying if I were Team Cherry I'm updating on progress as little as possible. Show off some new footage and in a week the fanbase will still go feral over the "lack of communication."

It'll be done when it's done.

As a Game of Thrones book reader and Silent Hill fan, all I can do is laugh at the knots some people are seemingly tying themselves into over Silksong's gestation. :LOL:

Last edited:
I was fucking around and sketched some horrible "ten-second-hornets" for the hk discord. I think they wish I hadn't. you know what that means.

3jAUub3.jpeg

PsAdVNZ.jpeg

XLVNGpL.jpeg

BsMT64b.jpeg

qTT2uGX.jpeg

they're your problem now

doesn't the the fact that official merch is coming out mean that the game was supposed to be out by now? usually merch plans are made long in advance, and can't be changed because of game delays. we saw how halo infinite merch and collabs were happening long before release and the game got delayed by a whole year.

usually merch plans are made long in advance, and can't be changed because of game delays.
If anime figures are any indication, it usually takes about a year once the initial deal is made for them to start shipping stuff and also another year to design the figure in the first place.

Of course, that's made-to-order but I imagine a similar amount of time and effort is spend for stuff that Fangamer (in this case) has to keep directly in stock, meaning this deal was probably done around two years in advance, which roughly lines up with the Xbox showcase.

Was checking the treehouse demo and... this was 5 years ago?? what the hell happened..
wild...
just for my curiosity i hope after the game is out team cherry does an interview with edge or another publication and shares what led to the lengthy development time

wild...
just for my curiosity i hope after the game is out team cherry does an interview with edge or another publication and shares what led to the lengthy development time
I like to imagine that all the console SKU is taking a lot of time in development.

Since I think they’re developing for PS5, PS4, Xbox series S/X, Xbox One, Switch, Switch 2 and PC

Like, I’m guessing at the beginning they were only developing for the Switch and PC, until they got deals from other publishers, for example Xbox.

Back
Top Bottom