• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Fire Emblem Engage — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so no GUST involvment in the development? That's weird, looking at the game aesthetics (it really looks like an Atelier game)
The art direction really fooled people, but nope. Gust was not involved.

This calls into question the rest of the rumor (that KT/Gust was working on a new FE and IS was working on an FE4 remake at the same time).

This calls into question the rest of the rumor (that KT/Gust was working on a new FE and IS was working on an FE4 remake at the same time).
yeah, I'm a lot less confident about a possible fe4 remake after engage.

Regardless of the veracity of the original FE4 remake rumors, I don't think it's too far-fetched to expect one at some point anyway; there are interviews with SoV staff that suggest that they want to continue making more remakes, and FE4 is the next logical choice. Maybe it'll be the next game, maybe IS is now working on another original FE for Switch 2 and we'll have to wait a lot longer, who knows. But I think an FE4 remake at some point is still pretty likely.

Regardless of the veracity of the original FE4 remake rumors, I don't think it's too far-fetched to expect one at some point anyway; there are interviews with SoV staff that suggest that they want to continue making more remakes, and FE4 is the next logical choice. Maybe it'll be the next game, maybe IS is now working on another original FE for Switch 2 and we'll have to wait a lot longer, who knows. But I think an FE4 remake at some point is still pretty likely.
it's likely, but the original rumour talked about an fe4 remake in the works for next year, and while it still may happen I'm a lot less confident in it.

Could be flipped, Engage is internal IS but the FE4 remake is by Kou Shibisawa with IS oversight

Since Engage has old maps to go with the Emblems, couldn't it also be possible someone saw Sigurd's out of context and assumed it was for a Geneology remake?

Since Engage has old maps to go with the Emblems, couldn't it also be possible someone saw Sigurd's out of context and assumed it was for a Geneology remake?
I considered that, too. People could have confused materials for Engage as part of a Genealogy remake.

That came to mind. Cause one would think a previous entry is better suited internal but they are large enough to have 2 teams (plus outside help). A future Gust involved game I hope can still happen.

Didn't Nate say FE4 Remake is in development? Unless he also misunderstood/confused Sigurd in Engage as a remake?
Emily said there were multiple FE projects in development and basically nailed FE Engage as one of them. Nate mentioned a Genealogy remake at least once, but iirc he was just commenting on an already existing rumour and said that it wasn't the next FE (that ended up being Engage)

Nate gets things wrong all the time, but he also wasn’t the original leaker regarding these FE rumors.
for engage, i'm pretty sure he was the first to talk about it involving characters from previous entries and referenced alear having red and blue hair, that was before the screenshot leak so idk his info for engage was at least somewhat solid at least i guess

though, what i'm confused about is that nate said the game was developed by the same team that developed FE3H, whereas emily said the game was being co-developed by gust ..yet, it seems as though KT wasn't involved with engage's development at all?

So, you can play with permadeath on but the option to rewind any turn? Seems like that might make permadeath a bit more appealing to a baby like me.

I hope my order will ship soon too🤞🏻
I have already scheduled Friday off from studying but since I will likely finish today and not tomorrow, I hope it will arrive tomorrow 🤞🏻

Just got the mail with the tracking info from nintendo

Still nothing. :[

Though i have to say if they're actually just shipping the games now, it's very shitty to mark them as shipped for two days already. I guess just so people can't cancel shortly before shipping. Vile.

Even more shitty since i they charged my card last friday. (Detailed online checkup portal for the CC for the win)

Though i have to say if they're actually just shipping the games now, it's very shitty to mark them as shipped for two days already. I guess just so people can't cancel shortly before shipping. Vile.

Even more shitty since i they charged my card last friday. (Detailed online checkup portal for the CC for the win)

The most likely explanation is that they handed them to the shipping company but with an order to not proceed on actual shipping of any of them until now because they're supposed to arrive tomorrow and not earlier.

There would be little point in not letting you cancel before shipping since EU law means you can return it within 14 days regardless, and that'll be more expensive for them (even if the buyer has to pay return postage, there's costs to restocking)

My credit card got charged on monday and I ordered the game and a pikachu amiibo on 5th January. Funny thing is, even if the Pikachu Amiibo was in stock, I just got the shipping mail yesterday and it is send separately from fire emblem.

So there is like a million classes for each character right? I get overwhelmed too easily when there are a lot of options, but then I hope I will be able to use only the party members I like.

So there is like a million classes for each character right? I get overwhelmed too easily when there are a lot of options, but then I hope I will be able to use only the part member I like.
Unlike Three Houses, class promotion is more restricted as in earlier games. You can still reclass units into entirely different class trees if you want, though.

I just found out my work is giving my team Friday off because we’ve been swamped with work the past two weeks and I’m so excited! Couldn’t have asked for better timing on that haha

It's fascinating to read how deeply involved Pikazo was in the character design aspect. A lot of people assume that IS makes hyperspecific demands to the artists they bring in, but she basically defined the game's entire aesthetic herself.
Yeah. Its interesting how they mentioned that Mika's experience with the series is what inspired their designs. So it seems they gave Pikazo a decent amount of liberty and everyone on the team seems to also be a fan lol.

Yeah. Its interesting how they mentioned that Mika's experience with the series is what inspired their designs. So it seems they gave Pikazo a decent amount of liberty and everyone on the team seems to also be a fan lol.
I like how she went ahead and made the twins red and green to keep that tradition alive. She really is a long-time fan.

DeepL translation:

I'm glad to hear you talk about the FE Engage development interview that came out on Nintendo, and your own design and character creation secrets...!
I had a lot of fun thinking about what kind of design I was going to make when I was creating it, and I did a lot of work on it! I'm going to talk about it around noon today before the release of the game.
Seems happy about the engagement of the Ask the Developer. And Mika is doing something similar before the launch of the game.

I'm a fool so I took vacation time for Friday. I cannot wait.

How's the icon?
you can say its... engaging

NV8W2ob.jpg

Has anyone's Amazon order shipped? Mine still says it's coming next Tuesday. Really hoping it changes and comes on Friday.
It’s not just Engage. I have a couple other games preordered (Ishin and Octopath) and both are currently scheduled to arrive a few days after launch as well. Hope it’s just a glitch and not Amazon being cheap.

Hey guys, Engage will probably be my first Fire Emblem. What actually got me into it was heroes. I was surprised to find that I actually enjoyed the app given that the genre is something I’m typically not big on.

My question is should I start with Engage or should I start with Three Houses? The thing is Three Houses looks a little overwhelming with content and I just want to get into the battles, Is Engage the same? which should I start with? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, Engage will probably be my first Fire Emblem. What actually got me into it was heroes. I was surprised to find that I actually enjoyed the app given that the genre is something I’m typically not big on.

My question is should I start with Engage or should I start with Three Houses? The thing is Three Houses looks a little overwhelming with content and I just want to get into the battles, Is Engage the same? which should I start with? Thanks in advance!
Both Engage and Three Houses should be good starting point, but Engage, with its simpler story and the fact that some of its mechanics have more direct parallels to Heroes, might be your better starting point.

Fire Emblem (or at least the modern games) typically starts off light. They ease into the mechanics and depth and don't expect you to be master tactician from the get-go. I'd recommend starting off on Normal difficulty with Casual Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom