• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Fire Emblem Engage — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the final boss is Alear and the old Fire emblem lords themselves

That would funny for a anniversary celebration title finale
I'm really hoping that that's the endgame chapter, fighting the final boss and all 12 fire emblem lords deadlords style, it even matches with the 12 deadlords of fe4 and the 12 lords in the games, it has to be the final chapter or at least one of the last chapters

Sorry if this has been asked already, but has there been any word on dungeons being in this game (similar to the ones seen in Echeos)?

I know you can explore the battlefield after a won battle, but I wonder if there are explorable dungeons too. 🙂

They never showed anything like explorable dungeons in the trailers as far as I know so I would guess no. Would be a strange thing to keep secret I think.

Heads up: Anyone with a preorder of the Divine Edition on the My Nintendo Store should check their order in the shop.

Mine now says "Waiting for Dispatch".

Did we ever learn if Gust was actually assisting on this one? I guess we might have to wait for game credits?

Did we ever learn if Gust was actually assisting on this one? I guess we might have to wait for game credits?
No mention in the copyrights, unlike to Three Houses, and no information from Gust themselves. Maybe they provided some help on the game graphics but it was very minimal? As you say, we will have to wait for the game credits to find out.

It's probably already been mentioned but I'm super happy at confirmed dual language support at launch. The English dub sounds like a bit of step-down from TH and the Japanese version has some of my favourite VAs in it, so I will definitely be using that for a second playthrough.

It's probably already been mentioned but I'm super happy at confirmed dual language support at launch. The English dub sounds like a bit of step-down from TH and the Japanese version has some of my favourite VAs in it, so I will definitely be using that for a second playthrough.
I didn't saw the news until now. I'm really happy cause I really can't stand anime optics with english voices. I also don't wanna watch any of the commercials that were made for the west, because every other language than japanese has the english voices as default.

Cool, original audio for me then!

I've been seeing a lot of ads for the game on the train recently. Just another week now!

Can't remember if this has been confirmed or not, but is there any amiibo support?

I was so not excited for this and as the day approaches I'm getting excited and don't know why haha.
Same here. Probably because I just finished the Pokedex in Scarlet/Violet and now I'm ready for something new. The same thing happened to me with Three Houses - that ended up being my second favorite Switch game after BOTW.

No mention in the copyrights, unlike to Three Houses, and no information from Gust themselves. Maybe they provided some help on the game graphics but it was very minimal? As you say, we will have to wait for the game credits to find out.
Thank you. We will wait.

I've been seeing a lot of ads for the game on the train recently. Just another week now!

Can't remember if this has been confirmed or not, but is there any amiibo support?
The official Twitter posted this:

(Sorry for the double post, I'm not sure how to edit my post and add a quote to it)

Oh, that's right! You can get outfits. That's gonna be fun! Maybe I'll use Lucina's?
Hope we get more info on the amiibo support soon. I own all FE amiibo barring Byleth because Nintendo chose to release the wrong Byleth.

Hope we get more info on the amiibo support soon. I own all FE amiibo barring Byleth because Nintendo chose to release the wrong Byleth.

This is literally the reason why I didn't get the Byleth amiibo!

I wonder how MAlear look in Ike's Vanguard outfit, he doesn't appear to be as buff as Ike was at that time.

yeah, the english dub seems like a step back from threehouses and echoes which is a huge shame, I'll probably play with japanes dub at least for the first run.

English dub sounds good from all the clips we've seen. I swear some people just hear English words and their brain is wired to go "eww English bad".

The FE saga is insanely growing in me that I bought Awakening, Fates and Echoes for 3DS.

Hahahaha, i really love how IS and Nintendo turned the tides around with FE after things looking grim during DS times.

IP is prolly in it's best time ever with increasing sales of the main games with each new entry, the really long running gacha game and the spin-offs.

I was just thinking, and didn't Emily say that Nintendo/IS had been sitting on the game and IS used that time to go nuts with developing DLC? Because looking at the expansion pass, it doesn't look that unusual next to the Three Houses DLC pass.

Btw. Heroes is having a new hero banner starting next week, i wonder if this is going to be the Engage one.

Btw. Heroes is having a new hero banner starting next week, i wonder if this is going to be the Engage one.
If I recall right, Three Houses characters didn't start rolling into FEH until like a month or so after it's launch? But the timing seems right.

I'm surprised they haven't announced a bonus Alear unit in FEH like Byleth got for people that bought TH.

I was just thinking, and didn't Emily say that Nintendo/IS had been sitting on the game and IS used that time to go nuts with developing DLC? Because looking at the expansion pass, it doesn't look that unusual next to the Three Houses DLC pass.
they never used the word go nuts with developing DLC, they just said that the game was already content complete and they were working on DLC content before the announcement.

If I recall right, Three Houses characters didn't start rolling into FEH until like a month or so after it's launch? But the timing seems right.

I'm surprised they haven't announced a bonus Alear unit in FEH like Byleth got for people that bought TH.

If next weeks new heroes banner isn't Engage, we're gonna have to wait until mid february, because on the schedule they have on the official Twitter account you can see that early february is the next special heroes (themed) banner.

About announcement of a bonus thing ... there's always time for a surprise Feh Channel during the weekend or on monday.

Actually, the first 3H banner came out before the game released: https://feheroes.fandom.com/wiki/New_Heroes:_Three_Houses

And then the second banner was just a couple weeks later in August: https://feheroes.fandom.com/wiki/New_Heroes:_Changing_Winds

So I could definitely see next week's banner being an Engage banner. If we get male Alear as a free unit like we did last time with Byleth, than I could see it being female Alear, Vander, Clanne, and Framme followed by a February banner with Alfred, Diamant, Ivy, and Timerra.

Actually, the first 3H banner came out before the game released: https://feheroes.fandom.com/wiki/New_Heroes:_Three_Houses

And then the second banner was just a couple weeks later in August: https://feheroes.fandom.com/wiki/New_Heroes:_Changing_Winds

So I could definitely see next week's banner being an Engage banner. If we get male Alear as a free unit like we did last time with Byleth, than I could see it being female Alear, Vander, Clanne, and Framme followed by a February banner with Alfred, Diamant, Ivy, and Timerra.
I stand corrected!

Man, 2019 feels like loooooong time ago.

Almost here.
7days-scary-movie.gif

(Humorously. I think the scene here also mentioned that MLK day was coming up.)

There should definitely not be spoilers in here before the game is even out lol

Assume if a game has a physical release and is a week away from launch, that there are copies in the wild. When I did receiving at Wal-Mart I'd have to check in tons of boxes that said "do not stock on shelf until xx/yy" up to 2 weeks before launch.

FmcRslKaAAEBnmG

Wow! The game uses Unity!? Wasn't expecting that!

This makes it the first ever internally developed Nintendo game to use an externally developed game engine! (Yoshi's Crafted World was made by Good Feel, so it's not an internally developed title).

FmcRslKaAAEBnmG

This makes it the first ever internally developed Nintendo game to use an externally developed game engine! (Yoshi's Crafted World was made by Good Feel, so it's not an internally developed title).

Intelligent Systems isn't owned by Nintendo, so no.

Jump Rope Challenge used Unity, though!

Intelligent Systems isn't owned by Nintendo, so no.

Jump Rope Challenge used Unity, though!

Not technically, but yeah... Intelligent Systems is basically a branch of Nintendo. They make Nintendo's development hardware and they even operate out of Nintendo's HQ building. I'm comfortable considering IS an internal Nintendo studio. Plus Fire Emblem is a joint EPD/SPD and Intelligent Systems produced series anyway.

Forgot about Jump Rope Challenge though, that's a fair shout.

Still, it's a very surprising engine choice, considering that IS already have a rather accomplished HD engine for both Wii U & Switch (As seen in their Paper Mario titles). Wonder why they've suddenly decided to switch engines? Maybe this actually helps to explain Intelligent System's continued absence on Switch over the past 5 years? Fire Emblem Heroes runs on Unity, so maybe they've been spending the last few years internally switching over from their own internal tech to Unity? (And Nintendoware Bezel Engine for WW: GIT). Would help explain why IS have produced so few Switch titles over its lifecycle...

Mario Run and Mario Kart Tour are both made in Unity. and Fire Emblem isn't internal

Intelligent Systems is basically a branch of Nintendo
they aren't, IS is third party

This confirms that they didn't use Gust's engine, which means Gust may not have been involved in this game after all.
Maybe the sources crossed and Genealogy of the Holy War remake is the Fire Emblem where Gust is helping ?

Not technically, but yeah... Intelligent Systems is basically a branch of Nintendo. They make Nintendo's development hardware and they even operate out of Nintendo's HQ building. I'm comfortable considering IS an internal Nintendo studio. Plus Fire Emblem is a joint EPD/SPD and Intelligent Systems produced series anyway.

Forgot about Jump Rope Challenge though, that's a fair shout.

Still, it's a very surprising engine choice, considering that IS already have a rather accomplished HD engine for both Wii U & Switch (As seen in their Paper Mario titles). Wonder why they've suddenly decided to switch engines? Maybe this actually helps to explain Intelligent System's continued absence on Switch over the past 5 years? Fire Emblem Heroes runs on Unity, so maybe they've been spending the last few years internally switching over from their own internal tech to Unity? (And Nintendoware Bezel Engine for WW: GIT). Would help explain why IS have produced so few Switch titles over its lifecycle...
The engine used for Paper Mario isn't necessarily a good fit for Fire Emblem.

FmcRslKaAAEBnmG

Where is this image from? The game's manual or something?

This confirms that they didn't use Gust's engine, which means Gust may not have been involved in this game after all.
Maybe the sources crossed and Genealogy of the Holy War remake is the Fire Emblem where Gust is helping ?
it doesn't discount Gust's involvement

Where is this image from? The game's manual or something?

Yes. It's from the Intellectual Property Notices section when you select the game in the Switch menu (Press + and you'll see it). It often has some pretty nifty info about what tech particular Switch games use :D

it doesn't discount Gust's involvement

The lack of a copyright notice from Koei-Tecmo in both the IPN section and the title screen does discount the publisher's involvement though (Which inherently discounts Gust). There's no reason to believe that this is anything but a full Intelligent Systems production (likely with outsourced art assets & FMV cutscenes, just like with all of the 3DS FE titles and the HD Paper Marios). Which makes this only their second fully internally produced Switch title after The Origami King (And also half of Wario Ware Get it Together, produced alongside the SPD section of Nintendo EPD)

Doesn't Kirby and the Forgotten Land use Unity for the cutscenes or something? So its not the first time a nintendo game has used that engine for at least something.

I could see a scenario where Intelligent Systems and Koei Tecno both work on Fire Emblem and the series rotates between them. KT could be in early stages of the next game right now. Would be a game for the next system obviously but with how big the series has gotten (and with how long it takes to make big rpgs) splitting the task may be the way to go to keep these games coming out regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom