• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Batman Arkham Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch on December 1st (out now!)

When they were due in November they were listed separately on the eshop with their own singular price. They’re listed again on their own now but with no price or purchase option. Will be interesting to see what happens on the 1st.
Apparently all three first parties have a rule about disallowing pre orders once a release date is changed

I didn't know Reggie had an account here
Bit off topic but I felt so bad for Reggie having to try and prop up that crazy-bad WiiU launch window. No-one could've salvaged it.
Yeah I was one of the few that bought Armoured Edition. I enjoyed it anyway. 😋

I know they keep reiterating that it has ALL the DLC, but I'm curious if that includes the PS4-exclusive Scarecrow Nightmare Missions for Arkham Knight.

I enjoyed Aslyum but was bored by City and never played the rest. Might get this on sale someday, especially since the earlier games are seemingly not supported on Steam Deck.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Aslyum but was bored by City and never played the rest. Might get this on sale someday, especially sun d the earlier games are seemingly not supported on Steam Deck.
fwiw, I think that "not supported by steam deck" thing for the Batman games might be erroneous, or maybe just over-protective.

At least, I can say it definitely is for Arkham Origins. I just finished a playthrough on Steam Deck that only had two real issues through the whole run; the sound cut out and there were some graphical glitches during an early boss fight (fixed by opening the Steam button menu), and I had one crash when I opened the map and pressed the "back out of the map" button at the exact same time (not sure if that's steam deck specific or a general thing).

Confirmed? Also not related to this, but do you know if Dragon Quest Monsters will have reviews before release? Famitsu not counted.

going by my knowledge (that is limited by: my country [Italy] and my website[small]) I'd say that no Batman codes are almost guaranteed, while Dragon Quest should come (even if me, I will receive its code on day one), even if MAYBE on launch day

too bad no review for these before release..
As far as I know, there are people in the press and youtubers who have already had access to the game for a couple of weeks (Thanks to that, we know City includes all the exclusive content of WiiU version)

In addition, they brought demos to certain Batman Events

As far as I know, there are people in the press and youtubers who have already had access to the game for a couple of weeks (Thanks to that, we know City includes all the exclusive content of WiiU version)

In addition, they brought demos to certain Batman Events

better!
as far asa I know, no review code has been/will be distributed in Italy.
As I was saying, my knowledge is limited to "my country" and by the (small) nature of my site (but I've been informed that no code is available here, not that my site isn't getting one/they are finished)

better!
As I was saying, my knowledge is limited to "my country" and by the (small) nature of my site (but I've been informed that no code is available here, not that my site isn't getting one/they are finished)

I think they're prioritizing youtubers and certain regions and events.

How was knight as a game?

The story is one of the worst in gaming, but it has three good story sequences so it has a better story than City.

Rocksteady had no idea where to go with the combat so they just made it more annoying in each game. They added a bunch of tank combat that was… OK. And tank stealth and racing that was less great.

going by my knowledge (that is limited by: my country [Italy] and my website[small]) I'd say that no Batman codes are almost guaranteed, while Dragon Quest should come (even if me, I will receive its code on day one), even if MAYBE on launch day

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.

Very good. YMMV what people will tell you about the Batmobile parts, but damn if that thing isn’t so fun to drive.

The story is one of the worst in gaming, but it has three good story sequences so it has a better story than City.

Rocksteady had no idea where to go with the combat so they just made it more annoying in each game. They added a bunch of tank combat that was… OK. And tank stealth and racing that was less great.
Thank you both.

strange that we can’t download or preorder these games considering they’re out in two days
Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft have rules that disallow pre orders for third party software that changes its release date

This might sound wild now, but it’s actually on my top 3 games of all time with Elden Ring and BOTW or Mario Galaxy. There’s a lot you need to like but if you dig the atmosphere, the extremely detailed world, the story sequences with pretty surprising plot twists and mind games, the momentum it gives you with traversal… it’s a very underrated game that nobody really liked in 2015.

Also, it’s still one of the best looking games out there. And it has no load times, also cutscenes blend in seamlessly with the gameplay which is something I’ve rarely seen since.

better!
I know for Germany they are distributing review codes but only a very small amount to bigger publications.

This might sound wild now, but it’s actually on my top 3 games of all time with Elden Ring and BOTW or Mario Galaxy. There’s a lot you need to like but if you dig the atmosphere, the extremely detailed world, the story sequences with pretty surprising plot twists and mind games, the momentum it gives you with traversal… it’s a very underrated game that nobody really liked in 2015.

Also, it’s still one of the best looking games out there. And it has no load times, also cutscenes blend in seamlessly with the gameplay which is something I’ve rarely seen since.
Thanks for that.

Photos from an eBay listing:

s-l960nkeyp.jpg

s-l9601aeea6.jpg

Last edited:
It's probably the worst game of this Trilogy but in some ways the best. The graphics and atmosphere are absolutely amazing to this day (though that will probably be dialed back a bit here)... it loses a few points for how much the Bat Mobile is in it (looking at the ho-hum vehicular combat sections that drag on at times), but it's also awesome to drive around. It may be the most complete Batman experience of the three and definitely the most modern, but falls slightly behind the others due to the pacing for aforementioned reasons... but we're spitting hairs here as all the games are incredible and should be experienced.

Last edited:
It's probably the worst game of this Trilogy but in some ways the best. The graphics and atmosphere are absolutely amazing to this day (though that will probably be dialed back a bit here)... it loses a few points for how much the Bat Mobile is in it (looking at the ho-hum vehicular combat sections that drag on at times), but it's also awesome to drive around. It may be the most complete Batman experience of the three and definitely the most modern, but falls slightly behind the others due to the pacing for aforementioned reasons... but we're spitting hairs here as all the games are incredible and should be experienced.

Yep, most of the criticism is grounded, but I still enjoyed Arkham Knight a lot. The random Joker interactions were great, and the gameplay was nearly perfectly refined from previous games. The Batmobile stuff was tacked on and isn't great, but it didn't ruin the game for me. I'm buying it for Asylum and City, as long as the ports of those two games are good, I'll be a happy camper. Arkham Knight would just be the cherry on top. If it's a bit to compromised to be enjoyed throughly, I can live with Asylum and City, those are the meat and potatoes of this package for me.

Even though, from what we're seeing, what is there seems to be excellent, I am once again lamenting the lack of Arkham Origins in this collection, especially considering the December release date. It's just a neat Christmas game.

They seem to have cut from texture resolution to keep the size down. But they really should have the option to download better textures for people without the card size problem. Switch can handle it.

Yeah, i wouldn't mind the option to increase textures, perhaps a Switch 2 patch will come which will offer this?

Knight looks like it has a bit stutter going on? Wonder if a patch is imminent to address that (Or it's down to the way the footage is captured?)

Knight as a game is pretty damn good. Story is meh and the batmobile being shoehorned in everywhere is a bit annoying, especially with 1 particular boss fights, but it evolves the gameplay of the series to the next level regardless. It's the best in the series in some ways, and the worst in others. Don't skip it because the reception online isn't stellar, it's still an awesome game and a good ending to the trilogy.

Knight as a game is pretty damn good. Story is meh and the batmobile being shoehorned in everywhere is a bit annoying, especially with 1 particular boss fights, but it evolves the gameplay of the series to the next level regardless. It's the best in the series in some ways, and the worst in others. Don't skip it because the reception online isn't stellar, it's still an awesome game and a good ending to the trilogy.
Rocksteady has wanted to do the batmobile since the planning of Arkham City.

Rocksteady has wanted to do the batmobile since the planning of Arkham City.
Makes sense. What’s an open world Batman game without a Batmobile? I suppose they did make it work twice with City and Origins but Batman’s gotta have his Batmobile (or some kind of vehicle)

Looks like Arkham Knight struggles pretty badly. This is really is another impossible port and overall its "playable", but with Arkham Asylum and City being what appear to be definitive versions, Arkham Knights low resolution and unstable framerate are going to stand out. If I can buy these games seprately for $20, I will just buy Asylum and City.

Looks like Arkham Knight struggles pretty badly. This is really is another impossible port and overall its "playable", but with Arkham Asylum and City being what appear to be definitive versions, Arkham Knights low resolution and unstable framerate are going to stand out. If I can buy these games seprately for $20, I will just buy Asylum and City.

Unfortunate but I kind of expected it. Knight put the PS4 and Xbone to the test when it came out and it's still holds up visually despite the growing pains of realistic graphics around that time. Maybe there's a day 1 patch? Hopefully they keep working on it regardless.

As i know Cycu1 is not a reliable source

Yeah I'm just grateful they tried and did as good as they seemingly could. NO ONE should've expected perfection, even the best programmers on Earth can only do so much. But it to me stands proudly with the other impossible ports, and who knows, maybe a very nice patch will come a month later ala Borderlands 3!

Still, nothing short of impressive. It's not locked 30fps all through the gameplay (very similar to The Witcher 3) but it's Arkham Knight with all its glory on Switch!

They might lock it to 30fps in the future with further optimizations but I don't think it'll happen too soon.

See what baffles me is that apparently Gotham Knights is next... a WB Montreal game. I know it's super recent, but WHY that and not the far better regarded Arkham Origins?

Yeah I'm just grateful they tried and did as good as they seemingly could. NO ONE should've expected perfection, even the best programmers on Earth can only do so much. But it to me stands proudly with the other impossible ports, and who knows, maybe a very nice patch will come a month later ala Borderlands 3!
That got patched? that's cool!

It's the better game and it has batmobile. Ignore the "bubble" reaction to the performance, the mainstream will eat this up.
I saw gameplays and under my opinion, certain people and social networks accounts are overreacting on every recent switch port if they found a moment with a fps drop (And if not, they make up any other complaints like "FIFA on frostbyte should go to 60fps not 30") this last year.

Back
Top Bottom