• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Batman Arkham Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch on December 1st (out now!)

Knight could very well be another “impossible” port situation where it punches above its weight despite the cutbacks. But when Switch has had a multitude of impossible ports, it’s begins to lose its luster over time.

No question, the sacrifices made for impossible ports have become less and less palatable with each passing year. It also stands out less and less as more and more titles made the transition to Switch. Still, I can't help but be very excited for this collection on my Switch.

In anticipation of the Trilogy, I have been looking at the body of work Turn Me Up games has accomplished on Switch, and it's impressive. The Borderlands collection runs at 1080p and a very consistent 30fps framerate and includes many of the enhancements from the Handsome Collection on Ps4/X1. They also ported Tony Hawk Pro Skater to Switch at 1080p rock solid 30fps.

The Borderland games and the Arkham games were all originally developed on Unreal Engine 3, an engine that doesn't natively support Switch, but thanks to their excellent work on the Borderlands games that also use UE3, I am very optimistic the results with the Arkham Trilogy will be more of the same.

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City will likely run at 1080p with a rock solid 30fps framerate and most likely use the high res textures from the PC builds of these games. Basically definitive versions of both games. Arkham Knight is more of a wild card. It renders slightly below native 1080p on Xbox One, 1600x1080 to be precise, and does drop frames during Batmobile sections. How Turn Me Up Games handles this conversion will be the most interesting. I'm guessing it will be a 720p docked experience and 540p portable, likely exhibiting similar framerate drops during Batmobile segments.

Overall, I think this will be considered one of the best collections ported to Switch, and Arkham Knight will be one of, if not the final impossible port to Swich.
Turn me up has made native switch versions of past iterations of UE and specialize on UE in general, is part of the reason of their good ports

I'm sad that Digital Foundry never looked at Borderlands 3 on Switch. That was another impossible port.

Also let's not forget about Fractured Byte. They actually assisted Turn Me Up on most of their Switch ports and seemingly took charge of Borderlands 3 on their own. Most impressive of all; they're in the Ukraine IIRC. Considering what's going on over there, that they can keep their heads held high and deliver such quality work is honestly the stuff of legend and deserves far more recognition than we've witnessed. I feel really bad for them. :(

In anticipation of the Trilogy, I have been looking at the body of work Turn Me Up games has accomplished on Switch, and it's impressive. The Borderlands collection runs at 1080p and a very consistent 30fps framerate and includes many of the enhancements from the Handsome Collection on Ps4/X1. They also ported Tony Hawk Pro Skater to Switch at 1080p rock solid 30fps.

The Borderland games and the Arkham games were all originally developed on Unreal Engine 3, an engine that doesn't natively support Switch, but thanks to their excellent work on the Borderlands games that also use UE3, I am very optimistic the results with the Arkham Trilogy will be more of the same.

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City will likely run at 1080p with a rock solid 30fps framerate and most likely use the high res textures from the PC builds of these games. Basically definitive versions of both games. Arkham Knight is more of a wild card. It renders slightly below native 1080p on Xbox One, 1600x1080 to be precise, and does drop frames during Batmobile sections. How Turn Me Up Games handles this conversion will be the most interesting. I'm guessing it will be a 720p docked experience and 540p portable, likely exhibiting similar framerate drops during Batmobile segments.

Overall, I think this will be considered one of the best collections ported to Switch, and Arkham Knight will be one of, if not the final impossible port to Swich.
Was Tony Hawk 1080p? That’s cool. I thought I remembered checking out a video when it launched and it looking blurry

This is why I was hoping they were given the chance to bring Mass Effect Legendary Edition to Switch, they have the tech to do a great job with it.

This is why I was hoping they were given the chance to bring Mass Effect Legendary Edition to Switch, they have the tech to do a great job with it.
I kinda hope they'd do Mafia trilogy next. This is one of the few big IPs that never appeared on Nintendo platforms and I believe TMU games can manage to pull it off.

They did say they're just getting started, there has to be more announcements next year. Starting with Gotham Knights, I assume.

I kinda hope they'd do Mafia trilogy next. This is one of the few big IPs that never appeared on Nintendo platforms and I believe TMU games can manage to pull it off.

They did say they're just getting started, there has to be more announcements next year. Starting with Gotham Knights, I assume.
Gotham Knights is this studio, according to contracts and job reports

But there are a lot of games that Turn Me Up can port to switch architecture

I actually thought mass effect trilogy was going to be announced… never played any of them and switch would have been perfect to get through them.

Gotham Knights is this studio, according to contracts and job reports
They sound more like an assist studio, their port jobs are more like smaller indie stuff (and not good, if Portia is any example). Turn Me Up games are usually assisted by others, as seen in Borderlands collection.

At this point when ME comes over it won’t have to be compromised since it’ll more than likely be a 2 or cross gen title.

Regarding Batman, I hope the icons pop up one of these days. Only a few weeks away!

They sound more like an assist studio, their port jobs are more like smaller indie stuff (and not good, if Portia is any example). Turn Me Up games are usually assisted by others, as seen in Borderlands collection.
Looking how warner contract Krome Studios (another developer who port minor scale things like Ty the tasmanian tiger and the wii version of SW Unleashed) for a recent big scale port to switch, I wouldn't be so sure that Pingle is just an assistant. It looks like Warner is looking for hidden talent for some of its Switch ports, in most of the cases the studios only need enought time and money for making good ports.

Anyway, I have tried the FNAF need Wanted port from Pingle and it is a very good port.

Edit. As i can see, the page of pingle studio is outdate.
They have more recent and big ports like Fnaf Security Breack and Insurgency Sandstorm

Last edited:

There is ME3 WiiU edition, but I really want ME3 multi-player on Switch.

Turn Me Up could also bring a port of that stand alone Tiny Tina Wonderlands game that came out seeing as they have history with Borderlands.

Discussion of HL is banned on Famiboards. Please refrain from having conversations about it even without directly naming it. -xghost777, MissingNo., VolcanicDynamo
Looking how warner contract Krome Studios (another developer who port minor scale things like Ty the tasmanian tiger and the wii version of SW Unleashed) for a recent big scale port to switch
Which game? The wizard game?

Edit: Trying to find a direct source (boot up doesn't show company logos it seems?), but Krome were one of like a dozen support studios for the whole thing on all platforms it seems. Even folks like TT Games, Monolith Productions, and even ex-Next Level Games-based Eden Industries, among others.

Curiously, Eden even says they directly worked on the Switch and the PS4 and XBO versions:

So even if Krome lead on the Switch port, they weren't alone.

Last edited:
Which game? The wizard game?

Edit: Trying to find a direct source (boot up doesn't show company logos it seems?), but Krome were one of like a dozen support studios for the whole thing on all platforms it seems. Even folks like TT Games, Monolith Productions, and even ex-Next Level Games-based Eden Industries, among others.

Curiously, Eden even says they directly worked on the Switch and the PS4 and XBO versions:

So even if Krome lead on the Switch port, they weren't alone.
The source is that the Krome Studios workers themselves have said they lead the switchport on their social networks and on LinkedIn.

Last edited:

Looks like the street date has been broken - allegedly. Guess it could be a ruse. And it’s honestly been so long I don’t remember what Asylum’s title screen looked like at all.

Looks like the street date has been broken - allegedly. Guess it could be a ruse. And it’s honestly been so long I don’t remember what Asylum’s title screen looked like at all.

That person and copy are from Spain

Last edited:
Wanted to come in and ask if it got delayed again but looks like it's on the home stretch, lovely. 😁 Curious to see footage of Arkham Knight in the coming days.

Yeah, these icons are well chosen. Can't wait to see / read about impressions, especially wrt Arkham Knight!
This is pretty exciting, ngl, even though I've played two of the games already. ^^

I think we are safe from any further delays. This trilogy has been on my most wanted list for quite some time now. Hopefully Asylum and Akrham City turn out perfect. Arkham Knight will be compromised, but hopefully it's competent enough and will be another interesting impossible port to Switch. I wonder if they have implemented image reconstruction for Arkham Knight. It worked well for Dying Light.

I do not have the habit of re-buying and re-playing games I've played before, but I do have my eyes on this one. Though I am not sure if it is the best idea due to my backlog, I do loved playing these games (played only 1 and 2 and honestly I think I didn't finish any of them).

Looking forward to know more about performance and mandatory downloads.

Yeah, these icons are well chosen. Can't wait to see / read about impressions, especially wrt Arkham Knight!
This is pretty exciting, ngl, even though I've played two of the games already. ^^
Yeah, surprisingly great icons. It's baffling as hell how often publishers eff this up. Lots of great games still has ugly as hell icons that mess up my "all software" screen lol

Great game, great port but Remnant From the Ashes icon, which is the same as its PC desktop icon, should be a crime:

9358.png

Forgot this is actually due out this Friday! I have a pre-order so I’m looking forward to it arriving and taking a look at Arkham Knight

Games can't be bought separately ?
Well, that's a shame, I'm only interested in the first one....
It's actually not clear. Collections where their games are not sold separately usually don't have the games listed individually on eShop, like GTA, Ninja Gaiden or Portal. But Arkham games are listed on eShop separately. We'll find out on the launch day.

Games can't be bought separately ?
Well, that's a shame, I'm only interested in the first one....

When they were due in November they were listed separately on the eshop with their own singular price. They’re listed again on their own now but with no price or purchase option. Will be interesting to see what happens on the 1st.

Back
Top Bottom