• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Batman Arkham Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch on December 1st (out now!)

Hopefully this is all resolved later this year on the Switch 2, at the very least...a smooth 30 on Asylum/City would be great. Don't care what it takes to get it at this point

I’ve played it but I really can’t tell if there’s a difference…
Yeah, I finally got some time with Arkham City tonight, and I haven't really seen any notable changes in its performance. Granted, I didn't run into any jitter while gliding around, but I wasn't really pushing anything and might have just been lucky.

Gameplay with the patch

Saw on a Reddit post that the game's performance is still mostly bad, while looking worse as a trade-off...

From the same link:
The update does have a significant change in the graphic department. Looks a tad smooth and better than before, but obviously not PS4/X1 graphic quality. Performance is also better than before I’ve noticed especially driving the Batmobile.

Otherwise, if you also own the Steam Deck I wouldn’t bother with Arkham Knight for the Switch (plus you also got Origin, so you got 4 Arkham games as well).

Although if you only own the Switch, cast aside your fear and give Knight a shot. You’ll worry less on the graphics due to its great gameplay and plot. Now that the update did in fact smooth the performance.

The Batmobile's fps still needs improvement, but the game doesn't look worse after the patch.
In addition to that, the shuttering problem has been fixed quite a bit.

Looking at the opinions of people who are playing it and youtube gameplays, it seems that it is improving. It has more space for future improvement and I imagine there will be more patches.

But in addition, they made a lot of improvements in the non fps aspects, looks like they fix a lot of glitches (like the riddle trophy glitch):

Last edited:
Gameplay with the patch

From the same link:

The Batmobile's fps still needs improvement, but the game doesn't look worse after the patch.
In addition to that, the shuttering problem has been fixed quite a bit.

Looking at the opinions of people who are playing it and youtube gameplays, it seems that it is improving. It has more space for future improvement and I imagine there will be more patches.

But in addition, they made a lot of improvements in the non fps aspects, looks like they fix a lot of glitches (like the riddle trophy glitch):

Very glad Turn Me Up have been fixing what they can with all three games, but hopefully they will keep at it if possible.

The collection is still 40% off in NA on the eShop I believe if you want to jump in now.

What are they even doing with these updates? They don't seem to do anything too noticeable, but these updates are huge in size.
ygTTBZ.gif

I saw yesterday the Reddit post and I was pretty disappointed that after all the waiting the game was still in very bad shape. But definitely is not the case here. While the game will never looks as de PS4 version, it has improved a lot. The gliding and batmobile are not nearly unplayable anymore, and while it still has some dips, it's night and day compared to the initial build. They have solved several bugs, and while there's still work, the game can be now played while having a good time whit it.

I understand that given how unreal 3 works on switch and how modified the BAK version of the engine is, porting and improving this game has to be a pain. Which is probably why the updates and file size are huge, iirc the A Hat in Time port was nearly 16 GB while being 3-4 GB on PS4 due to it being on Unreal 3. I don't know how much they will be able to improve it aside from bug fixes. But I would definitely recommend the trilogy now. Asylum and City are definitely the best console versions out there, and Knight after the update is playable and a good experience. Definitely a solid work from the guys at Turn Me UP, it just needed some more time cooking.

This collection for the switch should have included origins instead of knight. I also think WB is losing money by not selling the game separately. The word of month regarding the state of Arkham knight is killing the interest on the other 2 games, and that is a shame since they are really good ports (specially city) and the best console version of those games

That’s good to see, if it’s not just a particular instance of LODs not loading on the “before” screenshots as one reply claims.

Instead of a framerate toggle like some games (BL3) get, I wish they’d give us a “fidelity toggle.” Lol. You turn it on and the game looks like the PS4 version but it runs (even more) like dogshit. But now it’s proofed for Drake.

…I’m sure it wouldn’t even work like that. But I’ll always dream of the port we could’ve gotten down the line.

I saw yesterday the Reddit post and I was pretty disappointed that after all the waiting the game was still in very bad shape. But definitely is not the case here. While the game will never looks as de PS4 version, it has improved a lot. The gliding and batmobile are not nearly unplayable anymore, and while it still has some dips, it's night and day compared to the initial build. They have solved several bugs, and while there's still work, the game can be now played while having a good time whit it.

I understand that given how unreal 3 works on switch and how modified the BAK version of the engine is, porting and improving this game has to be a pain. Which is probably why the updates and file size are huge, iirc the A Hat in Time port was nearly 16 GB while being 3-4 GB on PS4 due to it being on Unreal 3. I don't know how much they will be able to improve it aside from bug fixes. But I would definitely recommend the trilogy now. Asylum and City are definitely the best console versions out there, and Knight after the update is playable and a good experience. Definitely a solid work from the guys at Turn Me UP, it just needed some more time cooking.
Great news, happy to hear it.
I'll wait for the next discount on the eShop and take it, I imagine that with these mega-patches it now makes little sense to buy the physical version.

Great news, happy to hear it.
I'll wait for the next discount on the eShop and take it, I imagine that with these mega-patches it now makes little sense to buy the physical version.
If you're in NA, it's back to 40% off on the eShop until March 11th!

I swear to god seeing this in PORTABLE mode is fucking sheer voodoo. Not only did they make it happen, but at least decently is pure wizardry. Wow.
there is another game that I can't believe they made happen on Switch that released near it....you know the one

Arkham Knight seems to have a pretty cool aesthetic with the rain and the city lights, too bad seems like even the original consoles have lots of shimmering/aliasing issues while gliding or driving around, still impressive though

Per the 1.0.3 video the Switch version seems to still need some work on the Batmobile, it stutters a bit so it’s noticeable. But comparing with the Digital Foundry original footage it might have improved

Last edited:

Shouldn't have been ported to Switch. Anyone who is holding out hope additional patches that make any significant upgrades is setting themselves up for disappointment. They should separate the titles on the eshop so they can be purchased separately and spend a little more time polishing up Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Those two games are just a stones throw away from being terrific ports, but Arkham Knight is a lost cause and its never going to be great.

Shouldn't have been ported to Switch. Anyone who is holding out hope additional patches that make any significant upgrades is setting themselves up for disappointment. They should separate the titles on the eshop so they can be purchased separately and spend a little more time polishing up Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Those two games are just a stones throw away from being terrific ports, but Arkham Knight is a lost cause and its never going to be great.

Disagree completely. Let Turn Me Up cook. If they get it to perform at a stable 30fps, then I'd consider it a major accomplishment.

Back
Top Bottom