• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Batman Arkham Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch on December 1st (out now!)

Resources? This is EA they have more resources than anyone else. They ported the whole Frostbite engine to Switch just to port PvZ and we're talking about a series that has potential to sell 5 times as PvZ, maybe more. 130m install base is a golden opportunity.

I think ME will be on base Switch. Porting is not an easy process, Batman is coming out 2 years after it first leaked, it's only natural for ME to take this long time.
My only hope is that they can bring back the Multi-player for ME3.

Game pages are individually up on eShop but not for preorder yet:

I kinda worried that there won't be separate releases like Ezio Collection but fortunately that's not the case (stupid ubisoft). We can download them separately. As of now only Asylum's size is known: 6.8 GB.

I kinda worried that there won't be separate releases like Ezio Collection but fortunately that's not the case (stupid ubisoft). We can download them separately. As of now only Asylum's size is known: 6.8 GB.
It could be like ninja gaiden trilogy or gta, you can only buy the pack but they are separate apps in the menu.

I find it hilarious that Arkham Knight and City both have file size at 14mb.
Is that the default value or something ? :D

I find it hilarious that Arkham Knight and City both have file size at 14mb.
Is that the default value or something ? :D
It seems to be what is included in the cartridge without the "patch" day 1, since it does not include a download code but you need to download the games

Pre-release eshop games usually indicate the size of what is included in the cartridge, that is, without counting patches or mandatory downloads

I think they will do like other trilogies (GTA or Ninja Gaiden ie) and they will make you buy the full package. They are referencing the product as a whole, and not as individual releases. One way or another, is great we won't need to download all the games together.

I think they will do like other trilogies (GTA or Ninja Gaiden ie) and they will make you buy the full package. They are referencing the product as a whole, and not as individual releases. One way or another, is great we won't need to download all the games together.
None of GTA, Ninja Gaiden or Portal games appeared on eShop on Switch separately but Batman games right now are there in the "Coming Soon" section. Could be available separately or not. We have to wait and see.

How did the Bioshock collection do it digitally again? Physically you had to download the rest. But I forget if the first was entirely on the card, but I forget if each are purchasable on their own.

Borderlands is the first on cart but 2 and Pre-Sequel are a code in the box, but I think are on the eShop where you can pick the original, or the latter two as The Handsome Collection. I know that's a thing, but why not let the other two be available on their own. Odd.

Now the flat-out WORST case was Final Fantasy X/X-2 on Switch where X-2 was a code... but it was treated as DLC. You couldn't claim it, and then play it on its own without the cart. So used copies are likely royally screwed, but that does make sense to easily kill incentives to buy used. Still fucking sucks though.

How did the Bioshock collection do it digitally again? Physically you had to download the rest. But I forget if the first was entirely on the card, but I forget if each are purchasable on their own.

Borderlands is the first on cart but 2 and Pre-Sequel are a code in the box, but I think are on the eShop where you can pick the original, or the latter two as The Handsome Collection. I know that's a thing, but why not let the other two be available on their own. Odd.

Now the flat-out WORST case was Final Fantasy X/X-2 on Switch where X-2 was a code... but it was treated as DLC. You couldn't claim it, and then play it on its own without the cart. So used copies are likely royally screwed, but that does make sense to easily kill incentives to buy used. Still fucking sucks though.
Bioshock has the three game partially on the cartridge. You can play the first level of the three games without dowloads.

But you can buy them separately on the eshop

YES! I was so hoping this collection would be organized this. This means three separate icons. I fucking love Batman and love the key art for these games. So yay.

Any find any impressions from this?
Found this. Tells us basically nothing though! I need the spec sheet for this release yesterday.

the first two games looked pretty aliased at points in the trailer but Iโ€™m really crossing my fingers for 1080p

Edit - Forgot the link -

Last edited:
Sorry in advance for getting hopes up with this bump.

At this point I'm thinking we won't be seeing more of this until launch day, much less a spec sheet for resolution.

Hopefully the game's street date is broken next week and we can see some direct feed footage.

WB does a pretty good job with their games on Switch. I expect these to be pretty good. I think Knight might be the one thatโ€™s the biggest question mark.

WB does a pretty good job with their games on Switch. I expect these to be pretty good. I think Knight might be the one thatโ€™s the biggest question mark.
Agreed. Hopefully Asylum/City are straight 1080p upgrades of their original releases (and not too aliasy).

Knight looked good in the trailer but I know I should set expectations low, about Witcher 3 level. Then I can be pleasantly surprised or hopefully they patch it next year (unlikely but fingers crossed).

Sorry in advance for getting hopes up with this bump.

At this point I'm thinking we won't be seeing more of this until launch day, much less a spec sheet for resolution.

Hopefully the game's street date is broken next week and we can see some direct feed footage.
I would be careful with prints of copies leaked weeks before launch, as they may lack the day 1 patch

In any case, they took demos to an event about Batman, although it is not easy to find the gameplays on the internet.

Gonna get City on day one.

Bizarrely Iโ€™ve actually played Asylum and Knight but not City. I actually owned it on Wii U but stopped playing very early because it wasnโ€™t a great port.

So hyped for Digital Foundry's vid, which they said will be made in their podcast. I hope they not only compare with the botched Return to Arkham collection, but also the Wii U version of City.

October is too stacked anyway, this would be better getting out of the rush. Hopefully weโ€™ll actually get some gameplay trailers dropped soon.

Some hope/speculation is that more games would be on the cartridge, but cart production is probably too far along for that, even with this delay. Whatever this delay is for will likely come in the day one patch.

I was looking forward to it, but I don't mind waiting a little longer if it turns out as best as possible.
The game looks great on the Batman Day demos, but i understand that they recently may find any new unexpected issue

Last edited:
I think this is more of a strategic delay. October was too crowded with RDR physical being the same day and Super Mario Wonder a week later.

Seconding (thirding) the "October is too stacked anyway" sentiment. Here's hoping they use the time well :D

I kind of wanted to play this one, but this is probably only for the better

A lil bit more time to iron out some possible issues
A lil bit less backlog for me
A lil bit more money in my wallet this month

Wonder if Arkham Knight is the issueโ€ฆ
Feels more like they're removing the game from a super stacked month. This October is one of the most crowded months Switch has got since its launch, it's wise to delay a collection with a big sales potential like Arkham to a calmer month. December so far only has Dragon Quest Monsters.

Feels more like they're removing the game from a super stacked month. This October is one of the most crowded months Switch has got since its launch, it's wise to delay a collection with a big sales potential like Arkham to a calmer month. December so far only has Dragon Quest Monsters.

The Steamworld Build disrespect!

The three games all release on the same day as well..

The Steamworld Build disrespect!

The three games all release on the same day as well..
Ahaha aww fuck, Steamworld Build coming out in less than two months and I don't think I'll have enough time to play it at launch ๐Ÿฅฒ

It seems that in Japan the Arkham trilogy has not been delayed and is still coming out digitally on the date they had planned there, which I think is tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. There only the physical launch was delayed to December.

It seems that the reason for the delay has been due to a problem in the production of the physical units.

It seems that in Japan the Arkham trilogy has not been delayed and is still coming out digitally on the date they had planned there, which I think is tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. There only the physical launch was delayed to December.

It seems that the reason for the delay has been due to a problem in the production of the physical units.
I went to the Japanese Nintendo website, and even if you look into the release schedule it appears as launching on October 26th, if you try to access the game section to buy it will appear an error as not found, unlike other games which also release on the same day, so maybe they just didn't change the date in the schedule.

I went to the Japanese Nintendo website, and even if you look into the release schedule it appears as launching on October 26th, if you try to access the game section to buy it will appear an error as not found, unlike other games which also release on the same day, so maybe they just didn't change the date in the schedule.
It looks like it can be pre-ordered on the eshop.

It looks like it can be pre-ordered on the eshop.

Hmm, that's weird, so it can be bought from the console but not from the website. It would be hilarious if it finally launches so soon on Japan. At least we would be able to know how the ports run with anticipation. Thanks for telling it, I imagine we will see in two days.

Hmm, that's weird, so it can be bought from the console but not from the website. It would be hilarious if it finally launches so soon on Japan. At least we would be able to know how the ports run with anticipation. Thanks for telling it, I imagine we will see in two days.
It would be funny if people bought and download it and it didn't work until December.

I was yearning to play this on Switch but the delay popped up and then it showed up on Xbox store for $8.99 so I bit. Hope the Switch ports end up being solid.

Back
Top Bottom