• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic amiibo |ST|

I really wish we got a Ganondorf amiibo of this:
FmY2DyQX0AAoEO2

Sephiroth and Kazuya should be arriving monday, they look very nice. What a difference from wave 1.

And is there any chance of getting Corrin p2 anywhere?

It is the only one I am missing and it bugs me to see the gap on my display..

Any help is appreciated

Sephiroth and Kazuya should be arriving monday, they look very nice. What a difference from wave 1.

Any help is appreciated

If , and this is a big if, corrin is going to get a reprint, it'll be soon to go alongside the release of fire emblem engage, so I'd say make sure to keep an eye on the official Nintendo stores.

I also wouldn't get my hopes up too high for it to happen though.

Any help is appreciated
At least here in the US we're getting a female Corrin (and Marth) reprint to go with Engage, so it'll probably be worthwhile keeping an eye out next Friday.

At least here in the US we're getting a female Corrin (and Marth) reprint to go with Engage, so it'll probably be worthwhile keeping an eye out next Friday.

Sadly not looking like it's hitting europe any time soon - even asked a retailer with a good relationship to Bergsala some days ago but they've of no such thing and they even mentioned that when there's a restock coming. They always know well in advance.

I ever only heard of Target having restock, but they dont seem to ship abroad. Any other retailers?

Like I posted earlier in the thread, we got a full restock of every FE amiibo here. Weird that not every region is recieving the same treatment.

Australian My Nintendo Store has a FULL restock of every Fire Emblem character amiibo. If anyone down here wants to grab them this is a great chance.

image.png

(Marth and Ike are here too, on the other page)

Sadly not looking like it's hitting europe any time soon - even asked a retailer with a good relationship to Bergsala some days ago but they've of no such thing and they even mentioned that when there's a restock coming. They always know well in advance.

I ever only heard of Target having restock, but they dont seem to ship abroad. Any other retailers?
Best Buy and Gamestop are getting it too.

Amazon might, but they've kind of been a crapshoot with Amiibo recently over here.

Anyone in Europe who was still waiting for sephiroth or Kazuya, they're now in the official Nintendo stores, probably sephiroth won't be in stock for long.

Does anybody know if Male Corrin (Player 1) got restocked anywhere?

It looks like I can find Female Corrin (Player 2) pretty easily for MSRP, but I'm only missing Player 1 and it looks like they didn't restock that one in the US.

I actually just gave my entire amiibo collection to my nephew. He’s 5 and has autism, and he loves nintendo characters. I was also getting to a point where i was tired of having them around, as i stopped collecting at the start of 2022. Yeah i had some rare ones i could have sold, but im happy to give them to my nephew who will actually play with them, and not collect them on a shelf like i did

Looks like preorders for the Tears of the Kingdom Amiibo are going up. Just ordered one at Best Buy.

Got mine last night. I'm a little surprised that we (as of right now) are only getting one new amiibo. I figured that we would at least get a new Zelda figure as well.

Got mine last night. I'm a little surprised that we (as of right now) are only getting one new amiibo. I figured that we would at least get a new Zelda figure as well.
That and Ganondorf would make sense, they could be holding them for some sort of reveal, but they have also been pretty light on amiibo lately.

That and Ganondorf would make sense, they could be holding them for some sort of reveal, but they have also been pretty light on amiibo lately.

If I recall, the first BOTW Amiibs were just Link with bow, Link on horse, Zelda, bokoblin, and the guardian. I think the Champion ones came out several months later so they might be saving the "spoilers" Amiibo for later.

If I recall, the first BOTW Amiibs were just Link with bow, Link on horse, Zelda, bokoblin, and the guardian. I think the Champion ones came out several months later so they might be saving the "spoilers" Amiibo for later.

That has to be one crazy Zelda spoiler if Nintendo isn't revealing her amiibo before launch.

The speculation grows deeper......

That has to be one crazy Zelda spoiler if Nintendo isn't revealing her amiibo before launch.

It might be she just gets a new outfit later in the game. Maybe the equivalent of Link's new green outfit or maybe a "Goddess" outfit. But it is interesting.

It's probably nothing more than they're just massively scaled back amiibo. In 2017, we also got a bunch of fire emblem amiibo, a pikmin amiibo, another 5 mario amiibo, another yoshi line (poochy) amiibo, several splatoon recolours, several smash amiibo, and so on. On top of the pile of Zelda amiibo.

If Nintendo was still producing amiibo like 2017, the direct would have had fire emblem amiibo, a ice pikmin amiibo, a magalor amiibo, a metroid prime amiibo, a new line of splatoon amiibo, etc. And none of those are happening, frankly, my bank account probably appreciates them massively being scaled back! I still expect some more splatoon ones for the Deep cut idols at least, but it might be a while.

We might still see another TOTK amiibo, but it's not likely hiding anything.

Finally updated the OP; amiibo counts are now up to date, images have been updated for Sephiroth, Kazuya, Pyra, and Mythra, and the Golden Power-Up Band and Link - Tears of the Kingdom have been added as well.

Also I realized I never posted a pic of Sephiroth and Kazuya here, so have this too:
FmohHxlakAABaKD

Last edited:
Managed to snag a Golden Power-Up Band from eBay, so that’s out of the way at least! Nice to not have to stress out about that anymore, lol.

EDIT: And it’s here!
FrxlhREakAE4g9P

Last edited:
you know what I'd like? a Mario Maker stylus for Switch, but can't find it anywhere
on the other hand: I was finally able to preorder the TotK Link amiibo on GameStop site

good on me!

Alright Amiibo fam, I have every Amiibo collector’s worst dilemma: I’m moving, and need to pack 100+ out-of-box Amiibo in a way where they won’t get damaged but also won’t take 100 moving boxes…

Any tips or recommendations?

Alright Amiibo fam, I have every Amiibo collector’s worst dilemma: I’m moving, and need to pack 100+ out-of-box Amiibo in a way where they won’t get damaged but also won’t take 100 moving boxes…

I used these Stanley organizers when I moved, but I had already bought them in college (for Magic cards, not tools lol). They worked pretty well for amiibo.

I just placed them between layers of clothes when I had to bring a bunch internationally at Christmas. Few layers above and below and it worked fine. They're pretty hardy, though I wouldn't recommend this for the squishy Metroid amiibo specifically

It’s time to make an amiibo burrito™!
(Seriously, I transported all of our amiibo like this when we moved last and it worked great! Just get some big sheets of bubble wrap, put a row of amiibo down on one, roll it up a bit, add some more amiibo, continue until you use up that sheet, and make as many more amiibo burritos as needed! lol)

Last edited:

If you have any particularly rare or expensive ones I recommend the Hori cases:

1300263-l0.jpg

They fit most amiibo well.

I finally updated my post about the gaps in amiibo IDs, by the way! Here are the notable additions/changes:

Next we have what might be the weirdest gap between known IDs: 0416–041A. That’s five unused IDs between Inkling (Yellow) and Octoling (Blue). Uh, what?? Yes, for some reason there’s a big gap of 5 unused IDs separating the Splatoon 3 Inkling amiibo from the Octoling and Smallfry amiibo, which all released together. It’s quite bizarre, and I’m not sure why they would have split those three up like that, but I can only imagine those five IDs are very likely more Splatoon 3 amiibo, grouped together despite not all releasing at the same time much like the two groups of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC fighter amiibo IDs. Three of those five are obvious—Shiver, Fry, and Big Man—but I’m not sure what the other two would be. They could just be alternate Inkling and Octoling amiibo, or maybe two new characters, or variants of existing characters, from the upcoming Side Order DLC.

That brings us to 014E and 014F, two unused IDs between Min Min and Kazuya. These are almost certainly guaranteed to be Pyra and Mythra. The ordering of the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 amiibo is odd, though, in that it doesn’t follow the usual ordering as the Vol. 1 amiibo did, but instead it seems Nintendo listed the first-party amiibo first (Min Min, Pyra, Mythra) followed by the third-party amiibo after them (Kazuya, Sephiroth, Steve, Alex). Maybe the third-party amiibo took longer to finalize with their respective owners, some being more delayed than others (with Microsoft/Mojang taking the longest, given Steve and Alex’s ID placements relative to their order of release)?

Finally, the last of the observable unused IDs are 042E and 042F, two IDs between Malzeno and the Golden Power-Up Band. One of these may very likely be Link - Tears of the Kingdom, but the other is anyone’s guess! A second unannounced Tears of the Kingdom amiibo is one possibility, but it’s just as possible that neither of those is Link - Tears of the Kingdom, so we could potentially have two unknown amiibo here. But since Pyra and Mythra are already accounted for, and Link - Tears of the Kingdom is currently the only other announced but unreleased amiibo, these two unused IDs suggest that we’re due for at least one currently unannounced amiibo relatively soon.

So yeah, what we can gather from the current gaps in amiibo IDs is that there were seemingly two unreleased The Legend of Zelda amiibo planned at one point (one for The Wind Waker and one for Breath of the Wild), that there are likely five additional upcoming Splatoon 3 amiibo (with Shiver, Fry, and Big Man almost certainly being three of those), and that we’re likely due for at least one other new amiibo to be announced relatively soon. I assume that most of the older unused IDs are just cancelled amiibo that will probably never release at this point, unfortunately.

And here’s the full post if you haven’t seen it yet:
Now, how about beyond what’s been released or officially announced? I’m talking about scrapped/unreleased amiibo and potential future amiibo! How can we know things like that? It’s all thanks to the data within each amiibo! If you’re unfamiliar with the data structure of amiibo, I’ll have to explain some things first…

Basically, within the data of each amiibo, there is a string of 16 characters with various hexadecimal values that hold all of the identification info about the amiibo. I’ll use the Isabelle (Winter Outfit) amiibo as an example to explain how this works. Those identifying 16 characters for that specific Isabelle amiibo are as follows:

01810100023F0502

Now if that doesn’t mean anything to you, let’s break it down into parts:

0181 01 00 023F 05 02

The first four characters (or two bytes) contain the character information, organized by franchise. For example: 0000 is Mario, 0001 is Luigi, 0002 is Peach, etc., while 0100 is Link, 0101 is Zelda, and so on. Animal Crossing characters start at 0180, which is Villager, and Isabelle is next in line at 0181. Any Isabelle amiibo should have this exact value here.

The next two characters/single byte tells if this is a certain variation of the character in question. Usually this is 00 in most cases, meaning that’s the standard, non-variant form of that character. For example, most Mario amiibo are 00 here, but Dr. Mario is variant 01, and Cat Mario is variant 03. In the case of this Isabelle amiibo, the value is 01, indicating that the Winter Outfit is a variant; the Summer Outfit and Super Smash Bros. Isabelle amiibo figures have a value of 00 instead, which says that Isabelle’s Summer Outfit is her non-variant form.

Next we have another byte of two characters that says what physical form the amiibo takes. 00 is figure, 01 is card, 02 is plush, and 03 is band. Since this Isabelle amiibo is a figure, the value is 00. Simple!

Leading off the back half of this string of data are four characters that are very important here. This can be called the amiibo’s print/model/ID number or whatever you wanna call it (I’ll refer to these as “amiibo ID numbers” or simply “IDs” here), but basically it’s a unique identifier that’s different for each specific amiibo release. This value is how games can tell the difference between amiibo that are otherwise identical in their identification data outside of this value. For example, the Super Mario series Mario, Mario - Gold Edition, Mario - Silver Edition, and Mario (Wedding Outfit) all share the same identification data (00000000xxxx0102) except this ID number. These IDs start with the Smash Bros. Mario amiibo at 0000 and are assigned to new amiibo sequentially, with very few instances of IDs that are skipped and left unused. But these rare gaps in ID numbers have been reliable in giving us hints towards future amiibo releases multiple times before—some notable example being the Breath of the Wild Champion amiibo being expected months in advance and the Animal Crossing Series 5 amiibo cards being similarly foreshadowed, both of which I had discovered myself simply by looking at the data. Anyway, more on these ID gaps soon.

After the aforementioned ID number, there are two final bytes. The first of which are two characters that signify the specific amiibo series—00 being Smash Bros., 01 being Super Mario, etc. For Isabelle here, 05 is Animal Crossing, which is used for both the figures and card series. After this series value, the final byte always consists of 02. And that’s it!

Sorry if that was a lot of info, but now you hopefully have an understanding of how amiibo identification works within the data (if you didn't already), and how this identification data can lead to interesting observations like what I'm about to detail. So, onto the exciting stuff!

Remember those rare instances of ID gaps I mentioned above? Here’s where they come into play. Because amiibo IDs are almost never skipped, it’s extremely likely that the few that are skipped actually do belong to unknown, unreleased amiibo—some of which may just not have been announced or released yet, while others might have been planned to release at one point but ultimately cancelled. Based on the known amiibo that come before and after them and how many unused IDs there are in a gap, we can make some educated guesses as to their true identities. But before I get into which amiibo may be hiding among these ID gaps, I’m gonna eliminate the gaps that I can assure you aren’t hiding anything:

Previous ID​
Unused ID(s)​
Following ID​
01D8
K.K. (Pikopuri)
Animal Crossing series
01D9–0237​
Mario - Classic Color
Super Mario 30th Anniversary series
02C2
Pink Gold Peach (Horse Racing)
Mario Sports Superstars series
02C3–02E0​
02E1
One-Eyed Rathalos & Rider (Boy)
Monster Hunter Stories series
031E
Toby
Animal Crossing series
031F–034A​
034B
Link - Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda series
03D7
Faith
Animal Crossing series
03D8–040B​
040C
Razewing Ratha
Monster Hunter Stories series

These ID gaps all share one thing in common—they’re immediately preceded by large series of amiibo cards. It seems that Nintendo allocates extra IDs for these amiibo card series, perhaps in case they intend to release more cards later, like what happened with the Animal Crossing promo cards. The Animal Crossing amiibo cards Series 1–4 take up 400 IDs—100 per series. Then the 5 promo cards come right after Series 4, but there are another 95 unused IDs after that—that’s because Nintendo saved another batch of 100 IDs for these promo cards, even though they only used 5. The same is true for the Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo series; 100 IDs were reserved for that, with half being used for the 50 cards in that series, plus the 6 Sanrio cards right after that, leaving 44 empty spots. And once again, another 100 IDs were reserved for Animal Crossing: New Horizons’s Series 5 cards, of which only 48 were used, leaving 52 unused.

The Mario Sports Superstars cards are similar to the Animal Crossing cards, but that series saves 120 IDs instead of the usual 100, 90 of which are used while 30 remain unused. Nintendo probably saved an extra 20 IDs there in case they wanted to release a set of promo cards (maybe, like, one or two for each of the 18 characters), but they never did. The Shadow Mewtwo card, Jikkyō Powerful Pro Baseball cards, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel cards (and the Super Mario Cereal amiibo, since that's technically classified as a card too, lol) aren’t really whole series like the others so they don’t follow this same trend of allocating batches of 100 or so IDs regardless of whether the series will actually use all of those IDs; instead there are no skipped IDs at all after each of those, as is the case with the vast majority of amiibo.

So, basically, we can just ignore the above ID gaps, because they’re clearly just placeholder IDs. The ones below, however, are almost certainly more than just placeholders, and very likely belong to unreleased amiibo!

Previous ID​
Unused ID(s)​
Following ID​
003A
Chibi-Robo
Chibi-Robo! series
003B​
003C
Mario - Gold Edition
Super Mario series
023B
(Dark)* Turbo Charge Donkey Kong
Skylanders SuperChargers series
023C​
023D
Mewtwo
Super Smash Bros. series
Toon Link - The Wind Waker
0351​
Zelda - The Wind Waker
Zelda - Breath of the Wild
0357​
Daruk - Breath of the Wild
Link - Link’s Awakening
039A​
039B
Mario Power-Up Band
Super Nintendo World series
Inkling (Yellow)
Splatoon series
0416–041A
[5 IDs]​
041B
Octoling (Blue)
Splatoon series
041D
Min Min
Super Smash Bros. series
041E–041F
[2 IDs]​
Kazuya
Super Smash Bros. series
042D
Malzeno
Monster Hunter Rise series
042E–042F
[2 IDs]​
Golden Power-Up Band
Super Nintendo World series
*Both Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Dark Turbo Charge Donkey Kong (as well as Hammer Slam Bowser and Dark Hammer Slam Bowser) share the same amiibo ID; while the Skylanders side does differentiate between the normal and Dark variants, they’re identical in data on the amiibo side, so there isn’t a separate ID for Dark Turbo Charge Donkey Kong following 023B.

The first two unused IDs are 003B between Chibi-Robo and Mario - Gold Edition, and 023C between Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Mewtwo. These two are hard to crack. We don’t really have much in the way of hints towards what either of these two could have been, and given how long it’s been by this point I’m not sure we’ll ever know. I do believe that there’s a good possibility that one of them, likely the latter (023C), may have been the scrapped transformable Arwing amiibo that Miyamoto has talked about. Based on the information Miyamoto shared, it seems like that amiibo may have gotten fairly far along in development before it was shelved, so it’s possible that it could have made it far enough into the production process to have been assigned an ID, which would explain one of those unused IDs. As for the other ID…I’ve got no clue, really. Whatever it was, it seems to have been planned and scrapped very early on, since the only amiibo that come before it are the initial Smash for 3DS / Wii U amiibo, Super Mario amiibo, and the Chibi-Robo amiibo.

Moving on, the next couple instances of unused IDs can both very comfortably be identified as belonging to the Zelda series. One—0351—falls between Toon Link - The Wind Waker and Zelda - The Wind Waker, and the other—0357—between Zelda - Breath of the Wild and Daruk - Breath of the Wild. These unreleased amiibo seem to have more hints towards their existence than others, including known product codes (a four-letter code that nearly all amiibo have that are similar in concept but different from amiibo IDs; you can generally find these codes on the bottom of an amiibo’s base or in the URL for an amiibo’s page on the Japanese website, for example) based on gaps in the sequence (again, not unlike amiibo IDs)—these are AKAH and AKAP, respectively. The possibilities for what these two amiibo could be are much narrower than other unused IDs, given that they’re very obviously Zelda series amiibo, and their locations seem to imply one being from The Wind Waker and the other being from Breath of the Wild. The former is probably either Tetra, Ganondorf, or Tingle from The Wind Waker (with Tetra being the most likely, I’d say), while the latter is likely...well, something from Breath of the Wild. Maybe Kass? A second Zelda? A third Link?? Possibly even a mega-sized Calamity Ganon amiibo?! It’s kinda hard to say, but it’s pretty safe to assume that whatever it is, it’s from Breath of the Wild. (My guess as to what’s most likely is a second Zelda in one of her other outfits.) Whether these amiibo were truly scrapped or are just being held back for some reason remains unknown. I would hope that one or both of these amiibo may still be released eventually, maybe to coincide with Tears of the Kingdom or the rumored The Wind Waker HD port? We can only hope…

The next unused ID is 039A, between Link - Link’s Awakening and the Mario Power-Up Band. Amusingly enough, this one may also be another scrapped/unreleased Zelda amiibo, given that it immediately follows the Link’s Awakening amiibo. Perhaps a Marin amiibo? However, unlike 0351 and 0357, there isn’t a gap left in the product codes for a second Link’s Awakening amiibo; the product code for Link - Link’s Awakening is AKAV, and the one for Zelda & Loftwing - Skyward Sword is AKAW, leaving no unused product code between the two, so it’s probably unlikely that it’s a second Link’s Awakening amiibo after all. But if it’s not that, then I’m honestly not sure what else it could be. Like 003B and 023C, this one doesn’t really give us a whole lot to work with, unfortunately.

Next we have what might be the weirdest gap between known IDs: 0416–041A. That’s five unused IDs between Inkling (Yellow) and Octoling (Blue). Uh, what?? Yes, for some reason there’s a big gap of 5 unused IDs separating the Splatoon 3 Inkling amiibo from the Octoling and Smallfry amiibo, which all released together. It’s quite bizarre, and I’m not sure why they would have split those three up like that, but I can only imagine those five IDs are very likely more Splatoon 3 amiibo, grouped together despite not all releasing at the same time much like the two groups of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC fighter amiibo IDs. Three of those five are obvious—Shiver, Fry, and Big Man—but I’m not sure what the other two would be. They could just be alternate Inkling and Octoling amiibo, or maybe two new characters, or variants of existing characters, from the upcoming Side Order DLC.

That brings us to 014E and 014F, two unused IDs between Min Min and Kazuya. These are almost certainly guaranteed to be Pyra and Mythra. The ordering of the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 amiibo is odd, though, in that it doesn’t follow the usual ordering as the Vol. 1 amiibo did, but instead it seems Nintendo listed the first-party amiibo first (Min Min, Pyra, Mythra) followed by the third-party amiibo after them (Kazuya, Sephiroth, Steve, Alex). Maybe the third-party amiibo took longer to finalize with their respective owners, some being more delayed than others (with Microsoft/Mojang taking the longest, given Steve and Alex’s ID placements relative to their order of release)?

Finally, the last of the observable unused IDs are 042E and 042F, two IDs between Malzeno and the Golden Power-Up Band. One of these may very likely be Link - Tears of the Kingdom, but the other is anyone’s guess! A second unannounced Tears of the Kingdom amiibo is one possibility, but it’s just as possible that neither of those is Link - Tears of the Kingdom, so we could potentially have two unknown amiibo here. But since Pyra and Mythra are already accounted for, and Link - Tears of the Kingdom is currently the only other announced but unreleased amiibo, these two unused IDs suggest that we’re due for at least one currently unannounced amiibo relatively soon.

Aside from what’s been officially announced, however, we can expect that we’ll very likely be getting more Power-Up Bands in the future. We actually know that four more Power-Up Bands have been planned, specifically, thanks to our own @MondoMega discovering evidence of unreleased Power-Up Bands for Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Rosalina, and Toadette via datamining the official Super Nintendo World mobile app. These don’t seem like they would fit into any of the currently known unused ID gaps, however, so it’s likely they haven’t been assigned IDs yet, with none of those currently skipped IDs belonging to them.

So yeah, what we can gather from the current gaps in amiibo IDs is that there were seemingly two unreleased The Legend of Zelda amiibo planned at one point (one for The Wind Waker and one for Breath of the Wild), that there are likely five additional upcoming Splatoon 3 amiibo (with Shiver, Fry, and Big Man almost certainly being three of those), and that we’re likely due for at least one other new amiibo to be announced relatively soon. I assume that most of the older unused IDs are just cancelled amiibo that will probably never release at this point, unfortunately.

But before I’m done here, I want to present one more thing in regard to the speculation of unreleased amiibo—series IDs. That is, the byte that immediately follows the individual amiibo ID numbers and tells which amiibo series (not game franchise) an amiibo is from. Because, just like with the individual amiibo IDs, there are some gaps in these series IDs, too! Currently, there are only two—08 and 0B.

Code:
00  Super Smash Bros.
01  Super Mario
02  Chibi-Robo!
03  Yoshi’s Woolly World
04  Splatoon
05  Animal Crossing
06  Super Mario Bros. 30th
07  Skylanders SuperChargers
09  The Legend of Zelda
0A  Shovel Knight
0B
0C  Kirby
0D  Pokémon
0E  Mario Sports Superstars
0F  Monster Hunter Stories
10  BOXBOY!
11  Pikmin
12  Fire Emblem
13  Metroid
14  Dark Souls / Super Mario Cereal
15  Mega Man
16  Diablo
17  Jikkyō Powerful Pro Baseball
18  Monster Hunter Rise
19  Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel
––
FF  Super Nintendo World

Super Nintendo World is given the absolute highest value that a series ID can have at FF, which is surely intentional, so we can obviously ignore the massive gap in IDs between it and Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel. And, yes, Dark Souls shares a series ID with Super Mario Cereal. Why? I have no idea. One’s a figure and one’s (technically) a card, though, so it works out fine I guess, but it’s amusing nonetheless.

But that’s not all! Remember those product codes I talked about? They’re structured similarly, with the first two characters signifying the amiibo type (figure, card, plush, or band) and amiibo series, while the following two characters denote each individual amiibo release in that series. These codes only use the characters A–Z (excluding I and O). So, for example, the Super Smash Bros. Mario amiibo would be AAAA, with Super Smash Bros. Peach being AAAB, and so on, while the Super Mario series Mario amiibo is ABAA, with Super Mario series Luigi being ABAB, etc., and the Mario Sports Superstars cards start at MDAA.

Anyway, just as with the amiibo series IDs above, these product codes also have gaps that may give us some insight into unreleased amiibo! Currently, the gaps in figure product codes are AD, AG, AV, and AW, and the gaps for cards are MB and MF (however I’m somewhat convinced that those latter two are intentional gaps left by Nintendo for the Animal Crossing cards in case they ended up releasing enough cards in either series that it would have to overflow into a second series value).

Code:
Figure:
AA  Super Smash Bros.
AB  Super Mario
AC  Chibi-Robo!
AD
AE  Splatoon
AF  Super Mario Bros. 30th
AG
AH  Shovel Knight
AJ  Animal Crossing
AK  The Legend of Zelda
AL  Kirby
AM  Monster Hunter Stories
AN  BOXBOY!
AP  Pikmin
AQ  Fire Emblem
AR  Metroid
AS  Detective Pikachu
AT  Dark Souls
AU  Mega Man
AV
AW
AX  Monster Hunter Rise
AY
AZ

??  Skylanders, Diablo

Card:
MA  Animal Crossing amiibo cards Series 1–5
MB
MC  Pokkén Tournament
MD  Mario Sports Superstars
ME  Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo / Sanrio Collaboration Pack
MF
MG  Jikkyō Powerful Pro Baseball
MH  Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel

??  Super Mario Cereal

Plush:
YA  Yoshi’s Woolly World

Band:
??  Super Nintendo World

The Skylanders, Diablo, and Super Mario Cereal amiibo presumably don’t have product codes because they weren’t manufactured or distributed by Nintendo. The Super Nintendo World Power-Up Bands might have product codes, but if they do I’ve not been able to confirm what they are yet. If they do have product codes, it’d be on the boxes they ship from, assuming they’re even manufactured/distributed by Nintendo at all—it may be all Universal’s doing, in which case I’d assume they don’t have product codes after all.

So what does this information tell us? Again…not a whole lot, unfortunately. I believe it may be possible that series IDs 08 and 0B and product codes AD and AG might be related, though. I think one may correspond to a Star Fox amiibo series (probably 08, and either AG or AD) since we know there was a transforming Arwing amiibo that was cancelled due to issues meeting safety guidelines for children, and the other (0B and AD/AG) might be a Mario Kart amiibo series for reasons that I’ll explain towards the end here. Interestingly, both would have presumably been amiibo with small moving parts, which could explain why they were both cancelled if they couldn’t meet CPSIA certification. The AV and AW product codes are very interesting, though. Since those are still relatively recent, there’s a chance that one or both may be for unreleased amiibo that are still set to be announced sometime, but it’s impossible to say for sure.

So that’s the series IDs and product codes, but it doesn’t end there, either! Some other interesting gaps in data can be observed in the franchise/character IDs and character variant IDs. I won’t go too in depth on that here since I’ve already detailed so much, but some notable examples include a gap between Mario’s character variants for Dr. Mario (01) and Cat Mario (03) which implies that there was another Mario variant amiibo planned at some point—maybe a Mario Kart amiibo like I mentioned above?!—and a gap between Tiki (2109) and Byleth (210B) in the Fire Emblem character data that suggests the existence of an unknown Fire Emblem amiibo that hasn’t released—perhaps a cancelled Lyn amiibo that was going to release alongside Chrom and Tiki for Fire Emblem Warriors? Just a guess.

Other examples include a gap of eight IDs between Toad (000A) and Daisy (0013)—maybe for Toadette and the 7 Koopalings?—plus one skipped ID between Goomba (0015) and Boo (0017), followed by another gap of eleven IDs until Koopa Troopa (0023); one skipped ID between Wolf Link (0003) and Daruk (0005); two skipped IDs between Falco (0581) and Wolf (0584)—just enough room to squeeze Slippy and Peppy right after Fox and Falco; and finally one skipped ID between Olimar (0640) and Pikmin (0642)—very likely for Alph, I’d assume. For character variant IDs, we’re also missing a variant of Zelda between Sheik (01) and Zelda & Loftwing (03), which is probably Tetra, which would also align with the missing The Wind Waker amiibo.

Now, it’s very unlikely that all of these skipped character IDs are for characters that actually have amiibo planned to be released for them, because there are simply too many compared to the number of unused amiibo IDs we know of. It’s most likely just Nintendo future-proofing the list of character IDs on a case by case basis per franchise just in case they do make amiibo for any of them in the future. They’ve already done this on a much larger scale for the Pokémon and Animal Crossing amiibo, with character IDs reserved for all Pokémon by Pokédex number, and character IDs reserved for all Animal Crossing characters by species (…which Nintendo chose to throw out entirely with the Series 5 Animal Crossing cards, for some reason, but that’s beside the point, lol).

I did see a post before that claimed that datamining the original Super Mario Maker revealed that the amiibo character ID between Wolf Link and Daruk (0004) unlocks the Tingle costume in that game, which would seemingly confirm that character ID as Tingle (and may even suggest that the unreleased The Wind Waker amiibo was actually Tingle rather than Tetra or Ganondorf); additionally, that same post claimed that a Mario (0000) amiibo with the series ID set to 0B (one of the two skipped series IDs) unlocks the Kart Mario costume, implying that series 0B is actually for some unreleased Mario Kart amiibo. But I’ve not been able to find more confirmation of this anywhere online, and I’m no dataminer myself (at least outside of amiibo, since I guess looking at amiibo data like this is technically datamining to some degree, lol) and I wouldn’t even know where to begin trying to check it myself, so I’m not entirely sure how credible this is. I have heard that a number of Super Mario Maker costumes are coded to be able to be unlocked with amiibo that don’t actually exist yet, though, so a deep dive into that data could be very interesting and revealing.

Finally, if anyone would like to look through this amiibo data for themselves, @MondoMega has compiled a comprehensive spreadsheet that lists everything!

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Given that the product codes for the Smash Figheters Pass Vol. 2 amiibo are in release order instead of Print ID order, it isn't impossible that the gap between Inkling (Yellow) and Octoling (Blue) houses more Splatoon amiibo; but given their product codes continue in order with no gap (AEAS, AEAT, AEAU) i'm not totally convinced they're already sitting on Off the Hook amiibo (and two others). Especially so given that for the previous two games the idol amiibo were locked in after the initial set, and for Pearl and Marina in particular their release was timed with the major story expansion, and that isn't releasing until 2024 this time.

Still sticking to my prediction that the gap of five includes the next wave of Power-Up Bands (Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Toadette, Rosalina). They've been referenced in the Universal Tokyo app since 2021, which is the exact time period these IDs fall into (the Yu-Gi-Oh amiibo cards really help to give a solid date range to everything before them). As for the mystery fifth spot in that gap... no clue. I'm waiting to see where TotK Link falls; given how many times that game has been delayed it isn't TOTALLY impossible that he ends up in that fifth spot, but a placement in the new gap before the Golden Power-Up Band is plausible too.

Crawling back up a bit to 039A; my mostly baseless guess on this one is a scrapped amiibo for a 2019 release. Given both the AV and AW product code groups are unaccounted for, I feel like the odds of this being one of those are particularly high. The question is what other game in Nintendo's 2019 ineup fits that small list of criteria we can determine?
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe? A Peachette amiibo might sound plausible on paper, but given how long before launch the game was completed, the placement of the ID being decently far into 2019, and the fact that this would just be part of the existing Super Mario product code group (which doesn't even have a gap regardless), this one is shut out on all fronts.
  • Yoshi's Crafted World? Mostly the same issues as the above; released too early into the year, the game was done in late 2018; Yoshi would be in need of a new product code group if this were a figure instead of a plush, but I don't think this one works for the gap.
  • BOXBOY + BOXGIRL? Also wouldn't be the start of a new product code group; BOXBOY already has one!
  • Super Mario Maker 2? Similar issue to NSMBU Deluxe, a Builder Mario amiibo likely wouldn't be the start of a new product code group.
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3? No chance in hell.
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses? Wouldn't be the start of a new product code group, so in spite of the character ID gap between Tiki and Byleth I say no.
  • Astral Chain? One of the better odds here probably. Timeframe fits more closely, it would need a new product code group, perhaps production difficulties arose with displaying the protagonist and a Legion on a single amiibo? Questionable that they'd only make an amiibo for one of the two protagonist options though, so unless it was just a Legion this one doesn't sound totally right.
  • Ring Fit Adventure? Yeah, no; I don't think this one was ever planned to have an amiibo.
  • Pokemon Sword and Shield? Given how iffy The Pokemon Company have been with amiibo, and how they have only been released for spin-off titles thus far, I doubt anything was in the cards here.
You may have noticed that I skipped the major release I consider to have the best odds of being home to this mystery amiibo: Luigi's Mansion 3. Unlike NSMBU Deluxe and Maker 2, mainline Mario games, I don't think this one would be squished into the existing Mario series line. It'd have seperate branding, likely a different base color and theme, so it'd be a seperate product code group. There's plenty of options for what the figure in question could've been: Luigi with the Poltergust, Polterpup, Gooigi and King Boo all seem reasonable to me. Perhaps if it were Gooigi they just weren't pleased with the material being used; didn't look quite right. I did say this would be mostly baseless, but this is really my best guess at what 039A could've been.

A third-party game from certain publishers (Sega, Capcom, Activision Blizzard) wouldn't be totally off the table either given their character IDs are technically open, or even a first-party release in that period that ended up delayed or cancelled; we really don't have a lot to go on.

Given that the product codes for the Smash Figheters Pass Vol. 2 amiibo are in release order instead of Print ID order, it isn't impossible that the gap between Inkling (Yellow) and Octoling (Blue) houses more Splatoon amiibo; but given their product codes continue in order with no gap (AEAS, AEAT, AEAU) i'm not totally convinced they're already sitting on Off the Hook amiibo (and two others). Especially so given that for the previous two games the idol amiibo were locked in after the initial set, and for Pearl and Marina in particular their release was timed with the major story expansion, and that isn't releasing until 2024 this time.

Still sticking to my prediction that the gap of five includes the next wave of Power-Up Bands (Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Toadette, Rosalina). They've been referenced in the Universal Tokyo app since 2021, which is the exact time period these IDs fall into (the Yu-Gi-Oh amiibo cards really help to give a solid date range to everything before them). As for the mystery fifth spot in that gap... no clue. I'm waiting to see where TotK Link falls; given how many times that game has been delayed it isn't TOTALLY impossible that he ends up in that fifth spot, but a placement in the new gap before the Golden Power-Up Band is plausible too.

Crawling back up a bit to 039A; my mostly baseless guess on this one is a scrapped amiibo for a 2019 release. Given both the AV and AW product code groups are unaccounted for, I feel like the odds of this being one of those are particularly high. The question is what other game in Nintendo's 2019 ineup fits that small list of criteria we can determine?
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe? A Peachette amiibo might sound plausible on paper, but given how long before launch the game was completed, the placement of the ID being decently far into 2019, and the fact that this would just be part of the existing Super Mario product code group (which doesn't even have a gap regardless), this one is shut out on all fronts.
  • Yoshi's Crafted World? Mostly the same issues as the above; released too early into the year, the game was done in late 2018; Yoshi would be in need of a new product code group if this were a figure instead of a plush, but I don't think this one works for the gap.
  • BOXBOY + BOXGIRL? Also wouldn't be the start of a new product code group; BOXBOY already has one!
  • Super Mario Maker 2? Similar issue to NSMBU Deluxe, a Builder Mario amiibo likely wouldn't be the start of a new product code group.
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3? No chance in hell.
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses? Wouldn't be the start of a new product code group, so in spite of the character ID gap between Tiki and Byleth I say no.
  • Astral Chain? One of the better odds here probably. Timeframe fits more closely, it would need a new product code group, perhaps production difficulties arose with displaying the protagonist and a Legion on a single amiibo? Questionable that they'd only make an amiibo for one of the two protagonist options though, so unless it was just a Legion this one doesn't sound totally right.
  • Ring Fit Adventure? Yeah, no; I don't think this one was ever planned to have an amiibo.
  • Pokemon Sword and Shield? Given how iffy The Pokemon Company have been with amiibo, and how they have only been released for spin-off titles thus far, I doubt anything was in the cards here.
You may have noticed that I skipped the major release I consider to have the best odds of being home to this mystery amiibo: Luigi's Mansion 3. Unlike NSMBU Deluxe and Maker 2, mainline Mario games, I don't think this one would be squished into the existing Mario series line. It'd have seperate branding, likely a different base color and theme, so it'd be a seperate product code group. There's plenty of options for what the figure in question could've been: Luigi with the Poltergust, Polterpup, Gooigi and King Boo all seem reasonable to me. Perhaps if it were Gooigi they just weren't pleased with the material being used; didn't look quite right. I did say this would be mostly baseless, but this is really my best guess at what 039A could've been.

A third-party game from certain publishers (Sega, Capcom, Activision Blizzard) wouldn't be totally off the table either given their character IDs are technically open, or even a first-party release in that period that ended up delayed or cancelled; we really don't have a lot to go on.
If it wasn’t for the three Splatoon 3 amiibo being oddly split up like that along with the Golden Power-Up Band existing and being the most recent ID assigned, I’d still be all with you regarding the likely placement of the datamined Power-Up Bands, but as is I’m not expecting that to be the case. I don’t believe there’s ever been another instance of a group of amiibo from the same series, released at the same time, being split up by a completely unrelated series like that. But, as you noted, there has been another recent example of print IDs not matching up with product codes and release times with a group of amiibo of the same series, as we saw with the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 amiibo, so I’m inclined to believe that a repeat of that happening with these Splatoon 3 amiibo is the more likely possibility here.

And while these other Power-Up Bands have clearly been planned for awhile now, that doesn’t necessarily mean that their amiibo IDs have already been finalized for that long, especially since whatever pre-production stuff that they’d need to do with them for Super Nintendo World and the Universal Studios app wouldn’t require their amiibo functionality at all, so they could just wait until they’re ready to go into full production to assign them their IDs. If the Golden Power-Up Band was actually treated differently from the Mario Power-Up Band in the Universal Studios app and had already been datamined from that too then we’d have more to go off of here, but unfortunately that’s not the case. But as is, I’d find it really odd if the IDs of the four datamined Power-Up Bands were assigned that much earlier than the Golden Power-Up Band’s ID when the latter is already out now and the former aren’t expected to release until next year when the Donkey Kong Country expansion of Super Nintendo World opens at Universal Studios Japan.

Those are my thoughts on it, at least. Maybe I shouldn’t be quite as firm in my prediction of those five IDs being more Splatoon 3 amiibo, because it’s always possible that that could be wrong and it’s certainly not impossible that four of those are indeed the upcoming Power-Up Bands, but I do see more Splatoon 3 amiibo as the most likely option to me, given the context. I’m dying to know which possibility will be the correct one! (Watch us both be completely wrong and it ends up being the most random, unexpected thing ever. XD)

As for your speculation on 039A, I both love and hate the idea of it being a Luigi’s Mansion amiibo—I love it because a Gooigi or Polterpup amiibo would be fucking awesome, but I hate it for that same reason because that means it was most likely cancelled and will never release… =( lol But I agree, that does seem like it would be one of the most likely candidates for what it could have been!

Last edited:
Well, I wasn’t expecting that at all, but I’ll take it!! Nice to finally have some non-Smash Xenoblade amiibo! Though now I’m sad that Elma and Rex missed their chance to get amiibo, lol…

Well, I wasn’t expecting that at all, but I’ll take it!! Nice to finally have some non-Smash Xenoblade amiibo! Though now I’m sad that Elma and Rex missed their chance to get amiibo, lol…

That was my first thought. "Can't we get more Xenoblade amiibos?"

Are we sure Noa and Mia won't be Smash amiibo? Wink wink Smash Ultimate deluxe for Drake

Btw I am gonna preorder EVERYTHING about Xenoblade amiibo

Gah, I wish I paid better attention this weekend to Zelda restocks. Fingers crossed that's not the last wave.

It appears we'll be getting TotK Zelda and Ganondorf amiibo sometime in the future! They both have (currently unobtainable through official means) paraglider fabrics in Tears of the Kingdom, Princess Zelda and Gerudo King.

ChnBBhi.png

I think we all figured that Zelda and Ganondorf TotK Amiibos were coming. The Link Amiibo was announced before the final trailer where they showed off Zelda's and Ganondorf's new outfits. Announcing and producing Amiibo in time for release probably would have leaked those details so they opted to make them for later. Kind of how Disney didn't produce any merchandise for Baby Yoda before the Mandalorian was released for fear that his reveal would be leaked.

It appears we'll be getting TotK Zelda and Ganondorf amiibo sometime in the future! They both have (currently unobtainable through official means) paraglider fabrics in Tears of the Kingdom, Princess Zelda and Gerudo King.

ChnBBhi.png
I’ve been expecting TotK Zelda and Ganondorf amiibo eventually, but it’s great to have them essentially confirmed early!

Wonder if these are supposed to be 0419 and 041A…

ChnBBhi.png
I was surprised we were only getting one TotK amiibo. If more are coming I'm glad they decided to keep them for a future date, I don't want to have to buy many of them at a time.

Will Pyra and Mythra ever be available in Italy?

The Nintendo store is a good place to keep your eyes on: https://store.nintendo.it/it/games/enhance-your-play-games/amiibo

first time in the thread, but i have every physical amiibo and most of the cards.

i see there's a noah and mio amiibos announced in the opening of the thread. did i either miss or forget about these? or was that just speculation. seems pretty far out at this point from the game release and even final dlc...

first time in the thread, but i have every physical amiibo and most of the cards.

i see there's a noah and mio amiibos announced in the opening of the thread. did i either miss or forget about these? or was that just speculation. seems pretty far out at this point from the game release and even final dlc...
They announced them here:

Back
Top Bottom