• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic amiibo |ST|

Hey, does anyone have info about UK pre-orders for the Sora amiibo? I guess just checking store.nintendo.co.uk is the only answer? Does anyone else even officially sell amiibo in the UK?
I think it’s only the UK store that sells them now. Amazon and Game used to but I think it’s just the UK store now.
Only option atm seems like just waiting for them to put pre-orders up

Last edited:
I'm glad I got my Sora pre-order in. The full Smash Bros. Collection...a decade of collecting the line, and it's gonna be done for the foreseeable future. I wonder if I'll keep all of them long term - I don't have as much room for display and I don't have a good storage solution. Especially for the weapon wielding ones, those are showing their age and their not so good storage. But it'd be an end of an era either way I handle it.

Datamined from Splatoon 3, seems like we may be getting at least two Side Order amiibo!

Expected, but nice to have more concrete evidence regardless! I assume they’ll just be two new Agent 8 amiibo, probably?

amiibo never die!
glad I don't like Sora, I think it will be a pain in the *ss to get it lol

I can't wait for my Xenoblade 3 figures, on the other hand!

The Splatoon amiibo are great, but it's a bit sad that's the only non-Smash series that seems to be getting amiibo on a consistent basis these days. Would love to see them get a little more diverse with their choices. To their credit, Noah and Mio were an unexpected surprise.

The Splatoon amiibo are great, but it's a bit sad that's the only non-Smash series that seems to be getting amiibo on a consistent basis these days. Would love to see them get a little more diverse with their choices. To their credit, Noah and Mio were an unexpected surprise.
We consistently get new Zelda amiibo with new Zelda games, too! Plus they’ve been doing reprints of old amiibo from various series, which to many may as well be new releases since plenty of people missed their chance to get a lot of these amiibo when they were first released. So I think they’re keeping a good pace of new amiibo releases alongside reprints to not overwhelm everyone with too many new amiibo, though it would be nice to see more amiibo from more series for sure.

I also just wish more games were amiibo-compatible these days, and that the ones that are amiibo-compatible actually utilized them better and gave more interesting rewards like in the 3DS/Wii U days. I get that many people didn’t like it when cool stuff was exclusive to amiibo…but, like, Nintendo overcorrected from that way too much and now most amiibo functionality is pretty pointless, sadly…

Plus I never found things being locked behind amiibo to be particularly bad, anyway, because unlike DLC, you can actually physically share amiibo. (For example, my friends always hit me up for amiibo unlocks since my partner and I have a complete collection, so we’re basically like an amiibo library, lol.)

Last edited:
Hey, does anyone have info about UK pre-orders for the Sora amiibo? I guess just checking store.nintendo.co.uk is the only answer? Does anyone else even officially sell amiibo in the UK?
Pre-order for Sora is up on the UK store

Got my pre-order in as well... We're finally there... It's almost over...

3054685bb402104fb3fcfc0dcbe59188.gif

I was able to pre-order at Gamestop. The $7 shipping is a killer but I just want to have it and be done with it. While I don't think it will be uber rare or anything (at least right away), this is going to be one of the hardest amiibos to get at launch in a long time.

I was able to preorder in store at GameStop just now. Does anyone know how that usually goes? Haven't done an in store pre-order since Ness came out.

I know the usual guy who works there, and this wasn't him, and they knew nothing about what I was asking, but my receipt looks good.

Last edited:
I was able to preorder in store at GameStop just now. Does anyone know how that usually goes? Haven't done an in store pre-order since Ness came out
Just go in to pick it up once it releases. I believe they should hold it for you for a week after release before it’s canceled, so as long as you pick it up before then you’ll be fine.

Just go in to pick it up once it releases. I believe they should hold it for you for a week after release before it’s canceled, so as long as you pick it up before then you’ll be fine.

Awesome, thanks! I'm out of town on release day, so glad to hear they'll hold it for me a few days.

I was able to preorder in store at GameStop just now. Does anyone know how that usually goes? Haven't done an in store pre-order since Ness came out.

I know the usual guy who works there, and this wasn't him, and they knew nothing about what I was asking, but my receipt looks good.

Bring your receipt when you go pick it up. You will be asked the following questions.

• Do you want to sign up for our membership plan?
  • Are you sure? It only costs $xx and you will save xx% on pre-owned games and accessories.
  • Would you like to pre-order any games today?
  • Are you sure? Princess Peach: Showtime comes out next month.
  • Would you like to purchase a protection plan today?
  • Can I help you with anything else today?
  • Please fill out the survey online and let us know how we did.

Bring your receipt when you go pick it up. You will be asked the following questions.

• Do you want to sign up for our membership plan?
  • Are you sure? It only costs $xx and you will save xx% on pre-owned games and accessories.
  • Would you like to pre-order any games today?
  • Are you sure? Princess Peach: Showtime comes out next month.
  • Would you like to purchase a protection plan today?
  • Can I help you with anything else today?
  • Please fill out the survey online and let us know how we did.
Lol, I've been an expired member for over 10 years, so they usually laugh when they pull up my membership status when I buy something, and stop asking me questions.

Speculation of unreleased amiibo based on gaps in amiibo data (January 2024)
Oh boy, this is a big one for amiibo speculation.

RFqAaGY.png

In Character IDs Noah (2243) and Mio (2244) come right after Mythra (2242); no gap in the group of Xenoblade characters. They also both have the default Variant value (00), not that anyone would've expected otherwise. No surprises so far, but that immediately changes.

Line ID is 1B; which indicates a missing Line ID following the previous newest one (for Yu-Gi-Oh, 19), being 1A. In conjuction with the absent figure Product Code series between Monster Hunter Rise (AX--), and Xenoblade (AZ--), AY--, we can confirm an unannounced amiibo figure series. This would be from a game series that has not previously recieved an amiibo. As reference, here is the current list of both Line IDs and Product Codes (ignore the earlier gaps; those are another story we've discussed before):

Finally, Print IDs are 043D and 043E respectively, a MASSIVE gap following the Deep Cut amiibo. In conjuction with the unknown series explained above, there are definitely plenty of amiibo lining up for 2024-2025. Even filling in every known amiibo currently announced or leaked, we would not be able to fill all 13 current gaps (though it remains uncertain if 0416 and 0417 will ever be filled):
  • Sora amiibo (releasing in a few weeks, getting his Print ID will help a lot for further speculation).
  • Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong Power-Up Bands (probably the last two amiibo that could realistically fill 0416 and 0417, due to just how long they've been in the works for; releasing in a few months when Donkey Kong Country opens at Universal Japan).
  • Two unknown Splatoon 3 amiibo (datamined from Splatoon 3 itself; almost certainly Side Order characters; should probably be announced in the next Direct when Side Order gets a release date).
  • Toadette and Rosalina Power-Up Bands (datamined from the Universal Studios apps; don't seem to be releasing with Japan's Donkey Kong Country opening so should be a bit further out; maybe for Orlando's Super Nintendo World opening next year).
That's only 7, leaving up to 6 entirely unknown amiibo (should the Power-Up Bands fill the earliest available gaps), at least one of which being a figure from a series that currently has no amiibo.

RFqAaGY.png

In Character IDs Noah (2243) and Mio (2244) come right after Mythra (2242); no gap in the group of Xenoblade characters. They also both have the default Variant value (00), not that anyone would've expected otherwise. No surprises so far, but that immediately changes.

Line ID is 1B; which indicates a missing Line ID following the previous newest one (for Yu-Gi-Oh, 19), being 1A. In conjuction with the absent figure Product Code series between Monster Hunter Rise (AX--), and Xenoblade (AZ--), AY--, we can confirm an unannounced amiibo figure series. This would be from a game series that has not previously recieved an amiibo. As reference, here is the current list of both Line IDs and Product Codes (ignore the earlier gaps; those are another story we've discussed before):

Finally, Print IDs are 043D and 043E respectively, a MASSIVE gap following the Deep Cut amiibo. In conjuction with the unknown series explained above, there are definitely plenty of amiibo lining up for 2024-2025. Even filling in every known amiibo currently announced or leaked, we would not be able to fill all 13 current gaps (though it remains uncertain if 0416 and 0417 will ever be filled):
  • Sora amiibo (releasing in a few weeks, getting his Print ID will help a lot for further speculation).
  • Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong Power-Up Bands (probably the last two amiibo that could realistically fill 0416 and 0417, due to just how long they've been in the works for; releasing in a few months when Donkey Kong Country opens at Universal Japan).
  • Two unknown Splatoon 3 amiibo (datamined from Splatoon 3 itself; almost certainly Side Order characters; should probably be announced in the next Direct when Side Order gets a release date).
  • Toadette and Rosalina Power-Up Bands (datamined from the Universal Studios apps; don't seem to be releasing with Japan's Donkey Kong Country opening so should be a bit further out; maybe for Orlando's Super Nintendo World opening next year).
That's only 7, leaving up to 6 entirely unknown amiibo (should the Power-Up Bands fill the earliest available gaps), at least one of which being a figure from a series that currently has no amiibo.
Exciting stuff!! Let’s hope we get some answers soon, maybe with the next Direct… Though at this point, I have to wonder if this new series of amiibo is gonna be for a Switch game…or for a game on the Switch’s successor.

Well, Smash is done, so very curious what they still have open.
There’s still a possibility that we could potentially get some new “Player 2” or “Ultimate Ver.” variants for some fighters, as Sakurai had commented on the lack of before, though with a new, unknown series clearly existing as well it’s probably more likely that some of these spots are going to that rather than more Smash amiibo.

RFqAaGY.png

So what your really saying is my wallet is screwed, right?

Got Shulk in from Target this week and I just ordered Noah + Mio right now. Already have Pyra + Mythra, so that's a set, baby!

Things sure do escalate quickly with amiibo 😂

Shit, apparently I forgot to change my Noah and Mio amiibo order at Best Buy from shipping to in store (shipping was the only option when I ordered, but they’ll usually allow you to change it to store pickup later), so guess I’m not gonna be picking up those alongside Another Code: Recollection this morning and just gotta wait for them to get here whenever they arrive later today. Hopefully I don’t have the usual Best Buy shipping bad luck with them… At least I don’t care about the packaging since I’ll be opening them as usual so if that’s all bent up then it’s not a problem, lol.

Got my Xenomiibo today (got two double packs, I'll just get 2 out of every new release lately just to make sure they won't vanish on me), they look very nice~ Finally a new Base, too.

Tho with only Sora remaining as announced Amiibo, I demand, DEMAND I say, that the'll announce new Amiibo soon.
I assume it's too late for a possible Peach Amiibo

Ohhhh maaaann! I just got Noah and Mio right this second. Best Buy actually shipped them out in a day.

Deep down I'm still somewhat peeved at the price tag ($39.99; come on, Nintendo!), but the detail on these amiibo is something else. The jackets and the boots and their faces and the hair... they look SO GOOD and I'm happy to have them. Can't recommend them enough to fans of the series.

There’s still a possibility that we could potentially get some new “Player 2” or “Ultimate Ver.” variants for some fighters, as Sakurai had commented on the lack of before, though with a new, unknown series clearly existing as well it’s probably more likely that some of these spots are going to that rather than more Smash amiibo.
Well, interestingly, similar to how Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta had alternative amiibo, it's possible Ike might've had one planned at some point too.

image.png

Ike has two entries with the same "upper" ID. Similar to the other characters previously mentioned. And those entries have been that way since launch, which is even more interesting.

Also interestingly, Link also got a new ui_amiibo_db.prc entry in the beginning of Fighters Pass Vol. 2. It could be a placeholder entry for Sora, but this entry resides just before Min Min. So it definitely makes this entry stand out a bit.

We'll have to see if Nintendo actually does alt-Smash amiibo. Would be a fun thing to make my wallet cry with.

Well, interestingly, similar to how Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta had alternative amiibo, it's possible Ike might've had one planned at some point too.

image.png

Ike has two entries with the same "upper" ID. Similar to the other characters previously mentioned. And those entries have been that way since launch, which is even more interesting.

Also interestingly, Link also got a new ui_amiibo_db.prc entry in the beginning of Fighters Pass Vol. 2. It could be a placeholder entry for Sora, but this entry resides just before Min Min. So it definitely makes this entry stand out a bit.

We'll have to see if Nintendo actually does alt-Smash amiibo. Would be a fun thing to make my wallet cry with.
As much as I’d love to believe this could be a hint at some new variant amiibo, in Ike’s case, it may just be because his amiibo specifically defaults to the Radiant Dawn version of him rather than the Path of Radiance one that’s his default appearance in Ultimate, and that’s one of the few amiibo to do something like that, along with the Player 2 Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta, Inkling Boy, Isabelle (Winter Outfit), and Link (Link’s Awakening). And it looks like that new entry for Link was added shortly after the Link’s Awakening amiibo released, which would explain that, too. Given that, there should also be second entries for Inkling and Isabelle as well. Do you have a source that lists all of these amiibo entries so we can confirm that? (Also, I’m just curious to see the full list myself, lol.)

So, if anything, I think the oddity with the currently unused Ike amiibo entry is likely just a matter of future proofing, in case a Path of Radiance Ike amiibo was ever released (whether Smash series or Fire Emblem series), and/or just left like that because the Ike amiibo is unique in that it’s the only amiibo for a fighter that scans in as a non-default alt that doesn’t also have another amiibo for the same fighter available that does scan in as the default appearance.

Of course, that doesn’t mean that new variant Smash amiibo can’t still happen, but I wouldn’t say this is necessarily evidence pointing towards that happening, unfortunately.

sakurai literally said that they weren't doing player 2 amiibo for ultimate
I can’t remember which video it was that he said this in so I don’t have the exact quote on hand right now, but I’m pretty certain he said something along the lines of “it would be nice if these existed” while also acknowledging there are currently no plans, almost as if he’s hinting at something that could potentially happen in the future (and something that he personally wishes would happen) provided Nintendo would green light it. Regardless, it was in no way a denial of it ever happening, and clearly Sakurai has interest in the idea. Just because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it won’t happen at all, and if it ever does happen, it would make a lot of sense to do it sometime after the Sora amiibo is released, because then there will be no more amiibo for new fighters to release, so if they wanted to keep releasing Smash Bros. series amiibo before the next Smash game, variant amiibo would be their only option.

I can’t remember which video it was that he said this in so I don’t have the exact quote on hand right now, but I’m pretty certain he said something along the lines of “it would be nice if these existed” while also acknowledging there are currently no plans, almost as if he’s hinting at something that could potentially happen in the future (and something that he personally wishes would happen) provided Nintendo would green light it. Regardless, it was in no way a denial of it ever happening, and clearly Sakurai has interest in the idea. Just because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it won’t happen at all, and if it ever does happen, it would make a lot of sense to do it sometime after the Sora amiibo is released, because then there will be no more amiibo for new fighters to release, so if they wanted to keep releasing Smash Bros. series amiibo before the next Smash game, variant amiibo would be their only option.

sakurai speaks about it in the presentation video for min min:

Masahiro Sakurai said:
As for amiibo in the Super Smash Bros. series, we've already released the amiibo figures for the main game's fighters. Including the ones made for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, all fighters are now available as amiibo. However, some fighters like Zelda and Ganondorf have their designs from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, so it's too bad that we will not have updated versions. Ahh, what a shame. But we've released them all. Every. Last. One.

he's talking about how, after the release of the richter and dark samus amiibo back in byleth's video, there are amiibo for all of the base game characters in ultimate. he just talks about how he's relieved to have done that and isn't teasing any player 2 amiibo for smash 4 characters at all, especially considering that the wording of the quote was written with the intent to tease there being amiibo for the dlc characters which he shows seconds after

Quoted by: Tye
sakurai speaks about it in the presentation video for min min:

he's talking about how, after the release of the richter and dark samus amiibo back in byleth's video, there are amiibo for all of the base game characters in ultimate. he just talks about how he's relieved to have done that and isn't teasing any player 2 amiibo for smash 4 characters at all, especially considering that the wording of the quote was written with the intent to tease there being amiibo for the dlc characters which he shows seconds after
It wasn’t teasing their existence, no, and I didn’t claim that was the case (just that he could be drawing attention to it as something he’d like to see done in the future), but it is extremely odd for him to even bring up the situation with some fighters like Zelda and Ganondorf that don’t have amiibo of their Ultimate versions, and then lament that fact, when it has nothing to do with the following announcement of amiibo being made for the DLC fighters. And regardless of how you read it, it clearly shows that Sakurai wishes new amiibo for those characters could be made. It’s something he would like to see happen, just as he said he’d like to see someone port Kid Icarus: Uprising. It doesn’t mean it will happen, but it shows that Sakurai wants it to happen, and it very well could end up happening. And it absolutely doesn’t mean that it won’t happen, either.

RFqAaGY.png

the reaction from @Paraspikey to this information be like:
tenor.gif

NGL I would like some characters to get Ultimate-ified amiibos cause some of the Smash 4 poses are really, really dumb. Or just boring. Sometimes even both, like Samus!
A few of the returning characters from 4 who didn't change designs feel like their poses were made without the restriction of needing a new amiibo though, like Mario and Sonic who are airborne and would need significant supports. Man that Sonic pose would be cool though...

Here’s Noah and Mio, the duo that has brought us to 850 currently released amiibo in total!

GEeFZDPa4AEA3qP

I’ve been wanting to post a photo of these since Friday but I was hoping to be able to catch a nice sunset as a background as a way to somewhat visually imitate their Ouroboros Interlink scene from the game with a real life backdrop, but unfortunately it’s been too overcast here the past few days for that, so after awhile I just decided to give up on that idea and resort to something else instead, lol.

NGL I would like some characters to get Ultimate-ified amiibos cause some of the Smash 4 poses are really, really dumb. Or just boring. Sometimes even both, like Samus!
A few of the returning characters from 4 who didn't change designs feel like their poses were made without the restriction of needing a new amiibo though, like Mario and Sonic who are airborne and would need significant supports. Man that Sonic pose would be cool though...
I think even in the most unlikely scenario of them revisiting some of the characters, they'd just do character that had designs completely changed between Smash4 and Ultimate (the Zelda characters, Star Fox characters, etc); -- Really doubt they'd do just alternate poses for characters like Mario and Sonic that had nothing changed design-wise between games.

I think even in the most unlikely scenario of them revisiting some of the characters, they just do character that had designs completely changed between Smash4 and Ultimate (the Zelda characters, Star Fox characters, etc); -- Really doubt they'd do just alternate poses for characters like Mario and Sonic that had nothing changed design-wise between games.
Yeah, most likely, but it sure would be nice to get a Captain Falcon amiibo where he's not doing the weirdest kick of all time.

Finally got the Shiver and Frye amiibos. Big Man arrives tomorrow. Idk why I bother buying the Splatoon series amiibo anymore, I dropped Splatoon months ago. I guess other than Kirby it's the only other series I'm ever close to completing. Have some low res pics because I don't know how to operate a camera:
image.png
image.png
Interestingly, I think these amiibos are the first ones I've owned with the new generic back of the box! Though I'm sure I'm late to the party on that.

Finally got the Shiver and Frye amiibos. Big Man arrives tomorrow.
Big Man never arrived. Best Buy sold me something they didn't actually have in the warehouse and they cancelled the order. Apparently I'm only getting refunded the price of the amiibo, they're keeping the $5 I paid in shipping! Smh. Got scalped for $10 extra dollars on Amazon for one. Hopefully it actually arrives.

I just wish they'd do more reprints of some of the older Smash Amiibo, or hell, even do half the reprinting that Europe and especially Japan get in the US. The world got a major Zelda and Fire Emblem restock, meanwhile we JUST got Marth and Corrin P2 before Zelda became a nightmare of pre-ordering for the Zelda series and never saw the SSB Zeldas come back.

I'm also frustrated the newer Ultimate Amiibo got super small print runs and have shot up in price with no chance at a reprint. The DLC is thankfully getting some reprints, but the initial Ultimate runs were in and out super quick.

Finally, my set of Splatoon amiibos are once again complete. Big Man is appropriately fucking HUGE. Didn't expect the box to be so big lmao
IMG_20240130_113259376.jpg

Bonus points to anyone who can guess what's printed on my mousepad.

Surprised no one’s posted about the Golden Power-Up Band finally being made available at Universal Studios Hollywood soon!

Surprised no one’s posted about the Golden Power-Up Band finally being made available at Universal Studios Hollywood soon!

If you don't mind me asking, what is the amiibo functionality of a Power-Up Band? Does the Nintendo Switch system see them as an amiibo of the character depicted, or a generic amiibo that does nothing but give you random items in games like Tears of the Kingdom?

Also, while I'm here, Super Mario Cereal - is is classified as a Card or a Figure? (And now I'm wondering if "amiibo Card" or "amiibo card" is the correct styling- based on the North American packaging and official site it's "amiibo card", and a figure is an "amiibo figure", no capital, but a Figure Player IS capitalised. Nintendo brand management why I ougtta!)

If you don't mind me asking, what is the amiibo functionality of a Power-Up Band? Does the Nintendo Switch system see them as an amiibo of the character depicted, or a generic amiibo that does nothing but give you random items in games like Tears of the Kingdom?
They have character data like any other amiibo, so they’ll generally work for any game that is is coded to recognize that character, though it can vary depending on how the game in question has coded its amiibo support. In other words, yes, a Mario Power-Up Band will scan as Mario, a Toad Power-Up Band will scan as Toad, etc. And the Golden Power-Up Band also scans as Mario.

Also, while I'm here, Super Mario Cereal - is is classified as a Card or a Figure? (And now I'm wondering if "amiibo Card" or "amiibo card" is the correct styling- based on the North American packaging and official site it's "amiibo card", and a figure is an "amiibo figure", no capital, but a Figure Player IS capitalised. Nintendo brand management why I ougtta!)
I missed your edit when I made my last reply, so I’ll answer this now as well—technically, Super Mario Cereal is a card! That’s how it’s coded, at least, and it makes sense considering the material it’s made from. Though it’s not officially referred to as an amiibo card.

Also, “amiibo cards” is correct, yes. And “Figure Player” is specifically a Smash Bros. thing, so that’s kind of a different matter anyway.

I missed your edit when I made my last reply, so I’ll answer this now as well—technically, Super Mario Cereal is a card! That’s how it’s coded, at least, and it makes sense considering the material it’s made from. Though it’s not officially referred to as an amiibo card.

Also, “amiibo cards” is correct, yes. And “Figure Player” is specifically a Smash Bros. thing, so that’s kind of a different matter anyway.
Sorry for making it an edit rather than a new message, didn't want to cause too much noise!

Thanks for the replies.

Quoted by: Tye
Sorry for making it an edit rather than a new message, didn't want to cause too much noise!

Thanks for the replies.
No need to apologize for anything, you’re fine! And don’t worry about double posting here or anything like that either, it’s no big deal, lol. I mean, have you seen how some users post in other threads like the General Nintendo Discussion thread? =P I always appreciate a bump to this thread, anyway!

Back
Top Bottom