• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic amiibo |ST|

BestBuy Listings pages going up (not live yet):

$40 for the Noah/Mio dual pack is crazy

I was able to pre-order both Ganondorf and Zelda at Best Buy so I'm hoping there are no shenanigans when I go to pick them up.

Ganondorf being $4 more is baloney though. I'm going to take some responsibility because while I'm balking at the price, I still pre-ordered. Nintendo knows what it's doing.

Anyone from the uk registered interest in the Zelda amiibo?
I tried but never got the email and it gets an error saying it sent the email so I can’t do it again.
Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem?

I tried but never got the email and it gets an error saying it sent the email so I can’t do it again.

It absolutely refused to actually send me an email to my Gmail for some reason so I had to use a different one, which worked fine. So might be worth trying another email if you've got one handy!

I have the exact same problem.

Actually, I didn't receive the confirmation email from them for my order of the Noah and Mio amiibo either, but the order is definitely on the webpage as having gone through, so they've really screwed something up in their email servers, I think.

I hope my emails come through. I can see the amiibo listings on the site, but I won't let me order them.
Yeah for now you have to have had a link from your email to order them.
If it’s like last time they’ll let everyone order them tomorrow

Yeah for now you have to have had a link from your email to order them.
If it’s like last time they’ll let everyone order them tomorrow
Either customer service fixed my glitched registration or the amiibo are now up for general preorder. Either way I've now placed my order. Though the website glitched out immediately after and claimed I didn't have any orders. Now where's them Splatoon amiibo?

If you couldn't register interest at the My Nintendo Stores due to the Gmail bug, the Zelda and Ganondorf Amiibo are available on Amazon.de

www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0C8Y7X37L/
Ganondorf

www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0C8Y1FDFX/
Zelda

Pricing is ... interesting, both show up for 30€. Either they change the price close to release to what they actually should cost ... or they're trying to rip people off.

Zelda

Pricing is ... interesting, both show up for 30€. Either they change the price close to release to what they actually should cost ... or they're trying to rip people off.

If it's anything like the Link totk amiibo, they're not going to drop it, those were listed for £30/€30 as well, and promptly sold out.

The Zelda and Ganondorf amiibo are now available to preorder for everyone on the UK Nintendo website. Zelda is £12.99 and Ganon £17.99 (he's chonky).

I've ordered mine as an early Christmas present.

Just a heads up , the splatoon Deep Cut triple pack is available to preorder, at least on the uk nintendo store. Release date is the 17th of November , price is £39. It's rude of nintendo to drop two big sets of amiibo so close to each other during peak game release period lol but what can you do.

Haven’t been active here lately but I finally got around to updating the OP.

And I’ll just drop this here too since no one else posted the video yet:

Btw I received notice yesterday from Nintendo irish store my order of Tears Zelda and Ganon is shipped.

Got mine! I didn't have the forethought to take pics before I took them out the box lol

20231103_132348.jpg

20231103_132630.jpg

20231103_132650.jpg

Got mine! I didn't have the forethought to take pics before I took them out the box lol
I got you. Pick these up at Best Buy this morning and got my steps in.

IMG-0768.jpg

IMG-0770.jpg

I don’t take these out of the box because I’m preserving their value even though I’ll never sell them. It doesn’t make sense, but here we are.

I got you. Pick these up at Best Buy this morning and got my steps in.

IMG-0768.jpg

IMG-0770.jpg

I don’t take these out of the box because I’m preserving their value even though I’ll never sell them. It doesn’t make sense, but here we are.

Beautiful! 😍

Deep Cut are finally here!

TjbNsp3.png

Even with all of the gaps in the current reasonable range there still isn’t enough to fit every currently known upcoming amiibo (Power-Up Band Wave 2, Noah and Mio, Sora). The Xenoblade amiibo also have the product codes AZ--, meaning there should be another new series introduced somewhere between Monster Hunter Rise and it. Every new mystery solved with amiibo just opens up more, lol.

I forgot to take a pic of Tears of the Kingdom Zelda and Ganondorf amiibo when they released, so here are those along with the new Deep Cut amiibo!

F_Vkj0vbUAArWZB
F_Vkj0uacAARf7p

Big Man is HUGE!! Definitely the widest amiibo released so far, aside from the Super Mario Cereal box, lol. Though it might be about tied with the Guardian amiibo; I can’t quite tell which is wider, lol. (I guess technically the Guardian amiibo can be wider depending on how the legs are positioned…)

Last edited:
Clearer pictures of the two new power-up bands here:

88707_04.jpg

88707_03.jpg

I guess the Rosalina and Toadette bands will be saved for a "wave 3" sometime in the future.

Clearer pictures of the two new power-up bands here:

88707_04.jpg

88707_03.jpg
Huh, kinda interesting that they changed the palette of Diddy's logo from Tropical Freeze. Makes sense, always felt like the blue was for gameplay clarity rather than fitting with Diddy's design. I like it being inverted from DK's logo, fits well with his star pattern.
DD_Barrel.png

Had no idea he was being reprinted, or maybe I just forgot. Releases alongside the XC3 pack in January. Lucky for me, I REALLY WANTED SHULK!

After three years, I finally managed to get the Joker amiibo and with that (until Sorra is released), my Smash collection has come to a close...

These new DK Power-Up Bands (plus the inevitable Rosalina and Toadette ones whenever they release) should be a good reminder to the people who think that amiibo are going to be “done” and that Nintendo will stop making them soon (which seems to be becoming an increasingly common belief, especially with the Sora amiibo release finally in sight) that that is absolutely not the case. These Power-Up Bands are going to continue to be an integral part of Super Nintendo World for the foreseeable future, with at least two more expected to release even after the Donkey Kong expansion opens next year, and given the fact that they all double as amiibo I think it’s safe to say that amiibo aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. The Switch successor will undoubtedly have NFC support and we’ll still continue to see new amiibo released periodically.

Noooo I missed it. Sora's the last I need from the smash line. Best buy was always my most successful, so I'm not super optimistic, but I'll have to be ever vigilant.

Quoted by: Tye
Noooo I missed it. Sora's the last I need from the smash line. Best buy was always my most successful, so I'm not super optimistic, but I'll have to be ever vigilant.
It might still come back in stock at Best Buy before release! And if not, they generally open more online orders the night before release, too.

Target wants to charge me $4.99 shipping and no store pick up option, bleh.
Better than GameStop, at least, lol. Though Best Buy is always best here when it comes to amiibo.

Hey, does anyone have info about UK pre-orders for the Sora amiibo? I guess just checking store.nintendo.co.uk is the only answer? Does anyone else even officially sell amiibo in the UK?

Back
Top Bottom