• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Reviews Xenoblade Chronicles 3 | Review Thread (see staff post)

The 89 club includes Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Xenoblade DE, and 3D World + Bowser Fury.

The 90 club is Animal Crossing and Bayonetta 1 + 2.

People also didn't take to Souls game for the longest time. It took going multiplat, a PC release, a fan patch and a lot of time for DS1 to sell 5 million. Then DS3 got to 10, and now ER is at 20.

Obviously Xeno doesn't have the advantage of being multiplatform so this process is going to be slower, although being an exclusive also helps bring attention and marketing from the console manufacturers. More than anything, it all comes down to word of mouth. What Souls fans and Xeno fans have in common is their ravenous love and advocacy for the games. Looking at the reviews and glowing impressions from long time fans, I'm certain Xeno 3 will hit 3 million in its first year and slowly get to 4 million. Who knows, maybe even 5. Let's also not forget that Xenoblade is the only open world JRPG series in the market right now. Being open world definitely helped ER and it will definitely help Xenoblade 3 and whatever else MonolithSoft makes next.
I definitely do no believe the game can get to 5M with its gameplay style. there aren't that many JRPGs that do as far as I know. if Xenoblade 4 goes real-time, then it has a chance

I definitely do no believe the game can get to 5M with its gameplay style. there aren't that many JRPGs that do as far as I know. if Xenoblade 4 goes real-time, then it has a chance
If they keep improving the battle system and working on making it easier for newcomers it shouldn’t be a limit of the sales of the franchise and in any case it will help due to uniqueness and high quality.

It’s as much an ARPG as FFVIIR is imo

Maybe 3 is, I'm on blackout, but the rest of the series? Nah, it kinda presents itself that way, but it's still a complete and absolute die roller. There aren't even any hitboxes for combat, cause it calculates hits and misses with rolls, not collision.

It's on the way. It's on the way. The A4 notebook is on the way. Also the game.

My Nintendo Store really is good these days. A quality service and good information for paying customers? Okay, who are you and what have you done with Nintendo?

The 89 club includes Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Xenoblade DE, and 3D World + Bowser Fury.

The 90 club is Animal Crossing and Bayonetta 1 + 2.

funny thing is all of those 89s are still above this if you look at the all time rankings on there so if what people are saying about this being at like a 89.6 is true they all must have been really close to 90

funny thing is all of those 89s are still above this if you look at the all time rankings on there so if what people are saying about this being at like a 89.6 is true they all must have been really close to 90
It isn't at 89.6 on Metacritic. Some critic publications are weighed differently then others. If Xenoblade 3 would be truly at 89.6 they would have already round it up to 90. It could be on anything from 88.5 to 89.4

@Dunban & @Crusters

Thanks for responding on my previous comment. As I don't want to offrail the discussion here too much further I refrain for going in depth. That said, if people do not mind I don't mind adding my two cents on what you stated as there has been some things I worded poorly or said poorly so I agree with that. Though, overall I feel that the discussion will not go anywhere further as we won't agree anyway. I still stand on the gist of my story/narrative :).

That said, to go back on topic. I am working half a day tomorrow to have an almost full weekend on Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I am really excited for the magnum opus and from everything I heard it seems to be super addicting so looking forward to it :D. Almost finished LIVE A LIVE as well so that is good.

Well these reviews are telling me I need this. So I’ve placed an order, and I’ll get it early next week. I saw it was starting to sell out the usual places I buy games.

I think it's confirmed: This game should receive Best Original Soundtrack.
it has to, there's absolutely no way anything else will come close.
Then again, Fire emblem three houses didn't even get nominated in 2019 and they gave the award to death stranding, so I'm expecting some nonsense to happen.

It isn't at 89.6 on Metacritic. Some critic publications are weighed differently then others. If Xenoblade 3 would be truly at 89.6 they would have already round it up to 90. It could be on anything from 88.5 to 89.4
If you calculate all the scores so far, it's actually 89.6 but as u said, some sites are weighted more than others so that's why it ain't changed. Unfortunate lol

A 89 on metacritic will limit our enjoyment from the game and severely impact our health.
This is science!
Absolutely.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and when she asks me if I have been feeling stressed lately I will reply: "Well, let me tell you about this epic new JRPG that is sitting at 89 in Metacritic because of a bunch of uncultured fools when it should really be a 90."

It’s as much an ARPG as FFVIIR is imo
Wh, FF7R is more on action with a half assed pause system. Incredibly twitchy especially with bosses and actions. Except worse cause it’s a half added action rpg IMO.

Xenoblade plays more like an MMO style system, like 12, but more involved. Hot bar, cool downs, auto attack, auto defend, auto evade. Only thing that is real time - and to a point - is that like an MMO, positioning

OK, time for daily check on Xenoblade 3 metacritic score ... dangit!

Aside, but its weird to me that "PC games" and "PC Mag" also review console games, much less switch titles. Just feels like thats not what their audience would be there for? Meanwhile, there is def no lack of actual games on PC to review 🤔

Game Awards did not even award it to Octopath lol

Award will go to old man playing western stock music from western movies or the stock viking horns in God of War.

6o7nes.jpg

Award will go to old man playing western stock music from western movies or the stock viking horns in God of War.
I was just about to jump in here and say that, despite having heard nothing of the music in God of War: Ragnarok, I feel like that's going to get the music award. It's a big budget game with a slightly different soundscape to other big budget games.

I get that this is a Nintendo board and all, and I'm with you all that XC2 was robbed by the TGAs, but Red Dead Redemption 2 and God of War both had killer OSTs. They absolutely deserved their nominations and respective wins.

RDR2’s score kicked ass though. You couldn’t pay me to recall any of God of Wars music.

RDR2’s score kicked ass though. You couldn’t pay me to recall any of God of Wars music.
It's not that it was bad. I love western genre music.... BUT, it's the same shit I've heard dozens of times. Turn on any western movie from the past 60 years, and well, you get the idea.

My copy of xb3 is now in my state. waiting for tomorrow, and it still says on time.

I..... I think I might actually get it on release day.

I get that this is a Nintendo board and all, and I'm with you all that XC2 was robbed by the TGAs, but Red Dead Redemption 2 and God of War both had killer OSTs. They absolutely deserved their nominations and respective wins.
I don't remember a single part of God of War's soundtrack; one standout aspect I remember is Christopher Judge's performance in the game. Maybe I should give the soundtrack a listen sometime. Never played RDR2, though.
I just got tracking information. My copy has shipped!
Mine's on the way... to my parent's house in England, where I'll be next week. Gives me a few more days to try and complete Live Alive.

Mitsuda is an incredible composer, Xeno 2 soundtrack is great but please, God of War music is stunning, best soundtrack from 2018 imho.

RDR2 is great too, but not my style, not the kind of soundtrack that wins awards either except from 2 or 3 songs, because it's more focused in ambience music.

This is ridiculously dismissive of the work people did on those games, both have really good soundtracks.

Guys, it's possible for people to have subjective tastes and not like award-winning music. It doesn't need to turn into a pile on.

edit - we also are in the review thread and again, things are bending away from the point of the thread.

Mitsuda is an incredible composer, Xeno 2 soundtrack is great but please, God of War music is stunning, best soundtrack from 2018 imho.

RDR2 is great too, but not my style, not the kind of soundtrack that wins awards either except from 2 or 3 songs, because it's more focused in ambience music.
I guess it depends on what you want out of a soundtrack. I'm sure the GOW soundtrack is well-done, but I don't remember it at all. Anytime a videogame soundtrack sounds very similar to a movie soundtrack I kind of check out and don't pay much attention anymore.

This is ridiculously dismissive of the work people did on those games, both have really good soundtracks.
Not dismissive. Soundtrack is good, but I’ve also listens to variations of it countless times as a big western movie buff.

Sorry not sorry :p

Edit to sound less of an arse:

I did like the soundtrack, and I even gave it a listen to earlier today, but it was good but not surprising. If westerns had stayed dead, maybe I’d feel different. But since Unforgiven came out and brought them back to life, we have gotten constant westerns films and shows again, and while beautiful soundtracks, they offer nothing surprising as they all have the same root melodies and soundscapes of the genre. That’s not a bad thing. It’s part of what makes a western a western and I love it.

But it’s not surprising. I listen to what they pulled off with the XB3 soundtrack, and I am delighted and surprised. Same with Octopath. Same with XB2.

Last edited:
Just got the tracking number for my Special Edition. Arrives Aug 2 according to shipping info.

Don't you know the better way to show appreciation for something is being very dismissive of its "competition"?

Please see the threadmarked staff post. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom