• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been logged in and out a few times now. I’m also glad I’ve heard no one has been successful yet since we all still have a chance.

xenoblade2-zeke.gif

I'm not even going to bother, though I will try to get a copy of the inevitable Japanese materials book (like Alrest Records). But I wanted to wish everyone good luck and I'm sorry if you don't manage to get one.

I’ve got the first two’s art books, one way or another I need to complete that set.
I feel like it's fairly likely the artbook will eventualy be sold on its own later, like the first 2 (with even more content too). Although I understand that you wouldn't want to take the risk.

Well... I can make it to the checkout page, but the USPS validator plugin doesn't seem to working, and I can't select a state from the dropdown

Their "source" is a tweet pointing out that it's true for Europe back in May. As far as I can tell this isn't confirmed at all, though it'd be weird if NA got it before Japan.
It says it right on the NA page under shipping notice.

Their "source" is a tweet pointing out that it's true for Europe back in May. As far as I can tell this isn't confirmed at all, though it'd be weird if NA got it before Japan.
The NA special edition page says
The physical edition of the game is scheduled to ship by July 29, 2022. The remaining Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Special Edition contents will ship in fall 2022.

Their store is interesting right now. I can access the page fine on my desktop but not my phone. On my desktop, it says the item limit is reached to prevent me from even ordering 1 - but that's true of every account-limited item at the moment.

Seems they're checking out something with the limit system, or they just took away the ability to buy any limited item while they fix whatever's going on.

Their store is interesting right now. I can access the page fine on my desktop but not my phone. On my desktop, it says the item limit is reached to prevent me from even ordering 1 - but that's true of every account-limited item at the moment.

Seems they're checking out something with the limit system, or they just took away the ability to buy any limited item while they fix whatever's going on.
Mine finally allows me to stay logged in and refreshes instantly...buuuut the pre-order button is greyed out.

I refreshed my cart, saw the CE sitting there, then had Wario pop up. We're close to being able to buy it.

I just got placed back in the queue on refresh…
Right before that happened to me, one of my refreshes had the "This item is currently unavailable. Please check back soon." text, and the disclaimer about the shipping time was in red underneath the pre-order button as well as the normal black above the item description.

Still couldn't buy it though. You can't but anything right now, not even a t-shirt.

Seems the waiting room is actually working now. I don't think it was supposed to be letting us in at all before.

That doesn't mean we're close to it actually working, but it's interesting that the queue always made me wait a similar amount of time before now.

I don’t know if I’d be more mad or happy at this point if they just said you know what let’s try again next week when our website isn’t on fire. The sunk cost keeps me going…

So.... has anybody heard of anybody getting one successfully yet?

Someone from ResetEra managed to book it and showed the receipts, but I believe it only worked during the first 30 seconds or so, before everything collapsed.

I like Nintendo's idea of trying to control stock to hold back scalpers. They need to work on the backend part of the website though.

I wonder how many copies are being made of the SE?

I wish I was that optimistic. I'm pretty sure they are only doing this because the last-minute delay of Splatoon 3 (and the subsequent reschedule of XC3) messed their plans for the collector's edition.

If from now on Nintendo sells these editions through their website then you are right, but we'll see. In that case, though, they still have lots of things to improve. Like we all knew this was going to happen and yet here we are. And for us in Europe it's even worse: pre-orders will start in late July. Like what?

Last edited:
I accidentally hit refresh on the page I waited 35 minutes on. I think the dream might be dead for me…

There has clearly been some severe underestimation on the desire for SE from Nintendo.

Either that or they sent the IT department into a suicide mission because some executive couldn't justify a budget increase.

I wonder how much money Nintendo has lost/is losing/will lose because Xenodweebs broke their website and prevented/are preventing/will continue to prevent normal people from being able to buy anything

I think the waiting room is just to minimize traffic while they work on things; I kinda doubt it'll be a first in first served deal.
Hope so. I have the LE’s for every Xenoblade game. I’d hate to miss this one.

It's wild to think we have gone from "Xenoblade will never be released in the West" to its fans being able to take down Nintendo's store due to crazy high demand for a Special Edition.

It's wild to think we have gone from "Xenoblade will never be released in the West" to its fans being able to take down Nintendo's store due to crazy high demand for a Special Edition.

I think we can confirm that Operation Rainfall was a success.

Every time the screen briefly changes with its auto-refresh, Nintendo gives me a little hope. And then they immediately take it away. It's the ultimate form of 'Gotcha!'.

In fact, 'Gotcha!' was probably a mini-game on Everybody's 1-2 Switch and that's why it play tested so poorly because Nintendo's been playing that game with us for years lol

It seems like some were able to purchase by modifying the cart page to remove the maintenance window using Chrome DevTools; but then Nintendo blocked the method by adding the cart page to the queue.

They need to delay the pre-orders and give us a date and time for when it's coming back up
This would have been the best option. Now I'm curious how long Nintendo is willing keep their Store offline.

EDIT:

2-3 more hours supposedly
u/Raizelnim365
I just got off the phone with Nintendo customer service and they say their current estimate is 2-3 more hours

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom