• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The preorder opened in the middle of my work day. Queue systems suck if you only have a phone available.

I think they bunked this as well; every store.nintendo.com link I'm finding either 502's or throws a cache error. Seems I missed that method by minutes.

Also, the fact that y'all keep finding workarounds cannot be speeding this up for the rest of us :p

The old store.nintendo.com is properly under maintenance as well now, so it can't be worked around to get to the cart.

The old store.nintendo.com is properly under maintenance as well now, so it can't be worked around to get to the cart.
Yeah, looks like the exploit has been completely shut down now.

I ordered mine about 50 minutes ago and still haven’t received a confirmation email. The order status switched from “waiting capture” to “processing” a few minutes before the site was shut down, so hopefully I didn’t get screwed by the timing here…

It was a very long process and wait, but I am so grateful I got my special edition order in! I've kept myself from watching anything about the game aside from the reveal trailers, I cannot WAIT to get my hands on it!

Yeah, looks like the exploit has been completely shut down now.

I ordered mine about 50 minutes ago and still haven’t received a confirmation email. The order status switched from “waiting capture” to “processing” a few minutes before the site was shut down, so hopefully I didn’t get screwed by the timing here…
I finally got my confirmation email after over an hour. Phew. Best of luck to everyone else trying to get one!

Anyone know if this will arrive on launch day even if I did manage to get one? Thankfully I got in during the window where those workarounds were effective but now I'm noticing that it's "standard" shipping

They took down the SE page entirely now. My cart also appears to be empty despite having it in there earlier, though I still can't actually access the cart page.
Anyone know if this will arrive on launch day even if I did manage to get one? Thankfully I got in during the window where those workarounds were effective but now I'm noticing that it's "standard" shipping
They said it'd ship by the 29th, which is rather unclear. That's just the standard copy, of course, with the rest coming later.

Oh noes…

The page no longer has an add to cart button, and I’ve been waiting for the page to let me put it in… I never even got to add it to cart.

Oh noes…

The page no longer has an add to cart button, and I’ve been waiting for the page to let me put it in… I never even got to add it to cart.
The page that had that button no longer exists. If you mean the "release TBD" button page, that was a placeholder listing that was redirecting to the listing that went up today but no longer does since that page is gone.

Edit: to be more clear, https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/xenoblade-chronicles-3-special-edition-114559-3/ was the listing that worked for a couple people and is the one Nintendo tweeted out today. This page no longer exists.

is the listing that Nintendo put up after the release date trailer. You've never been able to buy from this page. It was redirecting to the other listing for most of today, but is now showing the dummy listing again.

Quoted by: SiG
The page that had that button no longer exists. If you mean the "release TBD" button page, that was a placeholder listing that was redirecting to the listing that went up today but no longer does since that page is gone.

Edit: to be more clear, https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/xenoblade-chronicles-3-special-edition-114559-3/ was the listing that worked for a couple people and is the one Nintendo tweeted out today. This page no longer exists.

is the listing that Nintendo put up after the release date trailer. You've never been able to buy from this page. It was redirecting to the other listing for most of today, but is now showing the dummy listing again.
So… am I screwed?

It’s been a very busy day for me, and I had to go get some license plates and renew driver’s license from two very far locations. I tried to stay as long as I could to at least be able to “add” a copy to cart, but to no avail. I feel bummed.

So… am I screwed?

It’s been a very busy day for me, and I had to go get some license plates and renew driver’s license from two very far locations. I tried to stay as long as I could to at least be able to “add” a copy to cart, but to no avail. I feel bummed.
I sincerely doubt they sold through the majority of them, let alone all of them.

Rest easy, everybody. I can say with the confidence of a straight white man that this is not the end.

The only people who were able to secure a copy were the lucky few who snagged it in the first 30 seconds that it went live and those who glitched their way to success.

There is no way that even a company with as spotty of an online sales record as Nintendo leaves it as-is. They’ve publicly acknowledged issues via Twitter and have not said they were resolved.

Besides, with the delayed shipping of the limited edition goods, they are not as beholden to immediate shipment and can do additional runs if needed.

This all could just be smoking the hopium, though.

They should’ve saved the trouble and the outrage from dans by saying something shortly after the site crashed lol. Like it was an easy thing to do to not make yourself look bad.

Granted everyone will forget about this and again they’ll have a preorder like this, leading to probably the same issues.

Nintendo will never learn to not Ghost people and fans so often.

It’s not the first. I recall something similar happening during the 3DS days with the eShop…

Second time’s a charm, perhaps?
It gave me flashbacks to the first run of amiibo and the mini classics consoles.

Some person responded to their tweet saying Nintendo should hand out gold points for the people who couldn't get the special edition.

LOL C'mon.

Some person responded to their tweet saying Nintendo should hand out gold points for the people who couldn't get the special edition.

LOL C'mon.
Personally, I think they should give us all a modern version of Nintendo Ambassadors Program that includes the definitive English version of Mother 3 and it can only be claimed on IPs that were logged by Nintendo’s servers today.

Personally, I think they should give us all a modern version of Nintendo Ambassadors Program that includes the definitive English version of Mother 3 and it can only be claimed on IPs that were logged by Nintendo’s servers today.
Nah, gotta make it Xeno related.

YGlozMg.png

They should’ve saved the trouble and the outrage from dans by saying something shortly after the site crashed lol. Like it was an easy thing to do to not make yourself look bad.

Granted everyone will forget about this and again they’ll have a preorder like this, leading to probably the same issues.

Nintendo will never learn to not Ghost people and fans so often.
It's clear they just underestimated their issues. Someone mentioned customer support said the ETA for the store working again was 1-2 hours some 7 hours ago now.

That tweet went out 10 minutes before customer support closed for the day. I think they just actually thought there was a chance they'd have better news to share.

I gave up and fell asleep hours ago, guess I’m glad I still have a chance, but what a disaster.

DeepL suggests the main theme is called 'Life to Be Sent Back'

I'm thinking the title screen will change per chapter like 2.

The other tweets are just the stuff from last week's blog so I won't bother posting them.

So how soon do we think we're going to find out how the worlds merged? Opening cut-scene, mid game or end game?

i'm sorta picturing that swordmarch thing as something similar to prison island from the first game in function, go there a ways into the game and a bunch of plot happens which will include that world stuff

Still don't really see the point in this. They're really trying to hammer home the merger of the two worlds but I don't know if it's justified, gameplay wise yet. One of those things that could be difficult to balance

Still don't really see the point in this. They're really trying to hammer home the merger of the two worlds but I don't know if it's justified, gameplay wise yet. One of those things that could be difficult to balance

I know I’ll love the game, but I’m not the biggest fan of reusing old stuff and clashing them together. I look forward to a completely fresh start for the next Xenoblade game.

Assuming mastered arts have to be from the opposite nation to the current class (which seems to be the case based on all footage we have) I think the idea is that left side arts and right side arts will never be guaranteed to come off cooldown at the same time (since one type uses a variable recharge) so the player has to make a choice between using arts as soon as they can or waiting for both to be available for fusion, although we still don't know the full benefits of fusion arts.

This would also mean you will always be forced to use both types anyway, minimizing balance problems.

Assuming mastered arts have to be from the opposite nation to the current class (which seems to be the case based on all footage we have)
Yeah, I think this point is key in balancing combat. It’s interesting how the translated text in the most recent blog post seemed to imply that you could learn arts from ANY other class, and yet we’ve seen quite a bit of footage so far and in every single instance they only had learned arts with the opposite “shape” (diamond vs circle).

If all main party members have 3 circle arts and 3 diamond arts, I feel that the thematic combination of XC1 and XC2 Combat systems has gameplay justification as well - you can spam your diamond arts while waiting for your circle arts to charge, or you can hold off to use fusion arts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom