• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having diamond arts you can quickly refill and spam in addition to circle arts with cooldowns that mean you need to be more careful when to use them is no different than having skills with low MP costs that you can use fairly regularly and skills with high MP costs that you need to be more careful about in other RPGs. This is how you create a good resource economy.

The resource economy in 2 was practically non-existent with how spammable all the arts were. It's one of the things that makes me not super fond of 2's combat and also one of the reasons buff/debuff arts wouldn't work in that system and sadly were cut out.

Although seeing all the complaints, especially how much of a fuss Luxin's kicking up about cooldown arts, I wonder if it would be best for the next Xenoblade to ditch cooldown/recharge altogether and go for a more traditional mana points system instead.

edit: re the vid above, Shulk's pained cry at scalper prices killed me lol

While murricans were losing their minds yesterday something interesting was found:

HHnl26F.jpg

In the borders of the cover of the artbook we can barely see what appear to be Ouroboros parts, except these ones are predominantly white colored. Agnus dominant Ouroboros?

xenoblade 3 confirmed to have a great story.

Lol

Man oh man I cannot wait to sit back and listen to this ost for hours (and for many years to come in my playlist).

It’s pretty cool that Mitsuda gave a shout out to his international audience with that English tweet.

Edit: Adding to this comment, he mentions in the previous tweet that this flute duet theme contains two interwoven melodies which made it difficult to compose and perform. How much do you wanna bet that the two melodies represent the two nations joining forces?

While murricans were losing their minds yesterday something interesting was found:

HHnl26F.jpg

In the borders of the cover of the artbook we can barely see what appear to be Ouroboros parts, except these ones are predominantly white colored. Agnus dominant Ouroboros?
Oh huh, that's interesting.

Would be a weird thing to put on the cover of the artbook though, unless they plan on revealing that in a pre-launch trailer

"A Life Sent On" is the first song I wrote after getting involved in this project.
With two melodies that sound independent and blend together, which is exactly the theme of the game.
The flute was played by Akio Noguchi and orchestrated by the Tokyo Symphony Orchestra.
It really couldn't have been better.

HHnl26F.jpg

Great find

HHnl26F.jpg

Not too surprising there would be more Ouroboros. I'm sure we'll get enemy Ouroboros, Ouroboros evolutions, etc.

The game so far has a ridiculous amount of in your-your-face "two become one" theming.

xenoblade 3 confirmed to have a great story.

Lol

It was already guaranteed to have a great story, but Mitsuda saying so just means it's getting bumped up to "amazing".

The whole situation with the preorders in NA is making me ever so nervous for when they are available in Europe.

This CE has been such a weird situation. It's not that good tbh compared to previous Xenoblade CE's but aside from that why are they struggling to get this out to everyone? Why is this only on Nintendo's store all of a sudden and how come it is so late (after the game comes out) in Europe?

The whole situation with the preorders in NA is making me ever so nervous for when they are available in Europe.

This CE has been such a weird situation. It's not that good tbh compared to previous Xenoblade CE's but aside from that why are they struggling to get this out to everyone? Why is this only on Nintendo's store all of a sudden and how come it is so late (after the game comes out) in Europe?
Probably because they moved the games release date up. Moving a schedule up 2 months messes a lot with the production lines and logistics involved with getting the additional stuff included in the collector's edition to store shelves. Its possible that there are additional reasons involved, but limiting the CE to one store and releasing it later were probably necessary compromises for us getting the game in July rather than September.

Well, I did it. I spent too much money on a physical Torna copy. I just couldn't deal with having the other games physically and not Torna. I'm a little over halfway through 2 in my series playthrough so it will be nice to finally play Torna.

Wanted to come back and redo my original post about arts by class with post-2nd trailer info. I believe this is everything confirmed thus far but feel free to @ me if I missed something.

Swordfighter - Attacker

Ground Beat - AOE
Sword Strike - Side Break
Edge Thrust - Back Attack ↑
Air Slash - Cancel attack ↑
Shadow Eye - Aggro down / Atk up
T: Overclock Buster - Dazed ↑

Zephyr - Defender

Butterfly Blade - High aggro
Air Fang - Aggroed ↑
Wide Slash - Evade
??? - AOE / Evasion down
T: Gemini Strike - High aggro / Evade

Medic Gunner - Healer

Myopic Screen - Daze
Group Heal - AOE / Heal
Power Ring - Field / Atk up
T: Healing Ring - Field / Regenerate

Tactician - Healer

Dark Banner - AOE / Sleep
"Heavenly Wind" - AOE / Heal
"Magic Shadow" - Field / Evasion up
T: "500 Heavenly Waves" - AOE / Area heal on hit

Heavy Guard - Defender

Uppercut Slash - High aggro
Crash Out - AOE / High aggro
"Heavy Charge" - Topple
T: Mad Taunt - AOE / Provoke

Crusher - Attacker

Big Impact - Front Blowdown
Hammerhead - Side attack ↑
Giant Swing - Knockback
T: "Pressure Drop" - Launch

Yumsmith - Attacker

??? - "Blaze"

Noah & Mio Ouroboros

Phantom Slash - Interlink Lv3: Break all
Bounding End - AOE/Annul guard (%)
Unison Strike - High Crit. Rate
"Dragon Tail" - AOE / Attack down
T: Mega Spinning Edge - AOE / Pierce

Eunie & Taion Ouroboros

Ether Collider - Interlink Lv3: Daze all
Typhoon Field - AOE/Area heal on hit
Raptor Raid - AOE/Acc. down/Evade
T: Sacred Cannon - AOE/Moebius ↑/Unblockable

Lanz & Sena Ouroboros

???

Unknown classes

[K] Hidden Thorn - Bleed
[K] "Ether Cannon" - Acc. down (Medic Gunner?)
[A] Glow Ring - Target Lock (Zephyr?)
[A] Maximum Voltage - Unblockable/Atk up (Crusher?)
[A] Overfall - Ether Def. down (Tactician?)
[A] "Sparrow" - Area heal on hit (Tactician?)
[A] "Remain Force" - Field / ??? (Tactician?)
[?] ??? - Daze
[?] ??? - Area evasion up on hit?
T: Infinity Blade - AOE / Pierce (Noah-specific?)

Hidden Thorn from the second trailer was a Keves art on Crusher Noah, which he used while fighting the boss. The party was Lv. 24 with Valdi in the party. At the time it wasn't clear how the master arts worked, but from what we know now, it seems apparent that Hidden Thorn isn't an art from one of the starting classes. It's a Keves art, so it's not on Zephyr or Tactician, but we also know all of the Swordfighter arts, and it doesn't make much sense for either Medic Gunner or Heavy Guard. It might be from the Yumsmith class or Zeon's class, or there's a Keves knife class accessible early on. Either way, this would mean that the party gets access to alternate class mastery relatively early in the game.

Also, one neat thing about Noah having mastered Ground Beat in that clip is that characters master their own base classes, which was probably obvious, but it's nice to have an incentive to class change early on in order to take advantage of the extra art. I feel like a number of JPRGs with class changing have an issue where the initial change period is painful because your characters have to take a hit to stats and/or move selection, so having an obvious way to build on early class growth that will still be beneficial if you decide to change your mind and go back is pretty great. XCX was also pretty nice about this with its class system, so I appreciate Monolith Soft thinking about this kind of thing.

Last edited:
Remember when XC2 was present at the Treehouse E3 2017 presentation and Takahashi was actually there in person?

How cool it would be if the same could happen again for XC3.

Wanted to come back and redo my original post about arts by class with post-2nd trailer info. I believe this is everything confirmed thus far but feel free to @ me if I missed something.

Swordfighter - Attacker

Ground Beat - AOE
Sword Strike - Side Break
Edge Thrust - Back Attack ↑
Air Slash - Cancel attack ↑
Shadow Eye - Aggro down / Atk up
T: Overclock Buster - Dazed ↑

Zephyr - Defender

Butterfly Blade - High aggro
Air Fang - Aggroed ↑
Wide Slash - Evade
T: Gemini Strike - High aggro / Evade

Medic Gunner - Healer

Myopic Screen - Daze
Group Heal - AOE / Heal
Power Ring - Field / Atk up
T: Healing Ring - Field / Regenerate

Tactician - Healer

Dark Banner - AOE / Sleep
"Heavenly Wind" - AOE / Heal
"Magic Shadow" - Field / Evasion up
T: "500 Heavenly Waves" - AOE / Area heal on hit

Heavy Guard - Defender

Uppercut Slash - High aggro
Crash Out - AOE / High aggro
"Heavy Charge" - Topple
T: Mad Taunt - AOE / High aggro

Crusher - Attacker

Big Impact - Front Blowdown
Hammerhead - Side attack ↑
Giant Swing - Knockback
T: "Pressure Drop" - Launch

Noah & Mio Ouroboros

Phantom Slash - Interlink Lv3: Break all
Bounding End - AOE/Annul guard (%)
Unison Strike - High Crit. Rate
"Dragon Tail" - AOE / Attack down
T: Mega Spinning Edge - AOE / Pierce

Eunie & Taion Ouroboros

Ether Collider - Interlink Lv3: Daze all
Typhoon Field - AOE/Area heal on hit
Raptor Raid - AOE/Acc. down/Evade
T: Sacred Cannon - AOE/Moebius ↑/Unblockable

Lanz & Sena Ouroboros

???

Unknown classes

[K] Hidden Thorn - Bleed
[K] "Ether Cannon" - Acc. down (Medic Gunner?)
[A] Glow Ring - Target Lock (Zephyr?)
[A] Maximum Voltage - Unblockable/Atk up (Crusher?)
[A] Overfall - Ether Def. down (Tactician?)
[A] "Sparrow" - Area heal on hit (Tactician?)
[A] "Remain Force" - Field / ??? (Tactician?)

T: Infinity Blade - AOE / Pierce (Noah-specific?)

Hidden Thorn from the second trailer was a Keves art on Crusher Noah, which he used while fighting the boss. The party was Lv. 24 with Valdi in the party. At the time it wasn't clear how the master arts worked, but from what we know now, it seems apparent that Hidden Thorn isn't an art from one of the starting classes. It's a Keves art, so it's not on Zephyr or Tactician, but we also know all of the Swordfighter arts, and it doesn't make much sense for either Medic Gunner or Heavy Guard. It might be from the Yumsmith class or Zeon's class, or there's a Keves knife class accessible early on. Either way, this would mean that the party gets access to alternate class mastery relatively early in the game.

Also, one neat thing about Noah having mastered Ground Beat in that clip is that characters master their own base classes, which was probably obvious, but it's nice to have an incentive to class change early on in order to take advantage of the extra art. I feel like a number of JPRGs with class changing have an issue where the initial change period is painful because your characters have to take a hit to stats and/or move selection, so having an obvious way to build on early class growth that will still be beneficial if you decide to change your mind and go back is pretty great. XCX was also pretty nice about this with its class system, so I appreciate Monolith Soft thinking about this kind of thing.
Thanks for this! I was thinking of putting together something like this. I was actually thinking about the hidden thorn art earlier. I was wondering if we get a Keves knife-wielding hero early on considering it sounds like a very Fiora-esque art (well, it's the name of her daze art, and her bleed art has a different name but you know what I mean).

We don't know the name of it but another zephyr art was shown in the english clip talking about the healer role where the party battled two green colored brogs. Mio uses an AOE art that inflicts accuracy down.

In that clip where we saw Sena use a yumsmith art (it seems she inflicts break with it), at the end, it looks like someone uses an art that grants evasion up to everyone as an actual status effect with its own icon instead of a field effect with the up arrow. Eunie stabs her staff into the ground at the end making it seem like she cast it but it could be a coincidence. It's also possible it's a passive skill that happened to trigger because some condition was met.

And of course, we know the yumsmith class has a field DoT. It has an electric icon but the kanji is the same as used for Blaze in 1 and X.

Also, not a character art but somewhat related. In that fusion art clip from the blog, we see a buff icon not seen before. The aspar they're fighting cast it on itself. The icon looks like a person with a bubble around, almost certainly the damage immunity status (or barrier as X called it). It would also imply the invincible thing enemies do in 2 won't be returning.

edit: Oh and Mad Taunt's effect doesn't seem to be high aggro. As you note, two of his arts have the high aggro effect and aggro or hate in the Japanese screens is written out with one kanji character followed by three katakana characters. You can see it on two of Lanz's arts here but the description under Mad Taunt has a different effect written with only two kanji and no katakana:
img_ca2_2.jpg

It doesn't appear to be Target Lock either.

Last edited:
Thanks for this! I was thinking of putting together something like this. I was actually thinking about the hidden thorn art earlier. I was wondering if we get a Keves knife-wielding hero early on considering it sounds like a very Fiora-esque art (well, it's the name of her daze art, and her bleed art has a different name but you know what I mean).

We don't know the name of it but another zephyr art was shown in the english clip talking about the healer role where the party battled two green colored brogs. Mio uses an AOE art that inflicts accuracy down.

In that clip where we saw Sena use a yumsmith art (it seems she inflicts break with it), at the end, it looks like someone uses an art that grants evasion up to everyone as an actual status effect with its own icon instead of a field effect with the up arrow. Eunie stabs her staff into the ground at the end making it seem like she cast it but it could be a coincidence. It's also possible it's a passive skill that happened to trigger because some condition was met.

And of course, we know the yumsmith class has a field DoT. It has an electric icon but the kanji is the same as used for Blaze in 1 and X.

Also, not a character art but somewhat related. In that fusion art clip from the blog, we see a buff icon not seen before. The aspar they're fighting cast it on itself. The icon looks like a person with a bubble around, almost certainly the damage immunity status (or barrier as X called it). It would also imply the invincible thing enemies do in 2 won't be returning.

edit: Oh and Mad Taunt's effect doesn't seem to be high aggro. As you note, two of his arts have the high aggro effect and aggro or hate in the Japanese screens is written out with one kanji character followed by three katakana characters. You can see it on two of Lanz's arts here but the description under Mad Taunt has a different effect written with only two kanji and no katakana:
img_ca2_2.jpg

Did my best to try to edit those in.

One thing I noticed in the Brog clip is that someone who isn't Eunie manages to Daze the right Brog before it dies. I think it's this disc attack that arcs in from the upper right that does it, but it's hard to tell. It looks like it might be from Taion but I'm not too sure.

kmtIZK0.png

Did my best to try to edit those in.

One thing I noticed in the Brog clip is that someone who isn't Eunie manages to Daze the right Brog before it dies. I think it's this disc attack that arcs in from the upper right that does it, but it's hard to tell. It looks like it might be from Taion but I'm not too sure.

kmtIZK0.png
Good catch! I've noticed that purple missile looking thing before. It appears in the release date trailer when the party fights a blant and Lanz is being controlled as a swordfighter. You can see it start from roughly around Sena then arc across the top left of the screen. It gets resisted when it hits the blant.

It does look like a Taion thing but I'd be surprised if any Agnus weapons have daze. I was thinking daze would be exclusive to Keves while Agnus gets launch and smash. Taion does appear to be casting something at the start of the clip and there's electricity swirling around him which could mean he activated a fusion art just before the clip starts. Lanz uses a fusion art and after the initial gold light burst, electricity stays around him throughout the topple art's animation that looks the same as the electricity around Taion.

In the release date trailer, the purple missile looks like it might originate from Sena who also uses a fusion art while being a Zephyr. If that's the case it would mean the purple missile comes from a Keves art. Maybe it's a war medic art.

img_ca2_2.jpg

It's 範囲 挑発, AoE / Provoke

so close yet so far.. I need it NOW
I KNOW. I'm hoping that reviewers get the game fairly early, so we might get previews a solid few weeks in advance and they have plenty of time to really dig into the game before launch. Dodging spoilers is always a thing, but I do love getting impressions and thoughts from people who I know like the games and will have good informed things to say about it

Some stuff from this clip that's better-contextualized now:

bdFRgKw.png

I think this area is near either the end of Eagus Wilderness or the beginning of Great Cotte Falls. The other clips from the Great Cotte Falls area don't show either the party or the enemies below Lv. 24, so assuming the party's levels are appropriate for this fight and this isn't dev tools tomfoolery, it would place them near there.

This would mean that the player would have quite a few mechanics unlocked at this point. They've unlocked access to Chain Attacks, Interlink and presumably Ouroboros, at least one hero character, class changing, access to at least one non-starting class (Noah has mastered Hidden Thorn), Art mastery and Fusion Arts, and Noah's Infinity Blade Talent Art, which is presumably tied to a story event. That's pretty good for this point in the game; based on levels, the roughly equivalent areas in XC1 and XC2 would be the Ether Mine and Olethro Playhouse, respectively. XC1 hadn't yet given the party their fourth member at that point, while XC2 had only pretended to. However, that could also mean that there's a lot we've yet to see of character build and combat mechanics beyond what's been shown in pre-release media.

My initial take was that this arena was inside of a cave, but I think it's actually outdoors in front of a tall cliff face. There seems to be some kind of encampment in the background, though it's hard to tell whether it's Keves or Agnus. If it's Keves, they might've set this boss on the party, but if it's Agnus, the party might be protecting the encampment from this thing. Maybe this fight is what catches Isurd's attention to the party's presence in the area.

anyways I would really like a Direct now please, I've been very good these past few months

I have to come here once in a while to voice my marvel at the fact that I was practically BEGGING Nintendo and Monolith for a new Xenoblade game this year and they're ACTUALLY giving it to me! I'm still so excited, easily my most anticipated game of the year (now that Zelda's been delayed to 2023).

I mean it doesn't have many contenders, the only games that we know of right now that release this year that I have been or am looking forward to somehow ... well there's like 4. So really not that many...

Regardless I am satisfied with 2022 just with this game.

I'm calling it now: The trailer for the inevitable not-E3 direct will end on a Pyra/Mythra reveal.
That would make a lot of sense. Although I kind of get the impression that they're really hyping up the "XC1 and XC2 clashing together" with areas merging, etc., almost as a bit of misdirection. Like, yes it'll be in the game and be important, but maybe later in the game it'll go to new places and be more different.

I just think we've still mostly only seen early/mid game stuff at this point.

That would make a lot of sense. Although I kind of get the impression that they're really hyping up the "XC1 and XC2 clashing together" with areas merging, etc., almost as a bit of misdirection. Like, yes it'll be in the game and be important, but maybe later in the game it'll go to new places and be more different.

I just think we've still mostly only seen early/mid game stuff at this point.
I'm guessing everything we've seen so far is before swordmarch except for maybe that purple area with the floating giant's rocks

Huge Pyra and Mythra fan, so would be delighted to see them in a new trailer.

It’s very difficult as a XC2 fanboy - I want them back, but part of me would feel some comfort knowing they passed away alongside Rex.

That was their hope - closing their eyes for the final time with the one they loved.

On the flip side, they are, presumably, immortal, and I think… from a brand perspective it makes sense to separate Pyra and Myhtra from Rex.

They are a lot more popular than he is and while I don’t necessarily expect them to appear in future Monolith Soft games, they are Xenoblade now.

As in, I think they’re the flagship characters in the series.

There‘s no way they won’t be at least referenced, they’re too important to be left out of this game, but how they are used… it’s fascinating to think about.

Maybe both of the above is true, one returns and the other doesn’t? So many possibilities.

Part of me feels like they could even be used, alongside Alvis, in a completely different way… as in the trinity cores are trying to do something… maybe a late game reveal…

I mean assuming Imran was accurate when he referred to 3 as the "ending of the trilogy" I would expect them to have at least some relevance since Klaus and the Trinity Processor are essentially what is tying the three games together.
For this reason I also expect Alvis to be relevant in some way.

It’s very difficult as a XC2 fanboy - I want them back, but part of me would feel some comfort knowing they passed away alongside Rex.

That was their hope - closing their eyes for the final time with the one they loved.

On the flip side, they are, presumably, immortal, and I think… from a brand perspective it makes sense to separate Pyra and Myhtra from Rex.

They are a lot more popular than he is and while I don’t necessarily expect them to appear in future Monolith Soft games, they are Xenoblade now.

There‘s no way they won’t be at least referenced, they’re too important to be left out of this game, but how they are used… it’s fascinating to think about.

Maybe both of the above is true, one returns and the other doesn’t? So many possibilities.

Part of me feels like they could even be used, alongside Alvis, in a completely different way… as in the trinity cores are trying to do something… maybe a late game reveal…

I would love to see them again too. With the stipulation that they describe a happy ending for their romance with Rex. Same with Shulk and Fiora. I’m too much of a sap for romance in my JRPGs.

Also not having the three trinity processor cores in some way in 3 would be weird. Especially since they seem to be bringing back Nia and Melia.

I'm expecting Mythra to be back alongside Malos and Alvis. Pyra said she wants to die with Rex, and I think that happened. Mythra might have found a mellowed out Malos and they found Alvis after the worlds merged and ascended to a higher power or some shit

I'm 100% expecting Mythra and Alvis to return. I guess I'm on the fence about Pyra but I think her chances are good. They likely won't appear until the final chapter but that hasn't stopped Xenoblade trailers before. The launch day trailer for X ended by spoiling Elma's true form. Showing off returning characters would hype a lot of people so it just makes marketing sense, especially for something that's being shown at e3 time.

I'm also expecting Tyrea and Dromarch to return as the right-hand person to their respective queens. And I think Klaus and Galea will be reincarnated to fulfill Klaus's last wish of being able to see Galea again after meeting Rex (my sort of out-there theory is that it's Noah and Mio). Most other characters I'm only expecting to be expansion pass heroes (Visionary and Salvager would be good class names for a monado-wielding and aegis sword wielding class).

For trailers, the things I could see generating the most buzz would be a Pyra/Mythra reveal, further Ouroboros forms, and vehicle progression. The next big trailer has got to show off at least one of those.

I'm expecting Mythra to be back alongside Malos and Alvis. Pyra said she wants to die with Rex, and I think that happened. Mythra might have found a mellowed out Malos and they found Alvis after the worlds merged and ascended to a higher power or some shit
I don't think malos is coming back. I think pyra/mythra will but largely as fanservice, I don't think they'll affect the world's lore much assuming they no longer have aegis powers after the ending of 2. Alvis is 100% going to be a major player, probably Klaus too with some form of reincarnation or something. I'm expecting the conduit and the higher powers associated with it to be revealed in 3, Klaus already foreshadows them in chapter 10 of 2.

I'm torn on wanting the Trinity Processor characters return in their old forms. I think for the main game at least I'd rather limit it to Klaus and new avatars for each of the biocomputers. Save the old forms for the DLC story, which would still let their reappearance generate a lot of buzz.

I'm 100% expecting Mythra and Alvis to return. I guess I'm on the fence about Pyra but I think her chances are good. They likely won't appear until the final chapter but that hasn't stopped Xenoblade trailers before. The launch day trailer for X ended by spoiling Elma's true form. Showing off returning characters would hype a lot of people so it just makes marketing sense, especially for something that's being shown at e3 time.

I'm also expecting Tyrea and Dromarch to return as the right-hand person to their respective queens. And I think Klaus and Galea will be reincarnated to fulfill Klaus's last wish of being able to see Galea again after meeting Rex (my sort of out-there theory is that it's Noah and Mio). Most other characters I'm only expecting to be expansion pass heroes (Visionary and Salvager would be good class names for a monado-wielding and aegis sword wielding class).

For trailers, the things I could see generating the most buzz would be a Pyra/Mythra reveal, further Ouroboros forms, and vehicle progression. The next big trailer has got to show off at least one of those.

Not sure if they would reveal them, but at the same time you're right they would help build lots of hype. I'm also expecting to see
Linada, Teelan and perhaps Riki and his kids (depending on how many years have passed) from the XC1 side, and Azurda, Poppi and perhaps Zeke and some blades from the XC2 side).

I wonder if
your choice on Pyra or Mythra in Chapter 8 will be carried over into Xenoblade 3. Granted it would be a lot to voice the dialogue twice, but it could work since they likely won’t be prominent throughout the story.

I wonder if
your choice on Pyra or Mythra in Chapter 8 will be carried over into Xenoblade 3. Granted it would be a lot to voice the dialogue twice, but it could work since they likely won’t be prominent throughout the story.
doubt it. I would think data miners would have found any hint of data being saved to be carried over

doubt it. I would think data miners would have found any hint of data being saved to be carried over
Would the save carrying over not be a part of XC3? Not XC2? After all, its Xenoblade 3 that would be reading the save data. In that case, it could be hidden since we have nothing from XC3 to datamine.

I wonder if
It's plausible, but with Rex probably not around anymore by the time Xenoblade 3 takes place, I think it probably wouldn't materially impact too much anyway.
Anything related to that would be entirely in Xenoblade 3. Switch games can read (and in rare cases even write) save data of other games.

The fact that Pyra/Mythra we're split at the end of XC2 pretty much guaranteed a direct sequel. To be complete, they need to become one person again. That was always my theory even before XC3 was rumored.

And now XC3 is slapping everyone in the face with two becoming one thematically in gameplay and story. The Ouroboros pairs, the fusion of 1 and 2's worlds, warring nations coming together, fusion of battle systems, etc. So yeah, she's definitely coming back. I would not be surprised if we see Rex in some form as well, depending on what happened with Pyra/Mythra.

I've been wondering if these "flame clocks" could have something to do with Pyra/Mythra since they seem so important.

Alvis will absolutely be back as well. Since he likely has something to do with the Conduits disappearance. And if the other two show up, Malos has to in some form as well.

Oh, and the big one I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention is Aion. Why do you think the world is called "Aion"-ios lol? It's not some coincidence. Offseer's are playing a part in the resurrection and Deus-ifying of Aion.

Noah and Mio's flutes each correspond to the color scheming of one half of Aion, then at one point in the story they swap flutes, signifying their "unity". Like, it can't get anymore obvious.

ZJGR2Dl.png

I wonder if
I thought about that too, but it probably won't be something that makes a difference in the end. Maybe a line of something because the name choice doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom