• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can still go through Windy Cave if you're careful, most monsters in there are sound based. The fact that there's low-level crystal deposits in the back implies the devs expected you to make it to the back when you first get to Bionis Leg. More likely a lot of alternate paths in 3 will be restricted by field skill checks.

I do wonder if this is before or after Ethel attacks the party with Colony 4 because that looked like it took place in the Eagus Wilderness. Taion choosing a dangerous path simply because it's quicker would make more sense if Ethel was right on their asses meaning this wouldn't be the intro to Eagus. It would also mean one of the other paths could be blocked by Keves armies. I could see them doing stuff where the game just stops you and has a party member say "don't go that way we'll get caught!" like how Shulk refuses to go in Tephra Cave before Reyn is tasked to.

You can still go through Windy Cave if you're careful, most monsters in there are sound based. The fact that there's low-level crystal deposits in the back implies the devs expected you to make it to the back when you first get to Bionis Leg. More likely a lot of alternate paths in 3 will be restricted by field skill checks.

I do wonder if this is before or after Ethel attacks the party with Colony 4 because that looked like it took place in the Eagus Wilderness. Taion choosing a dangerous path simply because it's quicker would make more sense if Ethel was right on their asses meaning this wouldn't be the intro to Eagus. It would also mean one of the other paths could be blocked by Keves armies. I could see them doing stuff where the game just stops you and has a party member say "don't go that way we'll get caught!" like how Shulk refuses to go in Tephra Cave before Reyn is tasked to.

Oh yeah, I spent a lot of time trying to sneak my way through the first time.

Went out of my way to get revenge even though I already got the landmark at the end way back when.

I sure showed those ridiculously strong bats.

And the umn logo is an oroboros.

So who's enjoying taking the piss here, monolithsoft or the localization team?
And it representing the "unconscious" in Xenogears as well.

KHStEgu.gif

fxA2jFD.jpg

Oh shit! Green haired Gormotti!

Well damn, guess we're doing this now. Our first (and as of yet only) Agnus Hero!

Yuzuriha is the Japanese name, seems like she's an Attacker, using a bow. Her intro cutscene is cool and confirms that tackling people out of the way of attacks is apparently going to be a thing for this group. It's the second such scene we've seen, after one where Eunie tackles Taion out of the way of an attack in the last trailer.

Google Translate is weird but it seems like it's indicating that the class has a good amount of aggro down effects? That's what I'm getting from it at least

Edit: I'm leaning towards tomorrow's blogspot being at least partially about Heroes/non-main party Class Changing, since at this point we've covered all of them that have been officially shown (there's still the Purple Agnus person from the banner of the last blog but that was clearly unintentional)

Sounds like phantom archer's thing is eliminating their aggro. Maybe the class will have an aura similar to shadow runner or heat haze. Interestingly it says although she is a part of Agnus (and the tattoo is on her thigh because of course), she lives quietly in the forest. She's still part of a colony that trusts her but I guess she lives apart from them.

So between Yuzu and Flagperson, we have an Agnus Attacker Hero and an Agnus Support Hero. So we should still have at least one Agnus Defender Hero from this starter trio left to go.

Meanwhile if we assume that Yumsmith is the starter Keves Attacker Hero, we have a trio of The Nopon, Zeon, and Valdi. However, I'm actually leaning towards Yumsmith being a special case somehow and that the user of Hidden Thorn is actually the starter Keves Attacker.

We've seen some Machina people in X3, but they don't really look like they did in X1. Is there some kind of generational breeding going on with other races in X1's world? Is that even possible? Have I missed a critical lore drop?

Small touches like Mio's ear animations and little twitches with High Entia wings are really cool in the X3 stuff we've seen.

We've seen some Machina people in X3, but they don't really look like they did in X1. Is there some kind of generational breeding going on with other races in X1's world? Is that even possible? Have I missed a critical lore drop?

Small touches like Mio's ear animations and little twitches with High Entia wings are really cool in the X3 stuff we've seen.

The Machina in 1 also had white hair like Lanz and Valdi, so I don’t think too much has actually changed aside from their fashion tastes. Well, there’s also something funny going on with ages and growth, but that’s affecting High Entia, Blades, etc. as well, so the Machina aren’t unique in that regard.

There's definitely something funky going on biologically, because all 6 main party members definitely shouldn't be roughly the same age, but it's not immediately clear that the Machina designs are related to that. It's entirely possible that a lot of the more ornate parts of the Xenoblade 1 Machina designs were intended to be clothing, and that their fashion has homogenized with the other races over time.

We got a new note, so big update today!

The tweets today go into the arts fusion system a bit. The note covers stuff we've seen, which is a few of the Heroes and Campsites...

... and it also gave us full music tracks of the second trailer music and battle theme!!

Last edited:

The tweets today go into the arts fusion system a bit. The note covers stuff we've seen, which is a few of the Heroes and Campsites...

... and it also gave us full music tracks of the second trailer music and battle theme!!

Hm, besides confirmation that you can't control the Heroes (which we already suspected), and a description of the Yumsmith class that I don't think we've seen, I don't think there's actually anything new here?

Hm, besides confirmation that you can't control the Heroes (which we already suspected), and a description of the Yumsmith class that I don't think we've seen, I don't think there's actually anything new here?
Yeah there doesn't seem to be a lot of new or unexpected info today. But I'm really happy to have a clean version of the battle theme.

holy crap that battle theme, so good

The battle theme sounds great. The fact it's called Keves Battle confirms what some of us already guessed, that Keves and Agnus controlled territories will have their own themes. Though there is an Agnus colony set up in Eagus.

It's a bummer that the blog was all repeat info but this means they have a clean slate next week. The six party member updates are finished, and the last bits of info from the previous blog have been tweeted out so hopefully it's all new info coming up.

The music is indeed absolutely fire. Can't wait for it to be ignored at the Game Awards once again! (no I still haven't forgotten, Keighley)

The battle theme sounds great. The fact it's called Keves Battle confirms what some of us already guessed, that Keves and Agnus controlled territories will have their own themes. Though there is an Agnus colony set up in Eagus.

It's a bummer that the blog was all repeat info but this means they have a clean slate next week. The six party member updates are finished, and the last bits of info from the previous blog have been tweeted out so hopefully it's all new info coming up.
Yep, that's a good point. Though I'm not sure what's actually left to cover in tweets before the next trailer (presumably coming with the Direct on the date of the next blog post). They've already done some tweets on the Ouroburoses, so that's probably not coming back. I doubt they'll tell us what the dang boat was or do anything too closely related to that. It really is a mystery to me what they'll be posting about for the next two weeks

The music is indeed absolutely fire. Can't wait for it to be ignored at the Game Awards once again! (no I still haven't forgotten, Keighley)

Yep, that's a good point. Though I'm not sure what's actually left to cover in tweets before the next trailer (presumably coming with the Direct on the date of the next blog post). They've already done some tweets on the Ouroburoses, so that's probably not coming back. I doubt they'll tell us what the dang boat was or do anything too closely related to that. It really is a mystery to me what they'll be posting about for the next two weeks
Chain Attack! then done with tweet until new trailer drop.

Chain Attack! then done with tweet until new trailer drop.
I really doubt we're getting anything more on Chain Attacks, at least not until the next trailer/Treehouse. They had their chance with the last blog post and basically just said "yep they're a thing"

Skills! We've seen the arts, now show us skills. Also they started introductions to the main 6's classes after doing roles but only did swordfighter and zephyr then did the talent arts for medic gunner, swordfighter and zephyr but never did any tweets for the others. Also at the end of this blog they tease other stuff to do at the campfire which they say they'll talk about later. I agree further ouroboros forms, Noah's gauntlet form, and vehicles will be saved for the next big event like the not-E3 direct. But here's a list of everything else I can think of that they could cover that I believe they haven't yet:
  • Skills
  • Tactician, Heavy Guard, and Crusher talent arts
  • The dumbbell icon at the campsite
  • Heart-to-Hearts
  • Equipment besides gems if there is any
  • Cosmetic outfit changes
  • In-Battle character switching
  • Chain Attacks and TP
  • Shops
  • Nopon coins and how to get them for gem crafting
  • Ether cylinders and how to get them for gem crafting
  • Quests
  • Unique Monsters and tombstones

You know what, seeing the release of some new music just prompted me to stop spoiling myself. They've done such a good job of not spoiling the game up until now and it's just 6 weeks away at this point.

It's time to be a big boy and draw a line in the sand right here, see you at release!

Ost is great

On the other hand, I am atill waiting for the expected Xenoblade hype boost

I don't know if it is because they showed only well known contents so far (combat, landscapes, monsters) or because the game is lacking a specific brand new gimmick..

I mean: Xeno was the first big jrpg with open world

Xeno X had Mecha

Xeno 2 had floating continents/area and the blades

Xeno 3 has..?

I need THE quid /USP/X factor guys! Help me!

Ost is great

I don't know if it is because they showed only well known contents so far (combat, landscapes, monsters) or because the game is lacking a specific brand new gimmick..

Xeno X had Mecha

Xeno 3 has..?

Xenoblade 3 has Morbin Time

Ost is great

Xeno X had Mecha

Xeno 3 has..?

The fact that we know this is a continuation of 1 and 2 has certain... implications that should really excite you if you are super invested in the ongoing story.

Aww, wish we had gotten more than just 90 seconds of the battle theme. Knowing the rest of the series, that's probably only half of it, with the best parts still saved for the final release.

Don't think I like it quite as much as Time to Fight! (Bionis Shoulder), but that's probably my favorite battle theme period, so no surprise there. The fact that this battle theme can even compete is exciting enough.

Also, am I going crazy, or is this the first confirmation that everything we've seen regarding the world is from Keves? Makes me wonder how the line between Keves and Agnus is drawn, and just how big Aionios is.

The fact that we know this is a continuation of 1 and 2 has certain... implications that should really excite you if you are super invested in the ongoing story.
Yup, the story plus it has a new hook and that is the Ouroboros. The one continuous massive open world is also pretty hype. This game does not lack hype.

This will do 2X the last game at least I fear. All data pointing it. Reviews will seal the deal.

XC (Wii)XC (3DS)XCX (Wii U)XC2 (NS)XC: DE (NS)XC3 (NS)Days Left

The growth is real
430086543_WAP-Copy.gif

Last edited:
Aww, wish we had gotten more than just 90 seconds of the battle theme. Knowing the rest of the series, that's probably only half of it, with the best parts still saved for the final release.

Don't think I like it quite as much as Time to Fight! (Bionis Shoulder), but that's probably my favorite battle theme period, so no surprise there. The fact that this battle theme can even compete is exciting enough.

Also, am I going crazy, or is this the first confirmation that everything we've seen regarding the world is from Keves? Makes me wonder how the line between Keves and Agnus is drawn, and just how big Aionios is.
We've heard what seems to be a different main battle theme in Maktha Wildwoods, which is also where we meet our first Agnus Hero, so we've seen at least one Agnus area. It's also pretty likely imo that Great Cotte Falls is in Agnus, since that and the Wildwood were shown together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom