• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Xenoblade 3 - DLC #4 Trailer - Release April 25th

Wish we would of had more of a heads up on this... Now I have to buy the DLC pass and scramble to finish this expansion before BotW comes out...

HYPE! But also ANXIETY! But HYPE!!!!

I hate the timing, though. I was already worried about not being able to clear Persona 5R before Zelda, but now I have to put that game aside for sure (in the middle of goddamn November, so right before the end of the game) for months and months to be able to play this, and of course it will have to be in fast mode, with the impending release of Zelda looming on the horizon... But there's no way I can wait until after clearing Zelda to play this, so yeah...

But everything looks so promising... Can't believe we'll be playing this in less than a week!!!

They showed a lot.
Including a thing or three.

I fucking loved XB3's ending so I'm super curious to see where this goes.

Especially considering
we already know that whatever happens here is just going to be overwritten by Xenoblade 3's ending, so it kinda makes it all seem... pointless? Like, "oh no, Rex and Shulk and everyone died. Good thing they'll all be perfectly fine once Noah and co. reconstitute the original worlds in a few millennia or whenever"

Feels like this might just be fanservice for the sake of it (which I'm not opposed to, mind you). I almost wonder if this will go beyond XB3's ending in some way... but I don't anticipate it
I get where you're coming from, but even before playing and seeing how stuff happens, I wouldn't define it as
pointless. In this prequel, the main characters probably set in motion the seeds that eventually allow for the reboot of the worlds at the end of the main game, retroactively giving it even more gravitas. These characters will probably sacrifice themselves (at least Shulk and Rex) with the uncertain hope that it all works out in the end. And my guess is the DLC will end with a time skip that will show the ultimate outcome of the struggles narrated here, i.e. their futures redeemed.

You love to see it...

Love it. But we're still missing
Mythra's daughter, aren't we?

Why does Na’el get Alvis’s core crystal at some point TF? And it’s not even like Alvis and A who have it as an “accessory” (necklace and earring) but it looks like a full blade core crystal on her body just like Pneuma and Malos.
So many questions

What the hell, Nintendo?! Why is this being released on such short notice right before Zelda?!?

Why does Na’el get Alvis’s core crystal at some point TF? And it’s not even like Alvis and A who have it as an “accessory” (necklace and earring) but it looks like a full blade core crystal on her body just like Pneuma and Malos.
So many questions
Alvis's core crystal was a retcon but they wanted to keep his necklace motif. And since he's not part of the XC2 side of the universe, he doesn't have to abide by the same rules, I guess

Alvis's core crystal was a retcon but they wanted to keep his necklace motif. And since he's not part of the XC2 side of the universe, he doesn't have to abide by the same rules, I guess
Yeah that always made sense, but now we have A that also has it as an earring, and Na’El which has it as blade core instead (despite already also having her normal Nia-like flesh eater core) which is interesting

Y’all know you don’t have to play every game right when it releases, right?

Sure, if you're willing to either have major plot beats spoiled, or get the hell off all social media until you get around to both.

Maybe that's practical for you, but it isn't for most.

Featured-Image-Xenoblade-Chronicles-3-Who-Are-The-Founders.jpg

Funny how the one everyone that was Shulk wasn't and the one people thought might be Dunban is Shulk.

So the Granddad is called Ghondor?

Hehe ... i wonder if he's also a big potty mouth as the current time Ghondor is.

So this has just spoiled most of 3 for me, right? Really should have played it sooner :(
personally. No, nothing was really spoiled.

especially without context. I feel you’ll forget some of the trailers stuff here anyways when playing 3. It’s very dense

Why are you watching/reading any of this if you haven't played 3 yet?
Cause it's been impossible to avoid on Twitter. Woke up today and the first thing I saw on Twitter was the new designs for Shulk and Rex, and a post about the kids. Haven't actually watched the trailer, but I've seen enough already to know a lot about what it entails.

personally. No, nothing was really spoiled.

especially without context. I feel you’ll forget some of the trailers stuff here anyways when playing 3. It’s very dense
Cool, thanks. What I've seen so far in terms of Xeno 3 spoilers is:

• Shulk & Rex's new designs, obviousl
  • That the kids of the main characters in previous games are in the DLC
  • Klaus' design in 3
  • That Riku is in the DLC and also in 3
  • More confirmation of Nia and Melia being evil and in 3
  • That some Xeno 2 locations are in 3 ruined (thanks Xenoblade Wiki for showing me that when I just wanted to see shop deeds lol)

That's about as much as I know, outside of stuff that was in the first trailer for 3. I'm hoping that's not much.

Cause it's been impossible to avoid on Twitter. Woke up today and the first thing I saw on Twitter was the new designs for Shulk and Rex, and a post about the kids. Haven't actually watched the trailer, but I've seen enough already to know a lot about what it entails.

• Klaus' design in 3
  • That some Xeno 2 locations are in 3 ruined (thanks Xenoblade Wiki for showing me that when I just wanted to see shop deeds lol)

That's about as much as I know, outside of stuff that was in the first trailer for 3. I'm hoping that's not much.
Sorry, I did not mean to sound so accusatory - more just baffled. :)

I think you're just fine. In fact, I'd say much of the info you have is only marginally accurate, and none of it is particularly important to the plot of 3.

• Klaus' design in 3

Not gonna go into much details.

But I say only one thing is like a spoiler and it’s super duper minor . In reality, Xenoblade 3 is its own thing. Don’t go in expecting to be a mixture of Xenoblade and Xenoblade 2 in terms of characters and cast. It has its own cast and it’s own story to tell.

• Klaus' design in 3

Reading your spoilers, i have one answer for you:

Jon_Snow_Season_8.png

If it helps, some of that is actually wrong. 😅
Sorry, I did not mean to sound so accusatory - more just baffled. :)

I think you're just fine. In fact, I'd say much of the info you have is only marginally accurate, and none of it is particularly important to the plot of 3.
Yeah, you'll be fine. I don't think I can elaborate without actually spoiling things though.
Not gonna go into much details.

But I say only one thing is like a spoiler and it’s super duper minor . In reality, Xenoblade 3 is its own thing. Don’t go in expecting to be a mixture of Xenoblade and Xenoblade 2 in terms of characters and cast. It has its own cast and it’s own story to tell.
Thanks for the reassurance! :) Think I'll bump 3 up my backlog list. Was gonna play it sometime next year, but with the DLC being done and spoilers about I'll probably play it sooner rather than later. Twitter can be so annoying sometimes. For some reason it bombarded me with tons of Xenoblade 3 posts despite having never interacted with them myself. I've been quite cautious in watching other media otherwise.

Reading your spoilers, i have one answer for you:

Jon_Snow_Season_8.png

You don't want it?
Your watch has ended?
I'm your Queen?

:p

Thanks for the reassurance! :) Think I'll bump 3 up my backlog list. Was gonna play it sometime next year, but with the DLC being done and spoilers about I'll probably play it sooner rather than later. Twitter can be so annoying sometimes. For some reason it bombarded me with tons of Xenoblade 3 posts despite having never interacted with them myself. I've been quite cautious in watching other media otherwise.

You don't want it?
Your watch has ended?
I'm your Queen?

:p

got-game-of-thrones.gif

Care to explain? The story was so confusing... is she Mioh's mother?

In spoilers since there's some folks who didn't play the main game in here:

If Glimmer is (at least based on) the daughter of Rex and Pyra/Mythra/Pnuema, she's basically Mio's half-sister, since it's implied that Mio is (based on) Nia's daughter.

And given that the game has THAT picture, they likely have the same father ... Rex.

imo it's a terrific game, so get to it!

Thanks for the answer, but I never thought mioh to be the kid of that other importante character. I thought she was something like a grand grand grand granddaughter... man, what a clusterfuck crazy story... the worst thing is that I love it... = (

Thanks for the answer, but I never thought mioh to be the kid of that other importante character. I thought she was something like a grand grand grand granddaughter... man, what a clusterfuck crazy story... the worst thing is that I love it... = (

It's not that confusing.

The worlds starting to fuse together happened a little while after the stories of both numbered Xenoblade games.
Meaning, the characters of the games were still alive and kicking and had families in the time.

At that point the DNA/Soul/whatever samples were collected for Origin to revive them all once the fusing was done.

But then Origin went bonkers, Z came to be and started that never-ending circle.

Every Keves and Agnus soldier is based on those samples collected in Origin, and they either die in battle, or after their 10 years safe for some exceptions (becoming Consul or whatever other things exist).

The only faction that basically growths the ... natural way ... is the City.

So the Mio (and Consul M by that) are just the nth time Origin/Z used the DNA/whatever of Mio's original daughter to create a new version as a Keves solider.

Though you are also technically correct in grandgrandgrandgrand...children of Nia existing ... the descendants of the seven founders of the city. ;D

Please consider spoiler tagging that for the sake of people who haven't played 3 yet (although I don't know why are they even here in the first place, hehehe).

If you need more context,
make sure you recruit Nia after beating the game, then rank her up and complete all of her quests. It's quite lovely and informative content.

That trailer was so good...just made me lose focus on work because it suddenly dropped at peak hours lmao

And Glimmer just caught fire in popularity

Remember Melia and Nia also had question marks and at the end it was not really a twist.
To be fair, the Melia and Nia we saw on trailers and the webpage were robots :p but yeah… probably there’s something else with Alvis that they’re not telling us yet

Last edited:
Did humanity create an emulator for the Logos core, which then in turn resonated with their wish for the endless now, and Z took shape?

What is the gift from Alvis that Melia talked to Shulk about? Alvis gave his core crystal to Melia? Maybe A is Alvis in blade form after resonating with Melia?

Is "A" having a conversation with someone in elysium??

The heck if I know, but I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING haha

Most people: “oh no, Grinding ugh”

Me: “oh no, story might be…nooooo 😭
The event we know of from XB3 to pull the same thing as Torna seems to be the backdrop for the plot this time, not the climax.

They could theoretically destroy the "Liberator's Base of Operations" though, which is XB1 Colony 9.

In spoilers since there's some folks who didn't play the main game in here:

If Glimmer is (at least based on) the daughter of Rex and Pyra/Mythra/Pnuema, she's basically Mio's half-sister, since it's implied that Mio is (based on) Nia's daughter.

And given that the game has THAT picture, they likely have the same father ... Rex.
based on the hair color Glimmer would be Rex and Pyras daughter. If Mio is Rex and Nias daughter we still havent seen Rex and Mythras child. There were 3 in the photo

Man, was not expecting to see this when I woke up this morning. I'd do the whole trailer screenshot shenanigans if this were coming out in a few months, but I'm probably just gonna go in blindish next week

Also, these designs are SO GOOD! It's the same artist from XC2 makes it mind boggling lol.

Saito should be the main artist for Xenoblade games from now on.
A chunk of the Xeno fanbase were calling for his head on plate soon after the release of the second game, and declared that they'd boycott any future titles involving his character designs. Funny how the loudest bunch forget the most.

Saito should (absolutely!) stay onboard for future entries, he's created many standout and memorable figures in the series. I wonder whether Monolith Soft have tried to poach him away from his freelance operation.

A chunk of the Xeno fanbase were calling for his head on plate soon after the release of the second game, and declared that they'd boycott any future titles involving his character designs. Funny how the loudest bunch forget the most.

Saito should (absolutely!) stay onboard for future entries, he's created many standout and memorable figures in the series. I wonder whether Monolith Soft have tried to poach him away from his freelance operation.
I love Saito's designs. I also wish Monolith would hire him full time. Glimmer is my favorite of these new characters.

Agreed. What always seems to get forgotten in that whole controversy is that a much, much bigger chunk of the fanbase loved the XC2 designs to bits, to the point where I've always believed it was a significant selling point for the game. A significant group of Xenoblade fans had always had huge issues with the character designs in XCX, which was the biggest pre-release complaint about that game. Lots of fans also had issues with the in-game models of the (otherwise widely liked) XC1 character art. It was one of the persistent and common criticisms of a series that got very few criticisms.

XC2 changed that entirely, being a massive, massive leap forward in the implementation of the in-game characters. Again, pre-release this was one of the biggest things people talked about - I recall a lot of discussions regarding just how expressive Nia was in the trailer cutscenes in particular compared to XC and XCX, how the production values seemed to have skyrocketed despite the short development time. And even outside of the jump in in-game fidelity, Nia in particular was a fan-favourite design from the moment she was revealed. Once the game released there was an insane outpouring of fan art and other social media signifiers that the designs had hit home with their audience. They were everywhere.

If you're Monolith, it would be easy to see that on the whole, the new character designs and models were a massive success and a huge part of the sales success of that game. But in a lot of spaces online, you'd think the game succeeded despite them, rather than because of them.

All that said, I do think that XC3's designs were significantly better than XC2, and by far the best in the series. But they're still of a same style. The big change / jump was from XCX to XC2, and I wouldn't expect Monolith to change course now.

Back
Top Bottom