• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Xenoblade 3 - DLC #4 Trailer - Release April 25th

I noticed the part with Na'el in the armor with the Ontos core is at Raguel Lake and the part in the first trailer from February where Matthew says "like killing grandad wasn't enough for you?" takes place on Raguel bridge (you can see the metal beams behind Matthew). I just like the idea that this big confrontation with Matthew, Alvis-possessed(?) Na'el, and possibly N takes place at the site where Juju crashed his buggy.
That must be why it's called Future Redeemed. We finally redeem ourselves by defeating the Jujonis.

Wonder why they chose not release this in June rather than sandwiched in between AW and TOTK? Maybe they have something else planned for June or they will be keeping that month empty as they know everyone will still be adventuring in Hyrule haha.

It's hard to imagine them keeping June completely empty after packing the first 5 months as tight as possible.
  • Fire Emblem Engage
  • Game Boy and Game Boy Advance NSO
  • Metroid Prime Remastered
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass Wave 4
  • Bayonetta Origins
  • Fire Emblem Engage: Fell Xenologue
  • The Super Mario Bros. Movie
  • Advance Wars 1+2: Re-boot Camp
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Fell Xenologue
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
And I'm probably forgetting some smaller stuff, and for all we know Nintendo might not even be done with May yet. An absolutely ridiculous year so far.
well they could potentially announce some more DLC for certain games in June. And maybe some remasters and remakes as well. And ofc the usual NSO shit.

well they could potentially announce some more DLC for certain games in June. And maybe some remasters and remakes as well. And ofc the usual NSO shit.
Yup, I'm thinking one of (or both) of Splatoon 3: Side Order and Booster Course Pass Wave 5. Maybe Metroid Prime 2 Remastered if Nintendo really wants to go crazy.

"You wanna scrap... you scrap with me!"

I really do like how Matthew seems to be Noah's exact opposite personality-wise; smart approach for a DLC protagonist. Very interested to see more of his character!

Tdp7Dd5l.png

Ok so just random stuff I've noticed

• Matthew, the protag, does seem to be N's descendant. But maybe Great-Grandson?
  • Consul A is a thing, but also not Alvis. Seems like she's wielding a Monado?
  • Let's teach them a thing or three

Why would you drop this only 17 days before TOTK?

Jesus Christ, how am I supposed to fit this in. Sorry advance wars, you're definitely not a priority

Only three of the party members are the founders. Matthew is Vandham, Nikol (boy with mechanical Poppi Buster looking arms) is Ortiz, and Glimmer (girl that looks/sounds like Pyra) is Rhodes. Na'el, the cat girl, is Doyle but she doesn't appear to be playable. No idea why she's wearing Aegis armor with an Ontos core and Seven gun drones at the end. She's supposed to be Matthew's sister. The two that Shulk and Rex are supposed to be mentors to (Reid and Cassini) are nowhere to be seen.

The A girl was not foreshadowed at all and is the most fascinating. She appears to be a girl Alvis. She even has his Cross Ray art (the one he uses during the three telethia fight in Makna in xc1), and Vision as a Talent Art. The relationship chart calls her Matthew's partner so my random guess is she's some sort of reborn version (or emanation?) of Alvis as a Blade and Matthew is her Driver.

For gameplay changes, it doesn't look as different as Torna from xc2 at a glance. The big difference is ouroboros are gone, instead characters look to have Chrono Trigger inspired dual techs. You can stock charges of these like the launch all in the Challenge Gauntlet. We see Nikol and Glimmer use a dual tech called Hellstream. It looks like Matthew's dual tech is with Shulk and Rex's is with A oddly. Maybe you can mix and match them? They all seem to inflict Burst with the only difference being Monado Crash (Matthew + Shulk's dual tech) is AOE. We do see the new Jojo-esque stand version of Ourboros when Matthew uses certain moves but there's nothing to say this is anything more than purely visual.

It's the same deal where left side Arts have to be a different shape/recharge style than right side Arts but we have no indication if left side Arts are gained through different classes or how that works. Shulk's one left art is a Monado Art (a new one that inflicts Target Lock) though which makes me think both sides of Arts come from the character. I'm a little worried each character will only get six Arts - three of each shape with no customization.

---

Anyways, for those saying this will be shorter than Torna: yes all the custscene titles were found in the datamine as well as the name for all the campsites. The number of cutscenes is slightly greater than Torna's (not that much more though). It's safe to say this will be Torna size. It's likely not getting the same treatment Torna got for not being newcomer friendly rather than anything to do with size. Future Redeemed looks to heavily depend upon the series' lore whereas Torna was easier to market as a jumping on point (though Kyle Bosman's stream made me doubt how well that actually worked out lol). Torna was also in the second year of switch - the same year where all they had for e3 was smash and trailers for 2019 games (Three Houses and Daemons x Machina), I can understand why they made a bigger deal of Torna and played up the idea of it being newcomer friendly.

And of course, Riku is immortal, why not?
From the Japanese website, seems like for Dual Techs (called Union Combos) you select what two characters are used for the attack beforehand. So each character pair has a unique Union combo

Also seems like the main method of progression will be a Skill Tree. Overall, yeah doesn't seem to be making nearly as many mechanical deviations as Torna, but I guess XC3 was simple enough that it doesn't need to be further streamlined for DLC

From the Japanese website, seems like for Dual Techs (called Union Combos) you select what two characters are used for the attack beforehand. So each character pair has a unique Union combo
Just like Chrono Trigger 🤩

Must. Not. Watch.

I can't believe it's coming so soon! Was hoping for a physical release but I guess I'll just get the expansion pass now.

Why would you announce this at 2AM while I'm sleeping with no warning?

Why would you drop this so close before Zelda with no warning?

I don't want to have to rush through this; but I also don't want to be late to playing Zelda....

Dang, just shadowdropped like that eh? Will probably not play this until summer, but looks great! We knew it was coming because of the soundtrack, but I didn't expect it to be out this soon.

Nintendo's really stacking things this week btw: this and NSO genesis updates and a IndieWorld later today

Dang, just shadowdropped like that eh? Will probably not play this until summer, but looks great! We knew it was coming because of the soundtrack, but I didn't expect it to be out this soon.

Nintendo's really stacking things this week btw: this and NSO genesis updates and a IndieWorld later today

I think they know that ToTK is gonna pretty much overshadow everything on the platform for a couple of months.

Also seems like the main method of progression will be a Skill Tree. Overall, yeah doesn't seem to be making nearly as many mechanical deviations as Torna, but I guess XC3 was simple enough that it doesn't need to be further streamlined for DLC
Okay cool, I didn't even see the website or thought to look before seeing your post.

So left side Arts are Ouroboros Powers and you can learn more through skill trees to mix with your regular class Arts, and it looks like the union combos will have more going on than just being Burst buttons and improves your abilities in some way. Yea, that could be fun.

Looks like they're also bringing back the blue exclamation mark chance thing from DE, old-school style collectopedia, and we're finally getting the much asked for bestiary. Some enemies have an arrow with the word weak under it above their healthbars, so maybe positional weaknesses are going to be a thing. The fog infected bird in the trailer also has a biting fanged teeth symbol next to its name so that seems to be some new mechanic as well presumably tied to fogbeasts.

I fucking loved XB3's ending so I'm super curious to see where this goes.

Especially considering
we already know that whatever happens here is just going to be overwritten by Xenoblade 3's ending, so it kinda makes it all seem... pointless? Like, "oh no, Rex and Shulk and everyone died. Good thing they'll all be perfectly fine once Noah and co. reconstitute the original worlds in a few millennia or whenever"

Feels like this might just be fanservice for the sake of it (which I'm not opposed to, mind you). I almost wonder if this will go beyond XB3's ending in some way... but I don't anticipate it

I mean..this could gave been said about Torna too, and that ended being awesome

FuCz69LX0AE1rqc.jpg

Tantal and Prison Island… such a cool combo

This would’ve been the switch icon :(

Last edited:
What a really weird time to release this. Felt for certain this would have been perfect for a summer release once the hubub around Zelda had died down. No way I can commit to this now with TOTK a few weeks away and Advance Wars coming on Friday. I'll find a clear slot from June onwards for this and steer clear of Xeno discussion until then. Looks good though, definitely seems like the meatier (ahem) lore focused story Xeno fans have been craving.

Still reeling from this. Next week! This is actually pretty great, it's a nice way for some of us to play something else in the lead up to Zelda.

I'm pretty sure Shimmer is one of Rex's daughters and Nikol is definitely Shulk and Fiora's kid. He even has her hair color :)

I'm expecting Torna size still but they're just not gonna bother with a physical. That's fine with me.

What a great time to be a Xenoblade fan!

Release window and less notice for DLC might simply be because Nintendo recognise it's more effective to advertise and sell DLC to uber-fans than it is to promote it as a general release. By now they have much more data about who buys DLC and when, which will affect their strategy. I'd already bought the XBC 3 expansion pass because of how much I'd enjoyed Torna and Future Connected, so felt confident the Expansion for 3 would be worthwhile.

In XBC 3's case, this definitely looks like one for the fans, and not something which could potentially be played as a standalone (like Torna).

Anyway, this is a slightly baffling surprise, but a welcome one. Not sure when I'll start it: I haven't done wave 3 yet, and I've got other things on the go, too.

The lack of physical is most likely because this DLC will spoil the shit out of Xenoblade 3. Torna did spoil some stuff about 2 yes, but it was mostly standalone and could be played without the knowledge of the main story, so it's different.

What? Nintendo? You ... you can't just randomly drop this DLC 2 weeks before Zelda.

For real.

Mega Man Battle Network, still having to do the final Engage chapter and the DLC, i also started Octopath 2, and Jedi Survivor is also coming the same week as this.

For me, seriously bad timing to drop this.

What the hell?

I beg your pardon?

NANI?????

Out of nowhere!!

I watched it once and I ain't watching it again, it's literally next week!!!

I might have to go on easy mode to blast through the story in time before Totk.

My god, Live A Live was going to be my next game, lmao not anymore.

God these new character designs are amazing!!

They all need to be in the next Smash game lmao.

Also, what the hell is going on? Nintendo is just throwing all games and DLC before summer and shadow dropping everything. What's next? Shadow drop silk song today??

F***ing Hell, out of nowhere!
Also I hate you Nintendo, now I have to balance this and Honkai Star Rail before Zelda releases and completely takes away all my attention.

This is just an insane year, and we're only in april.
This announcement kind of killed all my plans before TotK so thanks Nintendo.
Of course all of this looks amazing and it confirms my theory that Riku was the key to all of xenoblade.
I really hope this dlc gives us the epilogue that the trilogy deserves.

Also, these designs are SO GOOD! It's the same artist from XC2 makes it mind boggling lol.

Saito should be the main artist for Xenoblade games from now on.

Very excited and the trailer is awesome, but... Where is my physical release?! Can't leave us hanging after Torna! :(

Man, i'm really torn. On one hand i want to play this asap because Xeno 3 is my fav.
But even if it's "only" 20 hours long, there's a valid chance i won't be done with it by the time Zelda launches.

And one thing is written law for me ... there is no way i won't play Zelda from day one and likely nothing else until i finish it.
Which will likely also take me months.

Just for reference, Xeno 3 (including as much side content i could find) took me several months to finish.

Wonder what this means for a potential physical version, by the announcement it sounds like it's not planned.. which would be a shame

Holy fuck, i just woke up and saw this lmaoooo

Well, now i know what i'll be playing before TOTK comes out! Bought the DLC like a month ago, thankfully

Looks incredible. Can't wait. Poor Advance Wars though. I was so looking forward to devoting all my time to it.

My backlog just got screwed: time to deep dive into Aionios again, before loosing myself in Hyrule..!

I mean, yeah, it's going to come out in just a week with little fanfare, but judging by the datamined content and Monolithsoft's history, i think we have little to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom