• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Xenoblade 3 - DLC #4 Trailer - Release April 25th

Whaaaaaaa now I have to juggle this and Advance wars before TOTK?!?!? I mean I’m totally in and I’m not watching again cause once was enough and I’m up for jumping in cleanish. Need to finish the postgame quests tho XD. Soooo hype but I’m bowing out on speculation

I’ll see how big this game is for me. Torna was a 20+ hour game. If the datamine stuff is real then it’s odd for Nintendo not to do a physical release.

How spoilery is this trailer?
I haven't finished 3, but
I can guess that the two queens are Melia and Nia (or it's one hell of a callback) and I saw Shulk and adult Rex in a previous trailer... And of course people talking about Dunkey's terrible video spoiled me on Rex getting it the hell on
it assumes you beat the game and got to the credits with some things

Releasing this just 17 days before TOTK is just mean lmao
I'll be binging to finish it just so I don't get torn between which to play :cry:
Dammit Nintendo I still haven't even caught up on all my Switch games from 2022!

4j7aqh.png

What the fuck???

Huh???

Oh my god

Monolith dropping a 20-30 hour RPG I gotta complete right before TOTK 😭

And yes I’m taking them at their word that they’re surpassing torna despite no physical.

I need that Japanese webpage translated (images included)…

Loving the new Alvis artwork.

What the fuck???

Huh???

Oh my god

Monolith dropping a 20-30 hour RPG I gotta complete right before TOTK 😭

And yes I’m taking them at their word that they’re surpassing torna despite no physical.

did they say that? the quote I remember was something along the lines of comparable in scope

either way though should be pretty meaty

I'm wondering if the physical version of Torna didn't sell well, so they decided not to do it for Future Redeemed. That's the only reason that makes sense to me.

It’s been so long since I’ve touched Xeno 3 so y’all refresh me

Storywise, are all these characters connected to the 6 founder statues?

Gameplay wise, can we observe any combat system changes like Torna?

between this and the base game randomly moving it's release date up by like a whole month or whatever it was the release times for this game have been so nuts

Dammit. I was hoping it would drop later in the year. I still have to wrap up the base game and would've liked to do so after finals. Now I have to avoid any and all Xenoblade content like the plague.

C'est la vie.

Coming next week and I already forgot everything about the game. I mean it's been 9 months. I should load up some late in game saves to refresh my memory before starting this.

I'll never be able to understand how ACE+Kenji Hiramatsu always manage to jam banger after banger when it comes to Xenoblade battle themes. Choosing piano AND electric guitar as the leading instruments instead of flutes like the main game also brings a lot of Torna vibes imo.
Edit 1: That said their take this time feels much less jazz and more into rock/EDM/fusion, indicated by relatively more rhythmic melodies, dotted with some guitar riffs and of course the high tempo piano+big band playing in the foreground.
Edit 2: duality continues to play a major role in the composition, as shown in the solos around 0:35 and 1:25. I find the execution this time somehow even more elegant than the base game, since instruments tend to move in groups for longer periods and avoid crowding out the soundscape.

Last edited:
This looks great, but I fucking hate Nintendo's release schedule for DLC in the past 6 months or so. Really don't want to have to rush this before Zelda, but I'm also not going to wait months after it releases.

I have a mild fear that this DLC will retroactively ruin some things about Xenoblade 1/2... they're dealing with 3 fan-favourite characters and likely their kids.

interested to see what this picture says

FuCYSxUaQAEILIe

also here's the battle theme:
It's just showing off the factions they're a part of I think.

Also cat girl looks like she's related to Nia, got a similar gem and eyes, that automatically makes her the best, I don't make the rules.

And I just picked the game back up to finish it after the first 3 waves released. I’m at the beginning of Chapter 6, probably won’t finish before this comes out at the rate I’m going with all the sidequests

Holy shit THAT SHADOWDROP

Hyped as hell, and only a week to wait! I laughed at Rex dropping those lines from 2--really like his adult design as well. Also Nichol is totally Shulk and Fiora's kid and Glimmer is totally Rex and Pyra's.

Wow i am surprised this means literally nothing for june or beyond july i was expecting them to save this for june

Back
Top Bottom