• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Xenoblade 3 - DLC #4 Trailer - Release April 25th

Holy Mackerel - I wake up in the middle of the night and get greeted with a massive media and info dump. What is going on?! Time to shift priorities around for next week. I was expecting this to be more of a late summer release.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna – The Golden Country had such a tiny print run; it would be odd to gain any solid metrics from its physical sales figures. People's perception of the game's marketing/branding was kinda skewed and confused. I'd guess that Monolith Soft and Nintendo weren't too enthused about its overall performance compared to the base game. It's a shame because a lot of love and care went into Torna - it even features the best (big finale) boss fight in the series, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I just cannot get to this before TOTK. Which means it probably has gotta be played between that and Pikmin 4.

Goddamnit lol.

Common Nintendo, could have at least released this week, so I wouldn't have to rush it...

As for no physical release... Torna was mostly standalone while Future Redeemed is meant to be played after all 3 games. They probably don't want people buying this first by mistake, plus the target audience is significantly smaller this time.

Xenoblade 3 OST artwork has dropped too.

ulvzxorw4rua1.jpg

I have a mild fear that this DLC will retroactively ruin some things about Xenoblade 1/2... they're dealing with 3 fan-favourite characters and likely their kids.
for me, XC3's ending already did that. I'm not sure if this dlc can salvage that. at least it's tackling actually being relevant to the past two games since XC3, they barely mattered, until they suddenly decided to do so

Unrelated, but Procyon Studio just tweeted the packaging for XC Trinity Box and it's fabulous

XC3 soundtrack crossfade preview also updated on their website

What in the holy mother of fuck Nintendo. You can't just drop this at night like this. What the hell.

Sad that there's no physical, but I'll take it for a release date next week(???!!!). Holy shit that trailer got me hyped.

After seeing the character art work, I'm glad Rex finally has a good outfit. Big redemption there.

Xenoblade_Chronicles_3_Expansion_Pass_Vol_4.jpg

Looks like the Tantalese ruins are displayed on the right hand side there. The snowy + frozen landscape fits the bill nicely...
Prison Island is in the middle (also featured in the trailer).

Nikol's mecha arms look suspiciously similar in structure to the ones on Poppibuster (DLC blade from XBC2).

I fucking loved XB3's ending so I'm super curious to see where this goes.

Especially considering
we already know that whatever happens here is just going to be overwritten by Xenoblade 3's ending, so it kinda makes it all seem... pointless? Like, "oh no, Rex and Shulk and everyone died. Good thing they'll all be perfectly fine once Noah and co. reconstitute the original worlds in a few millennia or whenever"

Feels like this might just be fanservice for the sake of it (which I'm not opposed to, mind you). I almost wonder if this will go beyond XB3's ending in some way... but I don't anticipate it

It’s been so long since I’ve touched Xeno 3 so y’all refresh me

Storywise, are all these characters connected to the 6 founder statues?

Gameplay wise, can we observe any combat system changes like Torna?
Only three of the party members are the founders. Matthew is Vandham, Nikol (boy with mechanical Poppi Buster looking arms) is Ortiz, and Glimmer (girl that looks/sounds like Pyra) is Rhodes. Na'el, the cat girl, is Doyle but she doesn't appear to be playable. No idea why she's wearing Aegis armor with an Ontos core and Seven gun drones at the end. She's supposed to be Matthew's sister. The two that Shulk and Rex are supposed to be mentors to (Reid and Cassini) are nowhere to be seen.

The A girl was not foreshadowed at all and is the most fascinating. She appears to be a girl Alvis. She even has his Cross Ray art (the one he uses during the three telethia fight in Makna in xc1), and Vision as a Talent Art. The relationship chart calls her Matthew's partner so my random guess is she's some sort of reborn version (or emanation?) of Alvis as a Blade and Matthew is her Driver.

For gameplay changes, it doesn't look as different as Torna from xc2 at a glance. The big difference is ouroboros are gone, instead characters look to have Chrono Trigger inspired dual techs. You can stock charges of these like the launch all in the Challenge Gauntlet. We see Nikol and Glimmer use a dual tech called Hellstream. It looks like Matthew's dual tech is with Shulk and Rex's is with A oddly. Maybe you can mix and match them? They all seem to inflict Burst with the only difference being Monado Crash (Matthew + Shulk's dual tech) is AOE. We do see the new Jojo-esque stand version of Ourboros when Matthew uses certain moves but there's nothing to say this is anything more than purely visual.

It's the same deal where left side Arts have to be a different shape/recharge style than right side Arts but we have no indication if left side Arts are gained through different classes or how that works. Shulk's one left art is a Monado Art (a new one that inflicts Target Lock) though which makes me think both sides of Arts come from the character. I'm a little worried each character will only get six Arts - three of each shape with no customization.

---

Anyways, for those saying this will be shorter than Torna: yes all the custscene titles were found in the datamine as well as the name for all the campsites. The number of cutscenes is slightly greater than Torna's (not that much more though). It's safe to say this will be Torna size. It's likely not getting the same treatment Torna got for not being newcomer friendly rather than anything to do with size. Future Redeemed looks to heavily depend upon the series' lore whereas Torna was easier to market as a jumping on point (though Kyle Bosman's stream made me doubt how well that actually worked out lol). Torna was also in the second year of switch - the same year where all they had for e3 was smash and trailers for 2019 games (Three Houses and Daemons x Machina), I can understand why they made a bigger deal of Torna and played up the idea of it being newcomer friendly.

And of course, Riku is immortal, why not?

Okay so like once I got past the initial shock... what were they even thinking

Dropping like two and a half weeks before Zelda? With like no hype and no physical? Kinda wack

Wonder what’s the VA cast.
Harry McEntire (Noah) and David Menkin (Malos) were photographed together at a London recording studio or VA agency a few months ago...
N
being in the trailer confirms Harry's contribution. Riku (didn't hear Tarinn Callender in the preview), Z (Harry Lloyd) and Shulk (Adam Howden) are all accounted for.
It'll be fun to found out who else has returned for the DLC, and discover all of the new additions to its cast.

And as expected with the Xenoblade series, having regional UK accents equals gamers deeming the whole dub to be shit. We don't need another big time JRPG to be voiced entirely by generic SoCal boys and gals, thank you very much.

Last edited:

Especially considering
we already know that whatever happens here is just going to be overwritten by Xenoblade 3's ending, so it kinda makes it all seem... pointless? Like, "oh no, Rex and Shulk and everyone died. Good thing they'll all be perfectly fine once Noah and co. reconstitute the original worlds in a few millennia or whenever"

Feels like this might just be fanservice for the sake of it (which I'm not opposed to, mind you). I almost wonder if this will go beyond XB3's ending in some way... but I don't anticipate it
Seems like kind of a weird complaint. We knew the general idea of how Torna was gonna go, didn't change that from being as good as it was either. If the story is well written and the characters are strong, which I'm expecting given that it's MonolithSoft, I don't really see the need for it to "justify" its existence.

Plus, Alvis's presence alone, along with Klaus showing up, gives this a lot of weight on its own.

I'm not going to finish Advance Wars until after Pikmin comes out at this rate.

(Or even start it depending on what comes out during the Indie World tomorrow.)

Especially considering

Yeah, that's my biggest question too. Given what we know from the main game a straight prequel seems like too much of a Torna retread, but with the setup in the trailer I can't see how it won't avoid that.

Maybe an extended epilogue on the remade XB1/XB2 worlds?

Must be rough for Shulk and Rex to see their children trapped in the Alphabet Organization scheme (they're branded, if you noticed).

What really gets me about the trailer is that final bit with Na'el. It's a little goofy with the spiky Monados and the (probably teary) song, but it's perhaps the most glaring combination of imagery from the three numbered games to date: a Gormotti (who is also a descendant of both Noah and Mio, btw) who wields the power of Ontos and wears robes loosely similar to those of Moebius members specifically M's.

It gets me, it gives me lots of nostalgia.

I find it strange that the dlc is already been released while it was normally planned for the end of this year. And that so close to zelda. Maybe is has something todo with the nextgen hw thats is going to be revealed by the end of the year. Not sure if i would play this now or after zelda. Really depends on the lengt of the dlc.

I find it strange that the dlc is already been released while it was normally planned for the end of this year. And that so close to zelda. Maybe is has something todo with the nextgen hw thats is going to be revealed by the end of the year. Not sure if i would play this now or after zelda. Really depends on the lengt of the dlc.
They stated Wave 4 would be out before December of 2023... which is going to be the case.

It was never planned for the end of the year. "Will release by the end of 2023" does not equate to "Will release at the end of 2023".

This also makes me more confident that Splatoon 3: Side Order will release sooner than we think too, maybe as early as June. Hard to imagine it'll get a big reveal-to-release window after Fell Xenologue and Future Redeemed had their release dates randomly announced just 1-2 weeks before release.

WHY IS RIKU WITH REX AND SHULK
he was the damn seventh founder the whole time lmao

dude even feigned surprise in the early chapter 5 sequence (yes, even that one) just to keep his cover

i was already thinking this before i saw Riku, but I wouldn't be surprised if this game actually explains present day Noah and Mio's existence. There were a few elements in 3 that made them seem weirdly planned; I wonder if the party of Future Redeemed's main accomplishment was setting those events into motion. At the very least, it seems Riku knew damn well he was giving the Lucky Seven to N's counterpart.

Speaking of which, I wonder if we learn anything about N's sword. Who made it? Did Riku serve pre-N Noah similar to how he did XB3 Noah?

Wonder why they chose not release this in June rather than sandwiched in between AW and TOTK? Maybe they have something else planned for June or they will be keeping that month empty as they know everyone will still be adventuring in Hyrule haha.

I noticed the part with Na'el in the armor with the Ontos core is at Raguel Lake and the part in the first trailer from February where Matthew says "like killing grandad wasn't enough for you?" takes place on Raguel bridge (you can see the metal beams behind Matthew). I just like the idea that this big confrontation with Matthew, Alvis-possessed(?) Na'el, and possibly N takes place at the site where Juju crashed his buggy.

Wonder why they chose not release this in June rather than sandwiched in between AW and TOTK? Maybe they have something else planned for June or they will be keeping that month empty as they know everyone will still be adventuring in Hyrule haha.
They are just rapid-firing everything before July, I think they've got something cooking for the Fall. Expecting that Splatoon 3 DLC to drop in June at this point.

It's hard to imagine them keeping June completely empty after packing the first 5 months as tight as possible.
  • Fire Emblem Engage
  • Game Boy and Game Boy Advance NSO
  • Metroid Prime Remastered
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass Wave 4
  • Bayonetta Origins
  • Fire Emblem Engage: Fell Xenologue
  • The Super Mario Bros. Movie
  • Advance Wars 1+2: Re-boot Camp
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Fell Xenologue
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
And I'm probably forgetting some smaller stuff, and for all we know Nintendo might not even be done with May yet. An absolutely ridiculous year so far.

Back
Top Bottom