• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox Xbox Games Showcase + Starfield Direct 2023 thread

Avowed looked great, same for Capcom's game. And Project Zero's new game looks cool as well.

Great stuff, time for Starfield now.

Well, after that, my Series S gets a stay of execution for another couple of months.
A fair bit hangs on Starfield for mine. If that's good enough for me to stay subbed, and the interesting 2024 games emerge quickly, then I might actually use it much more regularly.

They had to separate the presentations. If Phil and Todd are in the same place for too long, reality gets unstable.

That was the best gaming showcase I've seen in a long, long time. Went from having pretty much no interest in buying an Xbox to wanting one real bad. Banger after banger.

Clockwork Revolution in particular, goddamn. That's a day one.

I greatly enjoyed the Atlus Showcase featuring Microsoft. Just kidding of course, but the Atlus announcements carried this show for me. Special shoutout to Capcom as well with Path of the Goddess.

That was a pretty good showcase. A great selection of games with diverse art styles. Big W’s for gamepass as well.

Seems like Microsoft is finding their footing and they start running with Starfield.

Clockwork Revolution looks uh, very shameless, but with 2K doing jackshit with the IP sure! Gimmie

The pitch of Starfield sort of sounds like Michel Angel’s super lofty vision for BG&E2.

That was clearly a very good presentation, but, man, almost none of it interests me. Totally fine with that, though.

After seeing what PS and Xbox have cooking in the mid-term, I really do think Nintendo has a golden opportunity during the next few years. I really hope they have lots of software lined up for their next platform’s first 12-18 months.

hearing that something like this has a thousand planets or whatever is always so anti-hype for me, it just makes me think that with so many they probably won't be very interesting

Nice work all around 👏

Lots of cool looking stuff in there, will be keeping an eye on several things announced here

Good lord, Phil. Never tease any potential return of Hexen like that. Either announce one or don't. My heart won't take it.

Seriously though lol. I thought a Machine Games Hexen was coming right up

That was a decent show in my eyes, mostly thanks to Capcom and Atlus. Hellblade II and Fable's humour did a good job as well as far as I'm concerned. Well done, Xbox.

Fable showed no gameplay after all these years. Ending was so abrupt. Atlus stuff was good. Third party was good. First party was ok after being really bad so far this generation.

7.5/10 the most

How many of these games will come out?

Frustrating experiences previous where games like Perfect Dark are hyped and then vanish. That Rare game visually inspired by BotW as well.

I liked 2 games overall.

That’s pretty good. Don’t have time for everything so 1 game is always a win in any presentation lol

If Microsoft makes a new fucking Hexen before Banjo or Conker I’m going to throw a Molotov cocktail at something

I don’t know what but I’m just gonna need to commit some form of arson

I'd rate it a solid "B". The sudden ending was disappointing. I thought for sure they'd end with Gears 6 and a collection.

I give it a B-. Had some pretty solid games but I don't think Microsoft showed what they needed to from first party stuff. Don't get me wrong, a lot of the games look interesting but Fable was a whole lot of nothing, not much gameplay for Hellblade, nothing for Gears, Halo, or Everwild.

Alright I finally finished.

Great, great show! Loved what I saw across the board.

Selfishly wish it had more “available now” and a big final thing before starfield.

I got two issues with Starfield so far; thewalking animation looks like it is at 0.75x speed. Then there is my adhd. So much to explore may be too much to me. In a world where ToTk exists….my time has to be respected. Exploring has to be worth it for me to coexist with my adhd and play a game like this lmfao.

I kind of expected some Banjo thing so i'm a little bummed about that

other than that it was pretty good, good pacing like usual for these and a few interesting things even though that InExile game probably not coming out till like 2026 or something dampens my interest in it a bit

Honestly the things that piqued my interest the most were the smaller stuff like Dontnod and The Chinese Room's games. Though I am very curious about the Bioshock clone, but the "in due time" release date puts me off about caring about it too much. Similarly, Fable looks great but still feels like it's years away given they didn't even give a release window.

929193C8-F676-49B8-9A3F-E4A7BA74745B.jpeg

It's not a comment on the quality, but it's weird how Bandai Namco was always buddy-buddy with Microsoft, but did not appear in either this or last year's conference.

The key to this game is how deep the mechanics are. Gameplay looks crisp but it's really all of these mechanics that need to click. It not only makes or breaks the game but has the opportunity to turn it into one of those games you always look back on as one of the games of the generation.

This was a good showcase, plenty of games that caught my eye and with Gamepass I'll be much more likely to give it a go. Avowed looks very intriguing, that new Capcom action game looked stunning, and some excellent smaller titles like Towerborne. Clockwork looks like it might fill the Bioshock shaped hole in my heart whenever it releases. Hopefully 2024 is when things really kick into gear for Microsoft, because if they deliver on what they showed here, the future is brighter for them.

Also, Atlus friendship with Sony ended, now Microsoft is their best friend.

Edit. Starfield looks good, but knowing Bethesda I'm just sitting here thinking "...Ok but what's the catch?"

Back
Top Bottom