• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox Xbox Games Showcase + Starfield Direct 2023 thread

Avowed looks like fantasy video game stock footage, wow what a downgrade.

And 2024!? Wtf is taking these games so long?

There's something off about Avowed's art direction but I fully trust in Obsidian to deliver another banger. 🙏

Avowed really didn't wow me.

We have countless open world action games, what makes Avowed different.

At this point it’s confirmed that a Microsoft acquisition is the kiss of death for your studio. Can’t imagine the layers to the mismanagement.

Sea of Thieves meets Monkey Island is a really cool idea. Unfortunately I really don't care for SoT :')

Avowed looks pretty cool. And actually a date for next year, unlike most everything else which is probably years away.

Flight Sim continues to be one of the more impressive Microsoft IP.

I would play Sea of Thieves Monkey Island for sure if some friends of mine had the game.

Flight Simulator is still very impressive.

You want people to fake their reactions?
Not at all. But if someone’s reaction to non-Nintendo stuff is so ostentatiously more negative why post it? I mean at Nintendo Directs, most of us are able to say “this is not for me personally” but I’m seeing much less of this when it comes to Xbox/PS. But idk

Avowed really needs to sell me in what it offers that Fable or the eventual Elder Scrolls VI (remember that is a thing) does not. As of right now, I just don’t see an identity to it.

Avowed really needs to sell me in what it offers that Fable or the eventual Elder Scrolls VI (remember that is a thing) does not. As of right now, I just don’t see an identity to it.
It's coming out in our lifetime which is more then we can say for ES6 and Fable

At this point it’s confirmed that a Microsoft acquisition is the kiss of death for your studio. Can’t imagine the layers to the mismanagement.
I know Double Fine basically had to get acquired to survive, but it does worry me that we haven't heard anything about what they've been up to since Psychonauts 2.

I’m curious whether or not they can make lightning strike twice with this game. Senuas Sacrifice was great.

This is such an outstanding presentation and it’s only half over!

As a lapsed but avid sea of thieves player, sign me up for monkey island collab. And it’s coming so soon!

I'm not watching this presentation, however I am refreshing this thread every few minutes or so. I also decided that I won't question what any of you say, so if you just make up stuff, I'll take your word for it.

I thought the Hellblade 2 video looked good but it was bad for this presentation. Dragged on a bit and not much gameplay.

Rewatched the Avowed trailer. The CGI reveal back then had me interested, but I had hoped for something way different based on that initial reveal than what they've shown with this trailer now. Looks way too colourful and kinda goofy for my liking. Certainly not what I wanted the game to be/look like. Too much Outer Worlds with a different theme/setting instead of more Elder Scrolls like.

Back
Top Bottom