• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox Xbox Games Showcase + Starfield Direct 2023 thread

This is for sure a Bethesda game presentation. There's a lot of ambition here, but that's the case with all their games. For me this is really going to just come down to playing it and seeing how fast the cracks start to appear.

I don't care about Bethesda in general but I so want this to be good

it sounds like it has a lot of "stuff" in it guess we'll see how it all fits together

I just want to say kudos to MS because they have a dedicated stream with ASL. I'm watching this with my cousin who is hearing impaired and are the presentations we can both enjoy since sony and nintendo never does this

Thought it was a pretty good, not great show that had unfortunately very little that excited me as a Series S owner. Though I am also intentionally avoiding Starfield footage if I can.

Rooting for Fable, South of Midnight, Avowed and Clockwork Revolution to be good.
Metaphor looked kinda garish to me, a rare Atlus miss when it comes to art.
Yakuza is more Yakuza and who am I to complain about that?
100% here for Hellblade 2, Jusant and Kunitsu-Gami though.

Hopefully the CPU AI is just stupid for the gameplay footage. They look too stupid that it's jarring.

Good lord, Phil. Never tease any potential return of Hexen like that. Either announce one or don't. My heart won't take it.
How long was it between the Battletoads T-Shirt and the actual Reboot reveal?

Heretic/Hexen would be the natural next "id reboot" project aside from Quake

We’ve had so many games with performance issues. I still think Starfield will be one of them. But I could be wrong.

Maybe it’ll be like Zelda and be better than expected. Not perfect but nothing major

Really good showcase! Interesting variety, and Metaphor stole the main show for me. Starfield is shaping up to be my second GotY after Tears of the Kingdom.

Starfields showing was VERY convincing. I didn't expect this after the last time we saw it.

It is good to be sceptical of the technical aspect but it looked very polished, not the typical jank seen in Bethesda games.
For me it comes down how much variety there is on these planets or if it soon feels like a checklist of similar objectives but I really dig everything they have shown.
Gorgeous environments, stellar lightning, ship building, base building, interesting factions, cool combat, and so on.
I am pretty excited.

Sounds like Starfield delivered. Can't wait to watch myself later.

So many games from this show that I'm interested in. Fable, Avowed, South of Midnight, Persona 5 Tactica, Kunitsu-Gami, Hellblade 2, and Star Wars Outlaws were all really cool. But the stars of the show were definitely Persona 3 Reload, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Metaphor: ReFantazio, and Clockwork Revolution. Clockwork in particular has me completely sold on getting an Xbox, good lord it looks incredible.

Sea of Thieves meets Monkey Island is a really cool idea. Unfortunately I really don't care for SoT :')
Who wants to play SoT, already played it. So they have to attract new people. Be honest, you and me are hooked - I will download it first time thanks to Gamepass
Good lord, Phil. Never tease any potential return of Hexen like that. Either announce one or don't. My heart won't take it.
King of tease wearing a Hexen shirt, really not nice. But they can't announce it yet, Hexen is a Activision brand, if I am not wrong. Would be great if they free the CoD slaves at Raven Software. Phil - breaker of chains - Spencer.

This fall is stacked with game. This year really might be the best year in gaming. Of course Starfield has to click but damn.

Zelda vs Starfield going to lead to lots of bans across the internet
Imagine just enjoying games lmfao.

But yeah you are right.

Didn't care for much of what was shown, but Starfield looks INCREDIBLE. I am fairly certain this will be the media outlets GotY

Who wants to play SoT, already played it. So they have to attract new people. Be honest, you and me are hooked - I will download it first time thanks to Gamepass
I just can't get into those live service games, no matter how good they might look. Also usually don't have friends to play thess games with :')

Starfield looks great but the 1000 planet thing and procedural generation thing still gives me pause. To many times I’ve been burned on promises of massive scope like this. No one has pulled it off without loosing more then gaining from it in my opinion. If they can pull it off we’ll have the 2nd out of this world game this year and GOTY will be a tight race. Great times for games.

Ngl, the first 30 seconds or so of that Kunitsu-gami trailer had me convinced Capcom were bringing Onimusha back. Really looking forward to it, though.

Starfield looks great but the 1000 planet thing and procedural generation thing still gives me pause. To many times I’ve been burned on promises of massive scope like this. No one has pulled it off without loosing more then gaining from it in my opinion. If they can pull it off we’ll have the 2nd out of this world game this year and GOTY will be a tight race. Great times for games.

Yeah, that is my main concern.

I'd much prefer if they do like 100 with a lot of care at first and then expand the universe each year with an update of another 50 planets.
I'd gladly pay for these updates.

But let's see, maybe they can pull it off.

Honestly this has probably been one of the more consistently solid non-E3's we've had in recent years.

Xbox: B+
SGF: B
Playstation: C+

Some disappointment here and there but nothing outright terrible. Hope Ubisoft and Capcom are solid enough as well.

That was a very solid showcase, especially when compared to Sony's snoozefest a few weeks back. Sure, not everything appealed to me but the ones that did (mainly the Atlus games) looked great and the good news is that they'll more then likely be available on the Switch as well (or its successor).

If there is anything I'm disappointed in it was my cousin's reaction. He is a big Xbox fan, but once the showcase ended he texted me that he wished they didn't waste time on that Atlus RPG nonsense.

Jesus, they took inspiration from Faster Than Light for the space combat, that's awesome.

Love everything about the ship building, the crew, the traits, the character customization. I have fear about role play after Fallout 4, and it feels like it isn't as role play focused as TES 3 and 4, but it still seems better than Fallout 4.

The planet exploration a la No Man Sky seems boring, gun fight is very reminescent of Fallout 4 but it wasn't half bad for a RPG honestly. But the towns are gorgeous. An SF utopian city, a western city, a cyberpunk city... This looks dope.

That was a very solid showcase, especially when compared to Sony's snoozefest a few weeks back. Sure, not everything appealed to me but the ones that did (mainly the Atlus games) looked great and the good news is that they'll more then likely be available on the Switch as well (or its successor).

If there is anything I'm disappointed in it was my cousin's reaction. He is a big Xbox fan, but once the showcase ended he texted me that he wished they didn't waste time on that Atlus RPG nonsense.
I've seen a lot of reactions here from streames.Like they are super hype but the moment a JRPG goes on it's like "oh, JRGP lets use this time to discuss the real games MS have shown"

I thought it was a pretty good showcase overall. A few games I could see myself playing. Avowed looks good. inXile's new game didn't look like my cup of tea from the trailer but I think they'll put out a good game even if the trailer didn't do it for me. Persona 5 Tactics looks pretty fun and Project Re Fantasy looks good, though I didn't like Persona 5 so I won't be getting too excited for a new game from that team. More Yakuza is always exciting and that new Capcom game looked really good.

Easily the best of the three showcases I watched, and that's not including the Starfield showcase afterward.

I've seen a lot of reactions here from streames.Like they are super hype but the moment a JRPG goes on it's like "oh, JRGP lets use this time to discuss the real games MS have shown"
Opinions and all but I've found a lot of streamers have quite a limited taste in games.

Back
Top Bottom