• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Will Mainline Persona Ever Come To Switch? Update: Yes! It’s Time To Make History!

Will Mainline Persona Come To Switch?

• Yes

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Hackers 2 was announced from the latest Atlus countdown. Coming on August 26 for PS4/5, Xbox One/XboxSX, PC…and not Switch.

Soul Hackers was last seen exclusively on the 3DS so…checks out.

Yup, at this point, don't expect ANY mainline Persona game on Switch. Only thing we should expect from Atlus is mainline SMT and random ports years.

To be clear, I personally don’t think the Soul Hackers news has terrible bearing on say the next potential ports of Persona 4 Golden for example. This thread while always about the core question of will mainline Persona ever come to Switch has evolved to also include tracking rumors and the score of where Atlus games wind up so the Soul Hackers news is definitely of interest here. I do think the timeline may be closer than we think going off surveys and rumors, but it still could take a frustrating year or two so buckle up.

Unless I missed it, I think we are still due for a February announcement on the Persona year long announcement thing. If not some were guessing April earlier in the thread. I do lean towards potential Persona Switch news being announced on its own timing rather than being attached to an event like a Nintendo Direct. The latter might make more of an impact, but hey see this Soul Hacker news as the latest in a long line of Atlus being forever unpredictable.

Honestly I don't think this changes the outlook of mainline Persona on the Switch. They just have a different aim for this game.

I hadn't heard of the previous one, but when I looked up a review and then see this it's clear they want this to be bigger. It definitely gives Tokyo Mirage Sessions vibes too.

Honestly I don't think this changes the outlook of mainline Persona on the Switch. They just have a different aim for this game.
I'm still in the camp of "Switch will get Persona but it'll be part of a wider multiplatform release". I don't think there's much else going on aside from maybe some exclusivity deals or Atlus not having the time to port and QA them.

is the persona news this month going to be the costumes in soul hackers 2

Just 6 days left. Not expecting anything significant to be fair.
Same. I feel April will probably be better. That said, if the Persona 4 Arena website was pointing towards the Midnight Collection coming to Switch, if it wasn’t an error / quirk of the website, this would kind of be the last chance to announce it.

Remember a few years ago when Square announced all those Final Fantasy ports on Xbox and Switch? I wouldn't be shocked at all if something like that happens. They announce Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, and maybe but probably not Persona 5 Royal at the same time with various dates.

Remember a few years ago when Square announced all those Final Fantasy ports on Xbox and Switch? I wouldn't be shocked at all if something like that happens. They announce Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, and maybe but probably not Persona 5 Royal at the same time with various dates.
Happy for all the PS, PC, and Xbox fans who will get to enjoy those classics :)

If they release P5R on Switch my sister will finally play something other than Animal Crossing on her Switch.

They announce Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, and maybe but probably not Persona 5 Royal at the same time with various dates.
We'll get P4G and the dancing game after P4U and Atlus will wonder why people are unhappy with them

Will they be hard as hell to find because Spotify doesn’t have region specific metadata and Japanese companies DGAF about making sure anyone outside of Japan can find them?

There's your February announcement lol?

The Japanese website didn’t update so that doesn’t appear to be the announcement. It’s still saying February for the next news.

It’s the squares on the bottom for the seven big announcements, right now we only have the merchandise and Teddie for the Persona 4 Arena announcement. One says February and the last one that’s probably Persona 6 is the final box.

Last edited:
I'm not really familiar with Atlus and their history of Persona/SMT shenanigans. Can someone explain what's the rationale in having their major series entries spread out exclusively on different consoles? Like SMTV is Switch exclusive, yet mainline Persona is not on Switch at all, almost defiantly so. They're even okay with bringing P5 Strikers to Switch.

I'm not really familiar with Atlus and their history of Persona/SMT shenanigans. Can someone explain what's the rationale in having their major series entries spread out exclusively on different consoles? Like SMTV is Switch exclusive, yet mainline Persona is not on Switch at all, almost defiantly so. They're even okay with bringing P5 Strikers to Switch.
That's the best part. You can't explain. Atlus is Atlus.

The Japanese website didn’t update so that doesn’t appear to be the announcement. It’s still saying February for the next news.

Well, time is ticking. I'm just expecting something like more merchandise.

Will they be hard as hell to find because Spotify doesn’t have region specific metadata and Japanese companies DGAF about making sure anyone outside of Japan can find them?
Can’t speak to Spotify, but the larger announcement mentioned Apple and Amazon music as well and I just looked and found the Royal soundtrack immediately on itunes. It’s in English.

Can’t speak to Spotify, but the larger announcement mentioned Apple and Amazon music as well and I just looked and found the Royal soundtrack immediately on itunes. It’s in English.
Yeah iTunes in general has been very good for Japanese VGM. Although there are certain things on Spotify that exist on iTunes (and vice versa) which is annoying.

Since Soul Hackers 2 isn't on Switch then I don't have any hopes for mainline Persona games as P5 Strikers is a spin-off of Persona and Dynasty Warriors franchise. Atlus time and time again dropped the ball, P4G could have had 3DS port yet 3DS got PQ games.

Switch is nearly 5 years on the market and is on pace to outsell PS4 this year and has already outsold 3DS little over a year ago. On 3DS SMT IV launch sales did 400K while SMT V did 800K at launch outselling lifetime sales of SMT IV that is 600K, also better than Persona 4 Golden on PS Vita that did 700K in a year thus SMT V may outdo P4G lifetime sales of IIRC 1.5 million.

Switch sooner or later is going to outsell PS4 this year and it reach 100 million in less than 5 years compared to PS4 reaching it in nearly 7 years. Square Enix is all on board on Switch by releasing exclusives, remasters and ports on the platform thus taking all the money on the table for itself.

Teddie says hi!

We are due for big Persona news today, it’s the last day of February in Japan. This would be announcement 3 out 7.

And there's the February announcement?
The site hasn’t updated yet so we can’t say either way.

Edit: it’s listed as news, not one of the seven boxes at the bottom so looking like no.

I wonder what makes implementing rollback for Switch games more difficult, the Capcom collection is meant to have it right?
Yeah Capcom’s will and other games do have it on Switch. I know it is supposed to be very hard if the game wasn’t designed for it originally, but it’s such a huge bummer for people like myself who were looking forward to the Switch version.

For Arc System Works specifically, I believe BlazBlue Central Fiction added rollback for PC only (skipping PS4 and Switch) and BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle got it for PC and PS4 and skipped Switch.

I wonder what makes implementing rollback for Switch games more difficult, the Capcom collection is meant to have it right?
While I have no experience in making multiplayer games, rollback netcode requires the game to not only keep track of the current state, but also the state of the last several frames, such that in case it needs to do a rollback, it can go back several frames and recompute a new current state from there. Computationally, this is more demanding than delay-based netcode, which might make it harder to pull it off on the Switch.

Google translate says events and merch news so I guess it’s time to pack this one up and hope for the next. It’s in an hour if anything happens.

Damn... Thanks for keeping us updated. I don't keep my hopes up, but maybe that P4G or P3 could be a Direct annoucement in June or September

praying for P4Golden to come to switch and multiplatform

persona summon in 37mins ( at this time of posting )

I'm so tired of the announcement of an announcement shit companies are doing. Lol.
Always is the worst if they don’t set expectations in advance.

I mean it’s probably cool for Japan, they get a museum to go visit for six - seven weeks, some cafes, and uh hotel rooms to rent (my minimal Japanese knowledge did not help me understand what was going on with that one).

@Bokuringo the art you shared on the last page was for this museum / festival event btw.

I mean it’s probably cool for Japan, they get a museum to go visit for six - seven weeks, some cafes, and uh hotel rooms to rent (my minimal Japanese knowledge did not help me understand what was going on with that one).
I see Atlus has been reading Square-Enix’s “how to milk your fans” playbook. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom