• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Fun Club Why I Trust The Process

Aurc

Trust The Process
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
People here and elsewhere have asked me why I trust The Process. Why I insist upon it, why I place my faith in it. Some have asked me what exactly The Process even is. Allow me to answer those questions.

The Process has multiple key components, but the two most prominent ones inhabit the space of the pragmatic, and the realm of the mystical. This duality is integral to The Process, and what makes it go beyond a simple belief system.

The pragmatic elements of The Process are straightforward: those at Retro Studios working tirelessly to eventually deliver to us an exciting new adventure in a saga we love dearly. Game developers are The Process. Of course, we must also acknowledge the profound level of passion and eager anticipation that we ourselves have shown in the years since the announcement. Metroid fans are The Process. Then there's the hero at the center of this great saga, boldly vanquishing evil at every turn... Samus Aran is The Process.

The mystical elements of The Process are more complicated. More abstract. Harder to define. Is The Process a higher order? Is it like the hand of God, hovering above? Some who have brushed up against it in their great devotion have described it in such terms. I personally don't know, but I'm not going to tell them they're wrong.

Those who trust The Process are wise, for they understand that regardless of whether it is approached from a perspective of grounded logic, or out of faith and conviction in a higher order, The Process is simply inevitable.

I do not trust The Process because I have to.

I trust The Process because I choose to.

I trust The Process because it creates order in a world of absurdity.

If ever I should fall in battle, a warrior of The Process, fending off the contemptible parasites who would aim to disrupt its sanctity... weep for me not. For the greatest and most noble Valkyrie of them all shall shepherd me into Valhalla.

53169637465_de95b23dd7_o.png

T R U S T
T H E
P R O C E S S

We need to limit the number of Metroid threads that the staff can make on a daily basis. We need to be encouraging more Star Fox threads!

This thread is going to get really interesting next week.
I actually can't wait. Opening oneself to getting dunked on can be fun, and I fully recognize I've just gone and done that

I don't have the time to write a full reply at the moment, but choosing to trust the process has brought more calmness and serenity into the time I spend waiting for faraway things. Metroid Prime 4 is the most prominent example, but it applies to many other things.

I trust the process!

❤️ the Process.

Instead of burdensome complexity, everything becomes as light as a feather and clear! The more you understand the more you're going to love it.

It is ineffable, yet beautiful.

This might be the single most important post to ever graze the face of Famiboards in at least a week!

This is a horrible topic. Misleading chicanery only out to trick people.

You're misled my child. A dark shroud has clouded your mind, and we hope you'll be able to dispense of it, by giving yourself over to the almighty Process!

You're misled my child. A dark shroud has clouded your mind, and we hope you'll be able to dispense of it, by giving yourself over to the almighty Process!
The only thing clouding my mind is some X I just ate recently.

Next week, the bloomers will once again go up against the doomers. Reminder that the score is currently 1-1, so we're actually in for a tiebreaker. Exciting!

This is a horrible topic. Misleading chicanery only out to trick people.
I am not crazy! I know MP4 isn't being shown! I know it won't be until 2025. One after Magna Carta. As if I could ever be wrong about this. Never. Never! I just - I just can't prove it. Aurc's covered his tracks, he got that idiot in the Speculation thread to lie for him. You think this is something? You think this is bad? This? This chicanery? He's done worse. That thread poll! Are you telling me that a majority of members just happen to vote like that? No! He orchestrated it! Aurc! He trusted in the process! And I Yeah'd him! And I shouldn't have. I took him into my own replies! What was I thinking? He'll never change. He'll never change! Ever since 2017, always the same! Couldn't keep Metroid Prime 4 off his bingo cards! "But this year it'll be shown! Couldn't be another delay for Metroid Prime 4!" Tricking them blind! And HE gets to be a forum administrator? What a sick joke! I should've stopped him when I had the chance!

6wb7ea.png

metroidcanery.jpg

Last edited:
I am not crazy! I know MP4 isn't being shown! I know it won't be until 2025. One after Magna Carta. As if I could ever be wrong about this. Never. Never! I just - I just can't prove it. Aurc's covered his tracks, he got that idiot in the Speculation thread to lie for him. You think this is something? You think this is bad? This? This chicanery? He's done worse. That thread poll! Are you telling me that a majority of members just happen to vote like that? No! He orchestrated it! Aurc! He trusted in the process! And I Yeah'd him! And I shouldn't have. I took him into my own replies! What was I thinking? He'll never change. He'll never change! Ever since 2017, always the same! Couldn't keep Metroid Prime 4 off his bingo cards! "But this year it'll be shown! Couldn't be another delay for Metroid Prime 4!" Tricking them blind! And HE gets to be a forum administrator? What a sick joke! I should've stopped him when I had the chance!

6wb7ea.png

metroidcanery.jpg
This may be the funniest and most well crafted post I've ever seen on this site

Last edited:
The process is realizing that Metroid Dread wouldn't be a bad game to end on
A fair point. I am also an advocate for a series having a great game and just ending (which prevents future Other M or Federation Force scenarios).

However, the Prime series has currently ended on Federation Force as its most recent entry that isn't a remaster. I absolutely REFUSE for Metroid Prime to end on such a sour note.

This 100% would have worked if Sam Hinkie was allowed to finish what he started.
Yeah Sam Hinkie was actually forced out pretty early on. It felt like he was there forever but he was really only there for a few years until Adam Silver forced the Colangelos onto the Sixers. For context, he had left before Ben Simmons was even drafted. Would Hinkie have drafted Simmons? Almost definitely. He was the no brainer #1 pick. But Ben Simmons was also an All Star level player until the Hawks series and back injuries derailed his career.

I don't know if it definitely would've worked. There are so many different possible ways things could go in a situation like that. But at the very least a lot of the really bad decisions that the Bryan Colangelo and Elton Brand front offices made probably wouldn't have been made. Does Hinkie trade up for Markelle Fultz? Maybe, but it doesn't really seem like the way he does things. Would he have maxed out Tobias Harris? Seems unlikely. Hiring Doc Rivers? Drafting Mikal Bridges and trading him on draft day for Zhaire Smith? Who knows.

At the end of the day, when Hinkie resigned, the Sixers' 3-4 year Process left them with Joel Embiid (a top 10 player in the NBA) and the #1 pick in the draft. That's a pretty good place to be. Then Hinkie resigned and Bryan Colangelo was appointed GM by his own father and The Process had ended. But make no mistake. The Process left the Sixers in a great place. Trust the Process.

The process is realizing that Metroid Dread wouldn't be a bad game to end on
Too much potential lore would be left on the table. You saw Dread's ending. Samus Aran's story is only just beginning...
But does the process trust me? 🤔
I personally trust you.

But when it comes to The Process, I believe this: we should ask not what The Process can do for us, but what we can do for The Process.

6wb7ea.png

metroidcanery.jpg
Can we please give you a big shiny medal, and a round of applause? Holy crap. I do not regret posting this thread. This is amazing. Thank you.

Yeah Sam Hinkie was actually forced out pretty early on. It felt like he was there forever but he was really only there for a few years until Adam Silver forced the Colangelos onto the Sixers. For context, he had left before Ben Simmons was even drafted. Would Hinkie have drafted Simmons? Almost definitely. He was the no brainer #1 pick. But Ben Simmons was also an All Star level player until the Hawks series and back injuries derailed his career.

I don't know if it definitely would've worked. There are so many different possible ways things could go in a situation like that. But at the very least a lot of the really bad decisions that the Bryan Colangelo and Elton Brand front offices made probably wouldn't have been made. Does Hinkie trade up for Markelle Fultz? Maybe, but it doesn't really seem like the way he does things. Would he have maxed out Tobias Harris? Seems unlikely. Hiring Doc Rivers? Drafting Mikal Bridges and trading him on draft day for Zhaire Smith? Who knows.

At the end of the day, when Hinkie resigned, the Sixers' 3-4 year Process left them with Joel Embiid (a top 10 player in the NBA) and the #1 pick in the draft. That's a pretty good place to be. Then Hinkie resigned and Bryan Colangelo was appointed GM by his own father and The Process had ended. But make no mistake. The Process left the Sixers in a great place. Trust the Process.
How many Finals appearances and championships did the Process result in again?

I don't know anything about basketball. I'm not into following sports. The 76ers are my favorite team, though. I think you can probably guess why...

6wb7ea.png

metroidcanery.jpg

I've never experienced a twist in a Famiboards post before, let alone one that made me bark out a laugh

I've never experienced a twist in a Famiboards post before, let alone one that made me bark out a laugh
It's a Better Call Saul reference. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it. Lotta people had doubts about a Breaking Bad spinoff about the funny lawyer bloke, but I trusted Peter Gould and Vince Gilligan's Process and got a masterful, GOAT-caliber show out of it.

I remember, a warm beach day, where the light left my eyes. Where I knew I had drifted off. An intimate day, between myself and the process. We were the only two there. The prints we left in the sand mingled, i was one with the process, as it had been with me. Eventually, as the light filled my eyes again, and as I woke, I witnessed only one set of footprints in the sand.
I looked to the process. It was nowhere to be seen.
But the footprints were not mine.
The process...had carried me.

In wrestling terminology, @Metroid would be known as the heel.

In Famiboards terminology, he would be known as antagonistic, detestable, non-believing, sabotaging... should I go on, or is my meaning clear?

Back
Top Bottom