• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Why I Trust The Process

Just honoring a couple of my favorite posts...
I know shit is great for Metroid fans right now but this is for @Aurc whenever they may need it
NpDR1Uy.png
taps the sign
Metroid-Trust2.jpg

Meatballs in green gelatin with a convenient handle to hold everything? What's wrong?
Thanks Yamanoi. Meatballs in green gelatin sounds utterly vile. See you in the review thread for when it gets added as a dish at Super Nintendo World and scores a 2/10.

What about Silksong fans?

Silksong fans should also trust the process. It should be a much easier time for them honestly. Multiple trailers, a gameplay demo, minor updates from developers, and a much shorter wait from announcement to release.

I'm still trusting The Process that will eventually deliver me Half-Life 3. That is how strong my faith in The Process is.

Thanks Yamanoi. Meatballs in green gelatin sounds utterly vile. See you in the review thread for when it gets added as a dish at Super Nintendo World and scores a 2/10.
But you know what Super Nintendo World aughta do?

a4w13zrr0zr51.jpg

lil jello, raspberry, and almond buddies

nods sagely Ah, yes, the process. Carry on, thou enlightened. Our faith will be rewarded in due time.

Just wanted to say what great work is being done to grow the faith over in the Direct Speculation thread. Shout-out to my fellow Processors.

The process is meant to be both trusted and respected:sneaky:

What are your top 5 favourite Nintendo franchises @Aurc ?
1.) Metroid
2.) Animal Crossing
3.) WarioWare
4.) Punch-Out!!
5.) Wario Land

My taste is a bit weird compared to most Nintendo fans, I guess. Metroid is my #1 favorite series ever, and I like a couple more after that, but that's basically it. I'd never claim to be a Nintendo diehard, but merely a bloke who knows and is comfortable in what he enjoys. I wish they'd give their more neglected IPs a bit more love.

1.) Metroid
2.) Animal Crossing
3.) WarioWare
4.) Punch-Out!!
5.) Wario Land

My taste is a bit weird compared to most Nintendo fans, I guess. Metroid is my #1 favorite series ever, and I like a couple more after that, but that's basically it. I'd never claim to be a Nintendo diehard, but merely a bloke who knows and is comfortable in what he enjoys. I wish they'd give their more neglected IPs a bit more love.
Yep... bring back Fzero, Wave Race, Pilot Wings, Punch-Out and Kid Icarus please.

I don't know anything about basketball. I'm not into following sports. The 76ers are my favorite team, though. I think you can probably guess why...
I mean, all jokes aside, the Process years were a mess that never produced the results the 76ers brass wanted, and only influenced the NBA to clamp down on teams looking to tank their seasons for the sake of better draft lottery odds.

"We're going to go out of our way to absolutely stink up the joint" is a strategy, but only the desperate would seek to emulate it.

Though I guess Metroid fans are nothing if not in a perpetual state of desperation.

Though I guess Metroid fans are nothing if not in a perpetual state of desperation.
Nah, literally the exact opposite with this fanbase at the moment, I'd say.

It sucks if it wasn't the will of The Process for the 76ers to succeed, but if the "Process Era" for Metroid fans began in 2017 with the release of Samus Returns, I don't think we're allowed to reasonably be bitter or complain. That game conveyed a message of "Hey, looks like Nintendo can still put out a pretty good Metroid game", with Dread following that up with an excellent Fusion sequel many of us waited two decades to finally see, and then earlier this year, Prime Remastered released to loving embrace from the fanbase as one of the highest quality modernizations of a classic in recent years.

You add that up, and realize we've not only got another release inbound in Prime 4, but a colossal one that we know for a fact is coming (when any number of other, less fortunate fanbases would kill to have that reassurance), and you've got the reason I personally say it's simply absurd not to trust The Process. When grace itself shepherds one through the light, one must express gratitude, and trust The Process.

If you trust the process, you bottle the league. Don't trust the process.
I don't know what bottle the league means. I'm just trying to bottle up The Process so I can take a swig of its majesty each decade and remain young and full of vigor and conviction forever. #TTP

I probably just haven't been posting enough, but I honestly still don't understand what any of this means.

Trust the process = expect metroid in the next direct? Or just be a metroid fan or?

I probably just haven't been posting enough, but I honestly still don't understand what any of this means.

Trust the process = expect metroid in the next direct? Or just be a metroid fan or?
Yeah, it's specifically about Metroid Prime 4. Not just in reference to its potential appearance in next week's Direct, but just belief in general that things are proceeding well behind the scenes at Retro, and that we shouldn't enter doomer mode (even though some folks have understandably become frustrated with the long wait to see anything of the game).

I think things will be fine, they'll show it when it's ready to be shown, and that our patience will be rewarded. The next Direct may be the one, or it may not be, but regardless, I trust The Process.

Yeah, it's specifically about Metroid Prime 4. Not just in reference to its potential appearance in next week's Direct, but just belief in general that things are proceeding well behind the scenes at Retro, and that we shouldn't enter doomer mode (even though some folks have understandably become frustrated with the long wait to see anything of the game).

I think things will be fine, they'll show it when it's ready to be shown, and that our patience will be rewarded. The next Direct may be the one, or it may not be, but regardless, I trust The Process.
Ohhhhh, I see. Trust the process means assuming that things are totally fine with Prime 4, it's just that games take time to develop and we'll see it when it's ready? If so, it seems I've been trusting the process all along without knowing it

As a long suffering Sixers fan I'm incredibly conflicted about this lmao
It's such a good mantra that transcends basketball. I'm grateful to the Sixers!
Ohhhhh, I see. Trust the process means assuming that things are totally fine with Prime 4, it's just that games take time to develop and we'll see it when it's ready? If so, it seems I've been trusting the process all along without knowing it
Yup! I just find it to be a highly positive and reasonable mantra, and that's why I (and now seemingly a ton of Fami in the Direct speculation thread!) espouse it. I definitely think there's too much negativity to be found in certain corners of the internet, so I'd rather look forward to something in a healthier way through The Process, alongside the amazing Fami community. All the Processposting is generally exaggerated for fun.

I saw HockeyBird in the Direct spec thread say "Metrust Process 4", and got upset I hadn't thought of that
This thread has legitimately been pre-occupying my days. I must honour The Process with as many dank memes as possible.

I played a little Transistor the other day on a whim and had forgotten the enemy force is called…The Process. What does it all mean?? 🙃

This thread has legitimately been pre-occupying my days. I must honour The Process with as many dank memes as possible.

I played a little Transistor the other day on a whim and had forgotten the enemy force is called…The Process. What does it all mean?? 🙃
The Process is just so rich, so vast, so intricate, that I don't think we can ever hope to fully grasp its infinite majesty. I'm sure I've even given some conflicting information on the nature of The Process from time to time, but it's only because it speaks to me in so many different ways, often unraveling itself in directions I couldn't have anticipated.

Maybe the enemy faction in Transistor is a different sort of Process? Kind of like how Metroid has the Tallon IV Chozo's Process, and the Galactic Federation's Process, and only the former is morally correct, with the latter being a Process of malevolence and corruption. We must remain vigilant, as to not be seduced by evil.

The Process is just so rich, so vast, so intricate, that I don't think we can ever hope to fully grasp its infinite majesty. I'm sure I've even given some conflicting information on the nature of The Process from time to time, but it's only because it speaks to me in so many different ways, often unraveling itself in directions I couldn't have anticipated.

Maybe the enemy faction in Transistor is a different sort of Process? Kind of like how Metroid has the Tallon IV Chozo's Process, and the Galactic Federation's Process, and only the former is morally correct, with the latter being a Process of malevolence and corruption. We must remain vigilant, as to not be seduced by evil.
Phew, thank you for that unassailable logic. I'm sorry I strayed, if only for a moment.

Some recompense:
DWA1pqu.png

Nah, literally the exact opposite with this fanbase at the moment, I'd say.

It sucks if it wasn't the will of The Process for the 76ers to succeed, but if the "Process Era" for Metroid fans began in 2017 with the release of Samus Returns, I don't think we're allowed to reasonably be bitter or complain. That game conveyed a message of "Hey, looks like Nintendo can still put out a pretty good Metroid game", with Dread following that up with an excellent Fusion sequel many of us waited two decades to finally see, and then earlier this year, Prime Remastered released to loving embrace from the fanbase as one of the highest quality modernizations of a classic in recent years.

You add that up, and realize we've not only got another release inbound in Prime 4, but a colossal one that we know for a fact is coming (when any number of other, less fortunate fanbases would kill to have that reassurance), and you've got the reason I personally say it's simply absurd not to trust The Process. When grace itself shepherds one through the light, one must express gratitude, and trust The Process.
This is the same fanbase that lost its goddamn mind in the Fami review thread over whether a remaster of a twenty year old game would have a record-setting Metacritic score.

It didn't, the thread was locked, and forced a rethink of review thread policy owing to the insanity that led to it getting locked.

Never mind that many of those reviews were minimally analytical and coasted on opinions from when the game launched.

Trust the Process just reminds me too much of basketball executives trying to pitch a PR spin on a tactic that didn't actually work and is largely derided as a trashfire moment in team history. That doesn't tell me anything positive about Metroid or the idea of using such a cornball canned slogan with a tainted origin for the purposes of keeping calm.

If you have faith the game will be good, that shouldn't even be necessary.

This is the same fanbase that lost its goddamn mind in the Fami review thread over whether a remaster of a twenty year old game would have a record-setting Metacritic score.

It didn't, the thread was locked, and forced a rethink of review thread policy owing to the insanity that led to it getting locked.

Never mind that many of those reviews were minimally analytical and coasted on opinions from when the game launched.

Trust the Process just reminds me too much of basketball executives trying to pitch a PR spin on a tactic that didn't actually work and is largely derided as a trashfire moment in team history. That doesn't tell me anything positive about Metroid or the idea of using such a cornball canned slogan with a tainted origin for the purposes of keeping calm.

Breaking kayfabe of my title real quick, chill. You're taking this too seriously. You don't have to enter every thread that bears a positive tone about Metroid just to say "But the fanbase!!" We know. Let us have our fun.

Breaking kayfabe of my title real quick, chill. You're taking this too seriously. You don't have to enter every thread that bears a positive tone about Metroid just to say "But the fanbase!!" We know. Let us have our fun.
An acknowledgement of the kayfabe is appreciated. Seriously, it can be impossible to tell. 2023 and discerning intent and sarcasm in online text remains difficult.

All I'll say before bowing out is that I mean what I say about the 76ers comparison. It doesn't do the gag any favors.

An acknowledgement of the kayfabe is appreciated. Seriously, it can be impossible to tell. 2023 and discerning intent and sarcasm in online text remains difficult.

All I'll say before bowing out is that I mean what I say about the 76ers comparison. It doesn't do the gag any favors.
It really isn't. People are posting as if it's a religious experience and Fun Club is right on the title.

Back in to kayfabe, good then. If the 76ers is an example of the Process being broken, all the better.

This just goes way too extreme for what's supposed to be fun and in good spirits. I don't even really wanna confront the weird "This fanbase sucks!" energy, because you've also previously taken a small minority of toxicity and applied it to large subsets of the Metroid fanbase, and it's like... okay, I get it, those people are awful, I denounce them, but they're not representative of the overwhelmingly chill majority of Metroid fans on this site, simply because they like the same video game series we do. There are plenty of barmy people all over the web who will attach their identity to a piece of media, and get angry when it lands at a 95 instead of a 96, or whatever the case may be. Those wack blokes and naff folks need to reassess themselves. Agreed.

Regarding the MPR review thread, I was in there defending Sterling's critical review against the weird backlash it was getting, and then I worked with the rest of the team to put together the review thread guidelines you refer to, in an effort to minimize that type of behavior going forward, so I'm pretty sure we're on the same side here mate.

Last thing: I don't watch sports. I don't know the lore of this basketball team's trials and tribulations. I just know #TTP is a fun phrase I like. It's not meant to be taken as a literal, play-by-play recreation of the strat the 76ers employed. I'd hoped that was obvious.

People here and elsewhere have asked me why I trust The Process. Why I insist upon it, why I place my faith in it. Some have asked me what exactly The Process even is. Allow me to answer those questions.

The Process has multiple key components, but the two most prominent ones inhabit the space of the pragmatic, and the realm of the mystical. This duality is integral to The Process, and what makes it go beyond a simple belief system.

The pragmatic elements of The Process are straightforward: those at Retro Studios working tirelessly to eventually deliver to us an exciting new adventure in a saga we love dearly. Game developers are The Process. Of course, we must also acknowledge the profound level of passion and eager anticipation that we ourselves have shown in the years since the announcement. Metroid fans are The Process. Then there's the hero at the center of this great saga, boldly vanquishing evil at every turn... Samus Aran is The Process.

The mystical elements of The Process are more complicated. More abstract. Harder to define. Is The Process a higher order? Is it like the hand of God, hovering above? Some who have brushed up against it in their great devotion have described it in such terms. I personally don't know, but I'm not going to tell them they're wrong.

Those who trust The Process are wise, for they understand that regardless of whether it is approached from a perspective of grounded logic, or out of faith and conviction in a higher order, The Process is simply inevitable.

I do not trust The Process because I have to.

I trust The Process because I choose to.

I trust The Process because it creates order in a world of absurdity.

If ever I should fall in battle, a warrior of The Process, fending off the contemptible parasites who would aim to disrupt its sanctity... weep for me not. For the greatest and most noble Valkyrie of them all shall shepherd me into Valhalla.

53169637465_de95b23dd7_o.png

T R U S T
T H E
P R O C E S S
we are all so deseparate for Metroid Prime 4, this become a cult

It really isn't. People are posting as if it's a religious experience and Fun Club is right on the title.
Nope, I've been online long enough to know that by itself isn't a clarifier. Not by a long shot. Not on a video game forum or anywhere else.

This just goes way too extreme for what's supposed to be fun and in good spirits. I don't even really wanna confront the weird "This fanbase sucks!" energy, because you've also previously taken a small minority of toxicity and applied it to large subsets of the Metroid fanbase, and it's like... okay, I get it, those people are awful, I denounce them, but they're not representative of the overwhelmingly chill majority of Metroid fans on this site, simply because they like the same video game series we do. There are plenty of barmy people all over the web who will attach their identity to a piece of media, and get angry when it lands at a 95 instead of a 96, or whatever the case may be. Those wack blokes and naff folks need to reassess themselves. Agreed.

Regarding the MPR review thread, I was in there defending Sterling's critical review against the weird backlash it was getting, and then I worked with the rest of the team to put together the review thread guidelines you refer to, in an effort to minimize that type of behavior going forward, so I'm pretty sure we're on the same side here mate.

Last thing: I don't watch sports. I don't know the lore of this basketball team's trials and tribulations. I just know #TTP is a fun phrase I like. It's not meant to be taken as a literal, play-by-play recreation of the strat the 76ers employed. I'd hoped that was obvious.
I apologize, it's not my intent to ruin everyone's fun. And I appreciate you helping to make the site better when issues like what that thread presented cropped up.

Genuinely, I want Prime 4 to be a good game that the people waiting so long for it will enjoy. I also want people waiting for it to have fun. Outside looking in, though, the Process talk seems...not exactly comforting in maybe the way you want it to be. I'll leave it at that.

Nope, I've been online long enough to know that by itself isn't a clarifier. Not by a long shot. Not on a video game forum or anywhere else.

I apologize, it's not my intent to ruin everyone's fun. And I appreciate you helping to make the site better when issues like what that thread presented cropped up.

Genuinely, I want Prime 4 to be a good game that the people waiting so long for it will enjoy. I also want people waiting for it to have fun. Outside looking in, though, the Process talk seems...not exactly comforting in maybe the way you want it to be. I'll leave it at that.

You are free your opinions, of course, but I'll just say that Fami has had the best group of Metroid fans that I've come across on any gaming forum. The vast majority of users in the Prime 4 and general Metroid thread are passionate and well behaved.

I'm not sure what happened in the MPR review thread, I keep my participation in review threads to a minimum because I know how toxic they can be. But I know the mod team on this site has always done a great job dealing with that stuff.

The Process is just something fun we came up with to deal with the long, hard wait for MP4 in a fun way. But in the end it's not that serious, it's just video games, and we're just having fun.

Honestly though, having patience and a positive outlook on things is a far healthier way to live than all the negativity and Doom and gloom that plagues this industry. And on a personal level, life is extremely difficult and depressing for so many right now, and I'll happily take all the good vibes and positivity and sense of community anywhere I can get it.

I Trust The Process but I don't like it when people say stuff like "I believe Prime 4 will be revealed at the Direct. Trust the Process." No one thinks this game isn't being developed, we just think it won't be revealed this year.

I Trust The Process but I don't like it when people say stuff like "I believe Prime 4 will be revealed at the Direct. Trust the Process." No one thinks this game isn't being developed, we just think it won't be revealed this year.
I think your viewpoint is understandable, and yeah, not believing it'll appear in this exact Nintendo Direct in a couple days doesn't necessarily disqualify one from being a believer in The Process. I'd previously outlined in this post further up the page that on the whole, in most practical terms, The Process is simply belief that MP4's development is in no dire state, and that we'll see the game when they're ready to show it. It's the belief that everything's gonna work out in the end.

"But Aurc, why then, do you ramp up the #TTP rhetoric whenever a Direct is imminent?"

Because any Direct could finally be the one, and they're all worth believing in. I've maintained that we can trust, but never force, meaning we aren't going to start cursing things and lose faith if the game isn't shown in one particular Direct. Things honestly wouldn't change. I've already trusted The Process for what feels like over a dozen Directs MP4 has been totally absent from. One more is nothing.

We should be highly suspicious of anyone who says "If MP4 isn't shown on this exact date, The Process is a sham!" No, it's just that you tried to force it to give you what you wanted, when you wanted it. The Process is benevolent, but not our personal genie. #TTP

Back
Top Bottom