• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Metroid fans: will Metroid Prime 4 be in tomorrow's Direct? Do you trust the process?

Do you trust the process?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aurc

Trust The Process
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Six years.

It's been six years since Metroid Prime 4 was announced to be in development for the Nintendo Switch. The project has since been famously rebooted under Retro Studios, which was made known to the gaming public in January of 2019.

Since then, we've seen and heard nothing noteworthy in the way of an official update.

I'll ask you, Fami: is Wednesday, June 21, 2023 the day Metroid Prime 4 is finally revealed to us in all its glory? Will it get a release date? Do you trust the process for tomorrow specifically, or is the process intent on keeping us waiting just a bit longer?

AromaticNaughtyGuppy-size_restricted.gif

My brain is telling me no but we all remember what happened the last time I didn't trust the process.

Yes.

I've been dreaming BIG DREAMS since E3 2019, always holding out for Zelda.

Now that Zelda is out, there just isn't any letting up - the next BIG DREAM is imminent.

And you can't dream BIG DREAMS without trusting the Process

My confidence is not shaken. Tomorrow is the day we've been waiting for for six years now. The process is nearly complete. It's time.

"Focused MAINLY on games releasing this year"

The Process is giving us a hint. It has left the door open for the glorious reveal of Metroid Prime 4. About 38 minutes into the direct, the host will say something like, "how was that? We hope you have enjoyed all our announcements today. As always, stay tuned for more news in the future. Before we go, we would like to share one final announcement. Fans have been waiting a very long time to see this, and we greatly appreciate your patience. Please, have a look. SNAP" -- Metroid Prime 4 trailer plays. It has a specific release date, no later than the end of March. We all lose our minds with how amazing it looks.

Even if things do not go according to plan, I will not lose faith. The Process sometimes works in mysterious ways. Right now, however, I'm all in on tomorrow being our deliverance.

I shall trust the process.

Before Prime remastered I couldn't even imagine what Prime 4 would look like, but I've been blown away by how it's pretty much a remake and like the best looking Switch game.
So now?
The process is trusted.

Last edited:
i don't understand why they dropped Metroid Prime Remastered out of nowhere in February instead of around now or September direct unless MP4 is coming fairly soon so, it definitely makes sense to be here, but i can also see it not being here... very conflicted - im gonna expect no, and hope yes.

With Prime Remastered out, the time feels right. This has to be the year they show us the first trailer, at the very least.

My only fear is that they're planning to also release the Echoes and Corruption remasters before Prime 4.

I think there is a higher chance that they'll just drop HD-versions of Echoes/Corruption and call it a day.

I think it's still happening. 2D Mario opens the show, Super Mario RPG and Pikmin 4 "deep dive" (like 5 mins) are two of the three individual highlights, and Metroid Prime 4 as the closer, I'd say. It feels right to prime us with the original game earlier this year, then reveal the new game for late this year/early next year in the following direct.

And don't lose faith until the very end of the show if it's not showing up yet. Remember, Prime Remastered was part of the Switch HEADLINES despite being the most exciting game in the presentation, looking incredible, and shadowdropping that day lmao

Metroid mindshare is pretty high right. Is. Would think they need to capitalize on it if it’s anywhere close to being in a good state.

I want to believe in the process.

The small word "mainly" gives me hope. Also what @aus89 said, they wouldn't have dropped Prime 1 out of nowhere at the start of the year if Prime 4 wasn't shaping up to appear later that year.

I really want to say yes.

But… I just can’t. Metroid is my favourite series, but that’s why I can’t allow myself to believe.

Please, for the love of God, let me be wrong.

Unless it's a holiday 2024 game(and even then it has a shot since this is the "E3" Direct), it'll be shown tomorrow.

If it's this holiday, it has to be. If it's still this FY, it'll get a date like ACNH did. If it's later in the spring, I think it gets shown there with "spring 2024", gets another trailer in September, and then gets its release date either there or in February.

If they properly reveal it here, then this Fall will be very interesting.

If they don't properly reveal it here, then this Fall will...still be interesting lol.

I'm gonna assume Metroid Prime 4 is next year so I'm gonna say it'll be revealed in September rather than tomorrow.

I understand people's doubts.

Truth be told, there's also a part of me that worries it won't be in attendance tomorrow. I genuinely, sincerely hope it is, but what's giving me pause and nagging at me is the knowledge that there will be another Direct later this year, and that they could very well save it for that one, assuming Metroid Prime 4 is a 2024 game (which I believe it is). I won't get into the potential interplay between MP4 and the long-awaited new hardware reveal, but that's also a valid consideration. With Nintendo, reveal to release is always comprised of a very small window, after all.

I'm definitely leaning more optimistic about tomorrow, but it's just as @Gengar wisely noted above: the process works in mysterious ways. We can trust, but we can't force (nor would any true disciple ever aim to). I spent most of my life trusting the process for Metroid 5, and when the stars aligned, that process reached completion. Comparatively, the time I've spent waiting on Prime 4 is nothing. So many other Metroid fans are of the same mindset (both here on Fami, and elsewhere).

The process, the pattern, and the journey. I'll ask all true believers to please continue trusting them all. Good things come to those who wait.

tumblr_okcj9vbzBj1rby4vso2_r1_500.gif

(Gif by @Rabbit_MACHINE)

I only doubt it'll be here because I believe Prime 4 is very important to the first year of their next gen Switch console. Might even go hand in hand with marketing.

Though it can still be teased here, with proper gameplay looks and whatnot later on as it is likely a cross gen game.

i want to believe, but with a 2d Mario and potential SNES remake being leaked for the direct but there being zero smoke for Prime 4 from the usual suspects is making me doubt

Since it's a fat general direct, they will show some stuff that is further out into 2024, so the possiblity exists. That said, I very much want this game to be a crossgen/nextgen title, so I'd rather not see it until new hardware is being announced.

I think Nintendo probably knows people are very eager to see it. It has been four and a half years since development restarted, after all. It's not like an unannounced game where they can reveal it whenever they feel convenient - they know it's in huge demand and has been teased for the better part of a decade. That's the one thing that's giving me hope that they'll at least give us a teaser trailer.

Hmm... it would make a lot of sense for it to be shown tomorrow

But to be optimistic about seeing this game is just asking for disappointment

I was fairly confident until some of the recent rumors, but now I think there's enough "big" stuff that it could skip this Direct and be revealed in September (for a Spring 2024 release)

just going to plug this real quick

Oh god, I completely forgot about this poll and am totally on team 2024 now but voted 2023 originally lol. I think it's a total coin flip whether MP4 appears in this Direct (though I'm going with YES), but I don't expect a 2023 release date at all.

...Yeah, I think so.

Unless this game really slips out of the "Q1 2024" forecast, I think it's time to finally give us a LITTLE something, with even more in September to make for a continuous drip feed.

Hmm... it would make a lot of sense for it to be shown tomorrow

But to be optimistic about seeing this game is just asking for disappointment

The life of the Metroid fan is either extreme disappointment or extreme jubilation. This is our life and we've accepted that.

Just remember what they did with a frickin gamecube, they don't need a switch 2 to make what will undoubtedly be one of the greatest games of all time

The best possible Metroid Prime 4 is one developed with the current Switch in mind, no cross-gen, no next-gen shenanigans. Just focus on what you have and make the best possible game with an install base of 120 million and counting consoles.

Asking a game to switch target platforms in the middle of an already troubled development is asking for trouble. Breath of the Wild was also not better off being crossgen, at least from a technical standpoint.

Last edited:
I obviously want to be in the next direct... But I am a sworn enemy of the process

Always trust the process. It will steer us in the right direction.

It's gonna feel a little unreal seeing Prime 4 up and running. 6 years of waiting is a long time. But miracles have happened. Metroid Dread happened. I'm gonna be optimistic.

I'm a coward and I'm too afraid to say yes.

Love it. I'm going to use the hell out of that vocative from now on.
It took almost two years but it's finally caught on. That sweet summer mod of ages past can rest easy now

Back
Top Bottom