• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Metroid fans: will Metroid Prime 4 be in tomorrow's Direct? Do you trust the process?

Do you trust the process?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah, unless it was 3d mario, but lets not forget that nintendo ended e3 2009 with other m, not with galaxy 2, much less new super mario bros wii lol.

Anyway, i believe it might happen despite my vote, but i hope it doesnt because i unironically would be happy if that reveal video got 4 million views before we saw a single image or teaser of mp4.

Yes, i do believe it will be crossgen as well.
Times like these I wish I had a million followers so I could say "at 2:55pm everybody go watch this video" could probably get at least 29k of them to do it xD

Since Prime 4 was originally announced in a summer Direct, it would be awesome to get that reintroduction in a summer Direct. I won't be surprised at all if it's not there tomorrow. And honestly, holding it until September makes a lot of sense. But I really believe maximum hype would be achieved in this Direct. Summer Directs just seem to have that extra little bit of magic.
Completely agreed. Even without the actual label of “E3”, the fact that this Direct is in June makes it the ‘E3 Direct’. It would be perfect if they showed Metroid and Mario here.

Just rewatched the announcement and fuck I forgot just how well timed the music was

Feels right. H2 is empty and the game definitely is a Switch title, regardless of what else it is or may become (eg. cross-gen).

I’m not too excited to see it anymore frankly tho. Really eager to see what Retro can pull off on a new system with all the recent talent, even if it’s cross-gen.

Quoting and responding to a few folks before I turn in for the night.

For those who trust the process: conviction is everything! Keep that spark of hope alive.

For those who do not trust the process: understandable. Nothing is guaranteed. There's obviously no shame in thinking Nintendo might save the reveal for another time. We've waited a long while, and we can certainly wait a little longer.

Not long left to go until the presentation. I'll hopefully have myself a good night's sleep, and be energized and ready in time for the greatness sure to come tomorrow morning!
My brain is telling me no but we all remember what happened the last time I didn't trust the process.
That was a fun thread, and this one's vote count has already surpassed it (obviously, since Metroid Prime 4 is the bigger deal between the two). The question is: can #TeamProcess secure another win this time, or will the score even out at 1-1, believers to doubters? We shall see...
With Prime Remastered out, the time feels right. This has to be the year they show us the first trailer, at the very least.

My only fear is that they're planning to also release the Echoes and Corruption remasters before Prime 4.
I'd actually welcome Echoes and Corruption remasters with open arms, even if it meant Prime 4 would be delayed by an additional year. The entire trilogy deserves to be brought up to the high quality standard established by Prime Remastered. If they skip 2 and 3 and head straight into 4, I'd have my doubts about seeing them released after the fact.
I obviously want to be in the next direct... But I am a sworn enemy of the process
Ice Beam. Super Missile.
I trust the process more than I trust myself
Relatable 🥲
I trust the process more than it's reasonable. Prime 4 reveal and Prime 2/3 shadowdrop let's gooooo
This is brave and bold... wow. If this happens, I'll be asking the process to grant you a new Style Savvy next time. I promise!

Ol' Jimmy Joe ain't gonna trust no process at all

I don't think it will be there; but if it is, I will be very pleasantly surprised

owned-ive-been-owned.gif

There is no way we aren't seeing this game tomorrow, whether the rleease date is in Holiday or in Spring. Full trailer + exact release date. It's now been 2 years since Takahashi reassured us that development continues. We are seeing this game.
Did I miss something?

Called it years ago... it's the perfect game to show off the new graphical tech of the next console. We won't see it until the reveal of Switch 2.

3d Metroid is one of the few Nintendo properties where graphical excellence really matters. No point showing it running at 720p on Switch.

Trade The Process to Miami so they can finally win a chip

Listen - we got Dread, we got MPR. We've already won. MP4 will come when it comes.

I have the feeling that Pikmin 4 is a good indocation for Prime 4 marketing

And with this I mean they are going to drop Prime 2 and 3 together with Prime 4 last trailer

Just save the game that was at the third year pf development by Retro by the time teams hade anything about Switch 2?

I honstly thinl people are very strange that Retro, if there is a switch 2 version, where already beyond many milestones of the project

This is going to be a launch title for the next console. Cross gen whatever you want to call it.

This is going to be a launch title for the next console. Cross gen whatever you want to call it.
That was probably always the case by a long shot any 2024 game will have some setting for Switch 2, even remasters probably

I am still confident, that MP4 will be released this FY. But MP4 is too small for Christmas, especially in Japan. Putting 2D Mario and Mario RPG there makes all sense. So my bet is MP4 will be released as March Release, it's a nice end of FY release, where no one expects bonkers sales, but it will finish off the FY well.

This is closing the September Direct with 2 and 3 shadowdropping like Pikmin 1 and 2 just did. Book it.

No since the September direct seems to directed towards Japanese fans the closer for it will be the Fire Emblem remake releasing in early 2024 like Fire Emblem engage

Well as said tecnically we got a Metroid announcment, Prime 2 and 3 will very probably recieve the same treatment as Pikmin 1+2

So yeah 30 on the eshop for Prime 2 and 30 for Prime 3

Yeah, expecting a September reveal. Still think this will be in H1 2024 as the last big flagship Nintendo Switch title.

I really don’t want to have the September direct end only for us to all start saying: “Ok, Game Awards it is”

And then “ok, February direct it is”

Retro, take the time you need to make this amazing, but please let us take a peek!

I really don’t want to have the September direct end only for us to all start saying: “Ok, Game Awards it is”

And then “ok, February direct it is”

Retro, take the time you need to make this amazing, but please let us take a peek!
Don't worry, we'll see it in September.

Back
Top Bottom