• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Music What song are you listening to right now?

I think maybe I have posted this here before, but man. Never not delighted this was an official, paid advertisement (plus the jams)

one of my favorite TOTK tracks.

In honor of The Academy Is... reuniting for some shows I'm gunna throw it back to William Beckett's solo stuff. This EP for some reason isn't available anywhere anymore, which is a shame because it's his best stuff and this IMO is his best song.

The Gaslight Anthem coming out with a single featuring Bruce Springsteen today has me smack dab in the middle of a strange Venn Diagram with BarMinHeimer, but God I'm feeling good

Not sure how crazy I am about the production but this is a great song. Already better than anything off Get Hurt.

Last edited:
@Buried In Time your username is so apt but kudos to you for your devotion to The Midnight! They're one of my favourite bands and I've had the luck of seeing them three (four?) times in concert and I've gotten two of their setlists haha

I was really digging the synth and 80s feel to this already, but you should have warned me it has absolutely lethal levels of saxophone, god damn
Oh man, the studio releases cannot possibly prepare you for a live concert performance.

Next time they're in your city, you get their tickets. The vibes are ✨immaculate✨

Not sure how crazy I am about the production but this is a great song. Already better than anything off Get Hurt.
I kinda agree with you on the production (that guitar solo does take a little getting used to), but everything Brian has been saying about this record sounds like it's gonna resonate with me in an extremely potent way

I always find it funny though how I'm in the minority of TGA fans who actually enjoyed Get Hurt and regularly return to the album 😅 It's definitely a complete tonal shift from what they did prior, but the finale of Ain't That A Shame, Break Your Heart and Dark Places are among my favourite TGA songs, and then the bonus track of Hallowe'en (granted a hold out release written way back) is still a favourite

Washer by Slint.

After years of delay, I finally decided to listen to Spiderland this week and it's as awesome as advertized.

I’m more of a fan of these guys’s first 3 albums (first two especially,) but I’ve had the opening track of their most recent album stuck in my head for a while now

oh hell yeah, i wasnt a big fan of any of CRJ's other albums ive listened to, but this one really hit the spot. been on loop most of the weekend

what a groove

Certainly the other standout for me from the album (and the common consensus I think)

As for what's playing "right now", though...

The Gaslight Anthem coming out with a single featuring Bruce Springsteen today has me smack dab in the middle of a strange Venn Diagram with BarMinHeimer, but God I'm feeling good

Those are two names I haven't thought about in a long time. Pretty great though :D

Back
Top Bottom