• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Music What song are you listening to right now?

yeah yeah yeah listening to my own music like a fool

also the new Baths

also being shredded by Sufjan

as if on cue, shuffle has delivered me a mountain of trash

Bowling - Round 2 (Spectating)
Nintendo Switch Sports

Cbat
that piece from that Reddit guy

The 7 C's
Mannheim Steamroller playing C in seven octaves

Reese's Puffs Rap
the mashup with Uptown Funk

I posted this yesterday, but I just found a color live version with the band in some wild outfits. 1969 was a vibe. I can't decide if the drummer's shirt is high fashion or if he's wearing a tablecloth:

Not sure if you are aware of related bands, but check out Belly, The Breeders, Pixies and Kristin Hersch's solo stuff too 😁
I love The Breeders and the Pixies.

I wasn't aware of Belly, but given Tanya is in it I'm sure as hell checking that out. The same goes for Kristin's solo stuff. Thanks for the suggestions.

oh you have no idea what michael brecker is capable of

look up a piece called upside downside, I like the 1987 newport jazz festival performance
I didn't even know that was Michael Brecker! Huh. I've heard a fair bit of his stuff and he's fantastic, but most of it is the more mainstream friendly kind. I might have to do a deeper dive.

I didn't even know that was Michael Brecker! Huh. I've heard a fair bit of his stuff and he's fantastic, but most of it is the more mainstream friendly kind. I might have to do a deeper dive.
beware any player of that session renown no matter how banal their catalog

jeff porcaro could also go fucking crazy when the shackles of american pop came off. every japanese record he plays sounds like a different drummer

Back
Top Bottom