• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Sales Data Video game sales updates, courtesy of Install Base!

Congrats to you guys! I'll be looking forward to signing up the moment that registrations are opened. :)

Main hope is that the sales community finds a permanent home on the new forum. This is their third web forum they’ve had to go to in recent years. And it’d be nice if they didn’t have to uproot themselves again.
They just need to make sure that they have better moderators &/or administrators that aren't like the ones on either ResetERA or on NeoGAF who are acting like dictators in which they're so ban happy & power hungry. And the same with this forum.

Both of those forums would ban anyone just for having an opinion or can't exactly say anything right in their eyes (even if what they say doesn't break the rules at all). And most of the moderators on ResetERA are the ones who migrated from NeoGAF in the first place.

I'm sorry for going off the subject, but it needs to be said.

Last edited:
Congrats to Sales Era on opening up their own forum. Hoping to register there as well!

Cross posting what I said about Kuro in another sales thread here

Kuro being a ps4 exclusive in 2021 probably didn't help much either. It also doesn't help when you advertise Kuro as being a "new start" for the franchise, then flood the marketing with tons of references to characters from prior arcs which puts off people who may have jumped in with this game.

Also probably not the best idea to come out 2 weeks after Tales of Arise which makes Kuro look super low budget by comparison.

It's such a strange stubbornness to see. CS3 sold half of what CS1-2 did due to the lack of a day 1 portable version. I can understand why in 2016 when CS3 was in development why there was no faith by Falcom in Nintendo's upcoming NX, and with CS4 probably not enough time to change course. By the time Hajimarie was entering production it was clear a good chunk of that Vita audience had moved to Switch, and Falcom has simply chosen not to embrace it and watch sales dwindle.

Falcom either needs to just go all in and push out Kuro 2 as a ps5 exclusive with top of the line graphics to try and make a splash, or get a day 1 Switch version ready even if it has to be outsourced. Maybe they're just content with 50k sales going forward in Japan with hope that East Asia/West pick up the slack down the road with their multiplatform releases, but that seems like a risky proposition.
100% agree. I used to be on the side that Falcom was doing fine because of their income being higher, but if Kono wants Kiseki to finish one day, it needs to change. 50k is ridiculously low. They'll only get Western sales into account in 2024 (at the very least). A PS4 game in 2024...

Will everything be up and running at the new site for the big hardware launch (Switch OLED) and the big software launch (Monkey Ball)?

I miss the knowledge of Sales ERA, looking forward to the opening up of the forum! I see the linked archives in the MC threads are going to link to archives on Install Base instead of older GAF/ERA threads, nice. Everything in one place!

Still a few things to clear up before the public launch but we are doing everything possible ;)
I sincerely hope you guys do a couple days of open registration from free emails, before you lock it down to paid emails, as many have wanted to join up with gaf/resetera but the walls kept us out.
My job would never allow a game oriented email to get through.

Something for the little guys, perhaps

I sincerely hope you guys do a couple days of open registration from free emails, before you lock it down to paid emails, as many have wanted to join up with gaf/resetera but the walls kept us out.
My job would never allow a game oriented email to get through.

Something for the little guys, perhaps
We won't require paid emails for joining as we believe there are other ways to fight against bots and multiple accounts submissions ;)

We won't require paid emails for joining as we believe there are other ways to fight against bots and multiple accounts submissions ;)
Will you need to get an account approve to read posts? I mostly lurked Sales thread cause of all the fascinating information since I rarely had anything to contribute

Will you need to get an account approve to read posts? I mostly lurked Sales thread cause of all the fascinating information since I rarely had anything to contribute
It is only a temporary measure since everything isn't set up perfectly right now. Once the site goes public, lurkers will be able to read the sales threads.

Although I hope you'll join nonetheless :D

I was mostly a casual observer of Media Create Threads, but it's great to see that the community found a new home and will keep their work going. Congrats on the launch!

It is only a temporary measure since everything isn't set up perfectly right now. Once the site goes public, lurkers will be able to read the sales threads.

Although I hope you'll join nonetheless :D
Are the PAL thread people there? It has entirely disappeared from Era so…

There's a thread on whether Mario Party Superstars will outsell Super Mario Party, which I don't feel is likely since there has not been a scenario where the second or later Mario Party game on the same console is the best-selling one. I don't mind if this is an unprecedented case, since Mario Party Superstars is looking to be a solid package of the games that came before it, but unless the games got a significant push, it's not the most likely to happen (even Super Mario Party got online added so the online aspect is not new to this game).

Thank you for reading.

There's a thread on whether Mario Party Superstars will outsell Super Mario Party, which I don't feel is likely since there has not been a scenario where the second or later Mario Party game on the same console is the best-selling one. I don't mind if this is an unprecedented case, since Mario Party Superstars is looking to be a solid package of the games that came before it, but unless the games got a significant push, it's not the most likely to happen (even Super Mario Party got online added so the online aspect is not new to this game).

Thank you for reading.
The online aspect in Super Mario Party came so late in its life that there's no indication it measurably impacted the sales of the title. While online isn't something that will sell Mario Party Superstars on its own, it will aid in consumer decision making.

That said, I agree, Mario Party Superstars is unlikely to outsell Super Mario Party, since so many people already have SMP and wouldn't care to have "the latest innovations in the Mario Party series".

I don’t know how much online even helps Mario Party sales wise. It’s a great feature to be sure, but Mario Party is so synonymous with couch multiplayer that it’s hard to think online will drive sales.

Also would be extremely surprised if Superstars outsells SMP, the first game has too much of a lead already.

I don’t know how much online even helps Mario Party sales wise. It’s a great feature to be sure, but Mario Party is so synonymous with couch multiplayer that it’s hard to think online will drive sales.

Also would be extremely surprised if Superstars outsells SMP, the first game has too much of a lead already.
I think moreso Online limits sales, but even then marginally. Not too many outside enthusiast communities make nline their primary social-context. I think post-COVID though, it's become a lot more of a necessity to have those online features. Also the online discourse is heavily driven by small enthusiast communities who gain enough traction to trend on twitter. Including online in SMSS will at the very least prevent that from happening regarding online features.

oled.png

https://marketresearchtelecast.com/...apan-there-wont-be-units-for-everyone/166246/

Anyone want to take a shot at what the total sales of Switch family will be this week? I say 198k minimum and 270k maximum.

So what's the concensus. Weekly threads or no weekly threads? I say weekly threads 😌
My intention as thread creator was to keep this as a hub for general sales discussion (with title updates for each new weekly update) while leaving the weekly individual threads to the people at Install Base. Registration will be opening up there before too long and I figured it’s not worth duplicating discussion when there’s a whole community opening up that focuses on it. I don’t think there’s enough dedicated sales interest here to necessitate a weekly thread (we’re only on page 3 after a few days of this thread being opened). This is more for the casual discussion from the Nintendo community’s perspective and a guide to where to find more focused discussion. Of course, if people want something in a different format, I’m welcome to the idea.

Last edited:
My intention as thread creator was to keep this as a hub for general sales discussion (with title updates for each new weekly update) while leaving the weekly individual threads to the people at Install Base. Registration will be opening up there before too long and I figured it’s not worth duplicating discussion when there’s a whole community opening up that focuses on it. I don’t think there’s enough dedicated sales interest here to necessitate a weekly thread (we’re only on page 3 after a few days of this thread being opened). This is more for the casual discussion from the Nintendo community’s perspective and a guide to wear to find more focused discussion. Of course, if people want something in a different format, I’m welcome to the idea.
Makes a lot of sense actually. Thanks for clarifying. I'll be sure to check there for the sales stuff. Wonder how active it'll be over there. Quite crazy how fragmented everything has become I hope it doesn't affect the activity.

I think it'll take time but I balieve install base will become the well known goto place for that sorta talk. Curious to see how it'll go.

Last edited:
I think it'll take time but I balieve install base will become the well known goto place for that sorta talk. Curious to see how it'll go.
I've seen a lot of the people around who are posting in InstallBase. They have a formidable community there that's both extremely knowledgeable and versitile. I look forward to when they open up to us peons so I can further delve into what's being shared.

Last edited:
NeoTWEWY is the next free trial in japan

That's original TWEWY

I don't know the shipment amount for OLED in Japan, the hope is they restock it asap to avoid droughts since that is way worse.

Let's be honest, it was mostly because Mods turned out to be assholes (which is both ironic and sadly predictable since that was also the reason why people left the old old site).

The reason people left neogaf was way more serious than "the mods are assholes". There were serious sexual misconduct claims against the owner and despite how some may feel, that's a lot different than some moderators getting off on being powercrazed jerks on the internet.

PAL Week 40
Wonder how active it'll be over there. Quite crazy how fragmented everything has become I hope it doesn't affect the activity.
The activity is quite good right now, and I believe it will remain so as most (all?) of the regulars of Era sales threads are there and being a sales focused forum will probably attract regulars from other sales discussions beyond Era too. Overall activity will probably take a good hit with significantly less posts from users who don't really care about sales, but that's a huge win in my book.

The reason people left neogaf was way more serious than "the mods are assholes". There were serious sexual misconduct claims against the owner and despite how some may feel, that's a lot different than some moderators getting off on being powercrazed jerks on the internet.
It was even more than that, with the revelations about Amirox.

ResetEra, XboxEra, FamiBoards, Install Base?

EDIT:
No, you must mean Meta Council, XboxEra, FamiBoards, and Install Base
Just catching up, but I was wondering, when did meta council and Xbox era launch and what is meta council? I couldn't tell at a glance...

Back
Top Bottom