• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Sales Data Video game sales updates, courtesy of Install Base!

Ahh gotcha. Thank you. I know why sales left but I'm out of the loop otherwise. Why did Nintendo, Xbox and Steam leave?

With PC I know a lot of trolls were coming after the community about the whole Epic Game Store stuff. Comments like "It's just another launcher. Just download, it's no big deal". That type of stuff while ignoring things PC users were more concerned about like EGS not have as many features as Steam, having to create new friends lists, etc. I also think the mods started banning some of the PC/Steam users so they left. I think the Xbox people also got sick of the console waring so they left.

Glad that SalesEra got their new home up and running in good form.

I do lament the fragmentation of our communities, though.

Hello everyone, and thanks to @Nabbit for inviting me here!

I was a regular of the eShop threads on Era and posted every now and then in the MC Sales thread. Just wanted to follow some of you lovely people XD

Is there any way to read all the posts on InstallBase? Just to have another forum to enjoy. The more the merrier!

Hello everyone, and thanks to @Nabbit for inviting me here!

I was a regular of the eShop threads on Era and posted every now and then in the MC Sales thread. Just wanted to follow some of you lovely people XD

Is there any way to read all the posts on InstallBase? Just to have another forum to enjoy. The more the merrier!
Install Base is still in a beta period, but should be opening for registration and lurker access soon.

With PC I know a lot of trolls were coming after the community about the whole Epic Game Store stuff. Comments like "It's just another launcher. Just download, it's no big deal". That type of stuff while ignoring things PC users were more concerned about like EGS not have as many features as Steam, having to create new friends lists, etc. I also think the mods started banning some of the PC/Steam users so they left. I think the Xbox people also got sick of the console waring so they left.

Thanks both of you. Yeah, the fragmentation of the communities as you aptly put it is disappointing. But hopefully this forum can grow into its own vast community, directly from us all.

Install Base is still in a beta period, but should be opening for registration and lurker access soon.
Looking forward to it, since it's frustrating only being able to view the first post of the sales thread on there. I know I don't post often, but it's killing me missing out on the discussion!

Looking forward to it, since it's frustrating only being able to view the first post of the sales thread on there. I know I don't post often, but it's killing me missing out on the discussion!
Nah, you're not missing much, all we do is Yeah! each other all day long.
actually there is no Yeah! button on Install Base...

ResetEra, XboxEra, FamiBoards, Install Base?

EDIT:
No, you must mean Meta Council, XboxEra, FamiBoards, and Install Base
What about JoyFreak?

Let's be honest, it was mostly because Mods turned out to be assholes (which is both ironic and sadly predictable since that was also the reason why people left the old old site).

Thanks both of you. Yeah, the fragmentation of the communities as you aptly put it is disappointing. But hopefully this forum can grow into its own vast community, directly from us all.

Indeed. And the majority of the mods &/or admins from NeoGAF had migrated over to ResetERA, where they manage to drive away tons of good communities there.
  • XboxEra
  • SteamEra
  • PCEra
  • AsianEra
  • TransEra
  • MuslimEra
  • SalesEra (both NPD & Media Create)
It's their fault. I wonder which community will be their next victim?

Last edited:
What about JoyFreak?

Indeed. And the majority of the mods &/or admins from NeoGAF had migrated over to ResetERA, where they manage to drive away tons of good communities there.
  • XboxEra
  • SteamEra
  • PCEra
  • AsianEra
  • TransEra
  • MuslimEra
  • SalesEra (both NPD & Media Create)
It's their fault. I wonder which community will be their next victim?
Wait, what? All of the mods from GAF either stayed with Evilore or they quit because they couldn’t abide by the revelations regard Tyler (in addition to a bunch of other stuff that had been building up). If they were on Era at all, it was as regular community members. Am I misunderstanding something here?

Last edited:
Wait, what? All of the mods from GAF either stayed with Evilore or they quit because they couldn’t abide by the revelations regard Tyler (in addition to a bunch of other stuff that had been building up). If they were on Era at all, it was as regular community members. Am I misunderstanding something here?
I thought that happened.

No GAF mod who moved to Era became a mod on Era. They retired from moderation after that event and were normal members on Era. Some stuck around on Era, some left.

Hello everyone !

We are making good progress on Install Base public launch. Things are moving well thanks to the hard work of everyone involved and the amazing support of the Community. Still, it might take a bit more time to get everything perfectly set up.

However, given the strong demand and a very exciting end of the week (OLED, Metroid, Media Create, NPD...), we decided to open another round of early registration.

If you are interested, you can either show it by posting here or via PM. We'll try to add a maximum of people interested as fast as possible, with a limited number of spots for this round.

See you here and there ;)

EDIT : Install Base opens its public registration !

The forum is accessible here : https://installbaseforum.com/

Last edited:
Hello everyone !

We are making good progress on Install Base public launch. Things are moving well thanks to the hard work of everyone involved and the amazing support of the Community. Still, it might take a bit more time to get everything perfectly set up.

However, given the strong demand and a very exciting end of the week (OLED, Metroid, Media Create, NPD...), we decided to open another round of early registration.

If you are interested, you can either show it by posting here or via PM. We'll try to add a maximum of people interested as fast as possible, with a limited number of spots for this round.

I'm interested. Really missed reading all the sales discussion.

Hello everyone !

I'd like to join if possible.

Hello everyone !

I'm interested. Would love to see and participate in the Media Creates threads.

Hello everyone !

Count me in as well. Love to join in the discussions.

Hello everyone !

Hi @Lelouch0612 I am definitely interested. Please sign me up. Literally just signed up here when I saw this post as I had been lurking and waiting to see where the sales community moved.

Hello everyone !

I’m very interested in joining, thanks!

I am interested in registering! Been a lurker for the past year in the media create forums and want to become part of the discussion more

Would love to join installbase too; been following the sales threads for so long, it feels weird to not have them anymore.

I'm definitely interested in registering. Video game and console sales are always fun to analyze.

Hello everyone !

I'm interested! I know I may have missed this round, but am definitely.hoping to register whenever it becomes available

Hello everyone !

I am interested in joining as ell.

I’d also like to register at Installbase. I was a lurker back then, but I’d love to give my two cents about all those cents.

Hello everyone !

im very interested if possible

Hello everyone !

I'm interested! I don't post much (This is my first post here lol) but I always read every post in MC threads and am saddened to be over 700 posts behind. Just let me lurk until its open and I'll be satisfied! :D

I’m interested too! I don’t post a lot but been following MC threads since the Nintendo DS days!

sent my info over discord earlier in the week, but i will write here as well to confirm my interest in joining install base. Thank you @Lelouch0612 and everyone over there for all your hard work

Hello everyone !

I'm very much interested.

I'm all in for an early registration hookup. Sales-age is what initially got me hooked on Neogaf, from way back when that one poster kept making a console fanfiction narrative saga.
I'm dying for more of that conversation and debate

Really sucks that all those communities got fragmented, but at least I see old faces I haven't seen in a long time!
Already showed my interest and gave my name in the discord.
Can't wait to see everyone in tomorrows Media Create thread again!

Hello everyone !

If it's at all possible, definitely would be interested in joining. While I didn't participate too much in the previous threads, was always a pleasure reading Chris and everyone's analysis and stuff about on-goings (and Chris was also pretty helpful in responding to me on a few things in the past as well).

Hello everyone !

Hi, if registrations are still open I’d love to be added. Thank you!

Hello everyone !

I wasn't planning to join here until next year, but I had to do it because of this. If there's still open spots then I'd really like to join.

Even if not everyone might make it in the next wave, I'll be keeping the names of everyone that showed interest for the next time ;)

Yeah, I started counting the number of names ahead of me and thought, “hopefully next time.”

Looking forward to then.

Hello everyone !

I'd like to register :)

Hello everyone !

I'd love to register too 🙂

Back
Top Bottom