• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Film Transformers: A Complete Cinematic Appraisal |ST| Beyond Good, Beyond Evil, Beyond Your Wildest Imagination

Clov

An ethernet cable girlfriend
Pronouns
She/Her
So, it’s come to this. @Phosphorescent Skeleton has, against all odds, somehow convinced me into watching EVERY Transformers movie with her. Yes, even that one. So following the success of our Mario Movie Marathon, it was time we took on a new, greater challenge (of the GoBots…?). Watching each Transformers movie, and determining on an objective level which is the best of them all. While Phos and I are only normal, average women with our own biases, we understand that in order to rise above the wine drinking, cheese eating “critics” who so reviled the Mario movie, we have to use special criteria to judge the films more accurately, more objectively, using the traditional 60-point scale. These criteria are:

The Arcee Factor: This is the single most important factor in any Transformers film; are there girl robots? Are they gay? Nobody’s coming into a film with this sort of title for the Cisformers either.

arcee_x_aileron_kiss_by_buringoragneblaze_ddk4hyj-fullview.jpg

Wow Cool Robot: The entire purpose of the Transformers franchise is to sell cool toy robots. So ARE the toy robots cool? If not, then what’s the point?

images

The Mystery of Convoy: Generally, people agree that the greatest work of fiction is the Famicom game, The Mystery of Convoy. Given that it’s not a movie, we won’t be reviewing it, but this category is really about how well the story stacks up to the golden standard it set. Even today, people debate about just what the Mystery of Convoy really was…

images

Rumble is Blue, Frenzy is Red: The name of this category is something universally understood amongst Transformers fans. This category is about whether the film chooses to stay true to its roots, or stab the legions of loyal Hasbro Heads in the back.

A5DnEeSH7xT1LNhh-GhlzMcZHa5rT19yY8jPBN7bF4Y.jpg

Are Their Songs Better?: Everyone knows that movies these days are all about the needledrops, because nothing’s better than the best of 40 years ago.

Dotd1_sneakiest_soundwave.jpg

Ride or be Ridden: See below.

Dvih6ctWsAEu6ay.jpg

Why are you doing this!?

After the last thread, Phos and I ascended into becoming universal constants. We HAVE to do this because this is now, in itself, our existence.

Are you going to watch all of these in one day?

No! There is not enough time, nor amount of alcohol safe to consume in a day to get us through it all that quickly. We will watch these across several weeks.

What movies will you be watching?

All of them! But will there be more than meets the eye to our journey through Transformers cinema?

images

“Let’s transform and roll out!” - Orson “Boss Bot” Welles

Bah weep gragnah weep nini bong.

I’ll be watching this for any opportunity to drop the obsessive knowledge of a boy that was the right age in 1986 to leave the cinema in a state of shock after they whacked my childhood hero in front of me in order to sell me the newer toys. :D

There’s also a coronation here in the UK this weekend. I have warned my wife that I’ll be deploying “Coronation, Starscream? This is bad comedy.” as many times as possible as I might not get to do it again.

Bah weep gragnah weep nini bong.

I’ll be watching this for any opportunity to drop the obsessive knowledge of a boy that was the right age in 1986 to leave the cinema in a state of shock after they whacked my childhood hero in front of me in order to sell me the newer toys. :D

There’s also a coronation here in the UK this weekend. I have warned my wife that I’ll be deploying “Coronation, Starscream? This is bad comedy.” as many times as possible as I might not get to do it again.

Reading through the idw comics now. I love Cyclonus and his tiny husband.
Yeah they are super cute. The whole thing is really well done. Lost Light/MTMTE is probably one of my favourite things any longrunning multimedia IP has ever done. It’s smart, witty, empathic, while finding new routes for characters defined by a quote on a box as a toy 30+ years previously, and not excusing villainous action while still letting characters grow. Just wonderful. I need to go back and reread them all again.

It’s like, I loved these characters as a child in the 80s and here they are, expanded and reimagined and with a spirit of adventure and silliness alongside welcoming absolutely everyone on board for the ride. Just magical.

Last edited:
(Phos' Review) GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords (1986)
Gobots: Battle of the Rocklords

Wow, thr first film in the Transformers multimedia empire. What humble beginnings.

Whats that you say? Not a Transformers movie? Actually it is, fuck you. Hasbro owns these dipshit now and they are part of the larger Transformers "toyaverse". Anyways this movie is...well...bad.

The Arcee Factor:
With movies like Crasher and Solitaire in them, you can't lose! Crasher is canonically gay in both IDW continuity and the bible! She's always laughing! She has the same powers as Rumble, but that's none of my business....
10/10
Wow Cool Robot:

The rock lords aren't robots, but they suck shit through a chainlink fence, and make no mistake. The gobots are also technically cyborgs or something, but they are also not good. Crasher and Cykill are cool. We have a toy of Cykill from the 80s, and our Megatron killed him. 2 cool robots outta...lets say 40 ain't good, even in golf.
3/10
The Mystery of Convoy
:
This movie is about a revolutionary, The Brave Magmar, being crushed by the despotic Rock Lords. An all too real and common story, but like some kind of fascist propaganda film, this is presented as a good thing?! Also, you'd think the studio that gave us Flinstones could come up with better rock puns.
1/10
Rumble is Blue, Frenzy is Red:
There is actually a rock lord called Rumble, and much talk of rumbling each other. It is unclear whether this is meant to be murder or sex. These guys look like the toys I guess, who cares.
10/10
Are Their Songs Better?:
There is one song with lyrics here and it is awful.
1/10
Ride or be Ridden:
I made the wrong choice watching this movie for a 2nd time this year. I am Wheelie and this movie is Cykill. Oof ouch, my wheels.
0/10

Total score: 25/60
Verdict: This movie is more like...Rotlords
Suggestion: Read the Tom Scioli comic.

(Clov's Review) GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords (1986)
GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords (1986)
4a86936d070c0850d820e5e22b236a18b983b9ca.gif

Hey! This isn't a Transformers movie!

Actually, it technically is! Though originally imported by Tonka from the Japanese Machine Robo line, Hasbro bought Tonka... and along with them, the GoBots. Ever since then, GoBots have appeared in various Transformers media and toylines, including my favorite, Crasher! So, it, counts! Now without further ado...

The Arcee Factor: 10/10. Solitiare is literally a stone butch, and Crasher's tgirl vibes are off the chart. As I later found out, before the GoBots cartoon aired her toy was referred to with he/him pronouns. There's also her brief appearances in the Phase One IDW Transformers comics which, because of some poorly thought out worldbuilding from the clueless at best Simon Furman, lead to her being trans. She seems to be much happier now at least. Good for her!

eQxi1H7.gif

Wow Cool Robot: 5/10. The rock lords are the most disappointing toys any child could receive. Imagine your friend gets a robot that turns into a truck, and you get stuck with something that turns into a rock you could find in any park or playground. Awful. The GoBot regulars fair better though. Cy-Kill looks very funny, Leader-1 is cool, but most of all, Crasher is great. Robot girl who can cause earthquakes and turn into a race car. She got a great looking Transformers toy very recently as part of the Transformers Legacy line!

F80505L00_detail_22_Online_2000SQ.jpg

The Mystery of Convoy: 2/10. Impossible to follow what was going on. No idea what the humans were doing here. Don't know why the GoBots care about these weird rock people so much. At least what Cy-Kill was doing made sense. Extra point for the scene where Cy-Kill picks up the human characters and flies directly into space with them (somehow they survive).

10/10. Well, they're pretty faithful to the GoBots toys? Kind of? They look like they do in the TV show. The toys look a little different. The recent Go-Bots comic book actually looks way more like the toys, which is surprising because of legal shenanigans, Hasbro doesn't own the toys themselves. Hm.

Are Their Songs Better?: 1/10. Judge for yourself.

Ride or Be Ridden: 0/10. There's no denying it, we were taken for a ride here. The movie is simply not good on any level. Well, the parts where Cy-Kill and Crasher are there are pretty fun. But they're the two bright spots in a chasm of wheel-spinning.

Overall score: 28.

Verdict: Just buy the Crasher toy instead of watching the movie.

Suggestion: Practice enunciating in Cy-Kill's voice.

I’m glad you’re going over the music. Don’t know what I’d have done without a very early introduction to Stan Bush and Vince DiCola on the TF movie soundtrack :)

(Phos' Review) The Transformers: The Movie (1986)
The Transformers: The Movie

This is one of the best movies ever made. Orson Welles, Arcee, Leonard Nemoy, Optimus Prime eating shit...wowg, all down hill from here leggies and gentleworms....

The Arcee Factor:
Here's a hint! Arcee is in this movie! She's gay and trans and she would be my friend!
10/10
Wow Cool Robot:
All my favorite toys are here! Literally got a coronation star cream today! This is not bad comedy!
10/10
The Mystery of Convoy:
An epic tale of sacrifice, heroism, being gay, and robot dinosaurs. This is what Shakespeare wanted to write, and the script for the film was literally found in his tomb. The world wasn't ready....and I'm not sure it'll ever be...
10/10
You better believe it!!!!!!¡¡!¡!!!!
10/10
Are Their Songs Better?:
You got the touch. C'mon.
10/10
Ride or be Ridden:
A wild ride. A smile on my face the entire time.
10/10

Total score: 60/60
Verdict: Citizen Kane, Ikiru, Celine and Julie Go Boating...The Transformers The Movie
Suggestion: Dare to be stupid

(Clov's Review) The Transformers: The Movie (1986)
The Transformers: The Movie (1986)
Here we go! The all-time classic, that introduces so many essential elements of the franchise. Is an all-star cast, a ton of licensed music, and Arcee enough to make a great movie? Here's a hint!

ArceeShades_large.JPG

The Arcee Factor: 10/10. It's literally named after her! The TRANSformer herself is introduced in this movie, and she rules. While it would take until IDW's comics to show how gay and trans she is, let's face it. She's here, she's queer, and she's ready to transform and roll out!

Wow Cool Robot: 10/10. The toy robots here are perhaps at their best. There's plenty of the classic toys on display; Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave... but there's a ton of new, great toys introduced too! Galvatron, Arcee, and Unicron to name a few! ...though Unicron wouldn't get a toy for a while. Here's the original one they planned on making, which sadly was cancelled:

r_unicron039.jpg

The Mystery of Convoy
: 10/10. A perfectly paced story, revolving around the passing of the torch from Optimus Prime to his successor, Rodimus Prime. So many incredible moments. Optimus' last stand against Megatron, Megatron's reformatting into Galvatron, Starscream's death, the Dinobots trashing the Quintessons... but most importantly, Prowl eating shit and dying!

TFTM_Prowl_dies.jpg

Fuck you, you cop piece of shit!

Rumble is Blue, Frenzy is Red: 10/10. This is the platonic ideal of what a Transformers movie should be. Cool toys, gay robots, non-stop kick-ass action.

Are Their Songs Better?: 10/10. It has a Weird Al needledrop! And who can forget...

Ride or be Ridden: 10/10. We took this on a ride all the way through. Pure perfection, exhilarating no matter how many times I watch it! This IS Transformers!

Overall Score: 60

Verdict: Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Suggestion: Watch the movie, buy the toys, live the life! Transform and roll out!

This... is truly the peak of Transformers. It's... a bit downhill from here. And by a bit I mean... a lot. Here we go...

Yeah they are super cute. The whole thing is really well done. Lost Light/MTMTE is probably one of my favourite things any longrunning multimedia IP has ever done. It’s smart, witty, empathic, while finding new routes for characters defined by a quote on a box as a toy 30+ years previously, and not excusing villainous action while still letting characters grow. Just wonderful. I need to go back and reread them all again.

It’s like, I loved these characters as a child in the 80s and here they are, expanded and reimagined and with a spirit of adventure and silliness alongside welcoming absolutely everyone on board for the ride. Just magical.
Weirdly, MTMTE was my intro to the Transformers. I'm too young for the original show, but I heard it was a good comic so I read it and got hooked. I stopped after 7 or so volumes, not because I wasn't enjoying it, but because I moved away from my local comic shop where I would buy them. You're inspiring me to go back and finish the series and Lost Light.

What about this: James Roberts x Tom Scioli. Terrible idea, or amazing idea?

Edit: Might as well admit that it was probably Comicsalliance that turned me onto the Transformers comics. I just remembered that. RIP.

Last edited:
Weirdly, MTMTE was my intro to the Transformers. I'm too young for the original show, but I heard it was a good comic so I read it and got hooked. I stopped after 7 or so volumes, not because I wasn't enjoying it, but because I moved away from my local comic shop where I would buy them. You're inspiring me to go back and finish the series and Lost Light.

What about this: James Roberts x Tom Scioli. Terrible idea, or amazing idea?

Amazing idea. Not even joking; Transformers vs GI Joe may be the greatest comic book ever made. Looks beautiful, so much stuff constantly happening.

EEWeLogXkAA-sJl.jpg

Amazing idea. Not even joking; Transformers vs GI Joe may be the greatest comic book ever made. Looks beautiful, so much stuff constantly happening.

EEWeLogXkAA-sJl.jpg
Everything that man touches turns to gold. And he looks vaguely like a Young Neil Young!

V7e7hd4p_400x400.jpg

It's not just the hair! Read American Barbarian!

I mean, both he and Roberts are wildly talented, love the Transformers, seem like mensches, and have pretty short bibliographies.

Are we off topic? Tell me about these movies.

Everything that man touches turns to gold. And he looks vaguely like a Young Neil Young!

V7e7hd4p_400x400.jpg

It's not just the hair! Read American Barbarian!

I mean, both he and Roberts are wildly talented, love the Transformers, seem like mensches, and have pretty short bibliographies.

Are we off topic? Tell me about these movies.
Scioli is one of the best comics creators jn american comics, wish he got more opportunities. His Gobots comics is a legit masterpiece.

The Transformers: The Movie (1986)
Here we go! The all-time classic, that introduces so many essential elements of the franchise. Is an all-star cast, a ton of licensed music, and Arcee enough to make a great movie? Here's a hint!

ArceeShades_large.JPG

The Arcee Factor: 10/10. It's literally named after her! The TRANSformer herself is introduced in this movie, and she rules. While it would take until IDW's comics to show how gay and trans she is, let's face it. She's here, she's queer, and she's ready to transform and roll out!

Wow Cool Robot: 10/10. The toy robots here are perhaps at their best. There's plenty of the classic toys on display; Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave... but there's a ton of new, great toys introduced too! Galvatron, Arcee, and Unicron to name a few! ...though Unicron wouldn't get a toy for a while. Here's the original one they planned on making, which sadly was cancelled:

r_unicron039.jpg

The Mystery of Convoy: 10/10. A perfectly paced story, revolving around the passing of the torch from Optimus Prime to his successor, Rodimus Prime. So many incredible moments. Optimus' last stand against Megatron, Megatron's reformatting into Galvatron, Starscream's death, the Dinobots trashing the Quintessons... but most importantly, Prowl eating shit and dying!

TFTM_Prowl_dies.jpg

Fuck you, you cop piece of shit!

Rumble is Blue, Frenzy is Red: 10/10. This is the platonic ideal of what a Transformers movie should be. Cool toys, gay robots, non-stop kick-ass action.

Are Their Songs Better?: 10/10. It has a Weird Al needledrop! And who can forget...

Ride or be Ridden: 10/10. We took this on a ride all the way through. Pure perfection, exhilarating no matter how many times I watch it! This IS Transformers!

Overall Score: 60

Verdict: Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Suggestion: Watch the movie, buy the toys, live the life! Transform and roll out!

This... is truly the peak of Transformers. It's... a bit downhill from here. And by a bit I mean... a lot. Here we go...

Until All Are One! :)

(In hindsight, TF talking about the singularity in 1986 was some PK Dick/William Gibson type stuff)

Last edited:
The first good Famiboards thread??

anyways can't wait for the Last Knight writeup. Absolutely insane movie, and I take so much joy in making people watch it

(Phos' Review) Clash! Beast Warrior (1998)
Clash! Beast Warrior

I swear I dreamed this....what year is it?
Piercing screams fill your ears

The Arcee Factor:
Air Razor...Black Arcanea...uh, okay, that ain't nothing....5/10
Wow Cool Robot:
Yup, they are. I got a Tarantulus and he whispers secrets to me at night...
10/10
The Mystery of Convoy:
The mystery of what happened in this movie....what were they smoke in???????
1/10
So far so good for this cat of gory. What could pawsibly to wrong. No rumple or fretzee though
5/10
Are Their Songs Better?:
The Op and ending them kick my ass
7/10
Ride or be Ridden:
Ouch ooof aghhhh my wheels!
0/10
Total score: 28/60
Verdict: This is bad comedy
Suggestion: take a shower and go to bed

(Clov's Review) Clash! Beast Warrior (1998)
Clash! Beast Warrior (1998)

WildBeautifulGrayling-max-1mb.gif

Hey! This isn't a movie!

Shut up! Yes it is! It showed in Japanese theaters. It's a movie, no matter how short it is!

You're just delaying the inevitable! You'll reach the Micheal Bay movies at some point!

Shut up!

The Arcee Factor: 7/10. So, this is just Japanese dubbed Beast Wars. So we have Airrazor, and Black Arachnia. So the funny thing about Airrazor is that in the Japanese dub, they changed her to a boy for some reason. This had the side effect of making a later scene with her and Tigatron REALLY gay in Japanese. That's gotta count for something. Black Arachnia on the other hand, is still a girl in Japanese, and yes, she still has all the tgirl swag she had in the original English version. Did you know she kisses Airrazor in the Netflix series, War for Cybertron?

dfvpcww-009f8b8c-6839-43dc-86aa-697a0f1239d3.gif

Wow Cool Robot:
10/10. The toys here are extremely cool. Love Airrazor, and Megatron, Terrorsaur, Dinobot? These are some COOL toys. They're actually releasing new toys of the season 1 cast in Japan, and they look incredible!

1678329971-4904810909309-9fa401911b79418ab7ec030ff5618b5b.jpg

The Mystery of Convoy:
1/10. So, the problem with this movie is that it's essentially a redubbed Beast Wars clip show. The way it's been edited for the cinema here makes it REALLY hard to follow. Given that Japanese Beast Wars essentially is a gag dub with tons of ad-libbing, it doesn't help much. Phos and I rewatched Beast Wars recently while drunk, but I couldn't remember anything that happened here. I think if we were sober it wouldn't have helped.

Rumble is Blue, Frenzy is Red: 4/10. What IS the Beast Wars source material anyway? The original show? Because this ad-libs a bunch of stuff over it. The original toys? Most of the original Beast Wars toys don't resemble the CG models. Like, look! This isn't Airrazor!

805031b5ff7902a03ca43f94ae097eb9.jpg

300px-Airazorbwcgi.jpg

Are Their Songs Better?: 7/10. The opening theme is really catchy!

Ride or be Ridden: 0/10. Short as it may be, it's incoherent. We were taken for a 35 minute ride.

Overall score: 29.

Verdict: Yessssssssss... but really, nooooooooo.

Suggestion: Watch the compilation of every time Megatron says "yes" in Beast Wars. You won't regret it!

Kinda wish they'd do more with the Gobots, or at least Cykill

the Cykill cameo in the GOTG Holiday Special was pretty funny at least

Clash! Beast Warrior (1998)

WildBeautifulGrayling-max-1mb.gif

Hey! This isn't a movie!

Shut up! Yes it is! It showed in Japanese theaters. It's a movie, no matter how short it is!

You're just delaying the inevitable! You'll reach the Micheal Bay movies at some point!

Shut up!

The Arcee Factor: 7/10. So, this is just Japanese dubbed Beast Wars. So we have Airrazor, and Black Arachnia. So the funny thing about Airrazor is that in the Japanese dub, they changed her to a boy for some reason. This had the side effect of making a later scene with her and Tigatron REALLY gay in Japanese. That's gotta count for something. Black Arachnia on the other hand, is still a girl in Japanese, and yes, she still has all the tgirl swag she had in the original English version. Did you know she kisses Airrazor in the Netflix series, War for Cybertron?

dfvpcww-009f8b8c-6839-43dc-86aa-697a0f1239d3.gif

Wow Cool Robot: 10/10. The toys here are extremely cool. Love Airrazor, and Megatron, Terrorsaur, Dinobot? These are some COOL toys. They're actually releasing new toys of the season 1 cast in Japan, and they look incredible!

1678329971-4904810909309-9fa401911b79418ab7ec030ff5618b5b.jpg

The Mystery of Convoy: 1/10. So, the problem with this movie is that it's essentially a redubbed Beast Wars clip show. The way it's been edited for the cinema here makes it REALLY hard to follow. Given that Japanese Beast Wars essentially is a gag dub with tons of ad-libbing, it doesn't help much. Phos and I rewatched Beast Wars recently while drunk, but I couldn't remember anything that happened here. I think if we were sober it wouldn't have helped.

Rumble is Blue, Frenzy is Red: 4/10. What IS the Beast Wars source material anyway? The original show? Because this ad-libs a bunch of stuff over it. The original toys? Most of the original Beast Wars toys don't resemble the CG models. Like, look! This isn't Airrazor!

805031b5ff7902a03ca43f94ae097eb9.jpg

300px-Airazorbwcgi.jpg

Are Their Songs Better?: 7/10. The opening theme is really catchy!

Ride or be Ridden: 0/10. Short as it may be, it's incoherent. We were taken for a 35 minute ride.

Overall score: 29.

Verdict: Yessssssssss... but really, nooooooooo.

Suggestion: Watch the compilation of every time Megatron says "yes" in Beast Wars. You won't regret it!

I have that new Megatron toy, he's great.

Also came out in America

Re. The ‘Rumble is blue, Frenzy is red’ category, I always found it funny that even the cartoons and the comics (both the US one and the UK one) could never agree on which robots could fly in their robot and alt mode, even down to the cartoon’s title sequence. Or how the dinobots can manoeuvre in space. Or which robots can fit inside other ones. I guess it all falls apart with the whole constantly shifting size elements anyway, but the comics always felt a little more grounded (literally) with the flight element. Perhaps because they didn’t need to get a dozen decepticons on and off two battlefields inside of 20 minutes every episode :)

Re. The ‘Rumble is blue, Frenzy is red’ category, I always found it funny that even the cartoons and the comics (both the US one and the UK one) could never agree on which robots could fly in their robot and alt mode, even down to the cartoon’s title sequence. Or how the dinobots can manoeuvre in space. Or which robots can fit inside other ones. I guess it all falls apart with the whole constantly shifting size elements anyway, but the comics always felt a little more grounded (literally) with the flight element. Perhaps because they didn’t need to get a dozen decepticons on and off two battlefields inside of 20 minutes every episode :)

The original G1 cartoon is... pretty inconsistent with a lot of things. They really just make up things as they go. But that's also part of the charm!

The comics are definitely more grounded and feel like they make more sense. IDW's Phase Two and Three stuff is extremely good, and some of the best comics I've ever read. They're pretty much the best bits of Transformers media around!

Phos and I are both tired, so we'll continue our journey tomorrow night! There's a long road ahead of us...

The original G1 cartoon is... pretty inconsistent with a lot of things. They really just make up things as they go. But that's also part of the charm!

The comics are definitely more grounded and feel like they make more sense. IDW's Phase Two and Three stuff is extremely good, and some of the best comics I've ever read. They're pretty much the best bits of Transformers media around!

Phos and I are both tired, so we'll continue our journey tomorrow night! There's a long road ahead of us...
Thanks for the thread so far, great read :)

(Phos' Review) Beast Wars II: Lio Convoy's Close Call! (1998)
Beast Wars II: Lio Convoy's Close Call
I can't believe this this is the second time I've seen this garbage. Boring and cheap. Why did I watch this sober. Almost to the Bay movies...wait that's worse!

The Arcee Factor:
This movie has no girls, let alone Arcee. This sucks, uhg. I wish Lio Jr. was dead.
0/10

Wow Cool Robot:
Some of these toys look okay at best, and the toys based on this show are pretty infamously bad.
2/10

The Mystery of Convoy:
Big Hook vibes with the Lio Convoy/Lio Junior/Galvatron stuff, and we know how that worked out for old Stevy Spielberg...
1/10
An insult to Beast Wars (a bad show) to call this Beast Wars II. Doesn't make sense continuity wise. I guess Optimus Primal show ups, but he doesn't even turn into a monke
2/10

Are Their Songs Better?:
The opening theme is okay, everything else is pretty generic
5/10

Ride or be Ridden:
Ridden, and there can be no doubt.
0/10

Total score: 10/60

Verdict: if you told me this movie didn't exist I would believe you

Suggestion: watch Hook instead.

(Clov's Review) Beast Wars II: Lio Convoy's Close Call (1998)
Beast Wars II: Lio Convoy's Close Call! (1998)
250px-DoubleConvoyTogetherAtLast01.jpg

Well... that's just prime. If you don't know what Beast Wars II is... in Japan, while they were waiting to bring over more dubbed Beast Wars, they made two anime series, Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo, to fill the gap, along with their own toy lines. Beast Wars II ended up getting a short movie. The result was, well...

The Arcee Factor: 0/10. Despite the original Beast Wars having a few girls, there's not a single one in this film. They should have summoned Airrazor from the past instead of Primal.

Wow Cool Robot: 5/10. The toys are overall pretty bad. They're just not as cool looking as the original Beast Wars cast. As an example, here's a recent toy of the main character, Lio Convoy:

800px-Legacy_EV_LeoPrime.jpeg

He looks way less unique than Optimus Primal. He mostly looks like an Optimus Prime with some animal parts glued on. Funny looking beast mode though! Gotta give some credit for a cat transformer being the main character! And some extra credit for Galvatron being pink.

Beast%2BWars%2BII%2BGalvatron.jpg

The Mystery of Convoy: 3/10. This is an original film, and it does have a story! Galvatron summons a big robot with some kind of device, the Maximals (Cybertrons, in Japanese) summon Optimus Primal to even the odds. It's not that hard to follow, but it's not very interesting. Maybe I'd like it more if I followed Beast Wars II, but I don't like any of the characters.

Rumble is Blue, Frenzy is Red: 2/10. They're pretty accurate to the toys, but the toys aren't very good. The best ones are all recolors of existing Beast Wars characters. And there's simply no way Beast Wars II makes sense as a sequel to Beast Wars given what happens in the series. An insult to fans of Canadian animated classics.

Are Their Songs Better?: 5/10. The opening song is okay. Pretty average stuff, really.

Ride or be Ridden: 0/10. Taken for a spin on Galvatron's pirate ship.

Overall score: 15

Verdict: I wish I was drunk.

Suggestion: Consider watching Kimba instead.

(Clov's Review) Beast Wars Metals Special (1998)
Beast Wars Metals Special (1998)

1327759887-971071718_wn.jpg

The last of 1998's theatrical Beast Wars releases! This is literally just the Beast Wars episode "Bad Spark" dubbed in Japanese, with, as is standard for Japanese Beast Wars, plenty of ad-libbing of varying quality (mostly bad, though it is charming). One of the best episodes of the show, from what my hazy memory can recall!

The Arcee Factor: 5/10. Blackarachnia is here with all her yeag girl energy as you'd expect! But tragically Airrazor is absent, as she had already died in the show prior to this episode. Bad move, honestly! They even made a new toy of her at the time that wasn't featured in the show at all. Disappointing!

Wow Cool Robot: 10/10. The original Beast Wars cast are of course, all extremely cool in their new Transmetal forms, but this episode introduces one of the best new toys, Rampage! He's a robot crab! And a tank! And a cannibal!

reduced-image_3933_106.jpg

The Mystery of Convoy: 6/10. This episode is all about Rampage appearing, stalking Blackarachnia and Silverbolt, and the Maximals fighting him. It's very tense, even though Japanese Rampage's new personality as some sort of punk makes him not nearly as creepy. A great episode, though Beast Wars had better episodes involving him.

Rumble is Blue, Frenzy is Red: 5/10. The characters mostly look like the toys, but the Japanese dub is of course not very faithful to the original English version. Sometimes this can be fun (like with Doctor Megatron), other times it makes me roll my eyes. They just had to FILL the silence with something... constantly. But I gotta give some credit that they kept the funniest line from the original intact. "Welcome... to the Beast Wars!"

Are Their Songs Better?: 5/10. Pretty boring, not nearly as memorable as the original Japanese theme.

Ride or be Ridden: 0/10. Driven around on top of a murderous crab-tank-bot.

Overall Score: 26

Verdict: Pray that Hasbro makes a new Rampage toy after so long.

Suggestion: Get yourself some snow crab legs and chow down.

With that, we've finally finished the 1998 Beast Wars theatrical releases. Looks like it's finally time...

(Phos' Review) Beast Wars Metals Special (1998)
Beast Wars Metals Special

I've seen the TV version of this, but being in dog shit quality and dubbed in Japanese really...adds...well, it doesn't add anything, but this is one of the better episodes of Beast Wars, so bangs gavel I'll allow it!

The Arcee Factor:
One less girl than the last of these Beast Films, but Black Arcanea is gay and trans.
7/10

Wow Cool Robot:
Much better toys than the last piece of shit. They need to make a modern Rampage! Also, I don't like yucky yicky spiders or nasty old waspos, but those are some of the coolest toys from this series! That's how good they are! Rats off to ya, Kenner!
10/10

The Mystery of Convoy:
A cannibal serial killer crab forged from Starscreams spark is a great premise for an episode that carries this shows typically shoddy pacing farther than usual. Plus it turn out that crab has a heart of gold! But thats a story from another, better episode.
6/10

The Japanese dub is not especially faithful to the English, which isn't amazing, but a lot of the adlibbing is charming though pretty groan worthy. Plus, you just can't beat the original Megatron voice! Welcome to the Beast Wars!!!

Are Their Songs Better?:
Pretty lack luster theme song that gets talked over. Bah! The ending theme is pretty funny though
5/10

Ride or be Ridden:
Looks like I'm under the saddle again folks.
0/10

Overall 28/60

Verdict: Pray the new beast film is better

Suggestion: avoid making a new robot out of the soul of a murder robot

(Phos' Review) Beast Wars Metals: Convoy's Great Transformation! (1999)
Beast Wars Metals Convoy's Great Transformation!

No no no! This can't be! Why is there another one of these! Good thing this is the last one...the next movie has to be better, right? Wait a minute.....oh no!

The Arcee Factor:
Just look at my last review. I guess there's a monsterous monkey girl now.
6/10

Wow Cool Robot:
Same, but optimal optimus looks dumb ass hell.
7/10

The Mystery of Convoy:
This episode has cyber raptors that megatron made to kill human to stop us evolvin'. It is unclear why he doesn't just kill humans himself.
4/10

See above review.
0/10

Are Their Songs Better?:
No, more of the same but slightly worse.
3/10

Ride or be Ridden:
What do you think?
0/10

Overall: 20/60

Verdict:
The Beast Wars are over, I lost!

Suggestion:
Stop watching here, I'm begging me!

(Clov's Review) Beast Wars Metals: Convoy's Great Transformation! (1999)
Beast Wars Metals: Convoy's Great Transformation! (1999)

MV5BYzY0MzcwYTktMDMwNy00YjExLTkzMzMtNDJkNTAyOTczZjMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODEwODM5NTY@._V1_.jpg

Huh? Were you expecting us to watch something else? Well, this released first! After 3:40 seconds of pure exposition, the final Beast Wars compilation movie begins!

The Arcee Factor: 5/10. Nothing has changed since the last one of these. You get Blackarachnia, but Airrazor is still gone (until a very, very brief cameo during the credits), and there's no other girls in the Beast Wars.

Wow Cool Robot: 7/10. The biggest new toy here is Optimal Optimus, who doesn't look like a cool toy at all. He looks more like a silly toy than a cool one. They never made toys of the Cyber Raptors as far as I know either. Plus one point for featuring Quickstrike, one of the best Beast Wars characters, who sadly is NOT a cowboy in Japanese.

The Mystery of Convoy: 4/10. This is not one of the better episodes of the show, as hilarious the idea of Megatron sending cybernetic raptors after proto-humans is. Megatron should have skipped this part in his plan and just created Dinobot II from the start. He's way cooler than the cyber-raptors anyway.

Rumble is Blue, Frenzy is Red: 5/10. There's honestly nothing new to add here. I've said everything I had to say with the last two Beast Wars compilations.

Are Their Songs Better?: 2/10. No, not really. The ending theme is actually pretty bad.

Ride or be Ridden: 0/10. Strapped to the back of a cyber raptor and carried off into the unknown wilds.

Overall score: 23

Verdict: They won't teach this one in the classroom! Teach the controversy!

Suggestion: Never send a cyber-raptor to do a Transmetal Megatron's job.

Alright, there's gotta be something else I can dig up! Some sort of compilation, TV movie or something... huh. There isn't. I guess that means there's no choice but to move onto... the big one... and when Transformers goes big, it goes Bay...

I can’t even remember which of the live action ones I’ve actually seen. Or how many there are. I think I’ve seen the first two but can barely remember them as it all moves so fast, and the robot designs all focus on mechanical gubbins rather than bright colours, that it’s hard to tell the robots apart.

I’ve been told Bumblebee is fun as a kinda standalone watch, I might check that out at some point.

(Phos' Review) Transformers (2007)
Transformers (2007)

A profoundly evil film. Racist, misogynistic, and homophobic. A 2 hour and change us army recruitment ad and argument for why our boy over seas simply have to kill those evil foreigners. If you like this movie, fuck you, you should be permanently banned from not only this forum but from society at large.

The Arcee Factor:
No girl robots plus it is as I said deeply hateful towards women. The straightest movie ever made. If micheal bay had his way every queer person would be dead.
0/10

Wow Cool Robot:
These are the ugliest robots I have ever seen. Just visually incomprehensible messes.
0/10

The Mystery of Convoy:
Again, this is a recruitment ad and not a narrative. Who are the decepticons, the autobots, ect? Shut up and join the army you [censored], where even ethnics can make a difference as long as they speak American.
0/10

Everything is gray and lifeless. The orginal cartoon was a crass and cheap toy commercial with 100x the integrity of this shit.
0/10

Are Their Songs Better?:
The music in this is generic shit and lazy needle drops
0/10

Ride or be Ridden:
I hope everyone involved in this movie is eaten by a tiger.
0/10

Overall: 0/60

Verdict: I regret watching this and am angry I have committed to watching all of these

Suggestions: dismantle the american empire and gill of teen the rich.

(Clov's Review) Transformers (2007)
Transformers (2007)

Dear god. I am filled with such regret. This was so much worse than I remembered. A hideous and miserable film, devoid of color and joy. A death march.

Trans1600.jpg

The Arcee Factor: 0/10. There is not a single girl robot in the film, and if there were I'm sure Micheal Bay would have had her tortured and killed, given how misogynistic the film is in general.

Wow Cool Robot: 0/10. The robots here are hideous, misshapen coagulated junk. They don't look cool, they don't make for cool toys, and the action scenes involving them are impossible to follow, as hulking metallic beasts slam against each other and congeal into CGI blurs.

The Mystery of Convoy: 0/10. Sam Witwicky has to protect a cube or something, with the help of the US Military. I don't know. The damn thing is 2 hours and 20 minutes long, and much of its runtime is devoted to military jack-off sequences. I can't help but mention how much this movie hates non-white people here. One of the earliest "jokes" in the film is that a man speaks Spanish. Jazz, an Autobot who speaks in stereotypical Black vernacular, is the only Autobot to die. This movie is ugly and evil.

Rumble is Blue, Frenzy is Red: 0/10. The Transformers look nothing like their original toys or cartoon designs. Megatron and Starscream are completely unrecognizable. What's worse is that Starscream doesn't have anything resembling his original personality. In fact, Optimus is the only robot to really have much in common with his original incarnation. This movie actively has contempt for anyone who derived even a semblance of joy from the original cartoon or the original toys, and it can't even manage to create successful new incarnations.

Are Their Songs Better?: 0/10. Compared to the excellent needledrops in the 86 film, there's simply nothing to be found here. Maybe Linkin Park fans will enjoy the credits. I wouldn't know, because I'm not one of them.

Ride or be Ridden: 0/10. Not only was I taken for a ride, but I was dragged out of the car, beaten up, called slurs, and run over afterwards.

Overall Score: 0

Verdict: This is not a place of honor.

Suggestion: Drop and run.

I watched the next one ages ago and I know for a FACT it's worse. How is that possible!? Why did I let @Phosphorescent Skeleton talk me into this!? We have such a long, painful road ahead...

All I could remember from it was the confusing masses of metal gears and pistons getting thrown around and not being able to tell the robots apart, to the point that I’d completely forgotten about the shoehorned-in US military propaganda and the endless misogyny.

Don't worry, Revenge of the Fallen has a girl robot.

Be careful what you wish for when Michael Bay is involved...

Don't worry, Revenge of the Fallen has a girl robot.

Be careful what you wish for when Michael Bay is involved...

arcee-crying.jpg

Phos and I are going to take tomorrow off in order to prepare ourselves.

Right now we're watching the original cartoon, and the Autobots are trying to get a can of "Robot Insecticide" to get rid of the Insecticons, robots that transform into robot bugs. It's an absolute joy compared to what we've just been through.

arcee-crying.jpg

Phos and I are going to take tomorrow off in order to prepare ourselves.

Right now we're watching the original cartoon, and the Autobots are trying to get a can of "Robot Insecticide" to get rid of the Insecticons, robots that transform into robot bugs. It's an absolute joy compared to what we've just been through.
When I was a kid there was something about the way the insecticons spoke that creeped me out- that kind of sharp, echo/stammer/repetition that they do? Funny how tiny bits of audio work spark the imagination of kids!

I remember one of the comics where there was a kind of rust-virus eating some of the autobots up, and my dad read it with me, and said ‘hey it’s robot necrosis, like a spider bite’. That sent me down a research rabbit hole I did not want to go down… :D

Revenge Of The Fallen is possibly the single most hateful, misogynistic, utterly twisted and contemptible blockbuster to ever get shat out of Hollywood.

It takes all the racism, sexism and bigotry of the first Bay film, and actively challenges itself to beat that in every field. The robot transformers are not only even bigger racist caricatures, but the films actively forces you the viewer to spend time in their hateful presence. These are not racist characters simply used for backdrop, they are forced front and centre so that the audience can marvel at just how extreme the racism is on display. It's actual blackface tomfoolery from the early 20th century pasted onto car robots, and it is utterly bizarre in how anyone involved thought this was remotely acceptable.

In terms of sexism, again, the film takes the low point of the previous film and sees not a point of shame, but a depth marker that must be surpassed like an olympic diver on a diving platform. We have transformer robots that can inexplicably disguise themselves as human college girls (rendering the whole "disguising ourselves as cars" thing utterly pointless) purely so they can act as temptation for the main character and meat for the audience. We have a remote control car so horny for one of the characters he actually humps her leg. We have everything about the way Bay frames Megan Fox in the movie. We have throwaway female robots that barely even exist.

The only thing to say in defence of RotF is that somehow Dark Of The Moon is worse. Which I'll get into in a separate post.

God have mercy on your souls for committing yourselves to watching this trash, because these films are so unclean they will leave an actual stain on your psyche. I am actively a worse human being for having seen Revenge of the Fallen. All joy in my life is tainted with the knowledge that I have watched a destructobot's wrecking ball testicles swinging over the great pyramids, like the doom of humanity swinging ominously over civilization itself.

it's kinda insane that film twitter has been gassing these up lately!
We can reevaluate Michael Bay's creative output (and just that) without elevating shit like this. It's not like the fucking Pirates movies, where there's something there to earnestly enjoy. There's no reason to visit these unless you're a sick freak (no offense to anyone in this this thread).

it's kinda insane that film twitter has been gassing these up lately!
Contrarianism brings clicks, and people love trying to justify the shit they watches as kids by saying the shit is actually unappreciated gold.

In the case of Dark Of The Moon, the only morally responsible way to watch it is on an isolated, designated screen in the depths of a nuclear bunker, out in the Arizona desert. Having watched it, you should be both thoroughly scrubbed down with anti-radiation decontaminant, as well as exorcised by a trained priest to prevent the evil escaping with you into the world.

It's such a bad film.

Contrarianism brings clicks, and people love trying to justify the shit they watches as kids by saying the shit is actually unappreciated gold.

In the case of Dark Of The Moon, the only morally responsible way to watch it is on an isolated, designated screen in the depths of a nuclear bunker, out in the Arizona desert. Having watched it, you should be both thoroughly scrubbed down with anti-radiation decontaminant, as well as exorcised by a trained priest to prevent the evil escaping with you into the world.

It's such a bad film.
I'm an infamous contrarian contrarian. If I detect even the tiniest hint that your take is just designed to get a rise out of me, I will instantly believe the opposite of what I think you actually believe. This makes me extremely suggestible, in a roundabout sort of way.

I'm an infamous contrarian contrarian. If I detect even the tiniest hint that your take is just designed to get a rise out of me, I will instantly believe the opposite of what I think you actually believe. This makes me extremely suggestible, in a roundabout sort of way.
Murder is bad, actually

Godspeed you two! You are braver people than I am.

As for the movies, as someone who loves Transformers, all of these movies are etched into my brain. And yes, I read about the Legacy toyline, (better yet, I just completed my Legacy Menasor!) but there is the Studio Series '86 line which is great too! I'll add a picture of the dudes I have. Plus I can confirm, Rumble is blue. It says so on the packaging!

I'll just throw in a mega post now.

Transformers: The Movie (1986)

This movie debuted a few months before I was born, so in the year of our Primus 1991 a wide-eyed little boy of just six years old finally saw the Transformers movie. And while my young child brain understood that something happened prior to season 3 of the show, I was not ready for the absolute massacre that was the first twenty-five minutes of the movie. A planet eating destroyer causing mass genocide? It was disturbing. The Decepticons tearing down the Autobot ship, straight up murdering my favourite characters? What the hell. Megatron shoots Ironhide in the face. POINT BLANC. WITH HIS FUSION CANON. After we get a full on war where the Cons are a ruthless bunch of fuckers and go off killing Wheeljack of screen. The hell is this? My mind broke when Optimus died. This is where my innocence kind of died too.

In the end, Transformers is a cynical cashgrab, but its one movie I will always talk about as it learned me a very important lesson; your heroes will die. It hurts.

300px-ReturnOptimusPrime1_Optimus_lives.JPG

BUT THEN HE RETURNS IN THE SERIES YEEAAAAAH ROBO-JESUS

As a kid it was bizarre to see Megatron surviving; "HOW DOES HE GET TO LIVE". As an adult you see that scene and it's one of the greats; a despot clinging to his life and signing a deal with the devil just to survive. But hey who is Cyclonus Thundercracker or Bombsh- SHUT IT. The rest of the movie is a fun space adventure movie with old man Kupp, the Dinobots showing the first signs of being turned into comic relief (poor Grimlock), Hot Rod... well, we all have an opinion on Hot Rod, we have a lady Transformer, finding friend and looking behind... and hey, it's Mr. Spock as Galvatron? That's cool. Dunno who this Orson Welles fellow is though, as my kid self would say back in the day. I didn't have internet back then, don't sue me.

These days I will consider the movie a classic. 8/10 would buy the toys and I wished I could time travel and tell Hasbro they're morons

Transformers (2007)

My favourite robots in disguise will get a movie franchise!? Oh YEAH! When I finally saw the movie, I mostly said "Oh no". Let me start by saying, I really really really really really dislike Shia. I can't help it. It also does not help that Michael Bay directed this movie. So the first part of the movie its about Shia being a kid who gets what he wants (with some annoying ass parents) and his car turns out to be Bumblebee. Why are you acting like a scared child and run around like a chicken without a head? And oh, when Bumblebee finally transforms, why is he so ugly? Let me be fair, the movie isn't offensively bad. For 2007 it has some amazing CGI (the transformations are aces) and the action scenes are actually alright.

But you what ruined the movie for me? The fact when Simmons shows up with Sector 7 and Bumblebee starts pissing on the guy. And I hear Peter Cullen, the man, the myth, the legend, telling his soldier that "he should stop lubricating on the man". Why? Why? Why why why why? Afterwards the movie devolves into a screaming contest and the usual military porn Bay is famous is for. I was disappointed, that's what I remember the most. Maybe the next movie will be better?

Oh if I could pat my 20 year old self on the head and tell him, "Ha ha! NO!"

5,5 out of ten parts of Jazz

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Now this... this movie made my blood boil. If I were to make a list of worst movies ever, this would be the one right there in my top ten. I just read a very passionate, absolutely firey claim that the sequel to this movie is the spawn of satan. I beg to differ. It's close, not gonna argue, but this? This is even worse. Yeah okay I guess the forest fight is okay-ish. But everything else? They somehow made Shia even more unlikable. Even more. How is that humanly possible? I imagine Michael Bay and his writing staff sitting in a big meeting room, asking themselves, what can we do to make these human characters even worse? Let them yell even more. When they talk, let them say the stupidest shit. Actually, who needs a script anyway? Just put a camera in front of them and let them just frothe at the mouth. I mean, people don't care, they just want to see transforming robots!

Well, after these very sexualized shots of Megan Fox ofcourse. I mean, who doesn't like slightly bad girls with skimpy clothes? And if it doesn't connect, just let one of the little bots ride her leg. Even as someone who appreciates the beauty of women (sorry for liking girls) this, you now, I find, just ugh.

Oh wait the movie itself? Well, terrible script, nonsensical plot, even worse Transformers designs if that's even possible; who ever thought that racist twins are funny? Who? Did you test this in front of a delegation of Klan members? I guess they did. Jetfire is an old man who farts. What's wrong about an old man farting? Because he is a transformer. It doesn't make sense. Yeah okay transforming robots from the planet Cybertron aren't actually realistic, but you know, go with the flow. Thinking about the plot... there wasn't. Well barely. The only things from the script I remember are John Turtorro, who is actually more obnoxious in this film than the original, telling that he's beneath the Constructicons scrotum and Optimus turning into a full murderbot yelling to give him your face. And everything ends with a Linkin Park song as per usual.

Two Constructicon testies of ten wreckin'balls.

Transformers Dark of the Moon

I mean, the last movie is taking liberties with world history. The moon landing? Yeah we actually saw a space ship so that's the real reason behind it. Ooooh what an ingenious plot! You know what's even more unbelievable? Shia's character landing another girlfriend that would never, every have a passing interest in his scrawny ass. And the kicker? Bay being a petty kid by calling out Fox in the movie. Jesus Bay, stop being such a douche.

Oh the plot? Well, I mean, it's somewhat more understandable and there compared to the previous one. Still, can anybody explain me why they cast Dempsey as the villain? I mean, he just did not fit in. Like at all. I mean, what the hell. Why are the bots again so terrible. Why is everything so bad. Why is Sentinel worse. Why is Megatron such a little bitch? This movie is a big nothing burger. Well they kill of Ironhide. Poor Ironhide.

Three electricuted Patrick Dempsey's out of ten Dempsey BBQ's

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Well... when you think things couldnt get any worse. They trott out Marky Mark. Damn you to hell Bay. Damn. You. To. Hell.

And this movie is even worse at times. It starts with Optimus being all shot up (I guess I like that he transforms in his original form) and everything devolves from there. Humans hunting Cybertronians is weird to see, but them being stone cold killers when Autobots are pleading for their life is disgusting. I kind of like the concept of Lockdown and hey, they kill of the annoying human character with acutal fire, well, that's actually a hopeful beginning.

Shame that the slivers of hope get crushed right away when one of the few actually good aspects of the series, the transforming, gets a budget cut and the evil manmade Transformers change forms like they are cybernetic diarea. Again, I don't get it. Anyway, the movie gets worse, even with the introduction of the Dinobots. The freaking Dinobots man. They fucked up Grimlock and the gang. That's an incredible feat, a terrible feat, but uncredible nonetheless.

Oh at the end Optimus flies off into space. Cool.

2,5 cybernetic diarea out of ten puddles of diarea

Transformers: The Last Knight

Again... Marky Mark. And hey, you know continuity? Hahahahaha, yeah not gonna do that. So everything in earths history is because of Cybertron. Please listen to this nice British person played by Anthony Hopkins and his passive agressive somewhat senile robot butler called Cogman. You know, I'm pretty sure the scriptwriters saw this idea on paper and thought "PERFECT".

The leading lady was actually kind of nice. Yes the usual super attractive one, but not as hopeless as the other ones, so, yay, progress I guess? Btw did you know that Bee and Hot Rod actually fought in WW II? It completely contradicts the original movie, but hey who cares? ACTION. EXPLOSIONS. UNICRON? Really? ooooooh its only half assed. Prime becoming a true murder bot. Megatron and his goon squad. (Don't worry Nitro Zeus, you I kind of like. You said hi to that one guys wife!) In the end, its even more nonsense, but I guess Bay didn't want to hide it anymore.

Three badly written Marky Mark films out ten.

Bumblebee

Oh come on when- wait, this movie isn't done by Bay? The Transformers designs actually resemble... Transformers? Human characters who don't suck? Who are you, you wonderful man? You even gave us a glimpse of G1 inspired Cybertron? Praise the Oracle, you are now a saint in the realm of Transformers!

All jokes aside, Bumblebee is a fun coming of age story where Hailee Steinfeld is lovely, the supporting cast pretty cool (Pamela Adlon is cool and even John CEEEEENNAAAA is actually pretty nice) and well, its a very lowkey movie. I like it, Bumbleebee transforms into a Volkswagen Beetle which is rad as fuck and its a fun ride. Doesn't reinvent the wheel, but within in the Transformers franchise, its a masterpiece.

So yeah, Seven Beetles ouf of ten

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom