• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Spoiler The Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Postgame & Spoiler Discussion Thread

Honestly, I think that Nintendo asked a portion of the Xenoblade team to help with The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom partway through development. Post Chapter 5, it feels like there are certain elements that were just fragmented or questionably underdeveloped.

I don’t think that’s likely since they already have a dedicated division for Zelda development. Perhaps the more likely scenario was that COVID disrupted the project’s pipeline and caused them to scrap some elements early on/midway through.

Honestly, I think that Nintendo asked a portion of the Xenoblade team to help with The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom partway through development. Post Chapter 5, it feels like there are certain elements that were just fragmented or questionably underdeveloped.
could have been covid hitting them mid development but if either case is true I question the game being released 2 months earlier than intended

Personally, I don't think any huge chunk of game got cut, and that what we got was mostly what Monolith envisioned, warts and all. I'll certainly change my tune if someone from Monolith ever says otherwise or stuff gets found in the game files, but as of now I don't see much to convince me to go blaming Zelda or anything else Monolith might be working on for what may or may not have gone down during development.

I have not played the game after the initial run through it so I've not done the new DLC quest yet. I have a few questions. Do you think I should play it now piecemeal or wait for the story expansion later and play it all together?

Also unrelated to the story, but I've warmed up to the soundtrack aspects more since release. I don't think the soundtrack holds a candle to Xenoblade 2 and 1 or even torna, but I get what Mitsuda-san was going for. Shame the moebius boss song is still annoying for me.

I also don't think stuff was rushed story wise. Sure, the lack of food effects / money being almost useless in-game feel like it, but the story is comprehensive despite my issues with it. Hope we get to see more Ethel in the DLC :)

Bought this game at launch, just saw the credits for the first time after 515 hours. Probably my favorite RPG ever and I have played I don't know how many, I have no words to describe how much I adored paying this game. That was spectacular indeed

Bought this game at launch, just saw the credits for the first time after 515 hours. Probably my favorite RPG ever and I have played I don't know how many, I have no words to describe how much I adored paying this game. That was spectacular indeed

If Sho Minamimoto is saying this, then there is no denying!!!

glad you had a blast.

Also, did you guys see that Xenblade 3 won best music of 2022 on the Easy Allies award?

A bit of justice.

So since there is a possibility we see the first look at the story DLC tomorrow, any last minute predictions? It seems things are pointing towards a prequel but the three main blades on the DLC art makes me think it might take place after Xenoblade 3. Since this is the final game in the saga, they might have a one last celebration DLC, kind of like the Citadel DLC for Mass Effect 3.

It can be shown off tomorrow or it's just as likely that it won't be there. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

So since there is a possibility we see the first look at the story DLC tomorrow, any last minute predictions? It seems things are pointing towards a prequel but the three main blades on the DLC art makes me think it might take place after Xenoblade 3. Since this is the final game in the saga, they might have a one last celebration DLC, kind of like the Citadel DLC for Mass Effect 3.

It can be shown off tomorrow or it's just as likely that it won't be there. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
All signs point to a prequel about the founders which'll give us that crossover of Rex/Shulk, but I think we may see if a small epilogue from kid Mio's POV that shows us Alrest at the end to tie it in with the kid Noah stuff, especially since we never saw kid Mio from the artbook used in the game.

Honestly really hoping we see it tmrw, been craving news on this and the 3rd wave. I can't imagine the story expansion releases past July considering 3 was done way ahead of schedule and they've likely been working on the DLC for a while now.

They haven't revealed the next DLC character, which sits before the DLC campaign in the queue. The latter is also due for release in the second half of the year (unless they're bringing it forward).
I'm not getting my hopes up, I reckon that they'll unveil the next hero character, and maybe tease a single image (à la three red swords) at the end of the XBC3 segment.

Same as always: Founders DLC, with Shulk and Rex as the “mentors”.

An epilogue would completely undercut the point of the main narrative, but if anyone can pull it off it’s probably MonolithSoft.

They haven't revealed the next DLC character, which sits before the DLC campaign in the queue. The latter is also due for release in the second half of the year (unless they're bringing it forward).
I'm not getting my hopes up, I reckon that they'll unveil the next hero character, and maybe tease a single image (à la three red swords) at the end of the XBC3 segment.

They revealed Torna the Golden Country before all of the other DLC was released for Xenoblade 2. Torna had its first trailer in June 2018 while Elma was revealed in August. The story DLC for Xenoblade 3 doesn't have a specified release window other than releasing before the end of the year.

They revealed Torna the Golden Country before all of the other DLC was released for Xenoblade 2. Torna had its first trailer in June 2018 while Elma was revealed in August. The story DLC for Xenoblade 3 doesn't have a specified release window other than releasing before the end of the year.
They also dropped the challenge mode with Shulk/Fiora after the Torna trailer at E3, if we are going by the same timeframe (which XC3 finished up earlier than 2) then we should be seeing a trailer tomorrow.

Honestly if we don't see it then I wouldn't be surprised if it was slightly larger in scope then Torna and they want it in the second half of the year to pad out the release schedule.

i could not think of anything less hype for the expansion then the founders
Couldn't agree more. The worldbuilding of XC3 was really, really boring (it was like a road trip through a series of the world's most depressing campsites with XC1 and 2 fanservice dotting the horizon), but the core party was fantastic.

Dumping the party to tell another story in that dull world (especially the city, which was the most uninspired area of all of them) is exactly the opposite of what I want.

I'd much rather a side-story with the same characters we already love doing something else, like traversing some multiverse created by the conduit in an effort to get back to each other.

Of course, if the founders all end up actually being previous characters from Xenoblade games then I guess that's compelling, but reading the descriptions I didn't think they were - it was more like they were related in some way to the characters without being them.

I'm gonna say a prologue is just as likely. Set some time just before the opening cutscene of the game and explaining Aionios.

That's also what I'm personally hoping for.

Also, the founders could have a lot of interesting background information that we're missing from the main game, so I'm not sure why so many people seem negative towards that scenario.

I feel like people are ruling out the Founders as good characters too quickly. MonolithSoft is great at writing characters, I don’t see any reason why we should assume that the Founders would be a boring cast.

Hell, Addam and Lora were pretty generic stock heroes in XC2, and Torna turned them into two of the best characters in the franchise. There’s plenty of room for the Founders to be great characters in their own right, even if the worldbuilding surrounding them is incredibly weak.

Regardless, I’ll take anything over a direct epilogue. For as sloppy as the finale is, the core message and themes hold up very well. A “happy ending” flies directly in the face of it. No thank you.

I wrote this earlier in the thread, but I think the DLC will be an epilogue with the Founders as the cast now that Noah and the rest of Ouroboros have returned to their youth in the reborn world. The story will be more light-hearted in that you are trying to establish peaceful connections between the people of Alrest and Bionis. There will be plenty of fanservice with characters from all three games and it will end with hints on where the series will be going from here.

I'm still guessing the DLC is about the time of the Founders, though I believe they can find a way to make it interesting! Something I thought would be cool is if it focuses more on M, maybe even as the lead character. My guess is that she is the 7th founder.

The DLC character: Kevessi healer, hopefully with a transferable skill that lowers enemy debuff resist similar to the Ogre skull reducing break resist
The Challenge Mode Expansion: Challenges with an unchangeable party and load out including challenges where you play as heroes
Bonus: Mwamba is a hero now too. Recruit him in the city after Mio's side story.
The story expansion: A single shot of Origin in construction

Yes, as unrealistic as it is, I don't want to let go of my pre-Origin "try to stop it from being built and end up responsible for Mobius" idea. Aionios isn't interesting, nothing that happens in there can be consequential. The previous games' characters are done, I don't want to see them forced into some fan service nonsense.
But whatever it is, I'm more interested in the new area they create. Bionis Shoulder and Torna were the best areas in their respective games imo

I hope it's not just another hero and a few challenge missions.

It feels like the game is dead. We need a glimpse of the story content, just to generate some hype and excitement in the fandom. One slender add-on in six months isn't great support by any means.

We don't need to see a lot. And a more fleshed out reveal later in the year is to be expected, but please don't just bring a trailer for another cookie-cutter hero quest.

90K in the last three months doesn't suggest the game has a lot of momentum.

mostly just suggests it was overshipped initially. it’s still sold well ahead of XB2 and DE after the same period of time.
While I agree, I still think you could argue it points to a degree of stagnancy - though it's too early to say anything concrete. I'm not convinced it's going to have XC2's legs, but I hope it does.

But the release schedule of additional content isn't helping it.

I think it will be founders DLC and is a disappointment but not because I think that Xenoblade 3 world building is bad but because I almost never enjoy a prequels when I know the outcome already. The only good thing is that they might make available the City outfit for Mio to be used in the main game.

I wish they would come with a good continuation but I think they might need to make two epilogues one for each world and I don't see that happening.

Same as always: Founders DLC, with Shulk and Rex as the “mentors”.

An epilogue would completely undercut the point of the main narrative, but if anyone can pull it off it’s probably MonolithSoft.

Based on the statues both Rex and Shulk WERE founders themself. Only the Dunban statue mentions that he is the mentor of a founder as far as I remember.

That Dunban statue is referring to adult Shulk, both Rex and Shulk were mentors to two of the founders.
Eh, pretty sure not? That's not how I read it in German. Dunban was the mentor not Shulk.

Code:
    "In memory of the founder of House Oritz and the City's Liberator."
    "A Kevesi soldier, this Founder was released from the Flame Clock system by the other Founders..."
    "...and henceforth, spent every last ounce of his energy for the cause: to liberate the City as one of the first Ouroborus."
    "With surpassing skill in mechanical engineering, the Founder fought not with a Blade, but with a weapon of his own fabrication."
    "He was also responsible for laying the foundations of all the mechanical systems supporting the City to this day."
    "Following the fight against Moebius, he poured the remainder of his days into rebuilding the City, before finally perishing at the age of 80 years.."
    "...though how he attained that feat despite his origins as a Kevesi soldier remains unexplained."

This is the Shulk statue. He is mentioned as Founder.

And this is the Dunban statue:

Code:
    "In memory of the Founder of House Reid and the City's Liberatrix."
    "Rather than the Founder herself, this statue depicts the Founder's mentor figure, standing as a sign of the deep reverence and devotion she felt for her teacher."
    "The founder's master was unconnected to her by bonds of blood yet he raised her as would befit s child of one's own, it is said."
    "Though of calm and constant disposition, the sight of him on the battlefield, great red sword in hand, struck fear into many a Moebius."
    "And though the vicious struggle against Moebius cost this ferocious warrior his right arm..."
    "...the loss did nothing to diminish his desire to hone his martial skills each day, standing as vivid testament to his indomitable will."

Eh, pretty sure not? That's not how I read it in German. Dunban was the mentor not Shulk.

Code:
    "In memory of the founder of House Oritz and the City's Liberator."
    "A Kevesi soldier, this Founder was released from the Flame Clock system by the other Founders..."
    "...and henceforth, spent every last ounce of his energy for the cause: to liberate the City as one of the first Ouroborus."
    "With surpassing skill in mechanical engineering, the Founder fought not with a Blade, but with a weapon of his own fabrication."
    "He was also responsible for laying the foundations of all the mechanical systems supporting the City to this day."
    "Following the fight against Moebius, he poured the remainder of his days into rebuilding the City, before finally perishing at the age of 80 years.."
    "...though how he attained that feat despite his origins as a Kevesi soldier remains unexplained."

This is the Shulk statue. He is mentioned as Founder.

And this is the Dunban statue:

Code:
    "In memory of the Founder of House Reid and the City's Liberatrix."
    "Rather than the Founder herself, this statue depicts the Founder's mentor figure, standing as a sign of the deep reverence and devotion she felt for her teacher."
    "The founder's master was unconnected to her by bonds of blood yet he raised her as would befit s child of one's own, it is said."
    "Though of calm and constant disposition, the sight of him on the battlefield, great red sword in hand, struck fear into many a Moebius."
    "And though the vicious struggle against Moebius cost this ferocious warrior his right arm..."
    "...the loss did nothing to diminish his desire to hone his martial skills each day, standing as vivid testament to his indomitable will."

Luxin's video goes into more details around 18 minutes or so:

The Shulk statute has a lot of details and similarities that make it more likely to be an adult Shulk especially the parallels between the two mentors which the other one is clearly Rex. The other one that looks similar to Shulk could be his kid or just a reference all together.

Yeah the “younger Shulk” statue is a red herring. The statue of the person that looks closer to the Rex statue’s age (and more like Klaus) is actually older Shulk.

The XC1 and 2 protagonists’ statues seem to be the middle left and middle right.

I think one of the NPCs in the city makes a vague cheeky reference to them.

There it is. Founders. Rex and Shulk, and I’m assuming Noah’s son.

Why the absolute hell was Alvis there though.

I'm dead bro, ADULT SHULK AND REX, ALVIS?!?! Guar Plains area?! Holy shit it looks good, knew it was going to deal with the founders, I cannot wait dude OMG

Bro if they top Torna I swear.

Also next DLC wave looks so much better, rogue-like challenge mode with themed outfits from 1 and 2? HELL YEAH

Now I can see why people were like "they shouldn't start with Zelda"

I haven't been able to concentrate on a single damn thing since the DLC snippet.

Yeah, it sounds as if Al Weaver has been dropped & replaced with another Northern VA, unless he's hit a second puberty in his forties. Haha.
I’m closing in on the finale of Kaguya-Sama Love is War and a VA change has hurt my soul throughout. lol

Now my boy (man?), Rex? Toss him on to the pile, along with Bayonetta, Snake, Sam Fisher and the like… why is it always my favourites?

This looks SO good, ngl. I'm super excited to see the rest of the DLC come out! The new hero seems fun and the challenge mode looks sick. The new outfits are gonna be so cool (I love throwback things like this a lot lol) and the story DLC. Holy heck. That's all I can say. Holy heck.

It sounds like his natural voice is lower than Rex's, and he's now 5-6 years older. Not as deep as the one in the trailer though...

Well I'll be. That new mode in wave 3 actually looks kinda fun. My expectations were really low after wave 2, not gonna lie.

New hero is whatever. Not expecting much after Ino.

Founders are indeed here. Never saw a reason to doubt that.

Don't know how to feel that they indeed saved the "this is in fact a sequel to 1 and 2" heavy stuff for the expansion. That was always a big possibility just based on expansion image, but still.

Between the new costumes and this expansion it seems like they are going heavy on the nostalgia from now on.

Just seeing Shulk and Rex interacting with Alvis went beyond anything I ever expected for the story expansion.

Wasn’t expecting to feel things just seeing Rex’s salvager anchor guantlet on his arm. So awesome seeing him holding the two Aegis swords.

I’m closing in on the finale of Kaguya-Sama Love is War and a VA change has hurt my soul throughout. lol

Kaguya is SO good. Hope you are enjoying the ride!

Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom