• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Spoiler The Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Postgame & Spoiler Discussion Thread

I'm speechless. Can't WAIT!!! I hope they were able to bring Alvis' original VA back!!

But why are you guys so confident this is the founders story and not an epilogue? I mean, it makes sense, but is there any particular giveaway?

I'm speechless. Can't WAIT!!! I hope they were able to bring Alvis' original VA back!!

But why are you guys so confident this is the founders story and not an epilogue? I mean, it makes sense, but is there any particular giveaway?
That's clearly Vandham at the end with his Ouroboros form appearing behind him

that wave 3 stuff looks way more interesting than I thought it would

wasn't planning on bothering with it but I kinda wanna boot the game up and mess around with it a bit when it comes out

When they show the shot of the Bionis Leg, you can see Mor Ardain's arm in the background looking like the usual Aionios skyline, so it's definitely still set in Aionios.

But yea, it looks cool. Wasn't expecting Alvis at all, and he's even wielding the Monado I. I'm so-so on the new hero. According to the tweets, her things is passively healing nearby allies whenever she crits which is okay I guess.

The new challenge battle mode is what I'm really excited about. Replacing ourobros with a thing that just makes all enemies launched reminds me of the ponspector daze all thing. Looks like you can stock three charges of 'launch all'.

edit: Also looks to be a snow area on the right edge of the screen when it shows Bionis Leg. Maybe it's just captocorn peak, but hopefully, it's Tantal.

Last edited:
And hope we see Malos again lol
This is definitely a stretch, but if the dark-haired guy is the House Vandham founder, then the grandad he's talking about could be xc2 Vandham, so maybe it's actually possible he's talking to some reincarnation of Malos when he's blaming him for his grandad's death.

That'd be wild to have all trinity core beings present.

Well, Malos and Noah's VAs were together in the same recording studio last December, make of that what you will

There we go! Looks like Consul A is likely Alvis as some people were thinking, and we're getting the story of the Founders. I'm excited!

I also really really want to try out that new challenge battle mode.

There we go! Looks like Consul A is likely Alvis as some people were thinking, and we're getting the story of the Founders. I'm excited!

I also really really want to try out that new challenge battle mode.
The rogue-lite element looks great for replayability and makes this way better than wave 2

I know the focus is wave 4 rn (and it looks SO good), but is anyone else excited for the new challenge mode? I think it'll be really fun to play through that with each character, building teams of heroes as I go! Gonna be obsessed with it for a while -- should hold me over well.

I'll have a ton to play in the next few months, so I'm probably still waiting until the story DLC before getting the expansion pass, but everything they showed today looked great! It'll be really nice to revisit this game later in the year.

I know the focus is wave 4 rn (and it looks SO good), but is anyone else excited for the new challenge mode? I think it'll be really fun to play through that with each character, building teams of heroes as I go! Gonna be obsessed with it for a while -- should hold me over well.

Ohhhh yes. As @Neverx says, I think it's going to have a lot of replayabaility.

I can’t lie and say I’m not intrigued by the DLC. But I must confess, I don't totally trust Monolith Soft to deliver with this expansion. Alvis, Rex and Shulk sharing the screen is a fanboy’s wet dream.

And Alvis being a bad guy was thoroughly discussed in the lead up to launch, so it’s funny to see that seemingly come to fruition.

Seeing beefcake Rex is a sight for sore eyes too - but bloody hell, he sounds nearly 50, next to a Shulk that sounds in his mid-30s… and the former is meant to be younger. I can’t imagine how this voice is going to interact with Skye Bennett’s Pyra and Mythra - it’s odd.

I need to hear more, but I’m not over the moon with it. He doesn’t sound like an older Rex, he sounds like a totally different person. Even his dialogue feels totally out of step with what I’d expect from his character.

Seeing Vandham at the end all but confirms this is about The Founders. And a Shulk with his arm intact and a Rex with his eye might allude to that scene happening early on - though Aionios shenanigans could explain that.

I am glad that they overtly showed off Shulk and Rex because it is what the larger fandom wants to see and pays off the key art appropriately.

I do hope Monolith Soft can work a bit of magic and give us a bit of post-XC3 story, otherwise it’s all going to feel a little whatever. Not that it can’t be great, but telling a story in a world that no longer exists come the main game’s credits is a tough sell.

Those mixed jumble of emotions aside, I’m glad we saw something. I’ve basically not discussed Xenoblade properly for months, so it’s nice to have something to chew on.

I have no interest in returning to the base game though, so those challenges hold no pull for me.

Kaguya is SO good. Hope you are enjoying the ride!
Kaguya might just be my favourite anime now… just two episodes of season three left. I’ve binged it over the last few weeks. Pure quality. I could and likely will wax lyrical about it in the anime thread later this week.

This is going to be wild. It seems like no physical copy for the story DLC like they did with Torna, so I guess I'll just grab it digitally when we get closer.

If we make another thread (for dlc), can we call it, "Alvis never left the building."

This is definitely a stretch, but if the dark-haired guy is the House Vandham founder, then the grandad he's talking about could be xc2 Vandham, so maybe it's actually possible he's talking to some reincarnation of Malos when he's blaming him for his grandad's death.

That'd be wild to have all trinity core beings present.
Alvis didn't kill xb2 vandham though.. hmm. I'm gonna guess a descendant of xb2 Vandham was the founder. Maybe his son

I was holding off on getting the DLC in case it was ever included with the NSO Expansion Pass, but this latest trailer has pushed me over. Can't wait to see the return of Rex, the best Xenoblade protagonist, then lament when he inevitably kicks the bucket.

I just felt like they would have said something by now, but maybe not? If not, great. If they do end up releasing one, great, if not, I'll just get it digitally as we get closer.
That was just barely a tease. The big reveal of the story DLC will most likely be around E3 time. I‘m sure they‘ll reveal the physical edition then.

Last edited:
I’m absolutely putting money on Vandham’s grandfather being Noah. He looks just like him.
Plot twist: Grandad is OG Vandham and Malos is back

(I don't actually think or want this, it's just a thought I had)

Edit: I see I'm late lol

Alvis didn't kill xb2 vandham though.. hmm. I'm gonna guess a descendant of xb2 Vandham was the founder. Maybe his son
That's why Malos is part of the theory; we don't actually know who that quote is directed at. Monolith Soft is no stranger to dialogue misdirects in trailers.

Last edited:
The Gaur Plain shot is what got me hyped. That’s the definitive Xenoblade area for me.

Also very excited the Wave 3 DLC sounds more substantial than Wave 2. I thought the arena battles were kind of whatever, so building up a squad now sounds cool.

It's not even up for debate at this point lol, pretty obvious based on the statues
I thought the kid that looked like Noah is Noah's kid, and also the founder of House Vandham. His father is the one that became N and seemingly killed Rex (probably Shulk, too), hence the "isn't it enough with grandpa's death?" or something like that.

I thought the kid that looked like Noah is Noah's kid, and also the founder of House Vandham. His father is the one that became N and seemingly killed Rex (probably Shulk, too), hence the "isn't it enough with grandpa's death?" or something like that.
I think it's a descendent of N's kid and the grandfather he is talking about is either N's kid who was the first city that N destroyed or another descendent that N killed.

I think it's a descendent of N's kid and the grandfather he is talking about is either N's kid who was the first city that N destroyed or another descendent that N killed.
images

This reminds me that I got just a tad confused when they started talking about N and the current City, the first City and whatever. I got the gist of everything but something never fully clicked with me with that backstory. Not sure if I'm alone on that one lol

You can see a new field buff in the Japanese version of the trailer when Masha is in the party. The name isn't visible but the icon is a green heart with a lightning bolt. My guess is Masha's crit on heal isn't a passive effect but a field ring effect.

Regarding the Vandham stuff, I admittedly never quite understood how the houses/families worked. I know the son of one of the past Noahs is thought by some to be the Vandham founder and in game, it's remarked that the Vandham founder looks like Noah, but xc3 Vandham is undeniably a descendant of xc2 Vandham and Nia seems to imply it is the same family in her convo with Ghondor. So I don't really get it.

I do think the City in the DLC will be the first City and it will be made up of survivors of the collision.

I'm curious how they'll remix Aionios for this. The shot of Raguel Lake looks like it was ripped straight out of DE. We know Viliera Hill is right around the path leading to Raguel Lake and we know where Viliera Hill is in the base game so you'd think this section with Raquel Lake would be near the entrance to Fornis down that stream with the unique Flamii. But this shot is looking in the direction of Viliera Hill so you shouldn't be able to see Mor Ardain's arm from this direction, it should be behind the camera. And there are no bits of Gormott anywhere even though one of its giant fins is visible nearby from Viliera Hill in the base game. So I have no idea where this chunk of Bionis Leg is in relation to everything else.

Also, if you look closely there's an Agnus colony set up near Raguel Lake. It's easier to see in the Japanese version as they zoom in closer.

I just noticed something on a rewatch of the Direct. Actually two things.

It's been said that Bionis' Leg appears to be at least part of the DLC, but did anyone notice though that on the quick zoom-in shot we catch a glimpse of what appears to be Immovable Gonzalez???

So then that made me think: what if the reason we didn't get a Rotbart in XB3 is because he's there in the Leg as part of the DLC area??? So XB3 gets to have Rotbart after all!!

And then the other thing I noticed is it looks like a twisting white path is coming from the side of the Leg towards the right side of the screen.. wonder if that's part of Captocorn Peak? Which also makes me wonder if the DLC area was initially supposed to be between Agnus Castle and Captocorn? That felt like a jarring transition to me in the game, like even while playing it it felt like I had sorta skipped an area or something. And if there was initially gonna be one more area between those two, that might explain why the story events in Chapter 6 felt kinda crammed and rushed to me. Maybe like Torna they decided to cut a planned area/chapter and save it for the DLC?

Dunno. But it feels nice to speculate about this game again. ❤️

Interested to see what they do with Rex, given the description of him in The City, I can’t remember it word for word, but it says something about how he aided in the battle against moebius both physically and spiritually.

And what with Nia appearing to use Pyra and Mythra’s swords, the fate of Rex, Pyra and Mythra is a little more murky than that of Shulk.

I think if they were brave, they’d kill off Shulk.

That said, I do hope these guys get a happy ending. I know they do as of the end of XC3, but I‘m not keen on having post XC and XC2 Rex and Shulk pulled into the miserable world of XC3 after their respective games… but it’s where we are.

And here we are: so glad the main game was its own story, so glad the fanboy wetdream (me included) is the additional story in the DLC

I think the guy we see in the trailer is Founder Vandahm, who is N's son. That would mean his "granddad" is Rex. It makes sense that Rex dies here since he doesn't technically become a Founder, he was just said to be a mentor.

Some thoughts on the DLC teaser.

Alvis is rocking the original Monado, and the glow around him is very Fog King.

Dual-wielding, jacked Rex just absolutely towering over Shulk is the greatest thing ever.

As far as I’m concerned the jury’s still out as to whether this is a prequel, sequel or both. It’s even possible it’s all three - a look at how things came to pass but with Xeno 3’s cast somehow altering the way things went.

I think the guy we see in the trailer is Founder Vandahm, who is N's son. That would mean his "granddad" is Rex. It makes sense that Rex dies here since he doesn't technically become a Founder, he was just said to be a mentor.
I doubt that Vandham would know of that though, doesn't really seem like the type of thing Rex would talk about. And that's assuming Rex has his memories at all, he could be stuck in the Origin cycle like everyone else.

My problems with XC3 could be summarized in 3 points:
  • the bummer ending
  • the lack of big lore revelations
  • the lack of meaningful crossovers with the past 2 games

And this DLC is already confirmed to fix 2 of them at least. (Probably)
If they can also fix the ending somehow, good job Monolith!

Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom