• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Spoiler The Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Postgame & Spoiler Discussion Thread

Sooooo. Finished it a few days ago, at about 285 hours. Got the real juice out of the game, with one DLC remaining and obviously post content.
One thing I will remember is that I should have not used as many nopon coins for certain quests in the beginning. And also not too many bonus level ups.

I gota a question. Who is the girl with the hood who tells Noah that if he really wants to change what happen?

Really gave me Alvis vibes, but nothing came out.

That’s Mio, and that entire conversation is taking place in the moment where N’s sword is falling towards Noah’s neck. We see in cutscenes that M’s ability to show up in someone else’s mind can appear to be instantaneous to an outside observer, but can contain an entire, in-depth conversation between M and whoever she’s possessing from their perspective. We see the ‘shifting’ effect which M’s power causes right before N stays his blade, showing that Mio has left Noah’s mind.

Mio has access to all of M’s memories and she’s been shown how Noah once fell and was unleashed upon the world as N, causing untold harm. Before revealing that she and M pulled the ol’ switcheroo, she’s using M’s power to both share her memories with Noah and to show him where his previous self went wrong. This is why she ends the conversation with the line about walking hand in hand, and immediately repeats it out in the real world - she’s letting him know it really is her.

I believe it was Mio.
That’s Mio, and that entire conversation is taking place in the moment where N’s sword is falling towards Noah’s neck. We see in cutscenes that M’s ability to show up in someone else’s mind can appear to be instantaneous to an outside observer, but can contain an entire, in-depth conversation between M and whoever she’s possessing from their perspective. We see the ‘shifting’ effect which M’s power causes right before N stays his blade, showing that Mio has left Noah’s mind.

Mio has access to all of M’s memories and she’s been shown how Noah once fell and was unleashed upon the world as N, causing untold harm. Before revealing that she and M pulled the ol’ switcheroo, she’s using M’s power to both share her memories with Noah and to show him where his previous self went wrong. This is why she ends the conversation with the line about walking hand in hand, and immediately repeats it out in the real world - she’s letting him know it really is her.
Thank you! The voice changed and everything. Really powerful scene!

I need to replay the game soon.

I gota a question. Who is the girl with the hood who tells Noah that if he really wants to change what happen?

It was Mio. But I also highly suspect she took the form of N & M's child, to represent what M held dear. And what N forsook (their descendants) to uphold the endless now.

I think it's Noah's own subconscious taking the form of his child self. We see him one other time looking down at Noah from the balcony in Z's theater in the scene where he chooses to become Mobius. Noah looks up at him, but brushes it off and still goes through with becoming N.

M's giving him a little help diving into his own subconscious domain.

And someone somewhere posted the ripped model and it's young Noah, along with the same VA. But I can't remember where.

Queens´s beans

9r7Le6o.jpg

I just saw that it looks like Jumbo Tirkin was voiced by Stanley Townsend (which, listening to his voice again, makes sense).

Between Triton, Jumbo Tirkin, and the XB2 battle announcer, he truly gets to voice the cream of the crop, haha.

Where’s this DLC at then?

Coming up to five months out and we’ve only had the first piece of DLC. You’d expect the second to be revealed in January and released shortly afterwards.

Torna was revealed six-and-half months after XC2.

They obviously released a totally different times and have a totally different roadmap, but still… it feels like we’re forever away from that story DLC.

Where’s this DLC at then?

Coming up to five months out and we’ve only had the first piece of DLC. You’d expect the second to be revealed in January and released shortly afterwards.

Torna was revealed six-and-half months after XC2.

They obviously released a totally different times and have a totally different roadmap, but still… it feels like we’re forever away from that story DLC.
Better to think of the release date of 3 as September, not July

Here’s an interview with Sara Weeda, who provided the vocals for A Step Away and Where We Belong, about her involvement with the game. It is rather insightful and fun to read!

So..which are Fami bet on the story DLC we will get?

Prequel (Torna)
In parallel to the main story (as for the mission dlc)
Sequel (Future connected)
My vote is for Prequel, because I feel like the Founders stuff was too much of an un-fleshed tease to just leave alone.
and the way the story ended, it feels to me like it'd be kinda cheap to then make a follow-up to that

Yeah, I’m fairly confident it’s the Founders. Keeps the gameplay systems relatively intact, allows for asset reuse, and fulfills the triple sword key art via Shulk and Rex as the likely mentors.

Better to think of the release date of 3 as September, not July
Still a shame. It feels worse knowing that we’ve got to get through the next challenge DLC pack before we even see the story stuff…

… unless they’re showed them off together, but let‘s be honest, that’s doubtful. Something even meatier than Torna would be crazy.

Still a shame. It feels worse knowing that we’ve got to get through the next challenge DLC pack before we even see the story stuff…

… unless they’re showed them off together, but let‘s be honest, that’s doubtful. Something even meatier than Torna would be crazy.

After sifting through Mitsuda’s blog this past week, he is adamant that whatever project he’s been working on recently will be announced by March. 🤞

Not sure why people were expecting to see the DLC by now. We had to wait 6 months to get an official reveal for Torna, and Wave 3 of the XC2 expansion pass was revealed after that, but released before.

February/Winter direct always made the most sense for a full reveal trailer, and not having seen Wave 3 yet doesn’t deter from that.

Prequel (Torna)
My guess is that the story DLC will be an epilogue, but the playable characters will be the Founders in their original incarnations since Noah and the rest of the party have presumably returned to being children. It would take cues from the Torna DLC and focus on community-building however the story will be more light-hearted now that Moebius and Aionios is gone and will mainly deal with peacefully uniting the people of both worlds. There will be plenty of fanservice in the form of certain characters from XC1 and XC2 showing up and we will also interact with the main party and heroes from XC3 in their pre-Aionios incarnations. The end of the DLC will close the book on the Klaus arc and set the stage for the next arc in the XC saga.

My guess is that the story DLC will be an epilogue, but the playable characters will be the Founders in their original incarnations since Noah and the rest of the party have presumably returned to being children. It would take cues from the Torna DLC and focus on community-building however the story will be more light-hearted now that Moebius and Aionios is gone and will mainly deal with peacefully uniting the people of both worlds. There will be plenty of fanservice in the form of certain characters from XC1 and XC2 showing up and we will also interact with the main party and heroes from XC3 in their pre-Aionios incarnations. The end of the DLC will close the book on the Klaus arc and set the stage for the next arc in the XC saga.
How would they unite the people of the two worlds if Aionios is gone..?

I mean I actually like this idea, the sort of circular nature of it being an epilogue but also almost a prequel since things were reset and the clock turned back, but.. literally how, now that the worlds have separated?

I mean I actually like this idea, the sort of circular nature of it being an epilogue but also almost a prequel since things were reset and the clock turned back, but.. literally how, now that the worlds have separated?
The ending does imply that there is still a connection through young Noah hearing Mio's flute. My interpretation is that the original worlds of Bionis and Alrest are long gone and the new recreations exist within Origin which is how they are connected.

Not sure why people were expecting to see the DLC by now. We had to wait 6 months to get an official reveal for Torna, and Wave 3 of the XC2 expansion pass was revealed after that, but released before.

February/Winter direct always made the most sense for a full reveal trailer, and not having seen Wave 3 yet doesn’t deter from that.
I’ve noticed folks who weren’t fond of Xenoblade 3 story the most are the most anxious to see the DLC lol.

But it’s also amusing all together since we got a timeline for the DLC and we can sorta expected when it might be shown. Don’t see the rush when it’s not gonna be release for a while still. Everyone was praising the timeline DLC cause it provided clarity but we still asking lol

We've been given no reason to think whatever method of communication existed between the two worlds before wouldn't work anymore, and now that they're presumably not on a time limit, building amethod of bridging the two worlds is something they could devote attention to.

Prequel (Torna)
Prequel. A lot of lore stuff about the Founders, plus you have that image with swords from all 3 games. So it seems like we will get to play characters from all 3 games. For sure the original city will be rhere

Will be interesting how many playable characters there would be..

Shulk, Dunban, Melia from xb1
Rex, Tora and Mia from Xb2.

and then the original Noah and Mio.. or N and
M

Based on the statues there will be new originalk chracters. Dunban was the mentor of a founder and not a founder himself. So the founder he trained will be the playable character but Dunban still will appear.

We've been given no reason to think whatever method of communication existed between the two worlds before wouldn't work anymore, and now that they're presumably not on a time limit, building amethod of bridging the two worlds is something they could devote attention to.
Okay, I'm into this

Prequel (Torna)
I say prequel of sorts. They talk that there has been several Ourouboros attempting to bring down Zed.

Maybe the founders or some other Ourouboros that got close to do it.

Congrats! One of my favorite games of all time.

Now, I recommend doing all Hero Quests and Side missions from the main characters. They really add to the story.
I’ve done a lot of them (though I guess there are postgame quests for Nia and Melia)? Pretty great stuff. Some of the Hero Quests were on the weak side but I enjoyed the Side stories, and all in all this is my favorite RPG cast since, like, Persona 4, or maybe even Skies of Arcadia. Just a wonderful group of characters.

One thing that makes me lean slightly towards the DLC story being a prequel is Consul A being MIA, and the first letter of the alphabet being the final boss of a story set in the past while the last letter is the final boss in the present day story is something I could see them doing.

Also, for what it's worth, I have to agree that the story loses steam after Chapter 5, but the ending of Chapter 5 is also one of the most remarkable and affecting segments I've ever experienced in a game, so I can't really fault them for not being able to top it.

It ends strong, either way.

Also, for what it's worth, I have to agree that the story loses steam after Chapter 5, but the ending of Chapter 5 is also one of the most remarkable and affecting segments I've ever experienced in a game, so I can't really fault them for not being able to top it.

Yeah I really get the feeling they had some ideas for where to go after Chapter 5 but ran out of time/resources. The Colony Omega events feel like a bit of a rush job to me so I wouldn't be surprised if they sorta dropped some story plans for a big third act and crammed the dangling threads into that one chapter. 🤷‍♂️

Either way, the end of Chapter 5 rocked so we at least have that. ❤️

Yeah I really get the feeling they had some ideas for where to go after Chapter 5 but ran out of time/resources. The Colony Omega events feel like a bit of a rush job to me so I wouldn't be surprised if they sorta dropped some story plans for a big third act and crammed the dangling threads into that one chapter. 🤷‍♂️

Either way, the end of Chapter 5 rocked so we at least have that. ❤️
Addressing other controversies: As someone who never finished XB1 and played but only liked XB2, the fact that this game didn't do a ton to 'wrap up' the trilogy didn't particularly bother me. I thought it was a really terrific standalone game with some fun easter eggs for people who've played through the franchise, but I can see why if you're approaching it as 'the end of a trilogy' you might be disappointed.

I appreciated how existentially and philosophically complex it was. Maybe it's just because I'm older, but I found the core themes of the narrative to be really...grown up, and meaningful.

Addressing other controversies: As someone who never finished XB1 and played but only liked XB2, the fact that this game didn't do a ton to 'wrap up' the trilogy didn't particularly bother me. I thought it was a really terrific standalone game with some fun easter eggs for people who've played through the franchise, but I can see why if you're approaching it as 'the end of a trilogy' you might be disappointed.

I appreciated how existentially and philosophically complex it was. Maybe it's just because I'm older, but I found the core themes of the narrative to be really...grown up, and meaningful.
Yeah I'm actually also really happy that the game worked to stand alone. I only wish they had either gone harder in having some sort of big lore twist/connection to justify it or not connect it to the other games at all. I think my frustration with it is that it felt like they sorta halfway'ed it.

Like this is sorta oversimplifying probably but in Xenoblade 2 the game seemed to stand on its own and then the big twist as you play the game is that it's all actually connected. But Xenoblade 3 seems to be heavily connected and the big twist as you play is that it basically stands on its own. 😅

Honestly, I think that Nintendo asked a portion of the Xenoblade team to help with The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom partway through development. Post Chapter 5, it feels like there are certain elements that were just fragmented or questionably underdeveloped.

Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom