• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Spoiler The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread (Tag Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently the 1.1 patch that went out earlier actually had substantial performance improvements to it? Still skeptical since it could still be placebo at this point but that's good to hear if true (won't have really minded myself in all likelihood but it would've been quite annoying to have discussions around this game constantly interrupted by performance complaints)

I'm hearing that the new update improves both docked and handheld performance, especially whilst using Ultrahand

I'm completely stuck at the construct factory, it doesn't seem like I can do anything at all in the left leg depot or the right leg depot, anyone have any tips possibly? Maybe I'm missing something

Hey, long time stalker lol. I have a few questions.

1. Do we know if our old botw save file gives us anything special?
2. Are armor sets upgraded and if so is it the same as botw?
3. Does anybody know what the new amiibo gives?

There are a few elements that are transfered over if you have a BotW save file, but not anything all that special.

The horses stored in the stable are carried over, and it appears that if you've beaten the Champions' Ballad the portrait in Link's house in Hateno carries over to TotK (though as far as i'm aware, it could also just be there no matter what, no explicit confirmation).
If I understand what you are asking correctly, you can still get armor upgraded in the same manner as BotW it seems, via the Great Faries.
Nobody has attempted to bootleg it and scan it yet, so no answer for now.

So apparently the 1.1 patch that went out earlier actually had substantial performance improvements to it? Still skeptical since it could still be placebo at this point but that's good to hear if true (won't have really minded myself in all likelihood but it would've been quite annoying to have discussions around this game constantly interrupted by performance complaints)
source?

Reading speculation as to how the map is expanded in the non-spoiler thread is so fun and partially makes me sad I robbed myself of that first mindf**k the first time I jumped in a pit

ah well

Reading speculation as to how the map is expanded in the non-spoiler thread is so fun and partially makes me sad I robbed myself of that first mindf**k the first time I jumped in a pit

ah well
Even knowing it I think it’s still gonna really hit when playing, like it’s hard to really comprehend two BotW size worlds on top of eachother in my mind right now

Even knowing it I think it’s still gonna really hit when playing, like it’s hard to really comprehend two BotW size worlds on top of eachother in my mind right now
I will say, the one bit of footage I did see in what I assume was the underground looked quite awful visually. Poor poor draw distances and just weird flashy texture work. I assume it was emulator f*ckery, so at least I have that going for me wrt a first impression!

There are a few elements that are transfered over if you have a BotW save file, but not anything all that special.

The horses stored in the stable are carried over, and it appears that if you've beaten the Champions' Ballad the portrait in Link's house in Hateno carries over to TotK (though as far as i'm aware, it could also just be there no matter what, no explicit confirmation).
If I understand what you are asking correctly, you can still get armor upgraded in the same manner as BotW it seems, via the Great Faries.
Nobody has attempted to bootleg it and scan it yet, so no answer for now.

RE 3
we do know it's also weapons/materials/fabric, just not which specific ones yet

I will say, the one bit of footage I did see in what I assume was the underground looked quite awful visually. Poor poor draw distances and just weird flashy texture work. I assume it was emulator f*ckery, so at least I have that going for me wrt a first impression!

Yeah, those were emulator bugs. I saw someone stream with that seemed like an actual Switch (or a somehow perfectly emulated instance) and The Depths actually looked pretty cool. It's a shame shadow casting isn't enabled for local light sources outside of cutscenes, but there was no flickering and textures rendered normally. Visibility was simply limited by the lack of light sources in the environment and didn't appear to be because of a rendering limitation.

I'm sure we'll get a much better idea of what it looks like when we can all play it for ourselves.

Any updates on the 1.1 patch performance? Has anyone in here seen streams that corroborate the claims of significantly improved performance?

Famiboard’s piracy rules are to both protect creators and protect the website. Do not encourage and promote discussion of pirated material. -xghost777, PixelKnight, Josh5890
I'm completely stuck at the construct factory, it doesn't seem like I can do anything at all in the left leg depot or the right leg depot, anyone have any tips possibly? Maybe I'm missing something
You will get banned if you admit to playing it already (just pretend you aren’t like others are doing).
You need to follow the quest line to find the Zonai Ruins. Purah’s hint is useless, but the answer is to visit Kakariko. While you can access Construct Facility before doing the quest, you can’t do anything there without a piece you find on Dragonhead Island by following the quest line

Will you mostly play trough the main story, defeat the endboss and THEN do shrines, sidecontent, exploration, optional bosses etc.?

From what I have seen with the size of this game I’ll probably just go region by region and explore every layer. Ganondorf(?) won’t see my ass until after 200 hours.

Where do I find
King Dorephan? I tried swimming through every waterfall but there doesn't seem to be an entrance ANYWHERE. Please help

Edit: Nevermind. It's not behind a waterfall but there is a hole NEAR a waterfall

Last edited:
You will get banned if you admit to playing it already (just pretend you aren’t like others are doing).
You need to follow the quest line to find the Zonai Ruins. Purah’s hint is useless, but the answer is to visit Kakariko. While you can access Construct Facility before doing the quest, you can’t do anything there without a piece you find on Dragonhead Island by following the quest line
Construct Facility? Is that a dungeon? God I can't wait for this game.

Yeah, those were emulator bugs. I saw someone stream with that seemed like an actual Switch (or a somehow perfectly emulated instance) and The Depths actually looked pretty cool. It's a shame shadow casting isn't enabled for local light sources outside of cutscenes, but there was no flickering and textures rendered normally. Visibility was simply limited by the lack of light sources in the environment and didn't appear to be because of a rendering limitation.

I'm sure we'll get a much better idea of what it looks like when we can all play it for ourselves.
I’ve been watching some people stream the tutorial parts on emulator and it’s very glitchy, with weird textures and frequent stutters.

Thanks for the help! I already had the headpiece from Dragonhead Island, I also have the kakariko quest line done now, but I still just don't have any idea what to do in any of the depot's (left-leg, right-leg, etc..)

Any other tips possibly haha?

Thanks for the help! I already had the headpiece from Dragonhead Island, I also have the kakariko quest line done now, but I still just don't have any idea what to do in any of the depot's (left-leg, right-leg, etc..)

Any other tips possibly haha?
If you've done all that, you just need to activate the zonai gate thing at the start of each depot. It will spawn the piece within a block that you need to guide out of each depot...exits are usually in an upwards direction. Take each block to the body and it will break open, so you can insert the respective pieces

If you've done all that, you just need to activate the zonai gate thing at the start of each depot. It will spawn the piece within a block that you need to guide out of each depot...exits are usually in an upwards direction. Take each block to the body and it will break open, so you can insert the respective pieces
Ahhh i'm an idiot, just figured out what I was doing wrong, thank you!

The only thing I don't like is
the treatment of the Master Sword. It seems to be powerless and there is no way to restore its strength. You can only fuse it with anything to enhance it.

But it doesn't have the attack stat?
It's powerless at the start of the game, but something happens to it for story reasons. When it's reaquired, it's got decent power (but like BotW, it's not as good as other findable weapons). It doesn't have an attack stat, but it packs a punch

It's powerless at the start of the game, but something happens to it for story reasons. When it's reaquired, it's got decent power (but like BotW, it's not as good as other findable weapons). It doesn't have an attack stat, but it packs a punch
Ok thanks!

does each region of Hyrule have enemies that fit it biomes now or we fight the same 4/5 type of enemies each time we go to a place, how is the enemy variety compared to Breath of the Wild? is signicanty better or is worse?

does each region of Hyrule have enemies that fit it biomes now or we fight the same 4/5 type of enemies each time we go to a place, how is the enemy

There is now 18 unqiue monster and handful of bosses. They dont have ton of new enemy variety but what makes enemies more varied is when they use fused items. For example I saw bokokobling using Ice Chu chu items in their shield.. If you attacked them first.. You would froze to death. One player needed to take the shield down with his bow before he could actually kill them all.

There is now 18 unqiue monster and handful of bosses. They dont have ton of new enemy variety but what makes enemies more varied is when they use fused items. For example I saw bokokobling using Ice Chu chu items in their shield.. If you attacked them first.. You would froze to death. One player needed to take the shield down with his bow before he could actually kill them all.
i see they made the enemies smarter and harder this time

I'm really curious to see what the expansion pass for this game will look like. Maybe more Sky Islands or something to do with the Guardians?

Apparently Kass hasn't been found in game yet, which is suspicious.

Consider how big this game is, with minimal load screens and still hitting 30fps for the most part. That itself is a feat
This game is honestly a feat of technical game design

Just getting a world of this size, with this many complex systems, running at a pretty solid 30 fps is kinda mind-boggling considering how many games on more powerful systems would struggle with that

if I see one more "BOTW is ubisoft Zelda" take, I'm gunna lose it

not here, but elsewhere. like how do people still not get the difference?
I understand who you are referring to and I don't understand the criticism of shrines. They are mini dungeons.

Subjectivity exists, but it has a limit, some of the criticisms make no sense to me.

Last edited:
I'm really curious to see what the expansion pass for this game will look like. Maybe more Sky Islands or something to do with the Guardians?

I've heard theres no trace of his actor in the files

I think they will add more islands in the sky, at least one new dungeon, and maybe even add a Master Sword trial like Botw.

I'm gonna assume a new dungeon and questline that has you go into the depths and one that has you go into the sky

I'm gonna assume a new dungeon and questline that has you go into the depths and one that has you go into the sky
There's not much more they can do with the depths, it's the size of the entire map. Where would they put it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Does your post contain any story spoilers? Please err on the side of caution and use spoiler tags before posting it. Failure to do so may result in being banned from the thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom