• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread (Tag Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admission of piracy is against the site rules and we do not condone such posts. For this, you have been banned for two weeks. - Totofogo, VolcanicDynamo, PixelKnight, Josh5890
Yo I know I'm kinda jumping in here. Anyone know of any good solutions for the lack of textures in the Depths? I feel like I can't navigate it at all with this glitch happening.
me too man, no textures, and no light, but plenty of stuff trying to kill me

me too man, no textures, and no light, but plenty of stuff trying to kill me
hey jsyk I believe playing the game via emulator rn is classified as piracy here (whether you have a preorder or not) and could get you a temp ban, might want to edit that, at least 2 people got the hammer yesterday

Last edited:
hey jsyk I believe playing the game via emulator rn is classified as piracy here (whether you have a preorder or not) and could get you a temp ban, might want to edit that, at least 2 people got the hammer yesterday
Edited, thanks

I know a lot of TP fans are gonna be happy about this:

1683172722354241.png
Apparently learnable special moves are back!

It also looks like champion abilities can be upgraded, but haven't seen this play out yet.

The Sage's Wills improve your Sage Abilities somehow! Haven't seen it executed yet, but here's the description for the Sage's Will item.

Sage's Will

The remnants of a former Sage's resolve. If you gather four of them and offer them to a Goddess Statue, you can deepen your connection with the Sages.

Maybe reduced cooldowns? Maybe increased magnitude?

I'm really glad that the game leaked. I wasn't going to buy it on release, but the few tidbits I read convinced me that it would be worth it and I do not feel spoiled at all.
I'm still disappointed by the comparatively small size of the sky islands, as I find the underground more claustrophobic.

Y’all playing earlier are about to feel the full force of the Regginator!

EDIT: Be wary if you open the ful tweet thread as it may well have spoilers

Last edited:
I just wish there were more concrete details in regards to performance on Switch. I'm sure it'll run fine but I'd love to have my worries erased.
The initial sky island has lots os framerate issue for some reason, but the rest of the game is running just like BotW does with the latest update. Even better in some parts.

Now that we have a log of the amount of content that's in the game, which is staggeringly high, I'm now convinced that this is Zelda "Ultimate".

What I mean by that is that it's another installment on Switch that offers a ridiculous amount of content when compared to its predecessors. We have: Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Zelda, and Smash Bros.

Their sequels are gonna be something to behold, and we still are waiting on the next 3D Mario

I just wish there were more concrete details in regards to performance on Switch. I'm sure it'll run fine but I'd love to have my worries erased.
Seems that there is more framedrops in the game overall but more apparent on the sky islands. Once you get in the ground it’s not as many but it’s in line with pre-performance batch BOTW.

I’m more interested in the resolution especially in handheld. I remember one outlet saying it was about the same as BOTW during the previews but I don’t really trust anyone on the technical analysis of a game outside of DF. I wouldn’t doubt they try to match it but I can imagine dynamic resolution of 540p upscale to 720p.

Yeah, I said I'd leave but I'm back, sue me.

Looks like a lot of stuff has come out now. Seems like this game was way bigger than I imagined at first. Really excited. Happy everyone is following the spoiler rule really well too. I've been able to avoid major spoilers while still getting to see certain things that have given me lots of hype. Is there anything we haven't seen that's been top priority?

I read this from a reddit comment. Not 100% confirmed but it makes no sense to lie about this at this point.

"Quest counter after beating the game. From anon on 4chan:"

Main Quests --> 23
Side Adventures --> 60
Shrine quests --> 31
Side Quests -->139
Memories --> 18

i have a question, I noticed people say instrumentation is more common and varied

Is it kinda like genshin (areas in Genshin have 3 or 4 songs that can occasiaunlly play but they are complete 1-3 minute songs before it goes back to silence for a bit)

I read this from a reddit comment. Not 100% confirmed but it makes no sense to lie about this at this point.

"Quest counter after beating the game. From anon on 4chan:"

Main Quests --> 23
Side Adventures --> 60
Shrine quests --> 31
Side Quests -->139
Memories --> 18
Without too much detail, what's the difference between a side quest and side adventure?

Without too much detail, what's the difference between a side quest and side adventure?

Reality is no one's played enough yet to know for sure. Presumably, Side Quests are short like BOTW's fetch/collect quests and Side Adventures are lengthy multi-layered quest lines (think Tarrey Town, but I've read a few examples that seem more meaty than that, so maybe more MM tier).

But again, we haven't seen enough to know.

Here's the screenshot of that streamer that beat the main quest. Just restates the above, not an additional spoiler.

1683198997250022.png

They beelined all the main stuff and it took them 4 days to finish the game out. At that point we see this and realize they basically didn't touch any other content in those 4 days lol.

Reality is no one's played enough yet to know for sure. Presumably, Side Quests are short like BOTW's fetch/collect quests and Side Adventures are lengthy multi-layered quest lines (think Tarrey Town, but I've read a few examples that seem more meaty than that, so maybe more MM tier).

Here's the screenshot of that streamer that beat the main quest. Just restates the above, not an additional spoiler.

1683198997250022.png

They beelined all the main stuff and it took them 4 days to finish the game out. At that point we see this and realize they basically didn't touch any other content in those 4 days lol.
Guess I should have taken another week of time off...

Since that poster hasn’t come back to the thread to clarify about the demon dragon being the final boss and post game, it could be bullshit.

Though in regards to the final boss being a dragon that could be true, since consuming a tear seems to transform the person into dragon and I would assume demon form ganondorf wouldn’t have one on his head if he had consumed it.

A bit random but has anybody beaten the boss
under hyrule castle and seen what happens after? I don't want any story spoilers but I got there ansd got to the ganon's army boss with all the gloom enemies but I only had 6 hearts and bad armour so it was hopeless, but I'm curious if that's the leadup to the final boss or if there's still a lot of things to do after

A bit random but has anybody beaten the boss
under hyrule castle and seen what happens after? I don't want any story spoilers but I got there ansd got to the ganon's army boss with all the gloom enemies but I only had 6 hearts and bad armour so it was hopeless, but I'm curious if that's the leadup to the final boss or if there's still a lot of things to do after
that is the leadup to the final boss.

I know a lot of TP fans are gonna be happy about this:

1683172722354241.png
Apparently learnable special moves are back!
I'm hoping there's a couple more of these to find honestly. This is a pretty cool reward and it would be neat if there are more lying about. We wouldn't really know about it too since the game's so goddamn big and I don't think this showed up in the datamine

1683198997250022.png

New gameplay aspect found:

aMRZTCk.jpg
Lol. Lmao. Is there any chance this game doesn't just obliterate every other open world game and become the GOAT? Wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Does your post contain any story spoilers? Please err on the side of caution and use spoiler tags before posting it. Failure to do so may result in being banned from the thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom