• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread (Tag Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there's six abilities to find. We know of the four starting ones, plus Autobuild from the previews, which leaves one more.
Is the 6th not just that weird map icon thing from the previews?

There is no reason to think that the 17th main Zelda game is going to be the first one to suddenly not have dungeons.
I think people are more curious about the structure/aesthetic/nature of dungeons than just whether they're in the game or not

Is the 6th not just that weird map icon thing from the previews?
Doubt it. Doesn't look like the Amiibo functionality counts as an arm ability, I dunno why the map would either. Plus, there's still that empty slot that we were missing in the previews.

Just hopped into that chat for a second before seeing the profile name and chat and bailing immediately, but I saw something pretty interesting. Didn't have enough time to process it or read dialogue, but unexpected (at least to me) related to character.

Looks like Rauru (or whoever the dark, mysterious new character is from the final trailer) appeared as a green spirit to communicate with Link.

I think people are more curious about the structure/aesthetic/nature of dungeons than just whether they're in the game or not

Some people are, but people phrase the question as if they may not exist.

It really feels like a form of concern trolling for people to piggyback a half-dozen different concerns about their implementation and sweep it it all under the rug.

All I need to see from this game before I dip out is whether any form of traditional dungeons (half steps or full steps) are back in any capacity. Don't need to see what they look like or any progression within them, but a simple yes or no answer would do me good ahead of launch.

I can imagine by the end of the day we will know a lot about the game. It's only a matter of time before serious stuff starts getting pushed out there. The beginning streams are just the start of it.

Lol that Trovo stream is actually the game on Switch? It dosen‘t have those shader errors from that Twitch Stream earlier. Also username, chat and that whole site are kinda trash, don‘t think I continue to watch this.

Lol that Trovo stream is actually the game on Switch? It dosen‘t have those shader errors from that Twitch Stream earlier. Also username, chat and that whole site are kinda trash, don‘t think I continue to watch this.
Not on switch, definitely being played through an emulator. Can't really determine if it'll run well on switch yet but I'm guessing it'll run as smooth or slightly smoother than BOTW. At least I hope.

Not on switch, definitely being played through an emulator. Can't really determine if it'll run well on switch yet but I'm guessing it'll run as smooth or slightly smoother than BOTW. At least I hope.
Feel like the game runs to smooth for being an emulation tbh. Also they just used amiibo

Been checking out a stream on twitch and wow, the opening portion of this game somehow exceeded my expectations
the whole portion underground with Link and Zelda interacting is everything I’ve wanted, praying for more of this at some other point in the game

Some people are, but people phrase the question as if they may not exist.

It really feels like a form of concern trolling for people to piggyback a half-dozen different concerns about their implementation and sweep it it all under the rug.

Are you having a rough day or something? I was going to ignore your snark, but i really think it's uncalled for calling me a concern troll for such an innofensive comment, I think it's pretty obvious what I meant.

Please don't engage with me this agressively for no reason anymore, I'm respectful of other members and expect the same towards me.

Been checking out a stream on twitch and wow, the opening portion of this game somehow exceeded my expectations
the whole portion underground with Link and Zelda interacting is everything I’ve wanted, praying for more of this at some other point in the game
Nice! How long is the opening portion? I don't want to watch any of it but I've heard
it's not just all cutscenes?

images

Me wanting to watch it, but at the same time wanting to avoid spoilers 😩

Are you having a rough day or something? I was going to ignore your snark, but i really think it's uncalled for calling me a concern troll for such an innofensive comment, I think it's pretty obvious what I meant.

Please don't engage with me this agressively for no reason anymore, I'm respectful of other members and expect the same towards me.
I just don't see how it is even a question. You asked some question. There's not really any basis for that speculation, IMO, and the other user came in to say what the users really mean, or something, which is usually one of tell-tale signs of being in the realm of concern trolling.

I just, cannot, for the life of me, understand why there's so much theorizing that Tears of the Kingdom is going to be the Zelda game that finally does away with dungeons. When people call out the speculation as seemingly out of left field, then other people chime in about other aspects of dungeons, rather than their existence. It's been the #1 speculation debate for the game and I simply don't get it.

On top of that, the fact that it has somehow turned into a question means everybody is going to spoil every dungeon loudly and everybody is going to know what they are well before launch, because people are going to confirm the dungeons they encounter in a fully non-linear order.

Last edited:
One thing I’m hoping which seems pretty unlikely due to what was shown in the artbook, footage so far and the fuse mechanic is that there is a new type of weapon. Like something different from the base 1 handed, spear/pole and two handed weapon base.

Nice! How long is the opening portion? I don't want to watch any of it but I've heard
it's not just all cutscenes?
Got a nice mix of cutscenes and gameplay, also sets a certain mood that I can only hope is permeated throughout the rest of the game

Unsure of the rules around sharing links etc. so apologies if this isn’t allowed, but here’s the stream I’ve been watching and it’s been pretty good so far!

Unsure of the rules around sharing links etc. so apologies if this isn’t allowed, but here’s the stream I’ve been watching and it’s been pretty good so far!

Damn that person has chat on screen as well.

Might have to just be a listen instead of watch for me.

As my interest for the game is at an all-time low considering the crafting heavy direction of it, I very much welcome those spoilers and I will avidly watch them to see if it can rekindle my motivation to buy the game.

(Not a spoiler because it's only a tech/graphical comment)
YOOOOO THE GAME HAS SCREEN SPACE REFLECTIONS!!
The cubemaps and water reflections were already a step up from BotW but looking at the floor you can clearly see Link's body reflected, and so are the fire/light casting objects.
Game looking great AF.

So they're just doing shrines again... not sure how to feel, they look very similar, even down to the optional chest that normally isn't very useful.
While I'm a big proponent of Shrines, it is mildly disappointing they didn't even change the name

I just want to know if the shrines sensor is in this game, it is missing from the preview.

So they're just doing shrines again... not sure how to feel, they look very similar, even down to the optional chest that normally isn't very useful.
Depends on how much there is to the game. If they're doing another 120+, I still want beefy dungeons and a great story. I don't think shrines are inherently bad at all, though the similar-sounding aesthetic seems disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Does your post contain any story spoilers? Please err on the side of caution and use spoiler tags before posting it. Failure to do so may result in being banned from the thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom