• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY MAN IS LOOKING SO SHARP

FsO0XIwXwAAUn0P

Weird. Why are they doing this? Doesn't Nintendo realize that some analysts on forums like this one and another one keep insisting we don't need to see anything and Nintendo is amazing for not showing us the game? Is Nintendo afraid or trying to justify the $70? I miss confident Nintendo.

Perfect, it has begun then. Glad for those who needed it, but with a little more than a month for the game's launch I won't be seeing anything, time to blackout.

Last week: "OMG FFXVI looks so damn good, GotY by far. Most hyped game of the year."

This week: "Why FFXVI should've been more BotW and less GoW."

Good reminder to not expect dungeons, towns, new environments or whatever from this.

10 minute gameplay footage tells me he'll walk us through the basics of the game like combat and crafting and the main abilities of Link like phasing, rewind and free-falling.

It's March 27th and Nintendo tweets:

Tune in 3/28 at 2 p.m PT for a world-first gameplay of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom featuring the game producer Mr. Aonuma and game director Mr. Fujibayashi. Join us in Hyrule for roughly 20 minutes of first ever gameplay footage.
Thank me later. Fujibayashi couldn't attend since he was scubadiving (his hobby).

Good god yes. I think it won’t be just ten minutes or uncut footage. It will likely be a few scenarios stitched together. A bit similar to some of the Treehouse promo videos. But we should get a way better idea of the gameplay loop and new powers either way.

Last week: "OMG FFXVI looks so damn good, GotY by far. Most hyped game of the year."

This week: "Why FFXVI should've been more BotW and less GoW."
Next week: Why FFXVI and TotK should’ve been more Tingle’s Rosey Rupeeland and less Rusty’s Real Deal Baseball.

Even if TotK is not at PAX I still believe they will show it after Bayo and before March ends. Why?

The first delay of Zelda U was announced on March 27th 2015.

The delay of TotK was announced on March 29th 2022.

Of course the game will not be delayed but Nintendo always wants to have info before the fiscal year ends (March 31st). I know, there's a difference between "our major game will be delayed" that is definitely something you want to apply before the fiscal year ends for investors but I think this also applies to more information about the game, you want to share at least something from the game before fiscal year ends to boost your confidence in it. Late March is always a time when the stars allign for a Zelda fans (well not in a good way in the last few years).
The fiscal year pattern also works like clockwork.

Good reminder to not expect dungeons, towns, new environments or whatever from this.

10 minute gameplay footage tells me he'll walk us through the basics of the game like combat and crafting and the main abilities of Link like phasing, rewind and free-falling.
Yea, we will see details of things they already hinted at or showed briefly. I do expect some new stuff, but nothing major since that will be revealed during the final trailer.

I do think they might reveal the underground areas tho.. they already showed it in the last trailer but keep acting like they didn't...

I don't need any convincing since I fully trust the team to bring out something magical, but still, it would be nice if they go serious-mode with tomorrow's footage. It's a bit of a bummer that a new installment in video games highest regarded franchise is coming out in 1 1/2 month but the mood is...pretty down across the board.

So yeah, hopefully they will convince the doubters tomorrow with whatever they'll show and we can all be hyped during the remaining pre-release phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom