• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope there’s more unannounced amiibos. The only one they’ve shown gives me “one-trick” vibes. It’s the same Link pose we’ve known about since 2019. I’m weirdly open to buying an Amiibo or two but the current offering ain’t it.

Last edited:
I really hope there’s more unannounced amiibos. The only one they’ve gives me “one-trick” vibes. It’s the same Link pose we’ve known about since 2019. I’m weirdly open to buying an Amiibo or two but the current offering ain’t it.

I think if we are getting more amiibo, the Zelda and Bosbokoblin artworks that were dropped right after the last trailer, are the frontrunners for new TotK amiibo.

I really hope there’s more unannounced amiibos. The only one they’ve gives me “one-trick” vibes. It’s the same Link pose we’ve known about since 2019. I’m weirdly open to buying an Amiibo or two but the current offering ain’t it.

I only hope Nintendo restock that amiibo because I can't find it anywhere.

This game has so much in it Nintendo just doesn’t want to spoil it. They want to keep it as magical as possible when we go to play it. And they know they can do it because the game will sell 15+ million.

I really hope there’s more unannounced amiibos. The only one they’ve shown gives me “one-trick” vibes. It’s the same Link pose we’ve known about since 2019. I’m weirdly open to buying an Amiibo or two but the current offering ain’t it.
It’s weird to me that it uses the champion tunic instead of the new outfit that we already have official art for

Talking about vehicle building... I hope I can build some kind of Da Vinci Tank (without the shell most likely, but yeah)

Da_Vinci%27s_Fighting_Vehicle_Design_Flaw_and_Dimensions.jpg

I'd definitely consider getting a TotK Zelda amiibo. Love her new look.

We got a ton of BotW amiibo, but that was back when Nintendo was pumping them out in larger quantities. I agree that the big boss bokoblin seems like a great pick for a larger, higher priced amiibo, like the Guardian amiibo. The Zonai golem would be another pick, though they haven't released official art of it (yet?).

Talking about vehicle building... I hope I can build some kind of Da Vinci Tank (without the shell most likely, but yeah)

Da_Vinci%27s_Fighting_Vehicle_Design_Flaw_and_Dimensions.jpg
The Legend of Zelda: Tanks of the Kingdom

Ganon: ‘Bwah hah hah you are no match for me!’
Zelda: ‘tell that to the Hylian 5th armoured division, I’m not messing around with magic swords and arrows any more’

It’s been one whole page now, so I need some confirmation:

Does this game allow you to explore the land of Hyrule both via land AND air?
Nintendo marketing be like:

"We have been fortunate to introduce some of the revolutionary ideas in gaming today. Today we're introducing two revolutionary means of exploring game worlds. First, a game that lets you explore the land; second, one that lets you explore the sky. Explore the land. Explore the sky. The land, the sky. You get it? This is not two games, this is ONE game! And we're calling it 'The Legend of Zelda™: Tears of the Kingdom™ game'."

I can confirm as your residential pseudo insider that more information on TOTK is coming.
A little bird told me we'll know more in the coming two months.
It’s weird to me that it uses the champion tunic instead of the new outfit that we already have official art for
Yep, it's one of the things that rub me the wrong way about TotK. Toga Link is obviously the new and GLORIOUS key look, but they keep trotting out ye olde Champions Tunic.

Oh well!

An epic adventure across the land and skies of Hyrule awaits in The Legend of Zelda™: Tears of the Kingdom for the Nintendo Switch system. The adventure is yours to create in a world fueled by your imagination.

In this sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, you’ll decide your own path through the sprawling landscapes of Hyrule and the mysterious islands floating in the vast skies above. Can you harness the power of Link’s new abilities to fight back against the malevolent forces that threaten the kingdom?

Nintendo marketing be like:

"We have been fortunate to introduce some of the revolutionary ideas in gaming today. Today we're introducing two revolutionary means of exploring game worlds. First, a game that lets you explore the land; second, one that lets you explore the sky. Explore the land. Explore the sky. The land, the sky. You get it? This is not two games, this is ONE game! And we're calling it 'The Legend of Zelda™: Tears of the Kingdom™ game'."
man, I remember this keynote.

I love these three vids where Monster Maze analyzes the three patents Nintendo filed for TotK, I just think they all have so much potential gameplaywise.

These unique abilities + vehicle (and weapon) crafting? I'm gonna have so much fun playing TotK I just know it

At this point am sure that the OLED announcement is tied to more info and it's not a separate announcement. With this timing it will probably release even later (a week before launch, opposite to other OLED models which released earlier).

At this point am sure that the OLED announcement is tied to more info and it's not a separate announcement. With this timing it will probably release even later (a week before launch, opposite to other OLED models which released earlier).

Yeah, the announcement still has to be quite soon. I think the OLED is getting announced on March 28th or 29th, with an early May release. The week after that week is the Mario movie and after that it’s getting really late for an OLED announcement relatively speaking.

Yeah, the announcement still has to be quite soon. I think the OLED is getting announced on March 28th or 29th, with an early May release. The week after that week is the Mario movie and after that it’s getting really late for an OLED announcement relatively speaking.
Yep, next week is probably no show since PAX is happening and they will start to promote it from like Tuesday. The week after that it's time, either Tuesday 28th or Wednesday 29th, I am pretty certain that it's one of those dates. Not sure if we will see trailer, probably gameplay only.

Will killing that giant in the trailer give you 27(?) cubes to use in constructions? :unsure: Or maybe just a couple that don't explode.
This cubes look very much like crafting material, yes.

I kind of hope this giant is just one form that cube thing can take and it rearranges itself randomly into other appearances also depending on how many cubes you have already destroyed.

For what is worth the game specific presentations of last year were always on Wednesday. Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3 Directs.

And these presentations are always announced 2 days in advance (opposite to normal Directs). I don't think it's a Direct but announcement on Monday 27th and OLED+gameplay reveal on Wednesday 29th feels like the most likely scenario.

For what is worth the game specific presentations of last year were always on Wednesday. Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3 Directs.

And these presentations are always announced 2 days in advance (opposite to normal Directs). I don't think it's a Direct but announcement on Monday 27th and OLED+gameplay reveal on Wednesday 29th feels like the most likely scenario.
I mean it’ll only get an announcement in advance if it is a direct, if it’s not it’ll just get shadowdropped

It’s gotta be next week. What else does Nintendo have going on now that the PAX presence is confirmed as minimal? Week after that and we’re too close to Mario movie.

It’s gotta be next week. What else does Nintendo have going on now that the PAX presence is confirmed as minimal? Week after that and we’re too close to Mario movie.
I mean PAX is happening from Thursday 23th so we can write that date off. Only possible dates are Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd (not counting Monday since at best that would be an announcement not an actual thing). To me, it just seems like if they showed something only 1-2 before PAX people would start wondering why it isn't at PAX, not to mention the media coverage that would things get 1-2 days before PAX too.

I mean PAX is happening from Thursday 23th so we can write that date off. Only possible dates are Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd (not counting Monday since at best that would be an announcement not an actual thing). To me, it just seems like if they showed something only 1-2 before PAX people would start wondering why it isn't at PAX, not to mention the media coverage that would things get 1-2 days before PAX too.
Well I would’ve expected it to be Tuesday or Wednesday anyway, and honestly with how Nintendo’s been marketing the game already, I don’t think they care if people wonder why it’s not there

Well I would’ve expected it to be Tuesday or Wednesday anyway, and honestly with how Nintendo’s been marketing the game already, I don’t think they care if people wonder why it’s not there
I would be pleasantly suprised if it's next week, either way it's the next week or week after that so not much more to wait.

Knowing how the Zelda team likes to take old ideas and improve upon them, I've been thinking about how both BotW and now TotK have a big emphasis on advanced ancient technology.

Ever since seeing the stone golem from the E3 2021 trailer, many have made the comparison between it and BotW's Guardian enemies. I think that comparison might hold more truth than we initially thought, and in a far simpler way too.

Guardian Scouts were able to store weapons in their bodies, which they then use during combat trials. The stronger the variant, the more weapons are held.

The major reward for defeating a guardian scout then was to be able to take its weapons, and to use them for yourself. I don't think this will be too dissimilar to how it works in TotK with the more robotic looking enemies. The exception here being that instead of rewarding you with a weapon you will get a weapon part instead.

Notice that on the Zonai Golem the connection point is on the exterior of the body, facing outwards. Naturally this would mean that the weapon part is in the interior, being stored away in the body much like with the guardians.

This makes a lot of sense, I think, when you consider that in order to find Zonai parts that will help you to explore the game (wheels and propellers) you need to go exploring for them. If you want Zonai parts that will help you in combat, you need to fight for them.

This also begs the question: will Zonai golems be able to have more than one weapon part stored in them? Well, looking at the precedent with what has been done in BotW I think that possibility is not too far off. They could implement this by having a wide range of different guardian type enemies, with the tougher ones possessing a greater number of components to loot.

Also, on a possibly unrelated note: here's a Peahat maybe? There's a suspiciously placed propeller on the ground that's definitely turning. It could also just be there to create updrafts on the island too though.

Ohhh I think you are right on with this assessment! The stone golems probably do house our new weapons and parts!

You know I think these parts will be permanent tools that will be usable in multiple ways. Fighting one Stone Golem gives link that Control Rod, another gives the Canon. Link can hold the Canon in an arm like the Gust Bellows and shoot magic bombs. Attaching the Control Rod to the Canon allows you to really launch the bombs a good distance.

Earn the fire breathing Dragon Head from a Golem and attach it to a shield or maybe to the underside of some flying contraption and send a fire breathing drone into a Bokoblin camp.

I'm guessing our traditional weapons like swords and spears will still be breakable while some or all of these Zonai tools will be permanent. Permanent like Shieka Slate apps but in a physical form. Maybe powered through a magic meter or dependent on some form of cool down.

Magic arm has its own abilities always usable one way or another. Zonai tools always usable but maybe powered with something consumable. All of these would basically serve the same function as the Shieka Slate and abilities like Rivali's Gale. For myself personally this would go a long way in feeling like I got a new weapon and I'm able to get attached to it and good with it.

With the Shieka Slate it was just aesthetically not very pleasing to see Link hold up an iPad to bring out a pillar of ice. Maybe now we get a Zonai Ice Rod! It doesn't do much damage to enemies but maybe supports a fight and feels like a completely separate tool with a lot of traversal utility. Plus Link holds it like a staff or any other melee weapon. Thats cooler to me.

So far Tears of the Kingdom has addressed the Magnesis portion I didn't particularly like with Link holding the giant virtual magnet. It's not specifically Magnesis but you all know what I mean. Link is just waving his hand around Mewtwo style to manipulate the world around him. It's just cooler!

I like the idea of the golem being a robot that constructs the vehicles as you decide in some sort of menu, but actually the above idea makes a lot more sense

The ToTK website was updated an hour ago, this could just be something incredibly minor but if someone sees something new that’s neat share! https://www.zelda.com/tears-of-the-kingdom/
Did they add "sounds of the kingdom section"? The video that's featured there is just a more extended from japanese website.

EDIT: Yep, they did. It was not there before. Strange to add such major section right now, I guess the info drop is really close, maybe even next week.

Did they add "sounds of the kingdom section"? The video that's featured there is just a more extended from japanese website.

EDIT: Yep, they did. It was not there before. Strange to add such major section right now, I guess the info drop is really close, maybe even next week.

Oh that's actually a cool addition! I couldn't see that video on my phone but I can see it now on desktop.

What puzzles me more is why they are taking this long to announce Totk Switch OLED. Is it really a thing?

I bet a lot of people who just upgraded toO OLED to play Totk will get frustrated when it is announced.

What puzzles me more is why they are taking this long to announce Totk Switch OLED. Is it really a thing?

I bet a lot of people who just upgraded toO OLED to play Totk will get frustrated when it is announced.
We got the Zelda Oled leak long ago, in December 2022, so people like me that want a new Switch Oled are just waiting for the official announcement since then.

The video gives us a small different angle of the sky islands we were talking about the other day as well as a split second pan through to the right which has revealed Death Star number 2.

D2-ds.jpg
I'm going to beeline for the Spheres as soon as possible

I need to know why there are Spheres

Weren't the last few game specific Directs around a month before said game's release? Could have waited a little bit on that video, Roger.

I just saw the other big sphere and was like "I had never seen it until now" but it seems like it's new so I'm reassured, lmao.

Last edited:
I'm going to beeline for the Spheres as soon as possible

I need to know why there are Spheres

I feel like if it were a room or something I think it would look more like a typical structure. So, wild idea, but maybe it's like an egg and there's a giant sky boss inside them?

If it is a building, maybe it's an observatory, like the one under the castle?
Astral-Observatory.png

Maybe observatories are where you get pieces of the sky map?

Last edited:

Weren't the last few game specific Directs around a month before said game's release? Could have waited a little bit on that video, Roger.

There have been 7 Nintendo game-specific directs a month prior to that game's release in the history of the Switch. 4 of those 7 were for Xenoblade and Splatoon.

There's no reason to expect a TotK Direct.

I dont really care much for a new trailer im just glad were less than 2 months out. Were gonna get really hyped anyways in April once it gets so close. Another trailer may just make me even more impatient lol

FOLKS, you're not gonna believe this! Aonuma just contacted me, I know what we have to do in order to see the next trailer!

8taE2Hl.png

Deleting Octopath Traveler II from my Amazon shopping cart right now
Now you've done it! Aonuma just said that he saw your comment, in a fit of rage he deleted hours of incredible playable Zelda content and replaced it with a shitty cooking mini-game.

You just had to ruin it for everyone!

Last edited:
Now you've done it! Aonume just said that he saw your comment, in a fit of rage he deleted hours of incredible playable Zelda content and replaced it with a shitty cooking mini-game.

You just had to ruin it for everyone!

I love cooking! Hope it involves some timed button presses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom