• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so ready for Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, just made my latest Tattoo just Today around the new Symbol from Tears of the kingdom.

5a930147-020d-41be-83cc-9484c87ec593.jpg
This is so good.

Obviously, who you believe said the VA lines in the trailer depends on whether you believe Ganondorf or Demise is the main villain in the story.

It definitely seems the body is Ganondorf because of the Gerudo symbols on him, the jewel on his forehead, and the fact that Malice, which spawns Ganon, flows out of him (also in the first trailer, a man is depicted riding a horse, and the man is holding a trident). The broken Master Sword releasing Demise's conscious is an interesting theory that holds some weight, but its execution might be awkward. Would Ganondorf unleash Demise from the Master Sword and ally with him or would Demise take control of Ganondorf's body? Two big villains would be cool, but there doesn't seem to be a big difference between Demise and Ganondorf so suggesting the villain is Ganondorf but then it actually being Demise doesn't seem like much of a twist.
Isn't Ganondorf more or less a reincarnation of Demise? I forget how they established all of that at the end of Skyward Sword.

Isn't Ganondorf more or less a reincarnation of Demise? I forget how they established all of that at the end of Skyward Sword.
Pretty much, I think Ganondorf is the reincarnation of Demise's hatred, specifically. After we kill Demise we seal him into the Master Sword and Fi says his residual conscious has been absorbed and sealed in the Master Sword.

Pretty much, I think Ganondorf is the reincarnation of Demise's hatred, specifically. After we kill Demise we seal him into the Master Sword and Fi says his residual conscious has been absorbed and sealed in the Master Sword.

I’m thinking that when the Master Sword gets corrupted when they’re down in that cavern, Demise is released from his imprisonment within the sword and he possesses Ganondorf’s mummified body and revives him. And that’s why we’re seeing red malice this time instead of just purple. It’s an amplified, more powerful version due to the pure hatred and evil of Demise himself being present.

I would prefer the villain be Ganondorf and never hear about Demise again. Demise is a boring manifestation of evil. BotW did a great job adding a lot of nuance to Zelda’s character. She’s realistically flawed, has understandable emotions and insecurities, but is still smart and brave. I would like Ganondorf to get that same attention on TotK.

I'm so ready for Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, just made my latest Tattoo just Today around the new Symbol from Tears of the kingdom.

This is awesome.

I'm dying to get my first tattoo but i keep chickening out. i have a master sword design that i wanna do that next time I have a little bit of disposable income I'm just going to go and get it.

I bet there's going to be a lot (relatively) of Link's magic arm tattoos on fans' right arms over the coming months. Maybe not all of it for most people, but a section of it.

Wouldn't it be better to wait until you're sure you like the game? There's only so much room on your arm after all.

Hey! Isn't that the thingy from Skyward Sword that the rewards from the Silent Realms came in?

Wouldn't it be better to wait until you're sure you like the game? There's only so much room on your arm after all.

Hey! Isn't that the thingy from Skyward Sword that the rewards from the Silent Realms came in?

You are kidding right? If i'm sure I will like the Game? :ROFLMAO:

So how do we (yes, we, the Fami hivemind) think pause is going to work in this game? For stuff like eating food and such? I always figured back when the game was Wii U exclusive that the Wii U pad was meant to display your inventory and map so you wouldn't need to pause the game at all to eat food, switch out weapons, etc. and that the only reason that idea was scrapped was that they decided to bring the game to Switch also (and they couldn't have the Wii U version of the game outshine the Switch version that way, so they added pause to both versions.)

FpMiAN6WYAA_L-O

I'm not the only one seeing Laputa in the background, right?
Seriously what is that castle like structure tho? I don’t remember that being there in BotW, is it a chunk of the castle that has fallen off? It’s over on the far right, you can just make out half of it.

Seriously what is that castle like structure tho? I don’t remember that being there in BotW, is it a chunk of the castle that has fallen off? It’s over on the far right, you can just make out half of it.
You mean on the ground? Isn't it just the ruins of castle town?

You mean on the ground? Isn't it just the ruins of castle town?
Yes in the background on the ground to the far right. It’s hard to tell from the perspective how big they are and in what state, but they look much taller to me and much more complete.

Yes in the background on the ground to the far right. It’s hard to tell from the perspective how big they are and in what state, but they look much taller to me and much more complete.
I remembered there being a lot of ruined walls and towers like that surrounding castle town and the castle itself.

Yep I think your right, it’s been awhile since I played BotW as I’m purposely trying to forget as much as possible, I just watched a quick clip on YouTube in that section and it looks like one of the main entrances with tall tower built into the wall.

Update on 'Flying enemies are Gyorgs?'

They actually have a very subtle dorsal fin that you can see poking out behind its wing parts here:
63e4c2e1a29f2-volante.jpg

If you take the MM version and combine it with the Minish Cap version it's not much of a stretch, especially the front limbs. But the legs are new..
1200px-MM3D_Gyorg-886x788.png

Those flying enemies seemed kind of formidable, at least until Link pulled out that weird arrow and took it out in one hit in the trailer. Oh well, maybe they get tougher like Bokoblins and Moblins as we get tougher.

Last edited:
While I don't mind exploring Hyrule again, I hope we don't have to explore EVERY centimeter to activate the islands in the sky. If they are triggered by those green spiral structures, I'd be a bit disappointed if there are 120 to find on the ground.
The main point of BoTW was : You see this mountain ? You can climb it. If you have to activate certain structures to spawn the islands in the sky then id would go against Botw's philosophy imo.

Those flying enemies seemed kind of formidable, at least until Link pulled out that weird arrow and took it out in one hit in the trailer. Oh well, maybe they get tougher like Bokoblins and Moblins as we get tougher.
I mean, it could've also been for the trailer. Or he had work down the enemy a bit first.

Or that arrow does extra damage with that arrowhead.

I mean, it could've also been for the trailer. Or he had work down the enemy a bit first.

Or that arrow does extra damage with that arrowhead.

You also hear the "head shot" sound so it did double damage. Maybe he was also using a good bow, although that's doubtful since I think they only showed early game equipment in the trailers for BoTW. And you're right, he could've worked the enemy down a bit.

What if in order to restore the Master Sword we need to travel to the homes of the 3 dragons? (Kind of like in Skyward Sword). They're definitely gonna make an appearance again since it has been shown that they enter the 'sky realm' in BoTW, and of course, we now have access to that.

The reason I bring this up is because I've noticed that we've been shown 2 different cyclones that are oddly enough themed around the 3 major elements of Hyrule and thus the 3 dragons (a cold cyclone above Hebra, a stormy cyclone above Faron, and possibly an ashen cyclone above Death Mountain?).

We haven't seen a 3rd cyclone yet, but I don't think it matters much considering in some shots neither of the existing ones make an appearance. I'm gonna attribute that to some trailer trickery.

Either way, if something like this were true, then perhaps these cyclones are a way to telegraph where exactly you need to ascend in order to reach the dragons.

What if in order to restore the Master Sword we need to travel to the homes of the 3 dragons? (Kind of like in Skyward Sword). They're definitely gonna make an appearance again since it has been shown that they enter the 'sky realm' in BoTW, and of course, we now have access to that.

The reason I bring this up is because I've noticed that we've been shown 2 different cyclones that are oddly enough themed around the 3 major elements of Hyrule and thus the 3 dragons (a cold cyclone above Hebra, a stormy cyclone above Faron, and possibly an ashen cyclone above Death Mountain?).

We haven't seen a 3rd cyclone yet, but I don't think it matters much considering in some shots neither of the existing ones make an appearance. I'm gonna attribute that to some trailer trickery.

Either way, if something like this were true, then perhaps these cyclones are a way to telegraph where exactly you need to ascend in order to reach the dragons.

I like this idea we could either be transported through the storms to their realm if it was different or they actually have a starting and stopping point residing in the storm itself. Although with last one it may have to be a mixture of ashen/ Malice now that death mountain spews Malice. And now that you bring it up, I’m curious if the dragons will even have a similar flight path, perhaps Ganondorf purposely placed these storms in the line of their flight path to disrupt them or keep them from assisting Link.

AAOQEOSNBGmOY0izOmhZj5vQi_TFycwJie6TBTH0oUOPEO7Uj6dSIKPRiAwuEiV8j3PnsIiOGgAiTGnKgWhCz50DyUplntfadA=w1280-h960

On a different note, looking at these islands hidden in these dark storm clouds, I can just imagine what it’s going to feel like skydiving from above and through them in complete white out conditions and blinding lightening going off right next to you. And then one of the smaller chunks of island appear out of nowhere and you have no time to react, taking full damage as you slam into an upper one and then rag doll pinball style off of all the rest as you fall to your death.

What are some good Tears of the kingdom videos for The lastet trailer?

Gonna have some down Time later and will like to see some but no clue what are good Zelda content creators.

We all complained about fishing in BotW, correct? I know there are creative ways to do it (bombs, arrows, literally catching them with your hands) but none of them are as engrossing as OoT fishing. I need a good fishing game minigame in TotK dammit

What are some good Tears of the kingdom videos for The lastet trailer?

Gonna have some down Time later and will like to see some but no clue what are good Zelda content creators.
Here are some good videos to watch, I put them in spoilers so they don't take up too much space.

Ever since BotW, I always fantasize about being able to ride a Lynel around Hyrule for some reason. Like a special Lynel you can gain the trust of somehow and then ride him around lol. Lynels seem intelligent enough to be able to make a sort-of NPC tribe out of, kind of like the Deku Scrubs in the N64 games, which were enemies but also sold you things and had their own community in MM.

Also I want to ride a dragon.

We all complained about fishing in BotW, correct? I know there are creative ways to do it (bombs, arrows, literally catching them with your hands) but none of them are as engrossing as OoT fishing. I need a good fishing game minigame in TotK dammit
I want this as well. Ideally it should be like TP where you can fish anywhere, but we also need a proper fishing pond area, with its own chill music. There's plenty of ponds in BOTWs Hyrule they can repurpose too.

I want this as well. Ideally it should be like TP where you can fish anywhere, but we also need a proper fishing pond area, with its own chill music. There's plenty of ponds in BOTWs Hyrule they can repurpose too.

This is the type of thing I would just love to be post-game. You finish the game and you personally get to contribute to the rebuilding of a now peaceful Hyrule and can just relax and do things like play games with NPCs, do some farming & fishing, etc. If there’s one thing Zelda has never done, it’s having some meaningful post-game stuff to do, or anything at all for that matter. I hope TotK changes that.

Right. Fishing with a rod is about the experience, it's about taking your time. It's really nice to just take a moment and enjoy the environment that way.

The 2nd official trailer of BOTW was released on Dec. 2, 2016.

A month and ten days later, the 3rd official trailer dropped, which featured Zelda's face reveal, never before seen towns, a glimpse of emotional story beats, a bunch of side characters, and puzzles inside divine beasts. It's a masterpiece of game trailer indeed.

If Nintendo continues to follow this pattern, the 3rd official trailer of TOTK should be released in late March or early April. I expect that following content will be featured:
a. Ganondorf's human form reveal (teased in 2nd trailer with voice acting)
b. Link's aerial combat scene (the only patent never shown in the trailer)
c. weapon-attached vehicles actually utilized in epic combat, revealing some overworld bosses
d. more side characters other than just Link, Zelda, and Gonondorf
e. a glimpse of emotional story beats
f. the big reveal of the trailer, an entire underground world to explore, with dungeons coming back

I firmly believe Nintendo is cooking another masterpiece of game trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom