• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that 'Tears of the Kingdom' is also the Japanese title of the game. ゼルダの伝説 ティアーズ オブ ザ キングダム "Zeruda no Densetsu: Tiāzu obu za Kingudamu".

Replaying OoT atm and the Forest Temple is still a top tier dungeon both in design and atmosphere. Easily a Top 3 dungeon for me with Ancient Cistern and the Sandship.

Really would love some old, forgotten temples/dungeons in TotK.

Bring back Dead Hand.

Do it, Nintendo.

But keep the aiming controls in the past where they belong.

I just did the shooting gallery today. The scourge of gyro-less aiming must be buried in the deepest hole we can find so it can't hurt anyone ever again.

Underwater exploration would be cool as long as they clearly restrict it to certain areas, like in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. It would be a huge pain in the ass to have to check every single body of water to see if there is some sort of secret hidden below. But as long as Lake Hylia has some cool stuff in it like Twilight Princess, I'm happy.

Iron Knuckles and Aeralfos in TotK please Nintendo.

If any Nintendo staff are reading this, please pass this on to the Zelda team, they should still have a few months to implement them if they havent yet. Thank you.

If TotK has as much sky stuff as it looks to have, Aeralfos gotta come back.

I think it’s a given we are getting underwater exploration because I don’t think Nintendo wants to use the same Runes or abilities which means magnesis is gone which was the only way we could retrieve anything from underneath the water. And give me a spear gun to use that functions like the bow while we are on the topic instead of some crazy awkward underwater spin move to attack with please.

Last edited:
But keep the aiming controls in the past where they belong.

I just did the shooting gallery today. The scourge of gyro-less aiming must be buried in the deepest hole we can find so it can't hurt anyone ever again.

Should always be optional, not forced. I don’t like it.

What will be the prerequisite for rewinding time on something? We saw Link rewinding the stone to carry him upwards, but what specifically about that stone would tell the gamer they could rewind it?

What will be the prerequisite for rewinding time on something? We saw Link rewinding the stone to carry him upwards, but what specifically about that stone would tell the gamer they could rewind it?
I think it'd be similar to the runes, right? Push the button to start the aiming and it'll highlight the stuff that the skill can be used on.

I think it's anything that's moved from its initial position.

So in that scene, will we assume we witness the stone falling down?

I think it'd be similar to the runes, right? Push the button to start the aiming and it'll highlight the stuff that the skill can be used on.

There has to be some sensible logic to help you conclude something can be rewound in the area tho. For magnesis you’re looking for metal. For cryonis it was bodies of water. For stasis it was a little fuzzier, but amounted to non fixed objects, eventually including monsters.

I wish you could lock on to stuff when aiming your runes. Having to aim magnesis or stasis to hit a tiny or far away object is so annoying. If they were going for adding some skill or something with the aiming, I don't really see it that way. It's more just a pain. I mean, you can lock on when aiming your bow, why not do the same with the runes?

There has to be some sensible logic to help you conclude something can be rewound in the area tho. For magnesis you’re looking for metal. For cryonis it was bodies of water. For stasis it was a little fuzzier, but amounted to non fixed objects, eventually including monsters.
Oooooh I see what you mean. Yeah, then.. my idea might not be it.

So in that scene, will we assume we witness the stone falling down?

The pieces in Hyrule field we see strewn about in the second trailer, seem like they would pretty easy to predict they could be reversed and had fallen since they look out of place. I see your point because the one from third trailer Link rides up seems harder to spot, except the ridges on the side of the stone match that of the box cover art just below where link is crouching. It also has a very unusual shape being square with another flat stone attached to it. It kind of reminds me of all the other flat stones in the Faron region that you could attach Octorok balloons to, which made them float to get to either a chest or something underneath them. I always felt they were so out of place being large flat rocks and didn’t make a lot of sense other than being an obvious choice to use the balloons on.

The pieces in Hyrule field we see strewn about in the second trailer, seem like they would pretty easy to predict they could be reversed and had fallen since they look out of place. I see your point because the one from third trailer Link rides up seems harder to spot, except the ridges on the side of the stone match that of the box cover art just below where link is crouching. It also has a very unusual shape being square with another flat stone attached to it. It kind of reminds me of all the other flat stones in the Faron region that you could attach Octorok balloons to, which made them float to get to either a chest or something underneath them. I always felt they were so out of place being large flat rocks and didn’t make a lot of sense other than being an obvious choice to use the balloons on.

It could be the case that even if we don’t see these objects fall each time, we do see them fall at least once, and their design and impact on the environment is distinct enough that we know to check when we were something similar again.

Edit: Seeing floating islands at lower elevations would also be somewhat of a prompt, but still involves hunting around a bit

It could be the case that even if we don’t see these objects fall each time, we do see them fall at least once, and their design and impact on the environment is distinct enough that we know to check when we were something similar again.

Edit: Seeing floating islands at lower elevations would also be somewhat of a prompt, but still involves hunting around a bit
I could see being on an island above and noticing you need a piece of a bridge or building and then skydiving directly below and searching that way. Hopefully Nintendo doesn’t come up with the brilliant idea of having an annoying chirping sound go off when you get close to one of the pieces or better yet use motion controls with links sword and have us dowsing with master sword like in Skyward sword.

I could see being on an island above and noticing you need a piece of a bridge or building and then skydiving directly below and searching that way. Hopefully Nintendo doesn’t come up with the brilliant idea of having an annoying chirping sound go off when you get close to one of the pieces or better yet use motion controls with links sword and have us dowsing with master sword like in Skyward sword.

Hide this post now. Please. They might see it

I rewatched the first ever TotK trailer a little while ago and I think my thoughts on the underground being the home turf of Demise actually has weight to it. If you look in the trailer, there’s actually old ruins that Link and Zelda are traversing to get to the corpse. I believe that could be the ruins of what used to be, imo, Demise’s castle. He would have his own castle underground right? Lol And it seems that malice is flowing out from where the corpse is.

So here’s my thinking: sometime following the defeat of Calamity Ganon in BotW, malice starts to flow into Hyrule again. So Link and Zelda decide to find the source of the malice. This leads them to the underground which turned out to be an entire kingdom of its own (Demise’s Kingdom). Their journey leads them to the source, which is the corpse they come across. Personally, I believe it to be the very body of Demise himself (notice the very long, flowing hair that is more similar to Demise than Ganondorf?). Regardless of the identity, that corpse is the source of the malice.

At this point, something happens that results in Demise/Ganondorf being resurrected. Upon his resurrection, the full might of his malice is unleashed and causes catastrophe on The Surface (Hyrule). Hyrule Castle gets engulfed with malice and literally torn apart from its foundation; Death Mountain is now flowing with malice instead of lava; and a number of other things effecting each of the 8 Regions of Hyrule.

So the primary mission of the game is to rid the world of Demise/Ganondorf’s malice forever. This will be done in two ways. First, by discovering hidden caves, passages, fissures in the earth, etc. that will lead to mini-dungeons of sorts underground in Demise’s Realm. These will basically be this game’s version of the Sheikah Shrines. Beating these will rid the world of some malice and possibly give the player whatever the equivalent in this game will be to the Spirit Orbs. And second, by beating the real, traditional-Zelda dungeons. One is probably beneath Death Mountain that will rid Death Mountain of malice and also reward the player with one of the Tears.

I’ve seen some people ask: “Will we be able to just go straight to the end and fight the final boss again right from the beginning?” I believe so, yes. But in BotW, if you chose to beat the Divine Beasts first, it would make the battle against Calamity Ganon significantly easier, right? Well, in this game, I believe that the strength of Demise/Ganondorf is tied to the malice itself and how strong he is will be determined by how much malice is still in the world. So the more malice you have destroyed in Hyrule, the weaker he will be when you choose to fight him.

Now I’m going to go a slightly off the rails here for this part, but hear me out! Lol I think by destroying the malice for good, this will completely abolish Demise and his hatred into literally nothing. He will no longer exist… at all. So no more resurrections, no more reincarnations, nothing. This effectively brings Hyrule to peace and free of Demise/Ganondorf forever. However, this also has another profound effect: no more resurrections, no more reincarnations, no more anything for Link or Zelda either. As evil has now been vanquished from the world, there is no longer a need for the goddess Hylia to be reborn in the world and no need for Link to be reborn to save it. Thus the cycle of Life, Death, and Reincarnation effectively ends. So this would essentially be the last Link, Zelda, and Demise/Ganondorf of this particular timeline (whichever timeline it falls on).

fair enough, but didn't have to be.

i still dream of a version of the game that didn't end up like a camp saturday morning cartoon with a happy ending, instead actually leaning into the tragedy
Why would a genre based around mowing down hundreds of people at a time end in tragedy?
I mean, looking back, it probably should have been obvious to me that it wouldn't. But that's what I REALLY wanted it to do, I'm with Karmitt. I remember talking about the game early on, and since they kept the whole non-canon part of it secret, we kind of assumed it would be a canon retelling of the events of 100 years ago BOTW - and I let myself imagine what that'd be like. I was picturing having missions where you slowly but surely fail, more and more, as everyone dies around you, until you finally get to the final battle in the big field and you have the moment of the final memory of BOTW happen - a huge tragedy, but ending in a glimmer of hope as Link goes to sleep - and man, that would have been SO cool. But no. Instead we got... what we got.

I'm over it now, but man I can't help thinking about what could have been.

I mean, looking back, it probably should have been obvious to me that it wouldn't. But that's what I REALLY wanted it to do, I'm with Karmitt. I remember talking about the game early on, and since they kept the whole non-canon part of it secret, we kind of assumed it would be a canon retelling of the events of 100 years ago BOTW - and I let myself imagine what that'd be like. I was picturing having missions where you slowly but surely fail, more and more, as everyone dies around you, until you finally get to the final battle in the big field and you have the moment of the final memory of BOTW happen - a huge tragedy, but ending in a glimmer of hope as Link goes to sleep - and man, that would have been SO cool. But no. Instead we got... what we got.

You just described what I expected and wanted.

That would be really hard to pull off in a video game about mowing down hundreds of enemies at once. Maybe in a different gameplay style?

I rewatched the first ever TotK trailer a little while ago and I think my thoughts on the underground being the home turf of Demise actually has weight to it. If you look in the trailer, there’s actually old ruins that Link and Zelda are traversing to get to the corpse. I believe that could be the ruins of what used to be, imo, Demise’s castle. He would have his own castle underground right? Lol And it seems that malice is flowing out from where the corpse is.

So here’s my thinking: sometime following the defeat of Calamity Ganon in BotW, malice starts to flow into Hyrule again. So Link and Zelda decide to find the source of the malice. This leads them to the underground which turned out to be an entire kingdom of its own (Demise’s Kingdom). Their journey leads them to the source, which is the corpse they come across. Personally, I believe it to be the very body of Demise himself (notice the very long, flowing hair that is more similar to Demise than Ganondorf?). Regardless of the identity, that corpse is the source of the malice.

At this point, something happens that results in Demise/Ganondorf being resurrected. Upon his resurrection, the full might of his malice is unleashed and causes catastrophe on The Surface (Hyrule). Hyrule Castle gets engulfed with malice and literally torn apart from its foundation; Death Mountain is now flowing with malice instead of lava; and a number of other things effecting each of the 8 Regions of Hyrule.

So the primary mission of the game is to rid the world of Demise/Ganondorf’s malice forever. This will be done in two ways. First, by discovering hidden caves, passages, fissures in the earth, etc. that will lead to mini-dungeons of sorts underground in Demise’s Realm. These will basically be this game’s version of the Sheikah Shrines. Beating these will rid the world of some malice and possibly give the player whatever the equivalent in this game will be to the Spirit Orbs. And second, by beating the real, traditional-Zelda dungeons. One is probably beneath Death Mountain that will rid Death Mountain of malice and also reward the player with one of the Tears.

I’ve seen some people ask: “Will we be able to just go straight to the end and fight the final boss again right from the beginning?” I believe so, yes. But in BotW, if you chose to beat the Divine Beasts first, it would make the battle against Calamity Ganon significantly easier, right? Well, in this game, I believe that the strength of Demise/Ganondorf is tied to the malice itself and how strong he is will be determined by how much malice is still in the world. So the more malice you have destroyed in Hyrule, the weaker he will be when you choose to fight him.

Now I’m going to go a slightly off the rails here for this part, but hear me out! Lol I think by destroying the malice for good, this will completely abolish Demise and his hatred into literally nothing. He will no longer exist… at all. So no more resurrections, no more reincarnations, nothing. This effectively brings Hyrule to peace and free of Demise/Ganondorf forever. However, this also has another profound effect: no more resurrections, no more reincarnations, no more anything for Link or Zelda either. As evil has now been vanquished from the world, there is no longer a need for the goddess Hylia to be reborn in the world and no need for Link to be reborn to save it. Thus the cycle of Life, Death, and Reincarnation effectively ends. So this would essentially be the last Link, Zelda, and Demise/Ganondorf of this particular timeline (whichever timeline it falls on).
There's a lot of people who think that the corpse could be Demise, but I simply don't see any evidence of it apart from the long hair (and even then, Demise's hair is basically on fire, so it's not that similar). The corpse simply looks like Ganondorf, and it has a lot of Gerudo imagery in it's clothing and jewelry. Also, it just makes too much sense for Calamity Ganon to be a manifestation of Ganondorf's malice.

I do agree that ridding the world of malice could be a key part of the gameplay loop, although it's strange that we still haven't seen much of it outside of Death Mountain and Hyrule Castle.

It being Demise also wouldn't really make sense lore wise? Demise is pretty much one of the few Zelda anatagonists who is truely dead at this point. His body wasn't sealed away or anything like that. His hatred reincarnated in Ganondorf, he died, the last reminds of him were decaying sealed away in the Master Sword himself. There is no reason for his body to be sealed away below the castle.

It’s definitely Ganondorf. It’s the thing I’m most intrigued by. The circumstances behind this “sealing”. Is Calamity Ganon almost an unintended side effect of this seal? His malice builds to a breaking point every so many years that erupts as an evil, disembodied spirit? I really hope this version of Ganondorf is an actual character by the end. Reformed in a body, with agency and personality. Calamity Ganon is cool as an elemental force but I would love for Gdorf to rejoin the series. I wouldn’t even be mad if we don’t defeat him for good at the end. Keep him around a while.

It is crazy that the last confrontation we had with Ganondorf was in Twilight Princess.... 16 years ago.

Honestly this fact alone is really hyping me up.

My biggest fear regarding the possibility of going straight to fight Ganondorf right from the beginning is the corruption of the Master Sword. Given its historical importance (The Sword that Seals the Darkness and so on and so on), and given that in basically every Zelda game it has been absolutely essential to defeat Ganondorf, being the only sword that can effectively kill him in quite a lot of games, the corruption of the sword points me more toward a more closed or linear path, not being able to fly to Ganondorf whenever one feels it.

That said, I think there are two points against this:

a) Just in the last game, BOTW, the Master Sword wasn't even a required item, and one could defeat Calamity Ganon without it. However, even though that probes that Nintendo is happy to not require the sword for every alternate form of Ganon, that doesn't necessarily mean the same applies to Ganondorf - quite on the contrary, that may (or may not) probe that, in order to really defeat Ganondorf, the Blade of Evil's Bane is a must have.

b) Past restrictions aside... like, c'mon, that was one of the most celebrated points of BOTW. Go whenever you want, fight whomever you want. Zelda team is widely regarded as a group that carefully listents to fan's feedback and improves upon that, and this is one of the most cherished things in their last game, the one that, you know, wanted to break Zelda conventions... one of which is the requirement of acquiring the Master Sword.

Personally, I think this last point may be sufficient enough for making me believe that, in fact, we are gonna be able to beat the game in less than an hour... but I must admit that some fears will remain until the game is out or this is answered somehow previously.

My biggest fear regarding the possibility of going straight to fight Ganondorf right from the beginning is the corruption of the Master Sword. Given its historical importance (The Sword that Seals the Darkness and so on and so on), and given that in basically every Zelda game it has been absolutely essential to defeat Ganondorf, being the only sword that can effectively kill him in quite a lot of games, the corruption of the sword points me more toward a more closed or linear path, not being able to fly to Ganondorf whenever one feels it.

That said, I think there are two points against this:

a) Just in the last game, BOTW, the Master Sword wasn't even a required item, and one could defeat Calamity Ganon without it. However, even though that probes that Nintendo is happy to not require the sword for every alternate form of Ganon, that doesn't necessarily mean the same applies to Ganondorf - quite on the contrary, that may (or may not) probe that, in order to really defeat Ganondorf, the Blade of Evil's Bane is a must have.

b) Past restrictions aside... like, c'mon, that was one of the most celebrated points of BOTW. Go whenever you want, fight whomever you want. Zelda team is widely regarded as a group that carefully listents to fan's feedback and improves upon that, and this is one of the most cherished things in their last game, the one that, you know, wanted to break Zelda conventions... one of which is the requirement of acquiring the Master Sword.

Personally, I think this last point may be sufficient enough for making me believe that, in fact, we are gonna be able to beat the game in less than an hour... but I must admit that some fears will remain until the game is out or this is answered somehow previously.
Your post got me thinking. Most people have kind of been assuming that reforging the Master Sword will be the main focus of the game, and you might need to traverse 7 dungeons to rebuild it completely. However, the Master Sword is usually acquired about half way through a Zelda game, even in BotW. So what if you only need to complete 3 initial dungeons to reforge the sword, and then the last 7 dungeons are related to Tears in some way? That way, you only need to complete 3 dungeons to finish the game. Having 3 mandatory dungeons would be a great way to funnel important items/abilities towards the player, and could provide a good midpoint of the game for an event that would drastically alter the world.

Given that the sky seems to be the focus of the game, I really hope that we can go way way way high up in the sky, higher than anything we can imagine. That along with some cave and underground exploration, and I'm good. I also trust the team to make traversing between the sky islands a fun activity itself. Imagine fighting some unique monster when you're high up in the sky, surrounded by cloud/thundercloud. Like the saying, the sky is the limit!(ok, maybe I'm expecting too much here, but I'm hype!)

Given that the sky seems to be the focus of the game, I really hope that we can go way way way high up in the sky, higher than anything we can imagine. That along with some cave and underground exploration, and I'm good. I also trust the team to make traversing between the sky islands a fun activity itself. Imagine fighting some unique monster when you're high up in the sky, surrounded by cloud/thundercloud. Like the saying, the sky is the limit!(ok, maybe I'm expecting too much here, but I'm hype!)

I'm super excited about how high we will go, from the latest trailer to go by, it looked like it was so high up, that it would take, like, 20, 30, 40 seconds to land on the surface, and you pass by numerous islands on your way down. That's nuts.

Its crazy that they still showed so little during the title reveal. But I suppose we can chalk that up to covid. I feel like we knew a lot more about breath of the wild this amount of time out than we know about tears of the kingdom

Its crazy that they still showed so little during the title reveal. But I suppose we can chalk that up to covid.

You can also chalk that up to it being the sequel to BOTW, imo. They ain't gotta sell us on the premise, we've been sold for 5 years.

Do you think we'll see new races appear apart from the Zonai?
And since we're going underground, could we see the return of the Mogma?
images

images

It was interesting to me at first that they picked the Rito for BotW instead of, say, Kokiri. But playing the game, and see how they tied into the wind mechanics and theme, it made a ton of sense.

I'm not sure about Mogma or Kikwi or whatever the water folks were called in SS - those feels like one and done deals, as the vibe in SS was the "new, uncharted land". TotK, like BotW before it, is very based on Hyrule and its mythos.

Then again, Minish were on the table for BotW. So who knows, really.

Last edited:
images
I'd love some new races. Zora & Goron are nearing "played out" in my book - Rito was alright and would make a lot of sense to have presence in TotK.

How about a race of little worker robots like in Skyward Sword? Those guys were super charming. Mogma would make a lot of sense too.

if the underground does end up being a thing, i don't see why mogma wouldn't be a potential candidate for native race

but that's still a pretty big if at this point

It was interesting to me at first that they picked the Rito for BotW instead of, say, Kokiri. But playing the game, and see how they tied into the wind mechanics and theme, it made a ton of sense.
I don't have time to dig and find sources, and I hate to say "just trust me," but the Kokiri actually were in BotW up to a pretty late stage. The "Forest Dweller" set of items in the game were originally Kokiri until they decided to set up an easter egg hunt and picked Koroks for it.

(It's one of my defenses when people insist the game has to take place after WindWaker because of the presense of Koroks, that they were actually a late-in-development addition for gameplay purposes and are therefore not indicative of timeline placement)

I'm super excited about how high we will go, from the latest trailer to go by, it looked like it was so high up, that it would take, like, 20, 30, 40 seconds to land on the surface, and you pass by numerous islands on your way down. That's nuts.
That's what I was thinking too! If we're indeed going to constantly free fall ourselves from the sky to the ground below, find a way to go up, and then repeat the process, I expect some interesting gameplay and mechanics to prevent players from getting bored. Maybe the sky will be an entire new world on its own where we can explore for as long as we want with the option to drop back into the ground at anytime. Either way, I firmly believe Nintendo haven't shown us anything of the world(s) they have been building.

I don't have time to dig and find sources, and I hate to say "just trust me," but the Kokiri actually were in BotW up to a pretty late stage. The "Forest Dweller" set of items in the game were originally Kokiri until they decided to set up an easter egg hunt and picked Koroks for it.
Yeah they had concepts for Kokiri and Shiekah Champions, I didn't draw the connection between the Forest Dweller weapons, but that makes sense.

BOTW_Rough_Sketches_Champions-2048x707.jpg

(It's one of my defenses when people insist the game has to take place after WindWaker because of the presense of Koroks, that they were actually a late-in-development addition for gameplay purposes and are therefore not indicative of timeline placement)

Post Wind Waker never made sense to me because Spirit Tracks took place in New Hyrule, and BotW is evidently Old Hyrule, with ruins and landmarks from SS, OoT, and TP. Unless such reasoning involves Old Hyrule being 'unflooded' and people returning there, which feels... eh.

That's what I was thinking too! If we're indeed going to constantly free fall ourselves from the sky to the ground below, find a way to go up, and then repeat the process, I expect some interesting gameplay and mechanics to prevent players from getting bored. Maybe the sky will be an entire new world on its own where we can explore for as long as we want with the option to drop back into the ground at anytime. Either way, I firmly believe Nintendo haven't shown us anything of the world(s) they have been building.

Aonuma talked once about the loop in BotW, being "climb up a mountain, see a valley, paraglide down, walk up a mountain, see a valley..." rinse and repeat.

I imagine the corresponding loop for TotK is, like.. see an island across you, paraglide down underneath it, phase up through it, see an island below you, skydive down, see an island above you, phase up through it... repeat.

I hope that the phasing isn't just like in trailer 2, going through a piece of land and emerge.. I want to phase through ground and be able to fly up like a rocket a few feet, enough to enter slow-mo with the bow.

The game could have two endings based on whether you defeat Ganondorf using the fully restored Master Sword or not. Kind of like a "true ending" type of thing.

The game could have two endings based on whether you defeat Ganondorf using the fully restored Master Sword or not. Kind of like a "true ending" type of thing.
Yeah! They add (with an awkward cut admittedly) a short shot of Link drawing and igniting the Master Sword in the beginning of the battle with Calamity Ganon if you got it, so I could totally see them taking it an extra step and having a slightly different ending scene if you beat Ganondorf with vs without it.

I've seen people mention that you can't see the Deku Tree in the map anymore. That's actually meaningless because the Deku Tree was absent in most of the BotW trailers too.

My guess is they were purposely hiding it then for whatever reason.

And the reason why they might be hiding it now is because the tree is going to look different.

How much you want to bet that the Korok forest is now going to be dead and the Deku Tree is now dry, all branches and no leaves?

I've seen people mention that you can't see the Deku Tree in the map anymore. That's actually meaningless because the Deku Tree was absent in most of the BotW trailers too.

My guess is they were purposely hiding it then for whatever reason.

And the reason why they might be hiding it now is because the tree is going to look different.

How much you want to bet that the Korok forest is now going to be dead and the Deku Tree is now dry, all branches and no leaves?

We never saw the Deku Tree until the final BOTW trailer, but that's just because Nintendo decided not to show it. There's some TotK footage where it clearly should have been possible to see the Deku Tree and the Lost Woods but it's just not there, it's completely gone. Either it was destroyed by Ganondorf, or it was raised to the sky with other parts of Hyrule.

We never saw the Deku Tree until the final BOTW trailer, but that's just because Nintendo decided not to show it. There's some TotK footage where it clearly should have been possible to see the Deku Tree and the Lost Woods but it's just not there, it's completely gone. Either it was destroyed by Ganondorf, or it was raised to the sky with other parts of Hyrule.

Not gonna lie, the image of the Deku Tree being in the skies yelling "Someone help please, i'm afraid of heights!" has some insanely funny side to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom