• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Switch 2 devkits information from Im A Hero Too - backward compatibility, camera sensor, new cartridge format, Atlus/Sega and Square support

Super mario sunshine is really good.
It has a lot of stupid flaws (some blue coins being exclusive in some missions, too many blue coins in generals, linear and bad progression system, too many red coins padding shine, 2 really bad bonus stage, yoshi sucks, only 7 main levels with too many shines, Corona mountain is bad) but I've also beaten the game 100% 5 times, the core gameplay and the level design is amazing and it has an amazing atmosphere.
It's a 3d Mario game in the end, all 3d Mario are amazing.

It could maybe be a average good game if it wasn't called mario but with some other new character.
The level design, the music is just way off of what quality mario game should be. Even the last boss is really that bad in sunshine. Compare this to the magic of mario galaxy. The level design, the epic music. That's what I want for a mario game.

While mario odyssey is still more of a mario game compared to sunshine, I still hope they will work on a galaxy 3 game.

Super mario sunshine is really good.
It has a lot of stupid flaws (some blue coins being exclusive in some missions, too many blue coins in generals, linear and bad progression system, too many red coins padding shine, 2 really bad bonus stage, yoshi sucks, only 7 main levels with too many shines, Corona mountain is bad) but I've also beaten the game 100% 5 times, the core gameplay and the level design is amazing and it has an amazing atmosphere.
It's a 3d Mario game in the end, all 3d Mario are amazing.

I think it’s the worst big game Nintendo have ever made.

Sunshine is ragged on as much as it is because it's a 3D Mario. It has flaws that I will happily dunk on it for, but there's still a lot of good in the game. It's an 8/10 in a series of 10/10's, which by comparison is terrible, but still great in the wider sea of things.

This is the strangest thread derail.

“Hot new Switch 2 rumors!”

“Ok, but what about overrated Mario games?”

Can't wait to see a new Monolith Soft game running on it.

15716.gif

If a FFVII remake port is possible for Switch 2, can Final Fantasy XVI and FFVII rebirth also eventually be ported to the Switch 2? If so this could finally be the time when a Nintendo console is able to get most new Square Enix games once again for the first time since the SNES era.

I think regadless of the veracity of this leak/leaker, FFVVIIR will be able to run on Switch NG
The real question is if SE wants to port it to the platform.

I think regadless of the veracity of this leak/leaker, FFVVIIR will be able to run on Switch NG
The real question is if SE wants to port it to the platform.
considering SE isn't Bandai Namco or Atlus, that answer leans more heavily to "yes" than "no". SE has been a great supporter for Switch, cloud KH aside

I see a lot of people on Era questioning this person. It seems like this “Hero” isn’t as reliable as made out to be what I can gather from over there.

Considering Square got Nier Automata running on Switch, I imagine they could contract Virtuos again to work on a FF7R port for Switch and next-gen imo; Nier Automata ran better on Switch than it did on PC at launch.
I don't really see them making the effort to get FF7R running on the Switch. It'd be a very taxing game on that hardware. However, given the rumored specs, it'd run really easy on the Switch successor. Plus, SE have supported the switch with lots of ports and exclusives, so I can see them doing it. The real question is whether they'll be able to follow it up with a Rebirth port, as that seems like a much more demanding game.

I see a lot of people on Era questioning this person. It seems like this “Hero” isn’t as reliable as made out to be what I can gather from over there.
Well, the original leaker was very accurate, iirc they predicted all of the Atlus stuff correctly and in a very detailed manner. The question here is whether the person going by "Hero" on Reddit it the same that made the original leaks, or another impersonator.

I would not rule out the possibility that part of the information is correct, although there may be some specific information that could be wrong (either because of the game of the phone or because the source has made a mistake in something specific).
It could also be the case that people are taking it a little too literally. Would FFVIIR look exactly the same as it would on PS5? Probably not. Could it look clean, crisp and smooth enough to be comparable at a glance? Sure, especially if they only saw it in handheld mode or are just relaying someone else's impressions.

It could also be the case that people are taking it a little too literally. Would FFVIIR look exactly the same as it would on PS5? Probably not. Could it look clean, crisp and smooth enough to be comparable at a glance? Sure, especially if they only saw it in handheld mode or are just relaying someone else's impressions.
That part doesn't seem crazy to me either since FF7R on SteamDeck looks similar to the PS5 version, and if they release that game I would expect it to work similar to the deck.

Warning: ramblings of a madman ahead

So I've been considering the implications of /u/TheRealImAHeroToo having their reddit account suspended.

The skeptic in me tells me it would be a good way to make my claims look more legitimate — make my claims, and then delete my account to add to the mystery.

However, deleting your own account and getting your account permanently suspended are two very different things. A user is not able to suspend their own account. That is something only Reddit employees can do, and it is primarily done to enforce Reddit's Content Policy.

IMG_0944.jpeg

To make damn sure that a permanent suspension of their account is indeed what happened, I looked that up too:

IMG_0946.jpeg

And sure enough, visiting their user page on a web browser shows this:

IMG_0943.jpeg

This is interesting, because to me it means that an external party (namely, Reddit administration) interfered with this person's account. I can only think of two reason why this would happen in this case:

Option A - The user /u/TheRealImAHeroToo was found to be impersonating another human

IMG_0947.jpeg

Option B - The user was violating Reddit's Content Policy by posting illegal content.

IMG_0948.jpeg

Interesting. Might keep tabs on this.

So I've been considering the implications of /u/TheRealImAHeroToo having their reddit account suspended.

The skeptic in me tells me it would be a good way to make my claims look more legitimate — make my claims, and then delete my account to add to the mystery.

However, deleting your own account and getting your account permanently suspended are two very different things. A user is not able to suspend their own account. That is something only Reddit employees can do, and it is primarily done to enforce Reddit's Content Policy.

View attachment 1467

To make damn sure that a permanent suspension of their account is indeed what happened, I looked that up too:

View attachment 1468

View attachment 1469

This is interesting, because to me it means that an external party (namely, Reddit administration) interfered with this person's account. I can only think of two reason why this would happen in this case:

Option A - The user /u/TheRealImAHeroToo was found to be impersonating another human

View attachment 1470

Option B - The user was violating Reddit's Content Policy by posting illegal content.

View attachment 1471

I would rule out the first option because in principle it was verified that it was him by both Angie and mods

I don't really see them making the effort to get FF7R running on the Switch. It'd be a very taxing game on that hardware. However, given the rumored specs, it'd run really easy on the Switch successor. Plus, SE have supported the switch with lots of ports and exclusives, so I can see them doing it. The real question is whether they'll be able to follow it up with a Rebirth port, as that seems like a much more demanding game.

Well, the original leaker was very accurate, iirc they predicted all of the Atlus stuff correctly and in a very detailed manner. The question here is whether the person going by "Hero" on Reddit it the same that made the original leaks, or another impersonator.
I mean isn't the OP of the resetera account known for making threads for Hero on the site? Like they actually know each other.

I think people on resetera are taken aback by the knowledge of square info cause it's kinda insane.

I'm more surprised people think SE won't be there with a deluge of ports of their high end games. with every final fantasy save for MMOs on switch (and 13 series which isn't on anything but pc), and SE in the past attempting KH3 on Switch, ports are an inevitability, I think. it sounds like MS is spending bucks to get more games from them on Xbox, so SE can leverage that work for a more lucrative set of ports

If a FFVII remake port is possible for Switch 2, can Final Fantasy XVI and FFVII rebirth also eventually be ported to the Switch 2? If so this could finally be the time when a Nintendo console is able to get most new Square Enix games once again for the first time since the SNES era.
Yes.

For FFXVI, that game could easily run on PS4. There is practically nothing gameplay wise holding it back. It may need a graphical overhaul, like with Dragon Quest 11s on Switch. However, we have seen Square go to lengths to get that lucrative userbase on Switch. Though with Switch 2 punching way above it's weight with DLSS it probably won't need many graphical cutbacks.

FFVII rebirth we don't know enough about, but considering it's running Unreal Engine, I don't think it would be too bad.

Considering that Square literally blames the PS5 install Base for low financial projections, you are going to be sure that Square will bend over backwards to put as much content on the next Switch as possible.

I mean isn't the OP of the resetera account known for making threads for Hero on the site? Like they actually know each other.

I think people on resetera are taken aback by the knowledge of square info cause it's kinda insane.
But they’ve said this Hero person got something from Atlus wrong too. Then somehow they know all of these projects and hardware from Square, Sony and Nintendo.

View attachment 1467

View attachment 1468

View attachment 1469

View attachment 1470

View attachment 1471

nintendo ninjas got them

Whether this person is legit or not... There must be a good reason why Reddit bothers closing his account.

That doesn't neccesarry mean the information is correct though, I can understand if Nintendo, Sony or Square Enix chooses to chase a fake leaker that is getting attention simply for keeping disinformation minimal as that could hurt their reputation as well.

But they’ve said this Hero person got something from Atlus wrong too. Then somehow they know all of these projects and hardware from Square, Sony and Nintendo.
Yeah I don't know what Atlus thing they got wrong tbh. I just think the square and hardware stuff is a bit dangerous and sus. How many people know about those square projects and the dev kit stuff? Maybe I'm making ignorant assumptions though. I just think that could help narrow down who the leak is.

That would make it more difficult to port than a game with "good programming".

?

For more powerful platforms yes (hence why Nier Automata sucked on PC for a while), but if little of the code is optimized on the original release, it gives the potential to downport it without many downgrades as long as you spend a lot of money redoing most of the code.

And Square could afford to do this with the Switch version because Nier Automata turned out to be so popular.

For what it’s worth - and I’m not asking anyone to believe me on this - I can at least confirm that the poster on Reddit who got banned was the real I’m A Hero Too (I’m in touch with mutual acquaintances who confirmed this information). Their reason for banning is not related to any of this.

As far as this leak goes, this remains accurate as far as I’m A Hero Too goes. Again, feel free to doubt this because I understand we’re playing six degrees of telephone with a lot of “take me at my word” thrown in, but I saw a lot of discussion on this and just wanted to clear the air.

As someone who only talked too, I'm A Hero Too about One Piece and could give negative interesting into leaks. It is always weird how every time I see them outside One Piece it's about gaming leaks and how they immediately got wiped off the face of the earth.

As for the person "knowing too much"; it's information from basically two main companies (SEGA and Square Enix). One can learn a lot from being in certain positions or jobs. Now, is it all 100% accurate? Probably not. Some things are open to interpretation, while others are hints at what's allegedly in development.

For what it’s worth - and I’m not asking anyone to believe me on this - I can at least confirm that the poster on Reddit who got banned was the real I’m A Hero Too (I’m in touch with mutual acquaintances who confirmed this information). Their reason for banning is not related to any of this.

As far as this leak goes, this remains accurate as far as I’m A Hero Too goes. Again, feel free to doubt this because I understand we’re playing six degrees of telephone with a lot of “take me at my word” thrown in, but I saw a lot of discussion on this and just wanted to clear the air.
By "any of this" do you mean the leaks themselves or the speculation that the account is another impostor?

Nice, thanks for the confirmation. But how would their banning be unrelated to all this hubbub? The Reddit account he made was only like 24-48 hours old, wasn’t it?

Nice, thanks for the confirmation. But how would their banning be unrelated to all this hubbub? The Reddit account he made was only like 24-48 hours old, wasn’t it?
If people reported the post as fake or something, it may be automated due to the age of the account.

Nintendo ninja don't strike that fast & that's a dangerous route to speculate, as you'll soon find people taking the ban as a sign of validating the claims.

Question for @bellydrum, can you be suspended from Reddit for having more than one account? My thinking is this person had one account, and started this new one, which could be against the rules, thus it was banned.

If anything, I'd expect Square to have Dragon Quest XII on the next system.

Don't forget that Dragon Quest XI was the very first game announced for the "Nintendo NX", even before Breath of the Wild.

If people reported the post as fake or something, it may be automated due to the age of the account.

Nintendo ninja don't strike that fast & that's a dangerous route to speculate, as you'll soon find people taking the ban as a sign of validating the claims.
Actually that seems like what may have happened, considering the comments about the automod taking the post down

Don't forget that Dragon Quest XI was the very first game announced for the "Nintendo NX", even before Breath of the Wild.
Considering Nintendo and the Switch rule Japan, it’s pretty much guaranteed.

There's no doubt in my mind. Dragon Quest is certainly a big phenomenon in Japan, and with Nintendo being by far the biggest over there, there's just no way it won't hit the new hardware.

Back
Top Bottom