• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Switch 2 devkits information from Im A Hero Too - backward compatibility, camera sensor, new cartridge format, Atlus/Sega and Square support

So was it the real I Am A Hero Too who said that FFX-3 was coming? Cause that'd be sus if so
I would assume the supposed X Remake might come first if it exists but Nomura certainly suggested X-3 was very much on the table and they have a story written by Nojima and there was a "not zero" chance they would go back to X in some form, but 7 Remake series was the focus. I'd say not a shock if there was a small team working on it (perhaps the Luminous devs that got subsumed into Square Enix at large are working on it)

Last edited:
who knows. Either way, we heard similar things from other sources. BC is extremely likely, so is new cartridge format. Camera/ some kind of sensor we also heard about. And T239 should be capable of ps4+ quality.
I don't disagree with any of that - the rumor is pretty mild, all things considered.

I would assume the supposed X Remake might come first if it exists but Nomura certainly suggested X-3 was very much on the table and they have a story written by Nojima and there was a "not zero" chance they would go back to X in some form, but 7 Remake series was the focus. I'd say not a shock if there was a small team working on it (perhaps the Luminous devs that got subsumed into Square Enix at large are working on it)
Right, but the rumor was specifically that X-3 was coming in 2024 iirc. Which seems way too soon.

I don't disagree with any of that - the rumor is pretty mild, all things considered.

Right, but the rumor was specifically that X-3 was coming in 2024 iirc. Which seems way too soon.
Huh? noones said anything about 2024 iirc - when they were on resetera, it was said X Remake would hit in 2026 for 25th anniversary, and this new supposed leak said it wouldn't hit that date so its not coming til after that (and the leak said X Remake/X-3 not just X-3)

They said it had a skeleton crew, basically meaning it's supposed to be in pre-production.

By the way, I'd love to see a Final Fantasy X remake on the new hardware. Those eyes of Tidus in the remaster....ugh.

If people reported the post as fake or something, it may be automated due to the age of the account.

Nintendo ninja don't strike that fast & that's a dangerous route to speculate, as you'll soon find people taking the ban as a sign of validating the claims.
Yeah, that’s kind of what I meant. In my mind that’s still “related” to all of this, whatever the reason it ends up being. The account got suspended within 48 hours of being created, the suspension absolutely had something to do with the rumors that were shared, one way or another.

Huh? noones said anything about 2024 iirc - when they were on resetera, it was said X Remake would hit in 2026 for 25th anniversary, and this new supposed leak said it wouldn't hit that date so its not coming til after that (and the leak said X Remake/X-3 not just X-3)
Oh ok. I was just asking and clarifying.

I feel like it's possible this person's Atlus leaks could be real, but they're couching it in a bunch of bullshit about stuff from other companies they don't have any insight into in order to cover it up.

So I just had to go to the original post to find out that part of the SEGA/ATLUS stuff is a new Guardian Heroes? Y'all really burying the lead here with this "port of an existing game might look good" stuff. Now I have a reason to care/hope it's real.

Let's goooooo

I don't think SE porting FF7R to the Switch 2 is something unfathomable. I mean, SE was very open and transparent about wanting to port FF15 to the Switch but they couldn't get it to run at an acceptable state. They also said they wanted to port FF14 (or was it FF11?), but they couldn't because Sony didn't allow crossplay.

So yeah, expect FF7R on the Switch 2 early on.

I'm more surprised people think SE won't be there with a deluge of ports of their high end games. with every final fantasy save for MMOs on switch (and 13 series which isn't on anything but pc), and SE in the past attempting KH3 on Switch, ports are an inevitability, I think. it sounds like MS is spending bucks to get more games from them on Xbox, so SE can leverage that work for a more lucrative set of ports
you still feel SE will keep FFXIV off Switch if they could port it?

I think Nintendo's made thier point with games like Apex, Fortnite and Warframe doing well. There's at least 5-6 more of those live service style games also on there.

you still feel SE will keep FFXIV off Switch if they could port it?

I think Nintendo's made thier point with games like Apex, Fortnite and Warframe doing well. There's at least 5-6 more of those live service style games also on there.
MMOs are harder to predict. if they're taking the time to make it work for xbox, then they could definitely do so for drake. but, I think it's a toss up. I can't make a guess on that one way or another

So I just had to go to the original post to find out that part of the SEGA/ATLUS stuff is a new Guardian Heroes? Y'all really burying the lead here with this "port of an existing game might look good" stuff. Now I have a reason to care/hope it's real.
This could be Forever's secret Sega remake but they deal with 3D games only. I'm not sure of the chances of a NEW game that's not made by Treasure.

I still think 14 is not unlikely now that they made it for the Xbox. I'm still kinda doubtful on the 7 Remake given Sony is bankrolling the game? Square is a very solid 3rd Party partner for this gen's Switch and I have no reason to think this'll change with new hardware.

I still think 14 is not unlikely now that they made it for the Xbox. I'm still kinda doubtful on the 7 Remake given Sony is bankrolling the game? Square is a very solid 3rd Party partner for this gen's Switch and I have no reason to think this'll change with new hardware.
FF7R's exclusivity period is over. FF7R2 will probably have a year long period as well

The owner of RPGSite (the person who reported a ton of devs giving the Series S shit at GamesCom)

That tweet says that Final Fantasy VII Remake is a launch game while it wasn't said that it would be...

-FF7R looks and runs like a PS5 game on Switch 2 devkit. Port took no time I'm told. Could be a launch game, not sure.

FF7R just doesn't make a ton of sense when they aren't even continuing the R series on PS4, they didn't even give it the Yufie DLC?? But then again, very little of SE's release behaviors make any sense to me.

I'm not sure why "insiders" are now saying this is false. The info is super basic. The only possible falsehood could be FF7R or the camera, everything else logically checks out, as if the next console is releasing next year, big publishers would likely have devkits, and Nintendo would have to have completely lost their minds for it to not be backwards compatible.

I'm not sure why "insiders" are now saying this is false. The info is super basic. The only possible falsehood could be FF7R or the camera, everything else logically checks out, as if the next console is releasing next year, big publishers would likely have devkits, and Nintendo would have to have completely lost their minds for it to not be backwards compatible.
Especially Necrolipe claiming "I prefer to avoid commenting" on the camera and BC. Seems like they don't know either, and remain cryptic to avoid ruining their "credibility." At least they rightfully call out the less realistic parts of the leak.

https://famiboards.com/threads/futu...-staff-posts-before-commenting.55/post-794896

Last edited:

I think some in gaming industry just dislike IAHT because they think he's making shit up.

All of this could happen, but if Zippo said that remakes of DKC 1-3 were in development, then people would also react negatively about the plausibility (even though that could happen).

Especially Necrolipe claiming "I prefer to avoid commenting" on the camera and BC. Seems like they don't know either, and remain cryptic to avoid ruining their "credibility." At least they rightfully call out the less realistic parts of the leak.
sorry can you link to necro's post?

As likely as this is, its always nice to hear more credible rumors pointing in that direction.
Careful, Necrolipe and Nate say that this rumor is actually mostly wrong. That isn't to say the backwards compatibility part is, but it's best to be skeptical I think. I wish their comments would get added to this thread since they were made in the hardware speculation thread.

I don't think SE porting FF7R to the Switch 2 is something unfathomable. I mean, SE was very open and transparent about wanting to port FF15 to the Switch but they couldn't get it to run at an acceptable state. They also said they wanted to port FF14 (or was it FF11?), but they couldn't because Sony didn't allow crossplay.

So yeah, expect FF7R on the Switch 2 early on.
FF14 on Switch 2 would be huge I feel.

https://famiboards.com/threads/futu...-staff-posts-before-commenting.55/post-794896

Necrolipe is not reliable, he sometimes knows things, and sometimes he doesn't but will pretend he does. His info seems to be mostly from marketing material, so I think he only gets access to stuff that are very close to happening, like trailers and ads after a direct. Personally, I think the possibility of him fully knowing Square's and Sega's future lineup is farfetched, to say the least.

Nate has also shown to be unreliable in regards to the next Nintendo hardware.

I don't see a reason we should trust the word of any of these three people over the other.

Last edited:

I mean in the same post he claims to know Square, Sega and Atlus production plans. I don't have a plan about all this "leaker" but that sounds a bit unlikely.

Or he just don't want people to wait for the Switch port because he, or his clients, prefer people will buy the games now.

Last edited:
As likely as this is, its always nice to hear more credible rumors pointing in that direction.
This. If I can sell my Switch to get a Switch 2, I'll get it day one, knowing I won't need to keep old hardware around to play my library.

Necrolipe is not reliable, he sometimes knows things, and sometimes he doesn't but will pretend he does. His info seems to be mostly from marketing material, so I think he only gets access to stuff that are very close to happening, like trailers and ads after a direct. Personally, I think the possibility of him fully knowing Square's and Sega's future lineup is farfetched, to say the least.

I don't see a reason we should trust the word of any of these three people over the other.
I completely agree. Nintendo will always throw a curveball. Afterall, nobody predicted the Wonder Direct, and here we are.

I don't think a lot of insiders really know that much right now in regards to hardware and it's hard to get info about stuff like that from Nintendo; it's like trying to break through an iron wall. So the info that does get out there can sometimes be inaccurate or outdated. That's why it's up to us to decide whether that info we hear has truth to it or not.

people really do just say things for the sake of saying things....whether it's a "leaker" or someone who pretends they know what a "leaker" has said.

was a Wonder Direct really that hard to predict? most of Nintendo's major games get a direct
I think was a mix of people genuinely forgetting this, perhaps thanks to neither TOTK or Pikmin 4 having one, in addition to most such Directs being around a month before a title's launch.

I don't think most people even entertained the thought until we learned influencers were heading to NYC for a Nintendo thing. And even then, I think many took it it as a sign of an early September Direct as opposed to a dedicated SMBW one. After all, if you aren't going to have a dedicated Direct for games with more complex systems like Zelda or Pikmin, why would you have one for a 2D Mario?

Last edited:
When it comes to this stuff I always take it with a grain of salt. I find that I believe way rumors way more if they lean towards things I want to be true. Think this guy might be clout fishing by telling people what they want to hear

was a Wonder Direct really that hard to predict? most of Nintendo's major games get a direct
It's the only game-specific direct they've done all year, and for a game that's a lot easier to understand/sell to a casual audience than, say, Pikmin 4 or Fire Emblem Engage (or even Tears of the Kingdom, for that matter, though that did get a not-branded-as-a-direct gameplay presentation from Aonuma).

I'd say a Wonder direct was definitely something of a curveball.

I don't think a lot of insiders really know that much right now in regards to hardware and it's hard to get info about stuff like that from Nintendo; it's like trying to break through an iron wall. So the info that does get out there can sometimes be inaccurate or outdated. That's why it's up to us to decide whether that info we hear has truth to it or not.
The funny thing is no one should claim to be an insider. If you work or are around the industry enough you will meet people. Sometimes you have a discussion and information is given. It should be organic. The issue now is people are trying to form this relationships just to use people and get inside information. That is the problem.

Funny how I specifically said the Square Enix claims are dubious and didn't say anything about their hardware claims -- which doesn't mean I'm endorsing them, as I'm opting not to comment on those claims.

Funny how I specifically said the Square Enix claims are dubious and didn't say anything about their hardware claims -- which doesn't mean I'm endorsing them, as I'm opting not to comment on those claims.
Smart man

Maybe Nate doesn't know about certain things either. You can't comment on what you don't know. Better say nothing in that case.

Back
Top Bottom