• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Switch 2 devkits information from Im A Hero Too - backward compatibility, camera sensor, new cartridge format, Atlus/Sega and Square support

Hero of Hyrule

Frieren the Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him
Im A Hero Too was the verified leaker who made multiple correct leaks about Atlus, Sega, and Square Enix.

They eventually retired from leaking things after things got a bit too hot, but some impersonators were pretending to be them and sharing false info, so they returned to clear the air around that false info; in the process, they also shared some new extra information they have:

SEGA/ATLUS:
  • Have Switch 2 devkits (have had them for a while)
  • Uses new cartridge format
  • There is a camera sensor of some sort
  • The Switch 2 is backward compatible with the Switch (at least with the games they are aware of that were tested)

SQUARE ENIX:
  • FF7R is on the Switch 2
  • Looks closer to the PS5 version
  • May be planned as a launch game
Thanks to Angie on ResetEra for compiling this.

Sega / Atlus being on board early is really the only plausible explanation I'll accept for no P3R / Metaphor on Switch announcements yet. Probably both confirmed whenever the console is revealed.

People said the PS5 version of FFVIIR basically looks like the PS4 version so that would make sense with the Switch 2 looking the same. I saw it brought of how it could look like a PS5, well that explains it.

I really wish Nintendo would bring back IR pointing, at least if they're making first person games with motion. I don't care if it needs a sensor bar I'm tired of Skyward Sword HD's jank 😭

If this is true then I wouldn't be surprised if Atlus is saving Persona 3 Reload for Switch 2 (which is still pretty stupid since it can easily run on OG Switch).

I suppose this could be a good way to finally finish FFVIIR since is a frikking chore to go through at times (sidequests can be some of the worst).

Now I hope Nintendo can make a deal to bring Baldur's Gate 3 to the system.

Doesn't the original Switch have a camera sensor in the body of the console itself when you have the auto-brightness setting turned on?

No backwards compatibility would have been insane with the Switch's install base. It made sense with the Wii U since the physical media format completely changed and barely anyone had one anyway, so any of the worthwhile titles from its library could just be sold as basically new. That wouldn't be the case this time.

SQUARE ENIX:
  • FF7R is on the Switch 2
  • Looks closer to the PS5 version
  • May be planned as a launch game
Me, waiting for all three installments of the remake before playing them:

IMG-0507.gif

I'd be willing to buy this leak, actually. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but these smaller details (camera, new cartridge, BC) are closer to what I'd expect to something called a "Switch 2".

This all sound really good and at least believable.
But I’m lost about all this leaker origin story with discord imposters, a middle person on era claiming to have info from the real one etc.
But you’re all more I the game then me and if you say this is from that guy I’ll happily believe it.

Tbf it probably won’t be universal universal.

Just like PS5, There’s probably gonna be like 10-15 freak instances of weird games messing up somewhere, but the other 99.99% will work fine
Yeah and I can imagine maybe Labo (for example) not working on Switch 2, but I think largely we should be in the clear
It makes sense. The Switch 2 should be getting vastly superior third party games from the beginning compared to Switch.
I agree, especially since Switch third party support continues to get better into its seventh year in the market.

Doesn't really seem too good to be true. BC should be expected, and we're talking a late port of a PS4 game for a device that's speculated to be PS4+ level with DLSS, so "closer to the PS5" version is not out of reach.

Even if the leak is fake I'd still expect BC, and I'd still expect good looking PS4 ports in the launch window.

I don’t know who this is but I’m getting “leaker biting off more than they can chew” vibes

The wording in the post on era is camera feature, not sensor
Oh, so an actual camera? Ugh, waste of space and money that inflates the cost of the system unnecessarily. Can't wait to see the justification for another 0.3MP lens crammed into the front of the console used for exactly two tech demos and a shitty asset swap shovelware game on perpetual sale for 99 cents in the eShop 🙄

A Switch. Two?
Read this as "A Snitch. Two?" and thought the same; we got a sequel leaker now 😂

Final Fantasy 7: Remake looking closer to the PS5 version over the PS4 version is kind of wild to me. Makes me think this new hardware could be more capable then I personally was expecting. My mind goes wild thinking about some massive gorgeous open world Mario, the next Zelda, the creepy atmospheric depths of Metroid Prime 4, etc on this new hardware.

Of course I take anything Nintendo related with a planet full of salt these days lol.

Doesn't the original Switch have a camera sensor in the body of the console itself when you have the auto-brightness setting turned on?
It's just a brightness sensor, not really a camera, and not usable by devs.
But you’re all more I the game then me and if you say this is from that guy I’ll happily believe it.
Era "confirms" leakers. "I'm a Hero" was a regular and accurate Atlus related leaker, confirmed over there, before vanishing. An impersonator cropped up on Reddit, so Hero created a new account, and began the confirmation process a second time, just to shut down said impersonator, and dropped a few tidbits along the way.

It seems likely this really is Hero, and Hero has been reliable in the past.

The word "impressive" suddenly makes a lot of sense.

It's just a brightness sensor, not really a camera, and not usable by devs.

Era "confirms" leakers. "I'm a Hero" was a regular and accurate Atlus related leaker, confirmed over there, before vanishing. An impersonator cropped up on Reddit, so Hero created a new account, and began the confirmation process a second time, just to shut down said impersonator, and dropped a few tidbits along the way.

It seems likely this really is Hero, and Hero has been reliable in the past.
Now THIS is quite delightful

Final Fantasy 7: Remake looking closer to the PS5 version over the PS4 version is kind of wild to me. Makes me think this new hardware could be more capable then I personally was expecting.
I live in the damn hardware thread, but I'll say this is about right.

Seems plausible but also regarding the hardware itself a fairly safe bet. Basically just "backwards compatible" and "has a sensor or something like"

Back
Top Bottom