• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Steam Deck Discussion |ST| Big Deck Energy

Any of you been playing Nier Replicant on Deck by chance? It simply doesn't boot for me, despite being marked as playable.

Did try different Proton versions already, but I'm always stuck with a black screen boot looping.

Any of you been playing Nier Replicant on Deck by chance? It simply doesn't boot for me, despite being marked as playable.

Did try different Proton versions already, but I'm always stuck with a black screen boot looping.
I don't if I can be much of help but on YouTube, there's at least 2 videos running Nier Replicant such as this one:

Runs at 40-60fps. Unfortunately they don't detail anything what proton versions they are using.

I don't if I can be much of help but on YouTube, there's at least 2 videos running Nier Replicant such as this one:

Runs at 40-60fps. Unfortunately they don't detail anything what proton versions they are using.

Yeah, I've seen these videos as well, but none go into how to set the game up properly. There's nothing on it on the SteamDeck subreddit either, and even googling doesn't bring up any comparable cases. I'm out of ideas here, honestly, and about to simply delete the game again. Pretty frustrating experience with this one in particular -- other games work either after some tinkering or flawlessly from the get-go so far (those other games are ToA, P4G, MHW, MHS2, DQXIS, HZD [though it did crash on me twice]). Though not all of them run super well, actually.

Btw, Ozzie, not sure you've seen some of my impressions on the Deck in the General OT, so I'll just quote them below again, in case you're interested. (Sorry, it's somewhat long, haha and some of it is a bit fussy, I guess)

So, my current Steam Deck experience and impressions most certainly are still on the very tentative side of things. But what I'll say already is that using this thing both handheld ("undocked") and as a desktop replacement ("docked") has shown me just how much care and most certainly work Nintendo and partners/third parties have put into making the Switch experience as smooth and hassle-free as it is. Because

baby-oh-boy.gif

the Deck experience definitely is not. I still really, really like the thing so far, but it puts things into perspective, that's for sure. Still not entirely sure how to fit this device into my (gaming) lifestyle either. But that's after only 2 1/2 days with the thing, so still early impressions, etc.

(Holy shit, though, the software needs work. Any console launching in a state like this would've been given a grilling, and deservedly so, I'd say; Valve/the Steam Deck really have a lot of good will and benefit of the doubt here with this launch in my eyes.)
In no particular order and with some being related to the desktop-handheld switching while others are more general in nature:
  • WiFi issues, especially with 5GHz networks (signal drops regularly)
  • fan noise (fan curve ain't great, spinning at full speed 75%+ of the time, high pitched)
  • image/resolution scaling issues (mostly when switching between desktop and native Deck mode)
  • technical issues with games marked as supported/verified (Dragon Quest XIS e.g. booted with the image being squished to a few pixels in the middle of the screen, making it impossible to navigate the settings to change the display settings from fullscreen to borderless to solve the issue; Horizon Zero Dawn crashed outright on me - twice)
  • the trackpads stop working sporadically?!
  • the on-screen keyboard doesn't seem to work at all in desktop mode for me, even when using the Deck's own screen and no external monitor
  • shader compilation still occuring in-game, even though Steam downloads compiled shader packs with the games already?!
  • loading times being surprisingly long sometimes (and adequate other times) (256GB SSD model here, all games installed on the internal memory thus far)
  • graphics settings from my PC config being imported onto the Deck (though this might be more on the games than Steam itself), making some games unplayable at first due to higher res and general graphical settings
  • Steam Cloud Save synchronization failing regularly for me
  • some odd app behaviour (Spotify for instance doesn't properly sync my liked songs across devices, while it works flawlessly on my Android phone and windows PC and even the PS4)
  • what I'd call general sluggishness of SteamOS3 and the Deck UI/Gaming Mode (as it's called) in particular, sometimes not reacting to button prompts, menues freezing for a few secs, apps stopping to react (like the appstore e.g.)
  • black screen on the Deck itself when booting some games, persisting for anywhere between 30-60 secs; and even closing some titles can lead to something similar

That's all coming to mind right now, with some points that I had actually written down, haha.

Depending on what you're looking for with the Deck, some might be more serious issues than others. Personally I perceive most of them as annoyances, but nothing that would totally break the experience for me. Some edge cases as well that might not even apply to everyone's first experiences with the device.
While it might appear to be a lot at first glance, there's actually more about the thing that I like than what I dislike; as I said in my previous post, I actually do enjoy the Deck quite a bit, and playing Monster Hunter World or Tales of Arise on it for instance has been a blast!
(Also having Persona 4 on a handheld again! <3)
Definitely don't buy it expecting another 3+ years of AAA titles running well on Deck. That's not what this is made for, yeah. It'll make for a great "retro"/back catalogue, Indie, and AA type of games machine, and certainly will profit from the current cross-gen period in some AAA games' cases, but a future proof machine for all types of games it is not.
Hey now, none of my games on Deck boot anymore. 😂 What's broken now?
Hey, Steam Deck and Switch have something in common games wise: Monster Hunter Stories 2 runs like shit on both devices, lmao
For sure. The only two things I suspect won't get better due to being tied to the hardware are the fan and the R1/L1 bumpers (which I actually forgot to mention before) being too flush with the Deck's top. It's pretty hard to press them sometimes.
Still, most issues are software related and could easily be fixed by the time others get their Deck. Hopefully!

This post was brought to you by: Steam Deck! (seriously, hah) (using it for some home office work right now)

Yeah, I've seen these videos as well, but none go into how to set the game up properly. There's nothing on it on the SteamDeck subreddit either, and even googling doesn't bring up any comparable cases. I'm out of ideas here, honestly, and about to simply delete the game again. Pretty frustrating experience with this one in particular -- other games work either after some tinkering or flawlessly from the get-go so far (those other games are ToA, P4G, MHW, MHS2, DQXIS, HZD [though it did crash on me twice]). Though not all of them run super well, actually.

Btw, Ozzie, not sure you've seen some of my impressions on the Deck in the General OT, so I'll just quote them below again, in case you're interested. (Sorry, it's somewhat long, haha and some of it is a bit fussy, I guess)

This post was brought to you by: Steam Deck! (seriously, hah) (using it for some home office work right now)
This was amazing to read through lol. You're so unlucky with MHS2 lmao.

Yeah Deck definitely needs a lot of Software improvement and the fan being that loud is a deal breaker for me although apparently there is a kernel update coming soon that will somehow improve it?

I guess I'll have to wait until November for mine but ultimately I want the Deck for MH games that Switch won't get and it seems to be running well on Deck and it also has a mainline Persona game unlike Switch lmao.

Thanks for sharing your impressions, I really appreciate it.

Glad you had a good time reading it. 😂

You're so unlucky with MHS2 lmao.
Seriously. It's like the game and I simply aren't meant to get along with one another or something like that, haha. Even capping it to 30 fps on Deck makes it jittery and introduces a lot of input lag for me. It's so weird, I just can't seem to get a hang of it. Best case scenario for playing it "handheld" so far has been running it on my Windows PC and then streaming it to my phone, but that's also not ideal. Streaming to Steam Deck has been surprisingly rough, with the Wifi issues of the device really making it hard to sell in that regard.

Monster Hunter World runs really, really well on the Deck, and that's without it even being one of the verified or playable titles. I'm majorly impressed with this one in particular, and it's a great way to play the game. Probably the most impressive feat of the Deck so far for me; MH World selling me on the device on its own, basically. lol

The other titles all have their small issues and quirks, some of which I find more annoying than others, so there's definitely a lot of room for improvement there.

Overall I'm still not 100% sold on the platform as of now, roughly three days in with it. I actually immensely enjoy using it as a desktop replacement (I really like Linux or rather SteamOS 3) and for handheld World, but other aspects don't quite do it for me thus far. The handheld form factor is one of them, which is a shame, but I really think the device is a bit too much for me in terms of ergonomics/physical structure. Despite all of its issues, the software/UX actually is what I enjoy the most so far.

Glad you had a good time reading it. 😂

Seriously. It's like the game and I simply aren't meant to get along with one another or something like that, haha. Even capping it to 30 fps on Deck makes it jittery and introduces a lot of input lag for me. It's so weird, I just can't seem to get a hang of it. Best case scenario for playing it "handheld" so far has been running it on my Windows PC and then streaming it to my phone, but that's also not ideal. Streaming to Steam Deck has been surprisingly rough, with the Wifi issues of the device really making it hard to sell in that regard.

Monster Hunter World runs really, really well on the Deck, and that's without it even being one of the verified or playable titles. I'm majorly impressed with this one in particular, and it's a great way to play the game. Probably the most impressive feat of the Deck so far for me; MH World selling me on the device on its own, basically. lol

The other titles all have their small issues and quirks, some of which I find more annoying than others, so there's definitely a lot of room for improvement there.

Overall I'm still not 100% sold on the platform as of now, roughly three days in with it. I actually immensely enjoy using it as a desktop replacement (I really like Linux or rather SteamOS 3) and for handheld World, but other aspects don't quite do it for me thus far. The handheld form factor is one of them, which is a shame, but I really think the device is a bit too much for me in terms of ergonomics/physical structure. Despite all of its issues, the software/UX actually is what I enjoy the most so far.
MHW running really well bodes well for future Capcom titles especially since MH is on RE engine now. I'm surprised about the ergonomics though. Isn't it similar to Hori Split pad pro on Switch but heavier?

MHW running really well bodes well for future Capcom titles especially since MH is on RE engine now. I'm surprised about the ergonomics though. Isn't it similar to Hori Split pad pro on Switch but heavier?
Yeah, RE engine should provide a nice boost to most Capcom titles on PC, given how well Resident Evil and Monster Hunter Rise run on weaker hardware. Rise on Deck for instance is absolutely flawless from my experience (only played it a little bit, mind you, which is why I forgot to mention it before), despite no official verification; still, it doesn't look that much better to me on the Deck screen compared to Switch, which is why I have no reason to move over to PC for that game. The Switch version already provides a pretty strong handheld MH experience there.

Re: ergonomics -- yeah, in terms of sheer width it's really similar. I don't have the Hori SPP here with me any longer, but from memory I'd say that the comparison definitely fits.
What makes matters worse compared to the Hori + Switch for me are the other physical attributes of the Deck. Its stick placement, the bumper placement, and the curvature to the sides on the back (the grips, basically). This is obviously highly subjective, but something about the placement and form factor of these aspects doesn't quite work out for me. Add to that the Deck's weight, which, while not bothersome in short sessions, can be felt when gaming for a longer period of time (more than 1h, I'd say); all that leads to me being quickly tired of holding the device.

I don't have the biggest hands, though, so people who find the Switch to be too small or making their hands cramp might enjoy the Deck quite a bit. I think the Switch OLED is basically perfect in terms of size and weight, even if its ergonomics could be better still.

Oh boy, I am a Q2'er and anticipating the email any day now btwn today and .. the end of June.
This thing would immediately become my "gaming PC". Well it would come down to this vs GeForce Now.
Cheers for the impressions Imitatio :coffee:
Gnarly to me that different people can have such wildly different experiences with the same game on ostensibly the same hardware.

Cheers for the impressions Imitatio :coffee:
Gnarly to me that different people can have such wildly different experiences with the same game on ostensibly the same hardware.
I should add that I got Nier to run after all -- had to delete it completely (from the internal SSD) and download it again (this time to the SD card). No clue as to why (moving it from the internal to the external without re-downloading did nothing), but at last here we go.

Runs absolutely great, fwiw. I could see myself play through it this way instead of on my Windows machine.

I should add that I got Nier to run after all -- had to delete it completely (from the internal SSD) and download it again (this time to the SD card). No clue as to why (moving it from the internal to the external without re-downloading did nothing), but at last here we go.

Runs absolutely great, fwiw. I could see myself play through it this way instead of on my Windows machine.
That's great it's working for you now lol. How's the fan noise when playing Nier? Im curious, if you were to lower the settings/fps would the fan be quieter?

That's great it's working for you now lol. How's the fan noise when playing Nier? Im curious, if you were to lower the settings/fps would the fan be quieter?
I might give it a shot later when home; so far I've been toying around with the wattage already, limiting it to between 7-10 watts so that the battery lasts longer and the device should stay somewhat cooler as well. I might just imagine things, but I did think the fan was quieter throughout. Locked the games to 30 fps on the system level, also enabled FSR with it being set to 3, though it didn't activate in Nier because I was playing it at native res. MH World and Tales of Arise do look great at 540p with FSR 3, though!

@Ozzie
I've tried with low settings across Nier, ToA, MHW -- and honestly, if there indeed is a difference in fan frequency, then it's so minor that hearing a difference could simply be a placebo effect as well, lol.
To me it sounds like there are three states of fan spinning: none, state 1 (audible, but lower frequency), state 2 (full blast). No fan at all is only possible when browsing the store, using the desktop mode with Firefox e.g. and lower power stuff like that, not having multiple programs running.
State 1 happens under "normal" load, for instance when downloading or having both Firefox and Spotify run in desktop mode, etc.
State 2 -- well; Once you start a game the fan's basically always giving it its all, haha.

I've got no further insight into this, so take my impressions with a grain of salt!

@Ozzie
I've tried with low settings across Nier, ToA, MHW -- and honestly, if there indeed is a difference in fan frequency, then it's so minor that hearing a difference could simply be a placebo effect as well, lol.
To me it sounds like there are three states of fan spinning: none, state 1 (audible, but lower frequency), state 2 (full blast). No fan at all is only possible when browsing the store, using the desktop mode with Firefox e.g. and lower power stuff like that, not having multiple programs running.
State 1 happens under "normal" load, for instance when downloading or having both Firefox and Spotify run in desktop mode, etc.
State 2 -- well; Once you start a game the fan's basically always giving it its all, haha.

I've got no further insight into this, so take my impressions with a grain of salt!
That sounds pretty consistent from what I have read on Reddit. It seems that fans will always go full blast the moment you start downloading or play a game regardless of how intense or light the game is. Another thing people reported that sometimes the fans go full blast, stop, full blast, stop and repeat.

Still, I honestly appreciate you testing it out for me. I guess we will have to wait and see since some people are saying there is a kernel update coming soon for the fans.

Another thing people reported that sometimes the fans go full blast, stop, full blast, stop and repeat.
Yeah, I can confirm this behaviour as well. Though I can't say when and why exactly it happens. There's no real pattern to it. Might just be due to the general inconsistency. (Inconsistent is basically the Deck UX put into one word so far, hah)

Xenoblade Chronicles X is so good. I bought a copy for my WiiU when the WiiU eShop's End of Service was announced; but it looked awful when playing primarily on the WiiU Gamepad.

Framerate is typically 27-30fps with dips to 17-20fps in certain areas like heavily populated caves. I'm running Cemu through Proton/Wine so hopefully performance will improve whenever the native Cemu Linux app releases.

The trackpad and rear buttons have been really helpful. I have Cemu setup where the rear buttons either toggle (L4) or quick glance (R4) the Gamepad screen and the right touchpad acts as the stylus.

I've already put over 30hrs into this game on the Steam Deck and haven't even started Chapter 4 yet. It's just been fun to run around and explore the world.

Oh shit, I didn't even think of WiiU emulation so far, but I'm still hungry for Xeno X or Pushmo/Pullblox! This might be a great opportunity going forward.

Finally got my Steam Deck! Just doing general setup stuff right now (trying to get stuff like XCloud, Epic Games Store via Heroic, and emulation working) but I'll soon jump into Elden Ring

General impressions: it's nice. A bit janky feeling perhaps, especially when fooling around in desktop mode, but nice. Haven't actually played anything though, and my library is pretty limited on Steam (more on Epic Games because they just throw free stuff at you) so I probably won't be able to give impressions on much

Finally got my Steam Deck! Just doing general setup stuff right now (trying to get stuff like XCloud, Epic Games Store via Heroic, and emulation working) but I'll soon jump into Elden Ring

General impressions: it's nice. A bit janky feeling perhaps, especially when fooling around in desktop mode, but nice. Haven't actually played anything though, and my library is pretty limited on Steam (more on Epic Games because they just throw free stuff at you) so I probably won't be able to give impressions on much
Despite what you said there at the end, I'm still looking forward to hear from you on what you generally think about the experience on the whole.

The Deck has actually been growing on me these last two days, quite a bit even, because I only got to experience now just how convenient the thing will be while things here go back to normal for the most part (less wfh), which means my time to sit in front of the PC gaming has been going down again, but I've been using the Deck after work and found it to be a true blessing, haha.

Ok after spending a couple hours on setup yesterday, I'm really impressed with how far third party assistance software has come since the Deck's launch. Using EmuDeck for emulation and Heroic/Heroic Bash Launcher for Epic Games Store made setting up those things really easy. You basically have to do zero work yourself besides downloading and running the right things, it's incredible. And everything seems to be working too in gaming mode right out of the gate

Still haven't gotten to actually playing anything yet but general impressions are pretty positive at this point. Desktop mode remains somewhat janky feeling but I'm getting used to it.

Got my order in. So excited. I have over 1300 Steam games but just haven't had the patience to play my PC regularly this past year.

Yesssss! Completed my order for the Switch Pro as well, I'm really excited! I'm probably going to play modded Mario 64 first thing away, Last Impact looked very nice. Terraria, Minecraft and Skyrim are next!

Starting to get jealous haha. Hopefully I'll be able to get my order soon, got my reservation in about 17 minutes after they first opened so I'd like to think it won't be much longer for me.

This may have been posted in the thread already, but this tool is quite handy for checking out how your Steam library would work on the Deck:

Two things I miss already when going back to the Switch: Deck's blue light filter aka night mode, and the ability to have Spotify running in the background while playing a game. :'D
Small things overall, but I'd love to at least have the former make its way to Switch as well.

So before I get my Deck delivered next week, I want to know if it's easy to switch back to Steam OS if trying Windows is a dud?

I really want my Game Pass games (without having to do streaming since my internet is ass), but don't want to take a chance switching to Windows if it turns out to he terrible and going back to Steam OS is a nightmare

So before I get my Deck delivered next week, I want to know if it's easy to switch back to Steam OS if trying Windows is a dud?

I really want my Game Pass games (without having to do streaming since my internet is ass), but don't want to take a chance switching to Windows if it turns out to he terrible and going back to Steam OS is a nightmare
Seems easy enough to me at least!

Seems like it's a somewhat involved process but probably not more so than installing Windows in the first place. Guide here: https://dotesports.com/hardware/news/how-to-recover-steamos-on-steam-deck

You can also install Windows or SteamOS on an SD card and dual-boot that way but that might not work as cleanly. In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing your impressions of how Windows works. While I like SteamOS a lot, Gamepass is definitely tempting so I've considered downloading Windows on an SD card. Streaming does work decently for me though and I'm still hoping Valve and Microsoft can work out a native solution on SteamOS.

I just had to think back to an interview Gabe Newell gave around the Steam Deck's unveiling. Someone asked him how they'd plan to compete with the Switch or differentiate the Deck from the Switch or something akin to that. And Newell basically said that, if you were to pick up a Deck and then a Switch (or the other way around), you'd know for sure which of the two devices was for you and which was not.

Now that I've been toying around with both devices side by side a bit more, yeah, he's 100% right. In my case, I like both, but I can totally see why someone would rather only use one of the two simply from an ergonomical standpoint.
Like, the Switch OLED feels incredibly fragile or rather delicate compared to the Deck after having an extended play session with the latter. One is a handheld, the other is a HANDHELD. I actually enjoy having this contrast, depending on what I'm looking for or in the mood for.

I picked up my Switch after playing on the Deck yesterday and it felt really small haha. Honestly surprised at just how comfortable the Deck is despite its width.

Soooo .... Which one is for you? 😀
Well, to be totally fair and transparent here, I pretty much knew from the start that I'd pick the Switch over the Deck if I had to choose one or the other; even aside from the form factor/ergonomics. For a handheld I simply prefer the Switch's overall (more straightforward, if you will) user experience, the OLED display, the fact that it's much more quiet and that it offers a superior (that is: more seamless) hybrid functionality. The Deck, in that sense, could actually never be a true replacement or competitor for the Switch in my case.

But all of that is kind of beside the point for me, because I could easily keep the Deck alongside my Switch and my gaming laptop if I was willing to. The question I have to answer for myself right now is, whether or not it's worth keeping the Deck in my current gaming hardware constellation at all. Especially for 550€ that I paid for the 256GB variant. I've found that I keep comparing the Deck to my PC rather than to my Switch in terms of usage/"practical value", given the former two got more in common overall in terms of user experience and especially software library (duh).

As it stands, I have a hard time justifying the Deck purchase, -- even if I've started to quite like the device --, when my laptop and Switch have got me covered quite well already, and the Deck simply acts as kind of an extension of/to my PC gaming experience rather than something more ... unique or standalone, having more of a unique selling point. While I am a big handheld fan, simply being able to take my PC games with me on the go isn't quite enough to definitely sell me on the Deck at this price point. Even more so when factoring in that I'm actually not planning to take the Deck out of the house. (Well, not that I really take my Switch with me out of the house, either! Very rarely, if at all.) In this scenario, the Deck's basically a gaming laptop with a better undocked experience, but a much worse docked experience. Which makes it very unlikely that I'd ever (fully) replace my laptop with the Deck either; I also need a laptop for work anyways, so that's a lock already.

None of these points come as much of a surprise, really, haha. But having used the thing for over a week now has definitely affirmed my assumptions about how my Deck experience would play out in the end. I like it, but I'm absolutely not convinced that I 550€-like-it, taking all of my circumstances into account. As such, I'm seriously contemplating sending it back to Valve this week.

(Sorry for writing a mini-essay here, lol. I'm trying to thoroughly think this through, because I'm a bit scared of sending it back and then regretting the decision, haha. Getting hold of another one might prove tricky, so...)​

The question I have to answer for myself right now is, whether or not it's worth keeping the Deck in my current gaming hardware constellation at all.
I feel ya, I'm in the same boat despite still waiting on my order email.

The Deck is set to become my "gaming PC", a slot currently occupied by streaming service GeForceNow :p

I have a "founders" tier membership and GeForceNow works pretty dang well for me! But the title support seems even more limited than Deck.

Thing is, if I'm being real w/ myself, I don't have that much time to game. The switch has been enough outside of some occasional steam multi w/ compadres. I do consider there is a significant probability the Deck will go mostly unused.

Not to mention the tweaking aspect, will cool, demands time and that's the most valuable commodity.

We will see, I appreciate all your feedback in this thread ☕

I have a "founders" tier membership and GeForceNow works pretty dang well for me! But the title support seems even more limited than Deck.
It’s extremely obnoxious that publishers threw a fit about the original version of the service. There should be no reason for them to prevent what is essentially renting a PC to play software you own but there they are. Blech. Seems like a fantastic service otherwise.

There should be no reason for them to prevent what is essentially renting a PC to play software you own but there they are.
Yea, I remember when it first launched it was like The Promised Land (assuming good ner connection)!

I'm legit curious what the reason is to limit access. Money has been paid for the "license" to play the game 🤔

Plenty of indie developers have taken the stance as well, so I assume there must be some logical reason that isn't just money-grubbing.

Wow, the GLS barcode wasn't active yet so I expected it in like a few days but the Steam Deck just came in after having ordered it last Friday! Box is in great condition as well. I'm really curious if I won the fan lottery, I'll check later today.

Wow, the GLS barcode wasn't active yet so I expected it in like a few days but the Steam Deck just came in after having ordered it last Friday! Box is in great condition as well. I'm really curious if I won the fan lottery, I'll check later today.
👀 congratulations! Which country are you in?

Got my email yesterday and went ahead and ordered it (256GB version). I am really on the fence about if I am going to keep it or not. Truthfully I am just wanting a Switch Pro, but this could be a nice stop gap until that gets announced or released.

Shit, mine isn't coming till like after October. If the next Switch is shown off or announced before then, I think I might have to just cancel my reservation as I'll be focused on that instead

Shit, mine isn't coming till like after October. If the next Switch is shown off or announced before then, I think I might have to just cancel my reservation as I'll be focused on that instead
I'm in the exact same situation and with the exact same plans. I feel like I'll be wanting a hardware upgrade for the Deck before I can even get my hands on one.

Same here lol. Although the only reason I want the Deck is purely for Monster Hunter. I know the Switch will miss out next gen MH so I need a portable platform capable of playing it lol.

I'm in the exact same situation and with the exact same plans. I feel like I'll be wanting a hardware upgrade for the Deck before I can even get my hands on one.
Honestly, that's what I'm expecting too. There will probably be a more powerful one later down the road anyways and, for that one, I might just pre-order it

Same here lol. Although the only reason I want the Deck is purely for Monster Hunter. I know the Switch will miss out next gen MH so I need a portable platform capable of playing it lol.
That's more than fair, although I can't imagine a PS5/XSX-focused one would perform so well on the Steam Deck

Honestly, that's what I'm expecting too. There will probably be a more powerful one later down the road anyways and, for that one, I might just pre-order it

That's more than fair, although I can't imagine a PS5/XSX-focused one would perform so well on the Steam Deck
If the MH6 is going to be on RE engine which is most likely, it should perform well at least at 30fps. Capcom games tends to be far more optimised such as RE2 and 3 remakes which look amazing and runs at 60fps on last gen consoles.

Back
Top Bottom