• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Star Wars |ST| SW fans cannot help what they are. Their passion leaves a trail. The enthusiasm for Star Wars is like an itch. They cannot help it.

Cool beans.

To be honest, I kinda don't like Din Djarin and Bo-Katan to have any sort of secret connection, but eh.

I will admit:

The Bad Batch is good and all, but it's not really... all that exciting? It just doesn't have a "hook" to it that keeps me wanting to watch it more.

So apparently The Mandalorian season 3 is premiering on March 1st?

Damn. So soon...

More info on The Mandalorian.

Thoughts?

I'm still surprised that it's coming so soon after The Bad Batch.

What does everyone think of The Bad Batch so far?

What does everyone think of The Bad Batch so far?

I think it's pretty good, although recently the episodes have kind of just been ok imo. But I thought the racing episode was fun, and the episodes where we see more of the Imperials/Crosshair are interesting

New interview on The Mandalorian.

I think it's pretty good, although recently the episodes have kind of just been ok imo. But I thought the racing episode was fun, and the episodes where we see more of the Imperials/Crosshair are interesting

Crosshair has certainly been a consistently strong character and so have the Imperials in general.

Crosshair has certainly been a consistently strong character and so have the Imperials in general.

I thought that twist with Rampart a couple episodes ago was pretty good/unexpected, thought he would be the main villain for the season and he ends up getting totally taken out of the picture. Wonder if he'll show up again later in the season

I thought that twist with Rampart a couple episodes ago was pretty good/unexpected, thought he would be the main villain for the season and he ends up getting totally taken out of the picture. Wonder if he'll show up again later in the season
Yeah, Rampart probably can't carry the series as the main villain himself unless they start doing something really interesting with him, pronto.

I completely forgot about Mando S3's premiere date. Gonna start the episode now!

I also still haven't seen Andor. I'm well aware of its acclaim, though. I'll try to binge it soon, so I can talk to you all and @bellydrum about it

Finished episode 11 of The Bad Batch season 2.

I'll move on to The Mandalorian season 3's premiere for now.

Okay, finally got around to watching The Mandalorian season 3 premiere.

And yes, I enjoyed it, but my first thought was: it pales in comparison to anything from the show Andor.

Not bad at all. But not good enough, I think.

Still, I enjoyed it all the same.

Okay, finally got around to watching The Mandalorian season 3 premiere.

And yes, I enjoyed it, but my first thought was: it pales in comparison to anything from the show Andor.

Not bad at all. But not good enough, I think.

Still, I enjoyed it all the same.
It feels like more Mandalorian, which is good if you liked Mandalorian! Andor is just such a totally different thing, I don't expect anything from Mando to come close to it. And that's not necessarily a comment on quality, I mean just.. like nothing else is gonna scratch the itch that Andor did, I bet.

The tiny door for the Anzellan droid shop made me lose it for some reason. A tiny door for tiny aliens.

Star Wars is known for its trilogies, and it seems like that might not change with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. According to Game Director Stig Asmussen, he always envisioned this series as a three-part story.

Asmussen went into detail about this with IGN on its Unfiltered podcast. Around 15 minutes into the interview, Asmussen started talking about how they were discussing Survivor and beyond before even finishing Fallen Order.

“We were already talking about the second game,” said Asmussen. “Frankly, we were talking beyond. These are conversations that, when we were breaking the story with Lucasfilm, it was like, ‘Where are we going to go with the second game?’ I always wanted to see this as a trilogy.”

He went on the describe the general thought process of what he had in mind for Survivor and whatever may come after.

“So how can we take Cal and the crew to new places beyond what we were doing with the first game? And we had a pretty decent idea of [the] time frame where we wanted Survivor to take place, kind of like what the stakes were going to be, what the tone of the game was going to be, what Cal was going to be up against, and how the crew was going to factor into that. And there’s ideas of what we could do beyond that, as well.”

Asmussen didn’t confirm a third installment, but did say that if the series does continue, it would likely leverage Unreal Engine 5. He noted elsewhere in the interview that Respawn Entertainment evaluated switching to Unreal Engine 5 for Survivor, but decided against it because it was new even to engine creator Epic Games at the time and noted that it, along with everything else that comes with making a big game exclusively on new hardware, probably would have been too much to handle in the amount of time the studio had. And while Survivor is on Unreal Engine 4, he spoke about how being on just the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC afforded the team the ability to make a bigger and more detailed experience that wouldn’t have worked on the last generation of consoles.

Electronic Arts has also not spoken about making a trilogy out of this series. However, the first game reached over 20 million players as of June 2021, a number that has undoubtedly grown since, especially seeing as though it was included in the PlayStation Plus Essential lineup for January 2023.

Hell yeah, do it.

Watched the Mandalorian episode.

Tbh...maybe wasn’t the most exciting episode but thought it was pretty good. IG-11 returning is pretty cool imo. Also, I like those standoff-style scenes, want to see more of them in Star Wars.

Lucasfilm recently released their prequel to Rogue One: A Star Wars series with Andor, and it was probably the highest rated project that has been released since Disney bought the studio. Star Wars has been having a bit of a resurgence on Disney+, and they're showing no signs of stopping. After the release of The Mandalorian you'd think that the studio wouldn't be able to outdo themselves, but they have with their latest series Andor. Andor brings back Cassian Andor (Diego Luna) in the prequel that shows how the spy joined the rebel forces. The series is confirmed to only have two seasons and it seems that Luna is pretty happy that he'll be done after filming the second season. In a new interview with Variety, Luna reveals his relief that the series is wrapping up.

"This is the last season for Andor," Luna revealed. "It is just a two-season show, which is really important for my mental health. But knowing this is the end, I want to enjoy it and get the best out of this experience."

Andor is one of the most recent Star Wars series to hit Disney+. Luna returns as one of the most interesting characters in the Star Wars universe, Cassian Andor. Back in May, ComicBook.com's Brandon Davis got the chance to speak with Andor's leading man during Star Wars Celebration, and he reveals that after watching Andor you won't believe that Rouge One: A Star Wars Story was possible.

"The only thing I can say is you're going to see where he was five years before Rogue One, and you're not going to believe Rogue One was possible," Luna told us. "That's the idea, to see a transformation and an awakening. I can't tell you how that will be represented, you'll have to wait until the 31st of August. But it is about that, and it's about how much we're all capable of changing and transforming, and that's the beauty of storytelling. Not many times you start knowing the end, here you know what happens. It's not about, like, 'Oh this happened!' No, no, it's how it happened that matters. It's about the little details and what's in between lines and every layer of the character. Even though we are on a very epic kind of show and a huge spy adventure show, we're going to have time for intimacy. You're going to go deep into the character and the people around him. It's going to be interesting, I think, and it's going to be dark and fun and different from what you see out there now."

Andor is streaming exclusively on Disney+ now!

Are you excited for the second season of Andor? Do you agree? Let us know your thoughts either in the comments section or by hitting our writer @NateBrail up on Twitter!

Yeah, I think this needed two seasons, at the very least, but I would've liked for it to have had three in total.

Gonna watch The Bad Batch soon before I get to The Mandalorian.

What are everyone's initial thoughts and impressions regarding the new respective episode of each series?

I would love to see him in a post-sequel series one day.

Tbh I’ve thought about this sometimes, I think it would be funny/interesting because he didn’t grow up in the Jedi Temple, he grew up learning about bounty hunter stuff from the Mandalorian. He might basically be like a bounty hunter Yoda.

Edit: Didn’t watch the new episodes yet

I haven't seen the new ones yet, but I could finish a post I never got to completing before discussion turns wholly to those.

In which case I would say the opening episode of The Mandalorian left me underwhelmed. The different segments are clearly setup for various plot points to come, but that seems to be the somewhat maclunky depth of it.

I probably shouldn't ramble too much about this here, so the opening scene can serve as a quick example, particularly focusing in further on the interaction with the armorer. The scene is largely akin to when a player returns to a questgiver without having progressed in the quest, in such case where the dialogue cycles back and repeats nearly verbatim. It's peak "as you know, Bob Djarin," and that seems to be the extent of its purpose.

Of course, the show's core essence remains in full force. While I still think it would have been best to explore some period of time where the two are separated, Grogu played up the cute moments, and that's likely what a large segment of the audience tunes in for.

Actually, I could see how an episode of that Mandalorian training (the bit with the purgills and the not trusting pirates) might have worked, a series of vignettes packed with action and adorableness and lending some much-needed insight into what Djarin truly believes about the nature of being a Mandalorian.

I'm not going to be too expectant, but we'll see if it starts to turn things around in this new episode.

Liked this episode a lot. Thought it was pretty entertaining/suspenseful, and all the stuff with underground Mandalore/the creatures I thought was pretty interesting. Also cool to see Grogu getting more involved/showing off some abilities. Can't believe how much of a cliffhanger this one ended on though, lol.

Just got one question after watching this week's episode:
where the eff do they store Grogu's lil Robotnik ship on that fighter?

Also did anyone else get Metroid vibes from this episode?? Especially at a couple certain points the music really sounds Super Metroidy

Also did anyone else get Metroid vibes from this episode?? Especially at a couple certain points the music really sounds Super Metroidy
I also got big Metroid vibes from this episode. Something about the mines of Mandalore and the creatures in there felt very Metroid.

Definitely got Metroid vibes, myself. Really enjoyed the episode. I'm kind of surprised
that the mines plot point seems to have been dealt with so quickly.

And I went into the new Bad Batch episode knowing nothing about it. What an ending...

At first was a bit disappointed this episode wasn't a follow-up to the Zillo Beast one. But it turned out to be a really good episode anyway imo, it's nice to see Crosshair finally starting to show a good side.

I haven't seen the new ones yet, but I could finish a post I never got to completing before discussion turns wholly to those.

In which case I would say the opening episode of The Mandalorian left me underwhelmed. The different segments are clearly setup for various plot points to come, but that seems to be the somewhat maclunky depth of it.

I probably shouldn't ramble too much about this here, so the opening scene can serve as a quick example, particularly focusing in further on the interaction with the armorer. The scene is largely akin to when a player returns to a questgiver without having progressed in the quest, in such case where the dialogue cycles back and repeats nearly verbatim. It's peak "as you know, Bob Djarin," and that seems to be the extent of its purpose.

Of course, the show's core essence remains in full force. While I still think it would have been best to explore some period of time where the two are separated, Grogu played up the cute moments, and that's likely what a large segment of the audience tunes in for.

Actually, I could see how an episode of that Mandalorian training (the bit with the purgills and the not trusting pirates) might have worked, a series of vignettes packed with action and adorableness and lending some much-needed insight into what Djarin truly believes about the nature of being a Mandalorian.

I'm not going to be too expectant, but we'll see if it starts to turn things around in this new episode.
Wait...

Did you just start the show?

Where are you at?

At first was a bit disappointed this episode wasn't a follow-up to the Zillo Beast one. But it turned out to be a really good episode anyway imo, it's nice to see Crosshair finally starting to show a good side.
Crosshair's story during this season (from the people that reviewed the season before it aired) said that his story was "tragic" or will be "tragic."

I'm guessing that he doesn't face a good ending this season...

Crosshair's story during this season (from the people that reviewed the season before it aired) said that his story was "tragic" or will be "tragic."

I'm guessing that he doesn't face a good ending this season...

Yeah I heard something like that too. Tbh, I wouldn’t mind it if he went out with some big redemption moment.

I finally got around to Andor and finished it yesterday. What a nice surprise this was for a franchise that has been a consistent disappointment for the last few years. I hope we get more of this and less of [points at everything else]

I finally got around to Andor and finished it yesterday. What a nice surprise this was for a franchise that has been a consistent disappointment for the last few years. I hope we get more of this and less of [points at everything else]
In my honest opinion: Star Wars has been doing better from 2020 onward.

After the sequel trilogy, it's only been getting consistently better, imho.

On that note, I don't really get all the comparisons with Andor from this ep.

This could've been the basic plot of a Clone Wars episode, poltical intrigue, effed up ending and all.
Yeah there was basically zero Andor DNA in this episode imo even if it was more grounded, but it wasn't bad (though I feel like they were too scared to let the episode stand on its own so they plopped the end of the last episode as bookends to this one when they could have leaned harder into the city stuff)

Wow yeah, this Mandalorian episode was definitely…different from the others. Thought it was a little slow at first but it def picked up towards the end, and couldn’t believe that ending.

The Bad Batch episode I think felt pretty different for the show too. Tbh, this 1 wasn’t that exciting imo, I thought there could have been a more interesting conflict than a big wave too. The island is at least a great location though, and I think it’s a lot better story wise for the Bad Batch to be there than always going on missions for Cid.

Yeah there was basically zero Andor DNA in this episode imo even if it was more grounded, but it wasn't bad (though I feel like they were too scared to let the episode stand on its own so they plopped the end of the last episode as bookends to this one when they could have leaned harder into the city stuff)
I dunno...

In the end, I think they made the right choice by giving Doc's storyline time to breathe, but you still had continuation of Mando's antics, as well.

Cuz in the end, while I guessed right in that homegirl was shady and interested in how she basically "tied up a loose end" in a quite silly fashion? I don't think I wanted a full ep of the Doc, by himself.

To that end, I can only feel but so bad about the dude when he wanted to continue very illegal activities, using tech that was very dangerous and unsactioned and ended up playing right into that the officer's hands. Sorry that your brain is likely melted at this point, my dude, but this is why we should have thought twice about somebody that played you like a sap once already in your time together!

I dunno...

In the end, I think they made the right choice by giving Doc's storyline time to breathe, but you still had continuation of Mando's antics, as well.

Cuz in the end, while I guessed right in that homegirl was shady and interested in how she basically "tied up a loose end" in a quite silly fashion? I don't think I wanted a full ep of the Doc, by himself.

To that end, I can only feel but so bad about the dude when he wanted to continue very illegal activities, using tech that was very dangerous and unsactioned and ended up playing right into that the officer's hands. Sorry that your brain is likely melted at this point, my dude, but this is why we should have thought twice about somebody that played you like a sap once already in your time together!
yeah i totally understand why they bookended it with Mando stuff, but I think it was bc they didn't have faith in the story of Pershing reintegrating into society and meeting his flayed end being "enough", and they should have - as Bill and Frank or Ellie and Riley in TLOU HBO have shown, it could have been something really cool but I don't think their hearts were really in making that as compelling as it could have been... and while they bookended those TLOU eps with scenes of the main plot as well, it was thematically tied together unlike here where it was very much a separate story, so the Mando stuff distracted from what they were attempting (twice) imo bc they weren't confident enough in themselves or the audience to go along with it, rather than allowing Pershing to organically add to the world/story.

Maybe doc's story wasn't strong enough on its own, but i think it could have been, especially if the end of the last episode had been Mando and Bo jumping to somewhere they can't find us so then we're OK with picking up somewhere new at the start of the ep, then, started this ep with the Dr and maybe gone to Mando and Bo with the other Mandalorians at the end still. But yeah, just smacked of them not being willing to try something like that, maybe a bit of post Boba Fett trying to give everyone everything

I still have yet to watch the recent episodes.

Thanks for the spoiler tags, everyone. I'll get to them soon.

Got The Bad Batch down.

Damn boring episode if I ever saw one.
It wasn't bad, it was just a bit "nothing"
i feel like it needed a reason or threat that the tidal wave was happening to really land
but I think setting up a new home base and purpose for them instead of being mercenaries for Cid is good, it was a nice calm before the storm setting up things to come for the final arc

I thought this episode of Bad Batch was fine overall, but I think part of that is I actually do like "nothing" or "filler" episodes. I like it when characters and settings get a moment to breathe. Of course when every episode is one, that's a problem for me, but it didn't feel like it here.

I watched it right after The Mandalorian too, so it felt even more like a breather episode.

Back
Top Bottom