• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the Among Us stuff, I now fully expect the 18th.
7f46b78f4aa8d6d0113978ff4bf0b9727cd06add.png

Guess this means FE4R confirmed for the Direct.

TWEET IS FROM NOVEMBER 2023:

Surely, this is in the Nintendo Direct then right?

That's a game you would have to until for it to hit the shelves to be sure it wont be canceled, and even then there would be a slim chance of a recall

When Furukawa said there was a direct in June I immediately said it's the last week and the internet will drive itself crazy until then.

Last edited:
By the way his post reads, he’s not giving us the date period lol

that's quite the post, if we're just going by how it reads i'd go a step beyond and say it reads more like "actively sending letters to Nintendo requesting that they cancel the Direct so nobody can make Youtube videos about the date"

tumblr_inline_ob3ghaZ5gM1s24py6_500.gif

I'm an optimist but bundling TPHD and WWHD is wishful thinking. Zelda series is a goldmine and enjoys boosted popularity with BotW. Each of those beloved games alone could sustain a long ceremonious marketing campaign with special editions, amiibo restocks, decorated controllers/docks, lavish trailers, etc. Like Skyward Sword HD. Even a Hagi port of the GameCube originals could have that. Why waste this by bundling the two together? They're not sequels to each other, they're distinct visuals and gameplay wise, they both have meaty campaigns. Nintendo are not going to pack these two together and I doubt they'd even release them near each other. Ocarina and Majora I'm more likely to believe, but even then I think they'd get separate releases that are spread apart. If I'm wrong in the future, point and laugh.
While I totally get the viewpoint here, I’ve only entertained the double pack/cheaper speculation because of the unique situation WW and TP are in. A switch version of WWHD and TPHD would be the first “port/remaster of a remaster” we’ve gotten from Nintendo, and I think it’s fair to say we can’t be entirely sure how they’d handle it.

It’s not like the other Wii U to Switch ports which are their first time being ported/remastered. Skyward Sword HD was SS getting the treatment that WW and TP already got on Wii U.

It’s why I’ve started entertaining that because it’s been so long, they might just be getting straight up remakes next gen instead. Something to make them shine again, because the “HD remaster” card has already been played for them. We’ve seen lavish $60 remakes with LA, TTYD and SMRPG. Maybe they’ll get that.

Y’know what, we should really stop asking Nate for the date, it’s getting annoying, how about we ask G about the drip instead?
IMG_4340.jpg
IMG_4343.jpg

Whadaya’ll think, should I cop?

By the way his post reads, he’s not giving us the date period lol
yeah once he states even a date range besides what Nintendo gave, every gaming rumor news outlet is going to start saying things "Per reliable insider, Nintendo Direct is reportedly being planned for [insert date]"

A switch version of WWHD and TPHD would be the first “port/remaster of a remaster” we’ve gotten from Nintendo, and I think it’s fair to say we can’t be entirely sure how they’d handle it.
latest

A WW/TP HD double pack probably won't be $30 and include a soundtrack, though.

While I totally get the viewpoint here, I’ve only entertained the double pack/cheaper speculation because of the unique situation WW and TP are in. A switch version of WWHD and TPHD would be the first “port/remaster of a remaster” we’ve gotten from Nintendo, and I think it’s fair to say we can’t be entirely sure how they’d handle it.

It’s not like the other Wii U to Switch ports which are their first time being ported/remastered. Skyward Sword HD was SS getting the treatment that WW and TP already got on Wii U.

It’s why I’ve started entertaining that because it’s been so long, they might just be getting straight up remakes next gen instead. Something to make them shine again, because the “HD remaster” card has already been played for them. We’ve seen lavish $60 remakes with LA, TTYD and SMRPG. Maybe they’ll get that.
If I was Nintendo this is my plan
HD WW and TP individually at $40, bundled at $60
Same with Metroid Prime 2 and 3
Ocarina of Time remake during Switch 2, maybe release it with the movie if new game is not ready.

I just want to know if there's gonna be a game I can spend my other voucher on this year after already spending one on TTYD.

I think at this point Metroid Prime 2 and 3 are going to be more like Pikmin 1+2 as opposed to Metroid Prime Remastered (unfortunately).

I hope the direct is in the next two weeks and not the last week of June.

Clearly this is an indicator that Beyond Good & Evil 2 will be a Switch Exclusive.
it's Ubisoft, never say never.

I wouldn't be surprised if we'll be getting a new Ubisoft exclusives for the Switch 2... Maybe it's a crossover with the rabbids and F-Zero

I think at this point Metroid Prime 2 and 3 are going to be more like Pikmin 1+2 as opposed to Metroid Prime Remastered (unfortunately).

if the game is bundled and 1080/60, then i can see people enjoying it quite a bit.

Nate said he has a “three day window”. That’s very interesting
I wonder if he always has a "three day window" or it's only for this one, cause if not, it tells more than you'd think since there's a specific week where a specific day makes it harder to predict 👀 If you know what I mean (just speculating, I'm sorry if that makes Nate feel bad or something like that, if that's the case I apologize).

Y’know what, we should really stop asking Nate for the date, it’s getting annoying, how about we ask G about the drip instead?
IMG_4340.jpg
IMG_4343.jpg

Whadaya’ll think, should I cop?
Looks good, I'd feel so naked wearing that though but that's a me thing, I was never one to take my shirt off while at the beach or the pool

if the game is bundled and 1080/60, then i can see people enjoying it quite a bit.
MP3 would require a bit more work due to the change in control scheme, but I expect something similar to Pikmin 1+2 if they do eventually come.

I'm thinking the opposite.

Metroid Prime Remastered was the Pikmin 1+2 of Prime 4, hell, I'm even expecting Prime 4 to not even be numbered and instead be called Metroid Prime: Subtitle. That way they can save Prime 2 and 3 for future remasters that match the standards of Prime Remastered, because after Prime 4 and the next 2D Metroid which shouldn't take too long after that, there is bound to be somewhat of a Metroid drought.

Do people really expect both WWHD AND TPHD? Like, as a combo pack? I could see one or the other but both at once? Good luck with that pal
Yeah of all the things that aren’t happening, this is happening the least.

MP4 and Silksong have at least been announced, even if their status is unknown. Zelda HD combo pack has always been wishful thinking.

Seems like discussion has mostly died down for this one, but a Switch Sports sequel could make for a great August release

Boy are there going to be some disappointed viewers…
It's probably gonna be a normal Direct for obvious reasons... yet they expect it to be peak just because a leaker is excited for no reason besides she's a fan of said event lol

Tokyo Mirage Sessions 2 it is!

Actually that might be interesting.
Real talk, I have a google doc that's over 100 pages on how TMS 2 could function and what I'd like to see from it. The bulk of it is information on playable characters (class, Carnage spirits, aesthetic and inspiration, song style, notes and biography for supports, etc.), NPCs, and antagonists. But gameplay pitches, dungeon themes and bosses found in them, recruitment time and the calendar system,* several major sidequests, post-game content notes, NG+ notes, shops and locations that can be visited, and several more things are also included. I also have several side documents to parse out some of the more granular information and ideas, such as affinities and how they work into gameplay. I've worked on this on-and-off since 2020, so it makes sense that it's this long. (The bulk of the work was done between 2020 and 2022, with some major revisions in 2023 and only minor touch-ups this year.) Maybe someday I'll commission some concept art of the idea and be foolhardy enough to pitch it to Nintendo or IntSys, but not today...

My notes for TMS 3 & potentially 4 are far shorter, roughly 6-10 pages total.** My notes for a true SMT x FE crossover are probably 3 pages at most. (My notes for an SMT x FE are a single page, and I'm pretty sure I've combined several of the ideas I wanted to try out there into another game or into SMT x FE proper.)

*Unlike Persona and Three Houses, tackling the non-story dungeons will not affect the calendar at all. There's an in-world reason for this too!
**The big problem is that I'm not sure what I want to do with TMS 4. Originally it was its own story, but then I worked it into TMS 3 as "The B-Sides," a story that takes place halfway through the game while the main plot is happening, that has its own story, characters, and gameplay style. But then the theme I wanted to explore with this story changed, and I found another way it can work into TMS 3, but I'm not exactly sure how it meshes altogether just yet. Ultimately, TMS 3's story, theme, characters, style, and key aesthetic are all set in stone for me, and have been for the longest time. TMS 4's key aesthetic changes due to two competing ideas, both of which could fit in TMS 3, but not together. Well, maybe together, but it'd be weird. I'd have to think on it.

What Among Us stuff?
GameSpot accidentally posted a trailer saying new content is "out now", with the associated blog post dated the 18th, now deleted.

Not sure what other upcoming event could have hosted Among Us, and Nintendo has a good relationship with Innersloth. If it's not at the Direct, one has to wonder why it wasn't at SGF with their presence.

So, I expect the 18th.

I have the window of expectation, yes -- window being a 3 day range (which is typically influenced by uncertainty due to timezones).
I'm going to stress and overthink every meeting invite I send or accept for a Tue/Wed/Thur for the rest of the month, but honestly that's a me problem and I'll get over it (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom